Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead musician you regret not seeing in concert

Elvis, Kiss with Eric Carr (one more time), Morrison, Joplin
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Janis Joplin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jim Morrison
    Kurt Cobain
    Layne Staley
    Otis Redding
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes1986; 03-06-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: adding a name to the list

Mortuary Man Guest

Talking Dead musicians

I did get to see Hendrix (great-like a bi............g stereo and, he played "Sunshine of Your Love" of all songs-Axis Bold as Love had just come out). I also would've liked to have seen about 100 others: Freddy, Keith Moon, the Beatles (together), Elvis, Sinatra, Vivaldi,. Beethoven, Mr. Mojo Risin', Stevie Ray, original Led Zep, et al.

In April we are taking our two little boys, ages 8 and 11, to see Mom's all-time favorite, Bruce Springsteen. Not sure if they will like him or not (even though they hear a lot of him at home and in my car), but once he dies, I want them to be able to say they heard him live in concert... with their Mom and Dad. We're going to all get T-shirts, have someone take a family picture, I can hardly wait!!!

I wish my parents were this cool when I was growing up!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Lucy Furr Guest
    The Rat Pack
    Elvis
    Billie Holliday
    Danzig
    Diana Ross & the Supremes
    Ike & Tina
    Hank Williams
    Johnny Cash
    Muddy Waters
    The Cars
    The Ramones
    Thin Lizzy
    Buddy Holly
    Eddie Cochran
    Roy Orbison
    The Animals (hell, even just Eric Bourden)
    The Smiths
    Bobby Darin
    Heart
    Nat King Cole
    Sam & Dave

Ya'll, I can go on for days on this subject....

Tugboat25 Guest
    Elvis Presley (by far).
    The Smiths (saw Moz but not the same).
    Buddy Holly.
    Frank Sinatra (young version).

I saw the original Ramones and they were nothing short of Amazing and I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan 4 times. He too was so good it was scary. The first time I saw SRV it was at the local community college in the "ballroom" which was nothing more than a smallish cafeteria and he stood oh about 10 feet away from me. It was sooo LOUD. Seriously, my ears have had a ringing sound in them ever since.

7. 03-09-2008, 05:45 PM

leeny994 Guest
    Ramones (original lineup, I did see them with CJ though)
    The Doors
    The Sex Pistols
    The Clash
    the Temptations (during their hey day)
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Beatles
    Tammy Terrell and Marvin Gaye
    I know there are more...

twist340 Guest
    elvis,janis joplin or stevie ray vaughn.

cherryghost Guest
    Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, they played the Big Day out in Sydney at the Domain in 1992 I think it was and I had just decided that hot sweaty open air concerts were no longer a thing I was prepared to endure!

Guest Guest
    Luciano Pavarotti, I could have gone when they (3 tenors) came to Toronto when I lived there. I believe a good ticket cost $1,000, if I remember correctly. Yes, I know....but it's only money. Of course I would have had to go by myself, no one else I knew would pay an entire paycheque to go to a concert, so I did not go, not wanting to go by myself. I really really really wish I had gone.

Cathy J. Guest
    The Beatles !!!!!!!!!

Actually knew two people who really did seem them live ( Washington DC and Denver ) and both told me that half the fun of their show was actually the audience.

The guy who I know who saw them in Denver told me he remembers the girl next to him was so exicted and nervous watching the Beatles live that she bit a hole through her purse.

Izzybru Guest
    Janis Joplin...would have loved to seen her.

unihikid Guest
    jackie wilso
    sam cooke
    nat king cole
    bobby darin
    the temptations(not temptation)
    count basie
    dinah washington
    frankie lymon
    little willie john
    vince guaraldi

Reecy Guest
    I wish I could've seen John Lennon sing with the Beatles. Him and George Harrison. I never got to see them.

seberly Guest
    george harrison, john lennon

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Dylan

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Pink Floyd

Elvis

The Doors

I have seen the majority of bands that I have really wanted to see, but there are some that I'm sure no words could properly describe. I know there are alot more, but these seem to stand out to me the most.

STORMIE Guest
    The ORIGINAL Ramones
    The ORIGINAL Lynard Skynard

LaynesGirl Guest
    No questions asked..Hands down Layne Staley I will ALWAYS regret not seeing them when I could have and SHOULD have. It pisses me off actually

pattykad Guest
    I am a pretty big concert goer and I will always regret not seeing
    John Denver. I did get to see Roy Orbison, during his comeback
    before he died.

Bake Guest
    Elvis

SlippyInvader Guest
    Michael Hutchence
    Elvis
    Freddie Mercury
    Jimi Hendrix

John,George,Elvis and Jimi.

ginny9577 Guest
    Freddie Mercury

Originally Posted by Danny62
    God I remember cutting the recording of that song off the back of a cereal box in the 1960's!!!

A mini paper LP!!!!

OMG! I forgot all about those things!

HA HA HA I totally forgot about those also. I remember getting those, and the little lp was kinda warped from the bending and cardboard it was on, always sounded kinda funny.

There are alot I would have LOVED to see:
    Janis (OF COURSE)
    The Doors
    Pantera (Dimebag-They came to phoenix about 16-17 years ago. All my guy friends went up to the concert, and ended up staying at the same hotel. They partied with them all night, got signatures, and said they smoked up all they're bag and Dimebag's bag of weed. Said He was the most nicest and coolest musician they had ever met. Suicidal Tendacies was there also, and they said that they just stayed in their own room, not talking to anyone.)
    Patsy Cline
    Jimi Hendrix
    Always been my one thing to have been alive and gone to Woodstock.
    The Sex Pistols with Sid
    There are so many..lol

Norma Desmond Guest
    The Doors -- but I was too young.

dray7austin Guest
    Elvis 1954-55, Jim Reeves, Freddie Mercury and the greatest bluesman ever .....Chester Arthur Burnett aka Howlin' Wolf.

After finding alot out about Mamonas Assassinas and seeing their concert on DVD i think they would have been great to go see live i think it would have been an energetic fun gig to go to

Earthbound Misfit Guest
    I had tickets to see jazz bassist Jaco Pastorius at the University of Toronto. At the last minute, the band I was in got a gig so we all raced off to North Bay. I gave the tickets to my then-girlfriend. We got all the way up to North Bay and found another band already set up on the stage. We were double-booked. So, thanks to our snake/agent, we made the trip for nothing, earned nothing - and I gave up my only chance to see perhaps the greatest bassist ever...for nothing. But, it's not a total loss. In the days and weeks after that concert, she told me many, MANY times how great that show was. We broke up soon after.

Guest Guest
    No question, no doubt..............Tiny Tim......................PSYCHE!

John Henry Bonham

Earthbound Misfit Guest
    I once...pardon the expression, "opened" for Tiny Tim. He was playing clubs toward the end of his life and was quite portly. He wore an ill-fitting denim patchwork suit, carried a shopping bag and had an entire section of the club closed off where he sat all by himself. I never stuck around to hear his show though. As soon as we were done, I was out the back door.

JestersKiss Guest
    Jimi Hendrix , Nirvanna, and Original Fleetwood Mac

dray7austin Guest
    I left the Beatles out of my list and I don't know how. But I would have loved to see them in the later years when they didn't tour. It would have been awesome to have been on that rooftop mini concert they gave shortly before their breakup. I am not sure if anyone has gone to YouTube and seen the John Lennon "Mind Games" video, but I highly recommend it.

Mark Guest

What concert would you have loved to see

If we were able to go back into time, what concert would all you guys want to see?

Here is my list.

The Beatles in Wasington D.C. in 1964

The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl 1964

The Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1965

A Rolling Stone concert between 1964 1966 with Brian Jones as a member

Monterey Pop Festival in 1967

Pink Floyd with Syd Barrett

Woodstock 69

The Sex Pistols 1978 at Randy's Rodeo in San Antonio Tx.

Danny62 Guest
    Monterey Pop Festival in 1967

Woodstock 1969

crazedfemale Guest
    Monterey Jazz Festival in 1970 - they filmed scenes from "Play Misty for Me" at that concert.
    Last edited by crazedfemale; 05-02-2008 at 08:28 PM.

pvezz Guest
    No concert in particular, but I would love to have seen Queen with Freddy. That, and Frank Sinatra.

D.HagsHusband Guest
    Sublime, anywhere.

bluebear71 Guest
    Any G.G. Allin show.

Rage Against the Machine, baby! And the Ramones.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Monterey Jazz Festival in 1970 - they filmed scenes from "Play Misty for Me" at that concert.

One of my fave movies ever!

Rolling Stones...anytime, anywhere. Have seen them twice already. Would have loved to have been at Altamont.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

crazedfemale Guest
    "Play Misty for Me" is indeed a fave movie of mine...I love early Clint Eastwood directed movies (I like Breezy also) and I love the scenes they filmed at the jazz festival. Vintage early 1970's. It's great.

The other day on the radio in Dallas a guy made up a song regarding the polygamist group in Texas. He called it "Polygamisty" and it was to the tune of the song. I called up and said "play Polygamisty for me". He was old enough to remember the movie and he asked me if my name was Evelyn! LOL

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Wendy O'Williams and the Plasmatics

Chunga Guest

Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Me Too
    Saw Freddie 5 times. First time I saw him was at the Palace Theater or Music Hall in Cleveland, Ohio in the early 70's. Peter Frampton was the opening act way before his huge popularity with Frampton Come Alive! album. I remember walking down the aisle to our seats and Frampton was playing that mouth thing with his guitar. Tripped me out. Freddy was awesome every time I saw him. Strongest voice, best stage presence I have ever seen. He really seemed to enjoy himself.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    No questions asked..Hands down Layne Staley I will ALWAYS regret not seeing them when I could have and SHOULD have. It pisses me off actually
    I know how you feel,my sister and her friends went.I went on a stupid date instead.Can't remember what the losers name was.I was such an idiot.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    There are millions. Right off the top of my head, Freddy Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Lee Hazlewood, Mamas and the Papas, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Edith Piaf, Marlene Dietrich. Am I living during the wrong time or what

glitterbug Guest
    Billie Holiday, Elvis, Nico, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley and perhaps most of all Johnny Thunders.

ETA: Pavarotti and Mozart

I used to have wistful fantasies way before Layne died that I'd be able to hear him sing solo, sort of torch song type numbers in some smoky dive type setting. Sigh. What a voice.

SECOND EDIT! I can't believe I forgot to add Marc Bolan! Love T-Rex how could I forget?
    Last edited by glitterbug; 05-12-2008 at 09:35 PM.

Richard Arthur Jackman Guest
    Nirvana for sure, not a big fan of nurseries anymore.......Kurt Cobain
    T-Rex....Marc Bolan
    Last edited by Richard Arthur Jackman; 05-13-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Michael Hutchence (oh yeah) , Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Stevie Ray Vaughn.