Thread: The Fabulous Moolah, 84

susalu Guest

The Fabulous Moolah, 84

got this from dlisted....

The Fabulous Moolah passed away in South Carolina last night. Born Lillian Ellison, Moolah was the most famous female wrestler. She was the WWE's first female champion and held the record for the longest title reign by any athlete in any professional sport. She was 84.

She looks like she had a hard life.... I remember watching her as a kid in the 60's.... She coulda whupped my ass easy... RIP!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripfabulosmoolah1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	551  

I remember watching her back in the mid 70s.
    Aways fun to watch.
    --john

I remember when I used to watch her in the early 80s and she looked like she was 90 then. She was a revolutionary in the womans wrestling world. In 1999, she became the oldest champion in the history of wrestling.

The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Kathyf Guest
    I never watched her but saw her in a documentary sbout female wrestlers.

melmoney Guest
    I was actually surprised to hear of her passing. I know she's 84 and her time was approaching but any wrestling fan can tell you that she has appeared on WWE television in recent years (probably a few times a year) and has taken some crazy bumps. I'm talking about being thrown off a 10 foot platform onto a table...

But I'm glad she was able to be up and about her last few years. Some people don't get that advantage

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    got this from dlisted....

The Fabulous Moolah passed away in South Carolina last night. Born Lillian Ellison, Moolah was the most famous female wrestler. She was the WWE's first female champion and held the record for the longest title reign by any athlete in any professional sport. She was 84.

She looks like she had a hard life.... I remember watching her as a kid in the 60's.... She coulda whupped my ass easy... RIP!!!

I didn't know she had died.

Bellfire Guest
    I remember seeing her earlier this year and remarking to myself that she didn't look well. 'm glad she got to do what she loved and at least you know she didn't die from drugs which is nice.

ComputerGuy Guest

Celeb Death Alert

The most famous and recognized woman wrestler, Fabulous Moolah, passed away last night in South Carolina, the WWE announced today. She was 84.

Born Lillian Ellison, the WWE says that she "was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter." She even held the title as recently as 1999, becoming the oldest champion in the history of wrestling.

She was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame back in 1995, the first female wrestler to receive the honor.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    The most famous and recognized woman wrestler, Fabulous Moolah, passed away last night in South Carolina, the WWE announced today. She was 84.

Born Lillian Ellison, the WWE says that she "was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter." She even held the title as recently as 1999, becoming the oldest champion in the history of wrestling.

She was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame back in 1995, the first female wrestler to receive the honor.

Theres already a thread about her if you search for it.

Wow I remember her being on WWF a few years back.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Theres already a thread about her if you search for it.

Sorry Suckmydick I promise to do better

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    Sorry Suckmydick I promise to do better

Oh how original.
    I simply pointed out a simple fact, and the simple use of a ''search'' button.
    No need to be rude.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Please let me know how you are finding deader celebs? I had just gotten this from my alert and thought it was fresh

SuckMyKiss Guest

ComputerGuy Guest
    Then I would suggest that NO ONE SUBSCRIBE TO:

http://deathbeeper.com/

They don't have their shit together and I bow and appologize to suckmykiss because she is hot and I am not

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I was actually surprised to hear of her passing. I know she's 84 and her time was approaching but any wrestling fan can tell you that she has appeared on WWE television in recent years (probably a few times a year) and has taken some crazy bumps. I'm talking about being thrown off a 10 foot platform onto a table...

But I'm glad she was able to be up and about her last few years. Some people don't get that advantage
    i loved that she was still involved in wrestling, she will be missed, they still sell her action figure at walmart~

UGHHHHH Guest

WWFs Fabulous Moolah

For those of you who followed Wrestling back in the day.

from WWE.com website.
    She passed away on Friday November 2nd.

Fabulous Moolah passes away

WWE is saddened by the passing of Lillian Ellison, who was known to sports-entertainment fans as Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah. She passed away last night in Columbia, S.C.
    In the world of womenâ??s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

bulldog0728 Guest
    sad to hear she was an incredible part of all the wrestemanias in the hulkamania era.

Bidmor Guest
    A few years ago the History Channel did a 2-hour show on the history of wrestling, narrated by Steve Allen. The show was quite even handed I thought and rather light hearted in tone but also quite comprehensive with interviews and sound bites from both retired wrestlers and those who were on top at the time, including Hogan and Ric Flair. Moolah was interviewed at her little training camp for female wrestlers/valets. Here was a woman that came from poor beginnings and worked her rear end off and made some money without comprimising principles, in a business that is rife with comprimise. Much of the story she told about herself is repeated here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabulous_Moolah

RoRo Guest
    I loved watching Moolah!! I didn't hear she had passed....
    She was so cool...unlike those half naked bimbos they have now

Bidmor Guest
    Not mentioned in the Wiki article is how she got her Lillian got her professional name.

On that 2-show about wrestling I mentioned above, as I recall Lillian said Billy Wolfe early on asked her why she wanted to get into the wrestling biz. Lillian said that she needed the money, so Wolfe said something like...ok, we'll call you Moolah.

Gorey Guest
    I am having problem with the term "back in the day" I remember that stuff I am so old. I remember watching Moolah in "the Day" and my mom threatening to get her and George Steele to babysit my sister, my brother and me. Sad passing.

I saw the documentary also on the female wrestlers. Moolah was one hell of a business woman and knew how to keep the money coming in, long after her career was over, while the other female wrestlers of her day, faded in obscurity.

I also enjoyed reading the pleasant exchange on here...

TheMysterian Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Not mentioned in the Wiki article is how she got her Lillian got her professional name.

On that 2-show about wrestling I mentioned above, as I recall Lillian said Billy Wolfe early on asked her why she wanted to get into the wrestling biz. Lillian said that she needed the money, so Wolfe said something like...ok, we'll call you Moolah.
    I remember watching that documentary on female wrestlers,it gave a lot of insight into what they (women wrestlers) were expected to do in the ring.I think during the interview Moolah was living with a few retired women wrestlers,and she had commented on how hard it was to compete and make some money.Excellent insight into business!

cherryghost Guest
    At last .....a wrestler who lives past 40. Hoorah!

I had NO idea that she passed. That's too bad. I used to see her live back in the early 80's. <sigh>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Forever-27 Guest
    Shed do guest spots on the various WWF matches and in Raw. On occasion shed appear with Mae Young on the pay per views. In her day she was badass in female pro wrestling.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    I saw her in a wrestling documentary a few days ago. It was pretty insightful. RIP Moolah

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Shed do guest spots on the various WWF matches and in Raw. On occasion shed appear with Mae Young on the pay per views. In her day she was badass in female pro wrestling.
    I remember that very well.

c l p Guest
    i loved her i'm sorry to here of her passing.