Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Hag Books

Jaxxx Guest
    Thank you, nice to know, I will buy it.

I have it also - make sure you get the second edition, since it's updated with new stuff.

I did see an autographed edition on Amazon - just in case anyone was interested in that!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Just got this book today and it's excellent. There is nothing worse than buying a book about celebrity gravesites only to find the dreaded "Buried in: CALIFORNIA" Well, shit that narrows it down somewhat. Fucker.

Nope, TTT not only brings the good bio, it gives directions to the actual graves. None of this "buried in Honk Cemetery", no no, he tells you "drive in take a left when you get to the tall red monument marked Fuzzbutt, he is buried two rows behind it" The only other book I've seen this in is Where Are They Buried so I am glad to see it here. It's more a guidebook than a dry read like oh, say...Final Curtain.

I was planning on visiting the grave of Johnny Copeland next weekend and wasn't looking forward to wandering around hoping to find him. TTT told me exactly where he is. In, found, and out, just the way I like it.

BUY THIS BOOK*

Like, right here. Or elsewhere, just get it. But preferably here.
    http://astore.amazon.com/thesevcir-2...208058-3558330

*not getting paid for this endorsement
    Thanks for the scoop, Screwtape! I wanna be buried behind a tall red monument marked Fuzzbutt too!!!! LOL

magblax Guest
    "Signed Mata Hari" By: Yannick Murphy

"In the cold October of 1917 Margaretha Zelle, better known as Mata Hari, sits in a prison cell in Paris awaiting trial on charges of espionage. The penalty is death by firing squad. As she waits, burdened by a secret guilt, Mata Hari tells stories, Scheherazade-like, to buy back her life from her interrogators. "

CHUCK NORRIS Guest

Death Hag Books

This is available thru amazon!

Chuck

Okay, yawn...what's the deal with Chuck Norris on FAD?

Come on, I mean - who really gives a shit about Chuck Norris??

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

Chuck cares about Chuck. Chuck just endorsed a candidate too

Danny62 Guest

Where have you been all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Where have you been all day?
    On all the other threads that don't have "Chuck"!

CHUCK NORRIS Guest

Another Texan! Welcome!

Chuck.

ComputerGuy Guest

But just like many things and peoples.... You need to learn to read and understand. A book by any cover?

Right now I'm reading "Loving John" by May Pang - all about her love affair with John Lennon during his "lost weekend" in LA.

Pretty good stuff!
    Last edited by Aries65; 01-20-2008 at 05:46 AM.

DeadRinger Guest
    Right now I'm reading "Loving John" by May Pang - all about her love affair with John Lennon during his "lost summer" in LA.

Pretty good stuff!
    I've got to get a copy of that book! I just read Cynthia Lennon's book on John, found it a little self serving, TBH, would love to hear what May has to say!

I'm reading yet another Ann Rule book - I just finished Green River, Running Red and have just started Every Breath You Take.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm reading the Valerie Plame book right now. Unless she kills someone as an undercover CIA operative between page 50 and the end of the book, I guess it doesn't qualify as a death hag book, but I'll keep you posted, although they have redacted out so much of it so far, she might have killed at this point in the book, and I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    I've got to get a copy of that book! I just read Cynthia Lennon's book on John, found it a little self serving, TBH, would love to hear what May has to say!
    May is pretty good (I'm about half-way thru now). Yoko was a major pain in the ass thru-out it all. She let the affair happen - but wanted to be in control of it the whole way!

hoxharding Guest
    Anne Rule has a daughter named Leslie-she has written at least one book about ghosts. Turns out Anne and Leslie have lived in haunted houses.

onehunglow Guest

Any Clive Cussler Fans?

Read "Raise the Titanic" and have been hooked ever since. Loved it when he pushed the old bag down the elevator shaft.

Kathyf Guest
    LOL My son calls me old Bag . Don't think I read this one.

Blondin Guest
    I love his books. I wasn't too crazy about him bringing Dirk's twin kids in, though.

onehunglow Guest

Me either

Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    I love his books. I wasn't too crazy about him bringing Dirk's twin kids in, though.
    Night Probe and Sahara were my picks. What they did to his books with both of those films. I think a Young Tom Selleck would have made a great Pitt. I agree the twins was just out there. I hate to say it but I wish Dirk would just exit with pride. His son has shown there is only one Clive.

Blondin Guest
    I loved the book Sahara but I won't watch the movie. Please explain to me how Steve Zahn is a stocky Italian. Plus they got rid of the whole Abraham Lincoln subplot.

onehunglow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    I loved the book Sahara but I won't watch the movie. Please explain to me how Steve Zahn is a stocky Italian. Plus they got rid of the whole Abraham Lincoln subplot.
    I never saw it after I heard who they cast. Clive also won his lawsuit over it. The Lincoln part was the book. Go figure.......

I have loved all the Dirk Pitt books. I am not crazy about the kids being introduced though. Sarhara, I would have to agree, is one of my favorite books of his. The movie was so disappointing. If it wasn't 'based' on the book, it could have been okay.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

onehunglow Guest
    I think after Sahara it was all down hill. Vixen 03 was great. When he killed Foss Gly, and started putting himself in the books they just went dull for me. Deep Six seemed like a mid point. Then when the Austin gig.......I never finsihed them.

Has anyone read his new book?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

I like Cusslers older books. As of late I've lost interest. Pretty much the same with Tom Clancy's fiction.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RoRo Guest
    I like his books!!
    I usually hate movies based on books if I read the book first...they are never as good as my imagination!!

onehunglow Guest
    If they had cast the movies right and stuck to the book they would have been great. RTT was enough for me. I though Sahara was going to do it right. I will never watch it.

Danny62 Guest

Chuck Norris: "Truth" book is a lie

http://www6.comcast.net/entertainmen....Chuck.Norris/

Anyone read this? Doesn't really say whats in the book?

Jaxxx Guest
    Doesn't sound good though, like something to hide. People aren't happy unless they're bashing someone.

Kathyf Guest
    I just saw on the news he wants the book taken off shelves and recalled. if i had it I would not send it back.

Blondin Guest
    From what I heard on the news it is like the things that were being posted here: "Chuck Norris can impregnate a woman with a look - or a man". If this is all it is I would think it would be protected as a parody of his image. He does it himself on the Mountain Dew commercial.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Chuck will be OK....he has super human " Chuck Powers " that make him imperivous to us mere mortals.....

deathybrad Guest
    I'm really losing my taste for Chuck. There really isn't anything to him, he's a John Wayne caliber actor (I mean that in a bad way). I think the boat started sinking when he did the commercial with Huckabee, Chuck isn't one of those characters that tastes good with a political candy shell (regardless of my politics).

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I'm really losing my taste for Chuck. There really isn't anything to him, he's a John Wayne caliber actor (I mean that in a bad way). I think the boat started sinking when he did the commercial with Huckabee, Chuck isn't one of those characters that tastes good with a political candy shell (regardless of my politics).
    I have never cared for his movies, or television work. I just hope he does'nt find out about this thread and kill us all while we sleep!!

mike Guest
    I saw Chuck on a sports show on youtube reading some of those jokes and at the time he laughed along with them.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I saw Chuck on a sports show on youtube reading some of those jokes and at the time he laughed along with them.
    I thought the book was Chuck jokes at first. Apparently its about some truths that Chuck supposedly tried to cover up about his life!

I don't know what because like I say I haven't read it.

I wondered why someone would have published a Chuck Joke book when you can get them all on the Internet for free!!

So if anyone has read this please share some supposed dirt on Chuck please!!

bblvnvelphy Guest

Is there one book that has ever helped you understand death?

I was reading the Sesame Street deaths thread, and there was a link (http://www.popcultureaddict.com/tele...mecemetary.htm) and it talked about a book they wrote about Mr. Hoopers death, that is helped kids cope with it and understand it.

Well this brought up a question, has there ever been a book that has explained death or pretty much just helped you cope with a death in your life?.....im not sure where im going with this but im going to add a book that i just red a few years ago called "A Story for Hippo". Yes, it's a children's book lol.

It's about a Hippo and a monkey who are best friends, and Hippo is dying, and when she does die, a chameleon helps monkey understand why everything happens.

Kathyf Guest
    Talking to Heaven by James Von Prague

seamuskaxen Guest
    I havn´t read a book about the subject death and the afterlife, but Alain de Bottons book The Consolations of Philosophy has really helped me in my life.
    Tuesdays with Morrie is Also a great book.

bblvnvelphy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seamuskaxen View Post
    I havn´t read a book about the subject death and the afterlife, but Alain de Bottons book The Consolations of Philosophy has really helped me in my life.
    Tuesdays with Morrie is Also a great book.

Tuesdays with Morrie was fantastical (sorry for my made up word lol)
    it mad me sob

Kathyf Guest
    [quote=bblvnvelphy;112659]Tuesdays with Morrie was fantastical (sorry for my made up word lol)
    it mad me sob[/quote
    I love all Mitch Albom's books did you guys read One more day?

bblvnvelphy Guest
    i have yet to read that one..the only reason i read Tuesday with Morrie was because my drama teacher introduced em to the book and had us watch the movie in class..

i have to check that one out after im done with my research project =)

bblvnvelphy Guest
    by the way ms. kathy...i love your signature picture =)

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bblvnvelphy View Post
    by the way ms. kathy...i love your signature picture =)
    like the pickle too. They just made a movie that aired right before x-mas it was so good. My son met Mitch and he autographed The five people You Meet in Heaven for me.

leevancleef Guest
    The one thing that has made me really understand dead, what it means, and what is all about, is this place. Findadeath changed my life in that sense. The way that Scott tells the stories....i dont know how to express it in words.

bluebear71 Guest
    A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis, I read it years ago and found it very helpful when I lost someone dear to me.

Zap Comics.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Zap Comics.
    I love R Crumb. There was a great documentary about him, obviously enough entitled "Crumb" that came out in 93 or 94 I think.

It helps to be in the right "frame of mind" when reading Zap.

Sister Mary Jane Knows Best!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	natural60.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	2645