Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shows that haven't stood the test of time.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Same here. I think it's because our sense of humor evolves as we get older.
    I agree. Now that I'm older, I understand why my parents hated such shows.

I will agree with that. There are some shows that I thought were the funniest shows ever as a teenager and now they aren't even funny to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Air Wolf" we have sneakier and more dangerous helicopters now.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    " Air Wolf" we have sneakier and more dangerous helicopters now.
    And the star of the show didn't stand the test of time either

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Airwolf.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	47953

Name:	Jan Michael.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	47954
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    And the star of the show didn't stand the test of time either

Name:	Airwolf.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	47953

Name:	Jan Michael.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	47954
    Well, at least he looks happy. LOL

pwem Guest
    I used to think Max Headroom was so hilarious. Now? Not so much.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    I used to think Max Headroom was so hilarious. Now? Not so much.
    I remember who he was, but I don't think I ever watched him. The Facts of Life was more my speed. I doubt if I could sit through that show now either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The Facts of Life was more my speed. I doubt if I could sit through that show now either.
    I actually watched two episodes of Facts of Life just the other day, gotta agree that show hasn't aged very well over the years. I caught a few episodes of Alice the other day as well. Even though I have read from many in the past who they felt that show is dated, I actually disagree with that as the show not only is still quite funny ( of course the Flo episodes were the best ) but one even today can still find a diner similar to Mel's Diner in ones travels though usually in small towns not so much in big cities such Phoenix where Alice was set in. Then again that part in an odd way is funny since Alice made Phoenix seem like a "small town" for example why was according to Alice the Camelback Inn the only hotel in a city the size of Phoenix ???

The Twilight Zone is a show that has and has not stood the test of time. Some of their futuristic eps are fun to watch. There was one I saw recently where an astronaut went into space for 40 years and when he returned, it was the mid 1990s. Its fun to see their idea of what the future would look like, since their future is our history. Some of the other eps have stood the test of time, though.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir1012 View Post
    The Twilight Zone is a show that has and has not stood the test of time. Some of their futuristic eps are fun to watch. There was one I saw recently where an astronaut went into space for 40 years and when he returned, it was the mid 1990s. Its fun to see their idea of what the future would look like, since their future is our history. Some of the other eps have stood the test of time, though.
    To me Twilight Zone is as brilliant today as the first time I saw it. I can watch an episode 10 times and be able to see some new little detail every time. You just mention "time enough at last" or "Shatner, airplane" and people know what you are talking about.

It is also great fun to spot stars who hadn't made it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Well, at least he looks happy. LOL
    Sad thing if we don't die young we will look bad
    with age.( booze drugs will not help)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Green Acres. Best sit com ever!! OH and the Monkees!!
    Last edited by lulubaines; 05-03-2020 at 11:47 AM.

With the Networks and dang near every Cable Channel showing Marathons, it has been a good time to dissect old shows and movies. My sense of what id entertains or informative has def changed. Some shows I watch until they hit the point, where the Producers of a show, fixed it till they broke it. Some are just too dated. Some I have outgrown. This quarantine at home has been, interesting.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

The Nanny's been on a lot lately. Not only do I find Fran Drescher's whiny voice gimmick annoying, but the whole concept of the show is dated. "I'm an independent woman. Oh wait, I married my wealthy boss who treats me like the princess I am." Gimme a break, honey. The producers went that easy route for ratings, which were flat-lining, spiked for the wedding episode and tanked again until the show's cancellation shortly afterward

The Joey Bishop Show wasn't funny then, and it's not funny now. What is funny is the Paul Lynde Show for a few reasons. The writing is stale, but we get to see Paul Lynde portray a straight, married father who works in an office and manages to get across to his audience that he also thinks the writing is shit. He manages to deliver those bad lines in his unique style, which makes a shit show comedy gold.

There are more, but that's enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Seinfeld and zMASH are still the best shows on tv.
    Very true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.