• Laraine Newman

2 1.63%
  • Gilda Radner

57 46.34%
  • None, SNL Sucked back then

3 2.44%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Last edited by DivineDeath; 09-04-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Jenny Slate:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    Andy Samberg:

Aww,he's cute! I like him. I watched SNL in the late 90's when Will Ferrell,Ana Gastyer, and the rest of the people that were on with them. Used to have the biggest crush on Jimmy Fallon. Sometimes I still watch SNL,but it just doesn't seem as funny now to me.

Nasim Pedrad:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    Aww,he's cute! I like him.
    I like him too, the third pic of him is cute.

I watched SNL in the late 90's when Will Ferrell,Ana Gastyer, and the rest of the people that were on with them.
    My favorite cast is the 1986-1994 cast, but I've only watched it in reruns, as I was too young to see it LIVE.

Used to have the biggest crush on Jimmy Fallon.
    Jimmy Fallon USED to be cute, now he annoys the hell outta me, LOL, ESPECIALLY his voice!

Sometimes I still watch SNL,but it just doesn't seem as funny now to me.
    I still watch it, and you're right, it's not that funny anymore, but the castmembers still have their moments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

**Jenna** Guest
    I like him too, the third pic of him is cute.

My favorite cast is the 1986-1994 cast, but I've only watched it in reruns, as I was too young to see it LIVE.

Jimmy Fallon USED to be cute, now he annoys the hell outta me, LOL, ESPECIALLY his voice!

I still watch it, and you're right, it's not that funny anymore, but the castmembers still have their moments.
    Yeah Jimmy Fallon annoys me now too. I don't mind the girls they had last season,they're funny.Seth Meyers and Fred Armistan(or whatever) annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    Yeah Jimmy Fallon annoys me now too.
    And it's bad enough they gave him his own show!

I don't mind the girls they had last season,they're funny.
    I don't mind them either, but Kristen Wiig is the most overexposed cast member they have ever had.

Seth Meyers and Fred Armistan(or whatever) annoy me.
    Seth Meyers soley does Weekend Update now, so he doesn't annoy me.

And that's ArmisEN BTW, LOL. He doesn't annoy me that much, he's had his moments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Forever-27 Guest
    Tonight in 1975 SNL premired on NBC Tv.

It started life as " NBC's Saturday Night Live ".

The musical guests for the very first SNL was Janis Ian and Billy Preston.

c l p Guest
    phill hartman i love in what ever he did.

dana carvy church lady

and i love gilda radner

c l p Guest
    Christopher Walken:

Hosted: 7 times

i adore this man to me he is sexy.

Many of us saw the Betty White episode this week and know how she was recruited for the episode. Guess who the fans are now pushing SNL to have on the show? That's right, Carol Burnett - yay!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Many of us saw the Betty White episode this week and know how she was recruited for the episode. Guess who the fans are now pushing SNL to have on the show? That's right, Carol Burnett - yay!
    That should be a fun one to watch too!

jaylene Guest

Score!!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Gilda Radner was, is, always will be the queen of SNL. She was one in a million and I STILL miss her.

lmao I guess I am alone thinking it sucked back then. we were just talking about this at work. One guy said it wasn't worth a damn since Belushi, et al were on there. I guess it's maybe a little before my time. for me the "glory days" were when Jon Lovitz, Dana Carvey were on there and even the Molly Shannon, Chris Kattan and Cheri Oteri years. I like a lot of the current and recent cast as well, Kristin Wiig, Will Forte, Jason Sudekis, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, etc... I just don't get "get" the older shows, so much of it is not funny to me.

I have to say the Betty White show is probably my favorite, ever. Definitely the best it's been in years. Can't believe she is 88!!

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I have to say the Betty White show is probably my favorite, ever. Definitely the best it's been in years. Can't believe she is 88!!
    88 1/2 according to her and no I can't! She is one funny lady.

Quote Originally Posted by c l p View Post
    i adore this man to me he is sexy.
    Freakin' love Chris Walken...he was sexier when he was younger...but he is funny as hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Same here...I laughed the whole way through...haven't done that in a very long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Vanessa Bayer:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Paul Brittain:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Taran Killam:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Jay Pharoah:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

radiojane Guest
    I just finished reading Live From New York by Tom Shales. Pretty interesting. What caught me the most was the egos. Nearly every one interviewed, save for maybe Akroyd and Damon Wayans, really made no effort to hide the fact that they disliked Lorne or other cast members, and either gave SNL no credit for their success, or blamed it for their failure. They also universally praised Gilda and Hartman, but very few seemed to have much to say about Farley and his death.

One of my favorite sketches is the Manuel Ortiz show. This is hilariously close to what you actually see on Latin American talk shows here in South America.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	''''''''''''''''''''.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	30918  

Tina Fey has the puckering under her mouth because she was stabbed as a child. http://www.zimbio.com/Tina+Fey/artic...ctress+Husband

donnarama Guest

Smile

I loved Amy Poehler.She was really funny.I think Kristin Wiig and Fred Armisen are phenomenal.

donnarama Guest
    My favorite Saturday Night Live character of all time was the Church Lady.Followed by Pat..

I like that sketch too, especially when everyone starts dancing whenever Manuel Ortiz introduces a guest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Kate McKinnon:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I picked Jane Curtain.

I'm one of the few that have never found John Belushi funny. :shrug: I also can't for the life of me figure out why Chris Farley was considered funny either.

Forever-27 Guest
    Farley I can understand. He was never a funny guy. But the not ready for prime time cast , including Belushi wont ever be topped.

I still miss Gilda Radner to this day. She was just that dammed funny. People can rip on Chevy Chase as much as they want to, but in his SNL days, he was hilarious.

NBC really need to put SNL out to pasture. After about 1985 SNL took a nosedive and never recovered. The show was horrible after eddie Murphy left. I havent seen Saturday Night Live since the middle 80s. Its just too painful to watch
    Last edited by Forever-27; 07-21-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Farley I can understand. He was never a funny guy. But the not ready for prime time cast , including Belushi wont ever be topped.

I still miss Gilda Radner to this day. She was just that dammed finny. People can rip on Chevy Chase as much as they want to, but in his SNL days, he was hilarious.

NBC really need to put SNL out to pasture. After about 1985 SNL took a nosedive and never recovered. The show was horrible after eddie Murphy left. I havent seen Saturday Night Live since the middle 80s. Its just too painful to watch
    I hadn't watched it steadily since then either, except for the occasional pop-in. There's a completely new cast and head writer since it's dreg days of not too long ago. So I watch it all the time now.

None of the episodes are perfect with hilarity at every turn. But there are some really funny sketches. And the music is getting a bit more diverse again.

SNL has traditionally stuck with what's popular on the radio in choosing it's musical guests. And for awhile until very recently it was nothing but boy bands, one-hit wonder/forgetable pop chicks and rap. Meh. There are some good ones coming on now though. I don't even know all their names but I know what I like.

GILDA!!!

I loved her. She was absolutely hilarious. I bought the first season of SNL a few years back just to watch her Roseanne Roseannadanna sketches. I missed seeing them since my local NBC affiliate stopped showing old (70s/early 80s) SNL's after Showtime At The Apollo on Sunday mornings.

SNL sucks now.....It was great until around 2007 or so...and then it just went to Hell in a handbasket. I don't think I've watched a full episode since 2010 anyways. (That was the Betty White episode...of course it was hilarious) And, what I have seen....has sucked. As usual.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 07-21-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

If you're willing to sit through the commercial (there's no YouTube posting of this skit), and you're a Christopher Walken fan, and you need something surreal, here's his "Googly Eyes" paranoid gardener skit:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...dener/1119102/

Christopher Walken is such an enigma. I know he wasn't a SNL cast member, but I think he's one of the favorite guests...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Gilda , love love love Gilda, too bad she died before my time.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    If you're willing to sit through the commercial (there's no YouTube posting of this skit), and you're a Christopher Walken fan, and you need something surreal, here's his "Googly Eyes" paranoid gardener skit:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...dener/1119102/

Christopher Walken is such an enigma. I know he wasn't a SNL cast member, but I think he's one of the favorite guests...
    He was one of my fave guests alright. Loved his The Continental sketches.

I think certain pairs of SNL members have unique chemistry, historically (Aykroyd and Curtain, Hartman and Farley, etc.). I love the chemistry between Fred Armisen and Kristen Wiig. My favorite bit is their sloppy, half-improvised musical duo, Garth and Kat. Apologies for the pre-clip commercial, but the clips aren't on YouTube (or elsewhere, that I can find):

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...nd-kat/1396643
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Aidy Bryant:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Tim Robinson:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Cecily Strong:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Are these the new cast members? I forgot to watch the season premier this year. How is it?

Are these the new cast members? I forgot to watch the season premier this year. How is it?
    Yup, Lorne just keeps on collecting 'em, LOL.

And they're all Chicago-based too!

The premiere was pretty good, Seth MacFarlene hosted and Frank Ocean was the musical guest...there was one particular sketch with muppets that you would probably find hilarious and Bill Hader (as always) was amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

I thought the season premiere was pretty good. My favorite skit was the Psy Gangnam Style. I think I may have fallen in love with Bobby Moynihan after seeing him dance.

I didn't make it through last Sat. night's show though (with Joseph Gordon Levitt). I only made through a few minutes of Weekend Update. The only part of the show that I found mildly entertaining was the Most Interesting Man in the World's douche son. It seems like the writing was not strong enough for JGL's talent.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

pwem Guest
    Mr Morris. Totally underused and not given the time or exposure he deserved. I always loved him best.

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Mr Morris. Totally underused and not given the time or exposure he deserved. I always loved him best.
    Gotta agree with you there. He should've had more scenes (it also didn't help that the sketches he wasn't in lasted the longest). Still loved him in the episode, either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

There's a retrospective of the first 5 years of SNL on NBC right now. I've seen it before but it's worth watching again. It always takes me back to when the show first came on the scene and I'd sneek out into the living room to watch them.

Anyhoo, if you're in the PST time zone like I am and wanna check it out, it's on right now.

There's a retrospective of the first 5 years of SNL on NBC right now. I've seen it before but it's worth watching again. It always takes me back to when the show first came on the scene and I'd sneek out into the living room to watch them.

Anyhoo, if you're in the PST time zone like I am and wanna check it out, it's on right now.
    I watched the second half of it only last Sunday, if I had known that it was on, I would've skipped the Family Guy/American Dad repeats...

Anyways...loved what I saw...must've been really fun back then...gotta love the backstage drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Yeah, the backstage stuff that went on is fascinating, isn't it.

I caught the end of a commercial the other night that said they'll being airing the same kind of retrospective on the 80's cast. I didn't catch when it will be though.

Oh and guess who the host is tonight? The Bieber Girl. Woo. (Woo in monotone voice, as opposed to woohoo!, which I reserve for things I like. The Beiber Girl just gets a woo because I will watch her merely out of curiosity. Can she act, and such.)

Gilda Radner (1946-1989) was the best
    on the show.

I'm old enough to remember those days
    of SNL.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.