Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dead musician you regret not seeing in concert

aedgar5000 Guest
    Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Brad Nowell, Kurt Cobain, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday

lump516 Guest
    I saw her in concert at Chautauqua, NY years ago. Showtunes aren't my thing, really, but she was a lot of fun.

Joplin, Hendrix & Jackson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Joplin, Hendrix & Jackson

Yes, Yes and Yes to the above three, plus Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jim Morrison/The Doors and Andy Gibb.

What I would give to be able to go into a way-back-in-time machine!

graciehillfarm Guest
    Dan Fogelberg,John Denver (saw him several times in concert but wish I could have seen him again), Frank Sinatra, even though I was a kid and he was from Mom's generation...I'd like to have seen him for Mom.

Still living but not around here very conveniently these days: Tom Jones. Also for Mom: ) Hubby and I went to see him one time when we were kids and he was kind of vulgar.

Wish I could have heard Janis Joplin in person.

lump516 Guest
    The Archies didn't exist; it was a bunch of studio musicians and singer/producer Ron Dante with his voice recorded several times over (although I vaguely remember female backing singers). Hope that doesn't shatter any childhood illusions.

deathhag Guest
    The Beatles, Patsy Cline, Nirvana, Sublime, Queen, Amy Winehouse.. this list could go on forever ha.

zaug1 Guest
    Brad Nowell

Michael Jackson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Jim Morrison..............

I would love to have had a chance to see Huddie Ledbetter play a twelve string in person. I can't wrap my head around some of the things he could do with a 12 string.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Jeff Buckley, so close yet so far

Wendy A. Guest
    Kurt Kobain and Nirvana, .... I don't believe they ever came anywhere close to here. and Layne Staley and AIC when they were in Louisville. I will forever kick myself in the ass for not going.

Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette and Janis Joplin

It would be so awesome to see Patsy live. My heart would melt.

Tigon Man Guest
    I don't think I've ever seen a dead musician on stage, Keith Moon slumped over his drum kit might have been interesting, although he would keep missing his cue i guess..

I was lucky enough to see NIRVANA, and meet kurt.
    I wish I could have seen joplin, hendrix, morrision.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a dead musician on stage, Keith Moon slumped over his drum kit might have been interesting, although he would keep missing his cue i guess..
    Heh!!!

Keith Moon was my pick. Although in video footage his form looks a little awkward, he obviously had zero trouble getting around the drum set - No matter how foul a mood I'm in, if "Who Are You" comes on the radio, his playing just blows me away and makes everything all right.

He also was probably funny as shit. When he wasn't being a complete jerk (from anecdotes that have circulated about him...obviously I wouldn't know)
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Crowded House WITH Paul Hester

Inkmaster68 Guest
    The Clash with Strummer without a doubt....

Inkmaster68 Guest
    I also failed to mention Brad Delp from Boston and Hank Williams Sr.

Michael Jackson.

Stevie Ray Vaughan

The Stones when Brian Jones was with them
    Bonham and Led Zeppelin
    AC/DC with Bon Scott
    Brad Delp and Boston
    Freddie and Queen
    Hendrix
    Patsy Cline
    The Pretenders with James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon
    - Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Inkmaster68 View Post
    The Clash with Strummer without a doubt....
    Fortunately I saw them open for The Who in `82 right after Combat Rock was released. Outstanding! Shame they split soon after.
    - Chris

pwem Guest
    The Beatles when they came to Vancouver in the 60's. Tickets were $5 and my mum said she would never pay an outrageous price like that. I never forgave her.

stephenmiller Guest
    Elvis and Liberace, of course. If I can go back in time to 1965-70, I can be able to see the Beatles, the Stones with Brian Jones, the Who with Moon and Entwistle, and also Led Zeppelin with Bonham.

Inkmaster68 Guest
    Nice! I had a chance to see him with the Mescalaros but ended up missing the show for some dumbass reason...

Arky67 Guest
    Judy, Frank, Sammy, Dean.

Mozart.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Michael Jackson
    Freddie Mercury
    Elvis Presley

bleck Guest
    Warren Zevon, Ian Curtis, Joe Strummer, The Ramones.

HelenLawson Guest
    Definitely the Ramones. Also Wendy O. Williams. I worshiped her when I was in my 20s in the 1980s. I was so pissed off when the Plasmatics toured with KISS and the night before they were to play in my town was their last night on the tour. We got Night Ranger to open... *fake smile* Would have loved to have seen Joe Strummer, too, such a sad, unexpected loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    Layne Staley (alice in chains)
    + 1.
    I also say Freddie Mercury.
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Raitt, ( I would love to see Bonnie and Clapton perform or do a CD together) Sir Elton, oh, must they be dead? Saw Elvis, weeks before he died, he was so bloated and so white, wish I could have seen him in his prime. Lennon, MJ, Patsy Cline, (that voice!) Ella Fitzgerald, the Rat Pack.

Freddie Mercury with Queen
    Patsy Cline
    Michael Jackson
    Hank Williams Sr
    Buddy Holly
    Apparently, I was born a couple of decades too early! lol

Baron von zeppelin Guest
    never got to see Led Zeppelin(my fave band) in concert and that is my biggest regret! saw page and plant in 1995,saw plant live 2 times,so that will have to do!

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    John Lennon! One of my all time faves, but died before I was born. I used to live two blocks from the Dakota and always hated walking past it. Just a creepy ass vibe there for me. He's still a hero in New York. Always tourists outside there starring in...

Amy Winehouse.

She was supposed to come to Edinburgh to do a gig but it was in the middle of her...let's say bad stage. I kept debating over it because there was no guarantee she would even turn up and decided against it in the end. It was cancelled anyway - her dad said she had the 'flu' but who knows.

I'd also love to have seen Roy Orbison just to hear that voice live but I was only nine when he died so it wasn't meant to be and it may sound weird but Jim Reeves. When I was little, my Nana and I would listen to all his recordings together (Everyone else refused saying he was dated) but it would have been nice to take her to see him.

41. 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
    Reason
    spam

I would have love to have seen Jim Morrison, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Karen Carpenter. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them at the moment.

Wish I could of seen Karen Carpenter in concert.
    (but not her brother Richard) because I think
    he is a big time jerk.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I would have loved to have seen the original line up of Lynyrd Skynyrd although it would have been a bit hard since I was born in the 80s. I know they are still touring (even though they were supposed to have retired) but as many have said they are more or less just a tribute band now and are nothing without Ronnie, Allen, Steve, Cassie and the others and after watching some of the old stuff on YouTube, I gotta agree.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I would have loved to have seen the original line up of Lynyrd Skynyrd although it would have been a bit hard since I was born in the 80s. I know they are still touring (even though they were supposed to have retired) but as many have said they are more or less just a tribute band now and are nothing without Ronnie, Allen, Steve, Cassie and the others and after watching some of the old stuff on YouTube, I gotta agree.
    I saw them live two or three weeks before the plane crash - it was a great concert.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Prince. From around this time period.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Janis would have been a blast as would so many of her time. I would love to have seen Pavarotti in his prime and although not a fan of opera, his voice was so pure & sublime. Definitely the Beatles, even if you couldn't hear a word over the screaming. Just to say you were there. I own a very, very small piece of a brick from the Cavern Club before it was torn down.
    I had the chance to see Elvis when I was young in Vegas with my father, but being young I didn't want to go. He died less than a year later. If only I'd had a crystal ball!
    There's something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I could still hear in the 80s and wish I had gone to one of their concerts. The only one I ever went to was Jerry Lee Lewis, when he performed at the high school gym in my hometown. My aunt, her friend, and I were as close to him as we could get without sitting in his lap. The friend screamed "JERRY!" And Jerry looked me right in the eye. I was so embarrassed I wanted to crawl in the nearest hole.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-28-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I would also like to add Freddie Mercury.

So wish I would have went to see Tom Petty on his last tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    So wish I would have went to see Tom Petty on his last tour.
    My mom used to hang out with his sister and they would sit in the garage at the Petty house and watch and listen to Tom and the Band practice before they got famous of course.