Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead musician you regret not seeing in concert

cupcake187 Guest
    ELvis (though I was born more than a year after he died), Rosemary clooney, Karen Capenter, Bing Crosby... I'm an old soul, what can I say..

Any concert with Queen, The Doors, Nirvana, and The Beatles would satisfy me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

tntkid Guest
    Elvis Presley. I was less than a month old when he died.

DEfinitely Elvis - at his peak though - 69-72 - From 73 forward, he began to sink deeper into the drugs.

Beatles and the original WHO!!

Shannon Guest
    Keith Moon! Back in 1967

Ooh...so many. I would kill to see Jim Morrison (sooooo sexy), Jimi Hendrix and the king, Marvin Gaye. It would've also been cool to see the original line up of the Mamas and the Papas.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Well...during the time that I've been alive...

Nirvana(Kurt Cobain)
    Alice In Chains
    Blind Melon
    Waylon Jennings
    Conway Twitty
    John Denver

(obviously some of these I would have been way too young...but still)

Now, for the musicians that passed before I was born....
    Elvis
    Buddy Holly
    Jim Croce
    Robert Johnson
    Led Zeppelin (John Bonham)
    The Beatles

tisha3679 Guest
    Freddie Mercury & Bon Scott. Two of the best frontmen ever!

STORMIE Guest
    I am very eclectic in my music:

Waylon Jennings and The Ramones

Suebabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I gave up going to concerts. I went to see Elvis and it was his last concert in my city. I went to see Harry Chapin and he died shortly after. I went to see Andy Gibb (not my choice...was dating his security guy) and then he died. Although, I did go to a Pink Floyd concert. I think no one died in that group cuz I stepped on a broken beer bottle and had to go to the ER in the middle of the concert. Perhaps I've got to see the whole thing in order for the curse to continue.
    Nice to see a fellow Hoosier here!

Mu Sweetie's parents say Elvis's last show -- they were horrified. All they saw was a bloated blob who could barely make the music they were expecting. In fact, daddy spent half the show in the hallway smoking because he was so disappointed.

Suebabe Guest
    My choice?

Patsy Cline hands down.

Guest Guest
    I would have love to see Queen and Freddie Mercury

the corpse bride Guest
    i would have loved to have seen freddie mercury and sammy davis jr.

Since i'm so into Layne Staley right now i will have to say him

Motzart
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cherryghost Guest
    Oh Gram Parsons!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    The love of my life ( ) - Tiny Tim. I never got to see him in concert because family (and a boyfriend at the time (from 1994-1998) didn't like him and refused to take me. I didn't drive back then either, so couldn't go by myself. I resent them for that.

jeca Guest
    I saw INXS twice. Once for the Kick tour and the other on X. God, Michael Hutchence was awesome!! I'm so glad I got to see those shows. I also got to see Buck Owens, and Roy Clark when I was little. It must have been some Hee Haw thing my dad took me to. I loved Hee Haw, so I remember being so excited. I also have albums signed by Conway Twitty, Waylon Jennings, and Loretta Lynn. I went to a lot of shows when I was little, with my dad.

I would have loved to have seen Kurt Cobain. I met Layne Staley and another band member once outside a building once. I didn't know who they were, although I had heard of them at the time (1992). My friend was freaking out.LOL She was so excited I don't think she slept the entire night. They were super nice and down to earth. I was slightly disappointed at the time, because I went all the way to Seattle to visit a friend, and I was hoping to run into Cobain or Vedder.LOL

Others I would have loved to have seen are The Who with Keith Moon, Zepplin with Bonham, Freddie Mercury, Elvis, and the Rat Pack.

SEL2323 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    layne staley, selena...elvis, ...many more
    Selena....Cynn are you a member of Selenachat?

Snudgie Guest
    Karen Carpenter....of course I was only 8 when she passed so would have been too young for a show....it's the sad old case of not knowing what's wonderful till it's gone I guess.....and Freddie Mercury....my husband saw the "A Kind of Magic" tour back in 1986....he loves to talk about just to annoy me so he gets a slap cos I'm so jealous that he saw the great Freddie in person....also Michael Hutchence...that man had sex appeal oozing out of him....bet he was amazing live.

RubySlippers Guest
    george harrison. boo for missing my favorite beatle...especially his solo stuff.

Last edited by RubySlippers; 03-10-2009 at 12:59 PM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    John Lennon and George Harrison
    (I've seen both Paul and Ringo in concert)

WriterDude Guest
    Something I wrote a few years ago illustrates why those of us who regret never being able to see the Beatles, really shouldn't. Not that I could have -- I was three years old and lived 400-odd miles from where their final gig took place. Anyway:

Last Beatles Gig Part I

Last Beatles Gig Part II

Hope you get a laugh out of it.

Meli Guest
    Freddie Mercury hands down, Queen is not Queen since he passed away

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Without a doubt, Gene Pitney! He is from my homestate of Connecticut. Colud have gone to see him at the Oakdale Theater, in Wallingford, CT, in 1991, but I had to work. I shoulda just called in sick and gone to the concert! It was my last chance to see him, before I moved to Colorado, but I didn't know that, at the time.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    Something I wrote a few years ago illustrates why those of us who regret never being able to see the Beatles, really shouldn't. Not that I could have -- I was three years old and lived 400-odd miles from where their final gig took place. Anyway:

Last Beatles Gig Part I

Last Beatles Gig Part II

Hope you get a laugh out of it.
    I was 6 mos old when they last performed at Candlestick Park in 1966.
    I was 14 when John was shot and killed.
    George never toured much after the 80's.
    I would have loved to see the Beatles together obviously but I would have loved to see them perform alone too. Paul was fantastic and Ringo was fun.
    Glad I saw these 2 anyway

STsFirstmate Guest

God I am Old!!!!

Lets see, I saw the Beatles at Crosley Field in Cincinnati. My dad got 4 tickets for me and my friends somehow through his cop buddy connections. I saw the Allman Brothers and Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention with jimmy Carl Black. I drove all the way to Barstow California from an LA Business trip to hear Roy Rogers and his band at his museum. What can I say. The heart loves what the heart loves!
    I also saw the Mills Brothers ( took my Dad later in life to pay him back for the Beatles tickets cause they were his faves). Count Basie, Cannonball Adderly, Eartha Kitt and lots of others that are gone and sadly missed.

I wish I had seen:

• Frank Sinatra
      • Dean Martin
      • Ella Fitzgerald
      • Tammy Wynette
      • Waylon Jennings
      • Stevie Ray Vaughn
      • Johnny Cash
    Is that an eclectic list or what??
    regards,
    Mary

beatlebaby4 Guest
    ahh the Blues Brothers!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    For sure KC!!!!

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    Janis Joplin,
    Nirvana
    Layne staley...with AIC

Outlier Guest
    The Doors. Also hate that I missed The Clash. I really think Otis Redding would have been a life-changing experience. The Beatles, obviously, just because as time goes on, you begin to realize what a genuine miracle of the universe those four guys together were. If I could pick, btw, I'd want to see them in Hamburg, before it all went stratospheric. A simpler request, but just as heartfelt: 77-era Fleetwood Mac. <<oops, no dead members there...just "permanently retired"

I'm so grateful I got to see Elliott Smith and Frank Zappa before they passed. Also unreasonably proud that I saw the original Replacements, with Bob Stinson.
    Last edited by Outlier; 03-10-2009 at 05:56 PM.

John Connor Guest
    Iggy Pop...oh yeah...

Outlier Guest
    Crap, did Iggy die?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    No, he just looks dead

Elvis
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Janis Joplin

So many... Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Doors, Beatles, Nirhvana, Jim Croce, the list is endless. I love all music, it is always on when I get a chance to listen to it, not a TV watcher other than sports (football addict) and news.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Without a doubt, Gene Pitney! He is from my homestate of Connecticut. Colud have gone to see him at the Oakdale Theater, in Wallingford, CT, in 1991, but I had to work. I shoulda just called in sick and gone to the concert! It was my last chance to see him, before I moved to Colorado, but I didn't know that, at the time.
    I loved Gene Pitney. I sent him a fan letter when I was a young teen in the early 60's. I did not get a letter back from Gene....however I got a letter back from his mother. Evidently she loved answering his fan mail for him. It was a very nice letter from a very proud mother. I wish I had seen him also.
    Also the Beatles....I will always regret not seeing them. Also sorry I missed the Rat Pack. I did see Frank Sinatra by himself in concert but it would have been soooo cool to see Dino, Sammy and all of them together. Very glad I did take the time to go see Elvis...it was so totally worth it.

I would have loved to see Simple Minds in the early 80's, INXS and the clash.
    My mom was at a concert where the beatles were the supporting act, the main was the Stones!

Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Frank Sinatra
    Dean Martin

beatlebaby4 Guest
    The Rat Pack in Vegas would have been a riot to see. They had lots of fun doing those shows, you can tell. I would have loved to see them perform.

BAGOBONES Guest
    i would have really enjoyed having my face melted at a Stevie Ray Vaughn concert.

lane4 Guest
    No question, for me, Nirvana. I saw the Foo Fighters last summer w/my 2 sons & when Dave took the stage I started to cry & get goosebumps. Something about their music just did something for me.

crazedfemale Guest
    Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.

Guest Guest
    So many of them:

Jimi Hendrix
    Vivian Stanshall
    Frank Zappa
    Freddie Mercury

the corpse bride Guest
    Freddie Mercury
    The one and only.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Layne Staley with either Alice in Chains or Mad Season

Lisa03 Guest
    Layne Staley

I wish I could have gone to a Led Zep concert, but Bonzo died and Zep broke up before I was even born. I also would've loved to be at the original Woodstock. Janis Joplin, Sweetwater, Canned Heat, Hendrix, Joan Baez, The Who, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Ritchie Havens, Country Joe McDonald...Damn, it would have been awesome to be there!
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

jaylene Guest
    INXS Or Queen. Maybe Elvis in the early years.
    Not the bloated, drugged up Elvis.

Number one Jim Morrison, no doubt about it.