Thread: Harvey Family Murders and The Richmond Spree

octobersky Guest

Harvey Family Murders and The Richmond Spree

These murders rocked the city of Richmond. The brutality of them was unimaginable. Richmond was once the most dangerous city in the US - however these types of murders are very very uncommon here.

The mom of the Harvey family, Kathryn, who was murdered owned a very popular toy store here called World of Mirth. Her half brother was Steven Culp (Bree's first husband on Desp. Housewives). The father, Bryan was a very popular local musician. Their two young daughters were also killed.

During this spree killing there were several other horrible murders. Including the wife of one of the killers in PA. Two attacks in northern Virginia, one of which was fatal. And the family of one of the killers former and one of the killers current girlfriend, including the girlfriend, were found dead. It turns out that the girlfriend had helped during the Harvey murders and perhaps they killed her and her family to keep them quiet.

The killers have both been sentenced to death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_family_murder

OMG.... How can people be like this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    I had never heard of this one.... and like Miho said.. How can people do these kind of things? It makes no sense.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    OMG.... How can people be like this..
    It makes me sick. Those poor girls and their families. This crime really shocked the city.
    We were all so glad they caught the killers quickly.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I had never heard of this one.... and like Miho said.. How can people do these kind of things? It makes no sense.
    These men had no remorse.

I remember this - they caught these guys in Philly. Lowlife. See how long it takes for them to get their death sentences carried out. Too long, I'm sure.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I remember this - they caught these guys in Philly. Lowlife. See how long it takes for them to get their death sentences carried out. Too long, I'm sure.
    Probably too long. They were beyond lowlifes. And they still don't care about what they did.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Gray got the death penalty... Dandridge got life without parole for changing his plea for the Harvey and Tucker-Baskerville murders.

What did Dandridge get for Gray's murder? Or did the life without parole apply to that charge as well.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Gray got the death penalty... Dandridge got life without parole for changing his plea for the Harvey and Tucker-Baskerville murders.

What did Dandridge get for Gray's murder? Or did the life without parole apply to that charge as well.
    You know I don't know. He would have been tried in PA. Maybe PA decided not to try because of his sentence here in VA?

I thought it was interesting that they tried Gray for the Harvey murders and Dandridge for the Tucker-Baskerville ones. But they didn't get tried for the opposite crimes. If that makes sense.

This happened in my hometown. My sister went to school with Ashley Baskerville. I listened to Bryan's music all he did. And also visited World of Mirth (they had the neatest commercials). And This whole thing messed my head up. And if you want further info albeit poetic licensed watch Deadly Attractions: evil in the blood" featured on ID. This messed my whole city up. RIP to the Harvey family and the Baskerville-Tuckers whose daughter didn't truly know the men she slept with.
    I hated how they treated Johnny Holt. I wonder if they ever truly apologized to him.
    Not sure who posted this misconception but Ashley Baskerville did NOT participate in the Harvey family murders.
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-16-2020 at 09:07 AM.