Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonderland Murders

hoxharding Guest

wonderland

Wonderland bored me despite good acting. I love the music though-I have watched it more than once just because of the music.
    Autofocus bored me also but not as much as Wonderland.

Kathyf Guest
    Wonderland was much more exciting but I did enjoy both.

Ms. K Guest
    I thought Auto Focus SUCKED.

Just not a very exciting movie in the slightest, and I chalk it up to two hours of my life I will never, ever get back.

Wonderland, on the other hand, I have on DVD. The 2 disc DVD, with Wadd on the other disc. I liked Wonderland, but at the same time, it really pissed me off, because John Holmes was such a goddamn liar, and he knew exactly what had happened, but refused to talk because he was a chickenshit asshole.

Even if John had ever talked, I don't think anyone would have totally believed him, because he was always a lying piece of shit.

deathybrad Guest
    Heres my opinion: I've never seen Wonderland.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Wonderland was better, and more interesting. Autofocus was agonizingly slow, and a major misstep for one of my favorite actors, Greg Kinnear.

Both films were about major sleazebags, however, and when there's absolutely no one to like or root for in a movie, it gets old, fast.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Wonderland was better, and more interesting. Autofocus was agonizingly slow, and a major misstep for one of my favorite actors, Greg Kinnear.

Both films were about major sleazebags, however, and when there's absolutely no one to like or root for in a movie, it gets old, fast.
    Please don't underline anything that you don't intend to hyperlink.

I thought Wonderland was interesting (love Val Kilmer too). I've never seen AutoFocus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    I thought Auto Focus SUCKED.

Just not a very exciting movie in the slightest, and I chalk it up to two hours of my life I will never, ever get back.

Wonderland, on the other hand, I have on DVD. The 2 disc DVD, with Wadd on the other disc. I liked Wonderland, but at the same time, it really pissed me off, because John Holmes was such a goddamn liar, and he knew exactly what had happened, but refused to talk because he was a chickenshit asshole.

Even if John had ever talked, I don't think anyone would have totally believed him, because he was always a lying piece of shit.
    I saw Wonderland last night. It's interesting how they inter-wove everyone's story into one. I tend to believe that John was there and participated in the murders - based on the handprint they found on the bed post, and also based on his ex-wife Sharon's story about him coming to her house covered in blood.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Please don't underline anything that you don't intend to hyperlink.
    ???

Scout987a Guest

Autofocus

I have only seen Autofocus. It was okay, I guess. The ending was confusing--were Crane and the other guy planning to "do it" and then Crane decided against it? Is that why the other guy most likely killed him? I wasn't sure. It seemed that, near the end of the movie, Crane was almost like a junkie or something. He really seemed like a mess, but the movie never said if it was drugs or alcohol?

I felt like I needed a shower after the movie was over!

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    peter griffin, i hardly knew ye!!!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I loved the use of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind" at the end. Seemed so poignant for such a sad/sleezy movie.
    Me too!

lisalouver Guest
    Dawn Schiller is writing a book, or has finished, although her website does not say when it is coming out and people keep asking.

The Wonderland Murders really were the result of Eddie Nash. I know Holmes was there due to his bloody palmprint, but who here thinks he swung the pipe himself? (and I don't mean his dick)

I have read a lot about Wonderland and I wonder if he did any of it or they just made him stand there and watch.

The movie was just fab. Val Kilmer (as usual) was excellent.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I loved the use of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind" at the end. Seemed so poignant for such a sad/sleezy movie.

Ya'll kow that Kathy (the one that gave JOhn Belushi his last shot) was once Gordons girlfriend? He had an interview after she got in all the trouble and kind of stuck up for her and trashed her at the same time.

knothere Guest
    gord lightfoots brother tot me business management n i got the paper to prove it

anyways ive never seen the wad but judging by his face it woodnt matter wat he had between his legs lol

Jazbabee Guest
    I have looked, but can't find any nude pics of John Holmes......can anybody help me out here ??

susalu Guest
    i was compelled for scientific reasons to find some photos of john's cockle.... it's not hard to find... and they are free to view... google john holmes penis size ... or something similar... just be prepared for spams and weird pop ups...

it was an amazing penis -- you gotta admit!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I just saw the movie (For the 7-8 time, I love Val Kilmer...) And I have to ask...

Where is Eddie Nash now ? And his bodyguard ?
    I also saw Boogie Nights, so I figured Dirk Diggler is supposed to be John. I have never seen a John Holmes movie. Is the rumor true ? Does he put Milton Berle to shame ?

Gregory DeWitt Diles Nash's bodyguard died in 1995

I visited the house yesterday, you can see an interior shot on my myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/findadeath

The last time I saw a picture of Val Kilmer, he was no longer lean and mean like in The Doors. Rather, he looked pretty bloated and gross.

I always heard he was something of a loony, maybe it's catching up with him.

John Holmes was gross but I think Ron Jeremy is grosser. What a troll.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I visited the house yesterday, you can see an interior shot on my myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/findadeath

Scott I hope you took alot of pics. You are so damn lucky! Did you get a creepy vibe in there?

lisalouver Guest
    Great pic. The floors look great!

The doors are exactly the same.

How cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Did you get a creepy vibe in there?

I was mostly nervous about getting OUT quickly, but when I layed down to match a crime scene pic of a victim, I did get a pretty serious creepy feeling.

Scott Thorson

Wasn't he there buying drugs when the murders happened? I remember reading it somewhere.

miz rosebud Guest
    I went wandering up wondeland drive one night. WE blew out our roll pan on the steep ass streets.right up the street is the paul burns sucide site. both houses have a creepy feel .and those streets are a trip to get up there.

Auntie Vi Guest

knothere Guest
    at the end of boogie nights johnnys pullin his wad for a shoot n then u just see a crotch area of some one standing in the mirror with a huge wanger i was wondering was it a pic of johm homes

and i duno if he put milton berl to shame never seen him lol

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    at the end of boogie nights johnnys pullin his wad for a shoot n then u just see a crotch area of some one standing in the mirror with a huge wanger i was wondering was it a pic of johm homes

and i duno if he put milton berl to shame never seen him lol
    That was Mark Wahlberg with a fake dick he pulled out at the end of the movie.

jojax Guest
    Around the time the movie Boogie Nights came out Mark Wahlberg was on one of the night time talks shows and said it was not his and it was a fake.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jojax View Post
    Around the time the movie Boogie Nights came out Mark Wahlberg was on one of the night time talks shows and said it was not his and it was a fake.
    Yup, he did. I believe it was on Letterman.

lisalouver Guest
    I was mostly nervous about getting OUT quickly, but when I layed down to match a crime scene pic of a victim, I did get a pretty serious creepy feeling.
    Scott, was this asked before, who owns the house/lives in it?

It looked empty?

You don't have to mention actual names of course (although that would be public info) but do the owners have a hard time living there/renting it out?

Quote Originally Posted by jojax View Post
    And actually, "Boogie Nights" was NOT about John Holmes. I just watched it again over the weekend, and in one part of the movie, Mark's character, Dirk Diggler, talks about John Holmes in one scene of the movie, when he steals his idea as that private investigater role. (the scene in the van when they are talking about it)

ozzysmom Guest
    Finally saw the movie Wonderland last night, and all I can say is WOW. I never really understood the story before but the movie cleared that up. Personally, I don't really have and opinion as to whether or not John Holmes was physically involved but without John Holmes in the mix I don't think the murders would have ever taken place. It was just a very very sad story from beginning to end.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Can Anyone tell me what Every happened to the lone survivor? Susan? Does anyone know if Sharon Holmes is still alive? I saw pictures of her when the movie came out and it looked like she was suffering from Cancer.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Sharon is alive and a cancer survivor and now lives with Dawn
    Dawn's blog:
    http://www.dawn-schiller.com/

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I have been fascinated by this case for years. The movie site forum had a wealth of info but eventually was shut down.

Auntie Vi Guest
    The message board at IMDB for this movie has a lot of the members from that old board.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I read Dawn's Blog and the thread she started about Sharon living with her is an old one. I was hoping someone would have an update on her... Also the lone survivor Susan Lannius whatever happened to her? The Victimes Where are they buried does anyone know?

I'm also been fascinated with this case. I just recently got the dvd. I saw the movie for the first time in 2005 and watched it again the other day when I was home sick from work...

John Holmes was a sociopath and I believe he did take a pipe to Ron Lannius' head because it has been said that Ron used to humiliate John in front of others. I think the whole thing where he told Nash who broke into his home was to manipulate Nash and his henchmen to kill those people. I remember Sharon's account when John came to her house that night covered in blood he looked at her and said "they were trash"

knothere Guest
    wow man scotts a brave fella
    i just watched the clip creepasourisrexaholik

ShellBell Guest
    My God! Scott!! This was utterly creepy and fascinating to watch! What a surprise! I thought I would be too chicken to watch, what with the crime scene gore, etc. But I did it. I was riveted.

What a horrible way to die, for those people. I daresay it was eerie touring the house all these years later. I kept looking to see what fixtures, etc were the same and thinking 'if only those walls could talk'. I have always wondered how people live in houses where murders happened. I would be so creeped out. More power to the folks that can, but the vibes would do me in.

Thanks for sharing this with us Scott!

Ms. K Guest
    Scott, has anyone bought that house? Does anyone actually live there?

I have to wonder how often people move in and out of the house on Wonderland.

dovescry1999 Guest

Thank you ,Scott...
    Kinda gross to look at. I'm glad there were no close ups, or that my eyesites sucks. Creepiness!

That guy that was sitting up, , next to the TV...That bothered me...
    Last edited by dovescry1999; 05-17-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added some more stuff...

Jack Raines Guest
    In this interview with John Holmes from 1981 (filmed a few months before the Wonderland ordeal), John talks about being offered $100 by the girl next door and his response was "who do I have to kill?" It turns out she was just asking him to take part in a "stag film", but its still kind of an eerie statement considering what happened.

Skip to the part at 0:33 to see what I'm talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHERVjew_s
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 05-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Scott, has anyone bought that house? Does anyone actually live there?

I have to wonder how often people move in and out of the house on Wonderland.
    I just watched the video, I have seen that crime scene video before, I think on the DVD of Wonderland.

Scott - I also would love to know who owns the place (I suppose I could email LA County Assesors) and how much it is up for sale for?

It does not look as if they did a whole lot of work on the place, just carpet and paint, so WOW!

How many bedrooms are there?

tommyjox Guest
    I wonder if a UV light would still show some spatter?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjox View Post
    I wonder if a UV light would still show some spatter?
    Great point!

lisalouver Guest
    I just emailed LA County for owner info and last sale date and price.

This article lists the owners as "40 somethings" - it is a pretty good article from back in 2000.

http://archive.salon.com/people/feat...09/wonderland/

tommyjox Guest
    At this rate the house will be listed as an historical sight, complete with a bronze plaque at the gate!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjox View Post
    At this rate the house will be listed as an historical sight, complete with a bronze plaque at the gate!
    LOL.

That's what I always wonder with these places. I mean do people buy them just for what they once were?

Because the place is not that nice!