Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judith Barsi

star82 Guest

Judith Barsi

What about Judith Barsi? She was a child star who was in "All Dogs go to Heaven" and "A Land Before Time". She was Ducky.

She was murdered by her Dad when she was only 10 years old.

this is where it happened in Canoga Park. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/P2240287.jpg

jcheeka Guest
    I went to see her grave when I was in california a few years ago. She has a nice marker and she is in a pretty area of the cemetery

star82 Guest
    She & her mother were left unmarked for 16 years. Her fan club raised the money for & paid for the head stone. I was at the cemetery a few months ago, but the employees were really rude. They wouldn't give me a map. I know she is buried in the 'sheltering hills' section. I looked for like an hour, but couldn't find the grave.
    Last edited by star82; 10-07-2007 at 05:52 PM.

kelbons Guest
    Such a sad, sad story that I had no idea about until I read this thread!

leppchic Guest
    Yes I remember that. So tragic.....Poor thing. It is a nice to know they finally have grave markers. They deserve at least that after what they went through....

erin Guest
    That was a story that nearly made me cry. I hate the thought of anyone hurting a child. I have 2 daughters about that age, and it really hit me.

I have 1 daughter and 3 boys with a 4th on the way. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would hurt a child. As a parent it is our job to protect them. To hurt a child is bad but to have a parent kill thier own child is just evil.

Jack Raines Guest
    Here's a news story about Judith's murder, with footage from her funeral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0mf_4pqpkg

According to that video, Judith and her mother were dead for 2 days before her dad killed himself.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-09-2007 at 03:16 AM.

erin Guest
    Wow, what screwed up parents that poor little girl had.

WendyK Guest
    I remember her the the Jaws movie.She and I are about the same age.That is so sad when somebody takes a childs life especially their own parent(s) doing it. I have 3 daughters and could never imagine hurting a hair on their little heads.So sickening.

Daphne Guest
    This is by far one of the saddest stories I have read on FAD.. She was just a baby and this father burns her and her mother, than shoots himself. As a mother of two daughters, these are the types of stories that spear me in the heart.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Here's a news story about Judith's murder, with footage from her funeral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0mf_4pqpkg

According to that video, Judith and her mother were dead for 2 days before her dad killed himself.
    wow, thanx for the link, soooooo sad!~

daisymom73 Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post

I think that's Traci Gold's(Carol Seever) voice giving the eulogy in the beginning of this video, isn't it? I know Judith played a young Carol in a Growing Pains episode......somebody else go listen!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daisymom73 View Post
    I think that's Traci Gold's(Carol Seever) voice giving the eulogy in the beginning of this video, isn't it? I know Judith played a young Carol in a Growing Pains episode......somebody else go listen!
    i think you're right~

mommafreak Guest
    wow, i just re-read that on Scott's directory. so sad. why? why hurt a child?

Jazbabee Guest
    Totally horrific and senseless

RoRo Guest
    Such a sad sad case....she was such a precious child...adorable in Jaws the revenge

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Another death by *DRUGS* shame

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisafataldisease View Post
    Another death by *DRUGS* shame
    her dad shot her in the head along w/ her mother~
    can't believe it has been almost 20 yrs~

UGHHHHH Guest
    The LA Times Article on her death.

Three Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide
    Los Angeles, Calif.: Jul 28, 1988. pg. 1

(Copyright, The Times Mirror Company; Los Angeles Times 1988all Rights reserved)
    A child actress whose credits included the film "Jaws IV: The Revenge" was believed to have died with her mother Wednesday in an apparent murder-suicide initiated by her father, who set fire to the family's San Fernando Valley home before taking his own life, authorities said.
    The bodies were found in the heavily damaged West Hills home of Jozsef and Maria Barsi, whose only child, Judith, 11, had also appeared in numerous television shows and about 50 commercials, officials said.
    The coroner's office said the dead man was Jozsef Barsi, 55. But officials withheld the names of the woman and child pending notification of relatives.
    Investigators said Jozsef Barsi, a plumber, apparently shot and killed his 48-year-old wife and his daughter in the house, doused their bodies with gasoline and set them on fire before going to the garage and shooting himself in the head with a .32-caliber pistol.
    The fire destroyed the interior of the house, in the 22100 block of Michale Street.
    The child's body was found in her bed and the woman's in a hallway, Police Lt. Warren Knowles said. Both had been shot once in the head.
    "It appears a flammable liquid was poured on the child, or on the child's bed," Knowles said. "It looks to me as if the male found in the garage caused the death of the other adult and child and then apparently killed himself."
    Police said the pistol was found in the father's hand and a gas can lay about 4 feet from his body.
    Judith Barsi made her film debut in 1987 in "Jaws IV: The Revenge," in which she played the role of Thea. Her television appearances included roles in "St. Elsewhere," "Cagney and Lacey" and "Growing Pains," said Bonnie Gold, a spokeswoman for a Studio City acting agency that managed her career.
    "She was very successful, with every door open to her," Gold said. "There's no telling how far she would have gone."
    Next-door neighbor Eunice Daly said Maria Barsi told her on Friday that her husband became abusive and threatening when he drank. Daly said the woman told her she was thinking about filing for divorce and moving to an apartment she was using as a daytime refuge.
    Daly said she had encouraged Maria several times to move out. But she said the woman would reply that she had worked too hard helping her daughter's acting career to give up her family and home. On Friday, Daly said, there appeared to be a more pressing reason not to leave.
    "She said, `I can't, because he'll come after us and kill us, and he's threatened to burn the house down,' " Daly said.
    Maria Barsi also said she planned to cash her daughter's $12,000 federal tax refund check that day, before her husband could get it, Daly said.
    About 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Daly was watering her garden when she heard a loud bang next door.
    "I heard an explosion and I saw smoke rising from the house," Daly said. "My first thought, as I ran in to call 911, was, `He's done it. He's killed them and set a fire in the house, just like he said he would.' "
    Another neighbor, Michael Cutt, said he took Daly's garden hose and opened a rear sliding door, but could not get through the smoke to fight the flames.
    Judith Barsi's busy acting schedule allowed her little time for friendships and regular school attendance, said Lisa Williams, 10, one of her former classmates at Nevada Avenue Elementary School. Lisa said the young actress "missed being in school, because she missed her friends a lot."
    `So Polite'
    Judith often came over to swim in their pool, said Lisa's mother, Linda Williams.
    "Her mother had taught her to be so polite," Williams said.
    "The child was not allowed to go anywhere, very few places alone," the neighbor added.
    "She was adorable . . . quite precocious, blonde and blue-eyed," Adrienne Conway, a former neighbor, said of the young actress. "I can't believe (the father) would do this."

RubySlippers Guest
    BASTARD.

Quote Originally Posted by UGHHHHH View Post
    The LA Times Article on her death.

Three Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide
    Los Angeles, Calif.: Jul 28, 1988. pg. 1

(Copyright, The Times Mirror Company; Los Angeles Times 1988all Rights reserved)
    A child actress whose credits included the film "Jaws IV: The Revenge" was believed to have died with her mother Wednesday in an apparent murder-suicide initiated by her father, who set fire to the family's San Fernando Valley home before taking his own life, authorities said.
    The bodies were found in the heavily damaged West Hills home of Jozsef and Maria Barsi, whose only child, Judith, 11, had also appeared in numerous television shows and about 50 commercials, officials said.
    The coroner's office said the dead man was Jozsef Barsi, 55. But officials withheld the names of the woman and child pending notification of relatives.
    Investigators said Jozsef Barsi, a plumber, apparently shot and killed his 48-year-old wife and his daughter in the house, doused their bodies with gasoline and set them on fire before going to the garage and shooting himself in the head with a .32-caliber pistol.
    The fire destroyed the interior of the house, in the 22100 block of Michale Street.
    The child's body was found in her bed and the woman's in a hallway, Police Lt. Warren Knowles said. Both had been shot once in the head.
    "It appears a flammable liquid was poured on the child, or on the child's bed," Knowles said. "It looks to me as if the male found in the garage caused the death of the other adult and child and then apparently killed himself."
    Police said the pistol was found in the father's hand and a gas can lay about 4 feet from his body.
    Judith Barsi made her film debut in 1987 in "Jaws IV: The Revenge," in which she played the role of Thea. Her television appearances included roles in "St. Elsewhere," "Cagney and Lacey" and "Growing Pains," said Bonnie Gold, a spokeswoman for a Studio City acting agency that managed her career.
    "She was very successful, with every door open to her," Gold said. "There's no telling how far she would have gone."
    Next-door neighbor Eunice Daly said Maria Barsi told her on Friday that her husband became abusive and threatening when he drank. Daly said the woman told her she was thinking about filing for divorce and moving to an apartment she was using as a daytime refuge.
    Daly said she had encouraged Maria several times to move out. But she said the woman would reply that she had worked too hard helping her daughter's acting career to give up her family and home. On Friday, Daly said, there appeared to be a more pressing reason not to leave.
    "She said, `I can't, because he'll come after us and kill us, and he's threatened to burn the house down,' " Daly said.
    Maria Barsi also said she planned to cash her daughter's $12,000 federal tax refund check that day, before her husband could get it, Daly said.
    About 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Daly was watering her garden when she heard a loud bang next door.
    "I heard an explosion and I saw smoke rising from the house," Daly said. "My first thought, as I ran in to call 911, was, `He's done it. He's killed them and set a fire in the house, just like he said he would.' "
    Another neighbor, Michael Cutt, said he took Daly's garden hose and opened a rear sliding door, but could not get through the smoke to fight the flames.
    Judith Barsi's busy acting schedule allowed her little time for friendships and regular school attendance, said Lisa Williams, 10, one of her former classmates at Nevada Avenue Elementary School. Lisa said the young actress "missed being in school, because she missed her friends a lot."
    `So Polite'
    Judith often came over to swim in their pool, said Lisa's mother, Linda Williams.
    "Her mother had taught her to be so polite," Williams said.
    "The child was not allowed to go anywhere, very few places alone," the neighbor added.
    "She was adorable . . . quite precocious, blonde and blue-eyed," Adrienne Conway, a former neighbor, said of the young actress. "I can't believe (the father) would do this."

qulevergrrl Guest
    I think she gets left out of most of the E countdowns. Maybe now that Scott is in with the "INS" he can remind them of her and her tragic story.

Kathyf Guest
    This is a very sad story. It seems a lot of the child actor has one parent that was a problem or they did not have a great life.

What a wonderful gesture that so many people came together so long after their deaths and bought gravemarkers for her and her mother. It's great that they were not forgotten.

motherogod Guest
    So damned many steps to his violence... and on the one night! Imagine if his history of domestic violence was chronicled. Bastard. So, others have referred to having seen Judith's death photos, but I have not... thank goodness! Anyway, where are they? Something about seeing a bullethole in her head? Ugh.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    why couldn't he just off himself and leave everyone else alone.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    Because bullying self centered intimidating pigs operate like this.....such a damned shame

RaRaRamona Guest
    Wasn't it obvious though that he was abusing them? He was very controlling. Why don't people pick up the phone?

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Wasn't it obvious though that he was abusing them? He was very controlling. Why don't people pick up the phone?

O.k., so I'm the Queen of telling my stories that somehow relate to whatever thread I'm in...

Here I am again...

In the 80s, things were just starting to change. My sister's teacher actually called my mother and told her to stop punching us or she would report her. A warning first! From a teacher?! WTF. All that did was change the places we were punched. This is the same climate that surrounded Judith.

A true little angel.

Just seen the episode of cheers she was in
    it's all very sad.

Daphne Guest
    This is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of.. Scott has a great write up of Judith on FAD, and I personally have stated in many threads this was one of the most horrific and sad deaths I have ever heard of.. if you have not checked out Scott's writeup - its worth it to read it.

leevancleef Guest
    yes, Judith's death is by far one of the saddest ive ever heard off.
    it upsets me that NOBODY could get her out of that hell before it was too late...

ELVISILLA Guest

Unhappy Child Actress Judith Barsi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1nDn3TohfY

The year was 1988.

Child Actress Judith Barsi was shot in the head while she slept in bed by her insane father. She was only 10 years old.

He then shot his sleeping wife, while she lay in bed too. And doused the two bodies in gasoline, lit them on fire.....the house caught fire....and the monster went to the garage and turned his gun on himself.

Comments??

JestersKiss Guest
    http://judithbarsi.dc-lundberg.net/

heres a memorial site

Jazbabee Guest
    There is a big Judith Barsi thread somewhere already....will see if I can bump, and maybe Mods can merge

Jazbabee Guest
    ~bump~

maybe Mods can merge with the new Judith Barsi thread

djdeath-hag Guest
    Consider it done, this is one of the things that we're here for!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Consider it done, this is one of the things that we're here for!

Thanks, you Mods are the bestest !!

cherryghost Guest
    Great example of child exploition and neglect from every angle!
    From the Father, mother, parents, studio, manager, directors, producers, childcare workers,teachers, neighbours anyone who knew what was going on and it seems a lot of people knew there was a problem! But people get scared ! Sad enough but the results of not acting are far scarier as in this case!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    What a wonderful gesture that so many people came together so long after their deaths and bought gravemarkers for her and her mother. It's great that they were not forgotten.
    These people may have been able to do something in their lifetimes?

Its easy to judge but if only they had come together before hand they would not perhaps been hesitant to act on this bully!

Chevyheaven Guest
    I dont remember her on any of those shows but I do remember her voice in All dogs go to heaven. Thats a shame. Look at the cute little face reminds of my 1 year old. Very sad!

Catwoman Guest

Poor child and Mom,

the 20 year anniversary of their deaths is coming up, July 25 1988, RIP.

I've always felt extremely bad about this because I loved her as Ducky in The Land before time and she was only about 2 weeks older than me. So sad thinking that she would have been 30 on Friday and wondering what she would have been up to.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    I saw "Slamdance" the other day...(nothing else on). She was in that movie, she played Bean. Such a beautiful little soul. So sad.

Dylgem22 Guest
    I actually caught Jaws the Revenge on TV this weekend .. she was a doll!! Just thinking she was only 10 when she was murdered .. she would be 30 now! She was born just a few months after I was .. such a tragic story!

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post

I ask this so many times when I read different things. What a shame that people can't do that. I really felt bad when I read Judith's story.

Her television appearances included roles in "St. Elsewhere," "Cagney and Lacey" and "Growing Pains," said Bonnie Gold, a spokeswoman for a Studio City acting agency that managed her career.
    Isn't this Tracey Gold's mom? Maybe that's how she got the job as young Carol Seaver, and why TG spoke at her funeral?

JestersKiss Guest

ksol Guest
    I lOve Duckie, I didn't know she was the voice behind it. It just made me sad all over again

misstrishm Guest
    I just saw All dogs go to heaven and I just teared up to think the voice of that little girl was forever silenced by someone she trusted is just tragic. She really was a sweet little girl with the voice of an angel.