Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nostradamus

djdeath-hag Guest

Nostradamus

Since he's dead, I guess it's o.k. to start this thread here. I hope that I've not overlooked a thread about him elsewhere on FAD. Apologies tendered, in advance if I did mess up here, I did a search & it came up with nothing.

Did anyone else catch the documentaries last night about the lost works being revealed? What is your take on his prophecies? I'm curious what other death-hags think about the "end" coming in 2012. I'd heard that date kicked around by a Wiccan friend. Makes me think I should act MORE impulsively....time's a-wastin'!!!

I saw parts of it and found it very interesting. Did they say the end was 2012? I thought it was like 3036 or something like that. I remember back in 1988 there was a Nostradamus video that said the world would come to an end in 1994. So I believe some of that is just scare tactics to get us to watch. All in all I found it very cool if those pictures were in fact drawn by Nostradamus. The burning towers... the Pope being attacked... all makes you think.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-31-2007 at 01:08 PM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    They indicated that the cycle during which the world is going to end will be over by the end of 2012. It DOES make me think....and drink! LOL

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I saw something on the Discovery channel or Nat'l Geographic that they cracked a Myan or Incan or Aztec code and 2012 was the end of the world.
    I guess quitting smoking doesn't need to be the priority it once was for me if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    They indicated that the cycle during which the world is going to end will be over by the end of 2012. It DOES make me think....and drink! LOL
    too bad it's not going to end on 2020, I always loved that show
    hey, I'm an attention seeker... whatta ya want from me

2012... hmm, 5 years away... supposedly all cable is going digital HD in 5 years, maybe they should speed things up a little sooner.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-31-2007 at 01:34 PM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Yeah.....so many things that we oughta do (or not do) are greatly affected by this. Should we buy or lease our next vehicle? Liquidate assets & travel the world? What would others do if from now until 2012 is all we have left?

atlantis Guest
    I have read a lot about 2012 being the "end". Some people say it won't be our literal end, just an end to the world as we know it. I kind of have a grasp on what that means but I can't really put it into words. But I'll try. What if, in 2012, we are to come face to face with alien beings...extraterrestrials...and they were to share things with us, teach us, help us...that would for sure be an end to the world *as we once knew it* It would take something so hardcore like that (or something similar) for our world to end as we know it. Am I making any sense? Sometimes, I don't.

I'm still entertaining the idea that it could be the literal end. I'm not sure what I believe yet but I have a feeling something of great importance will happen in 2012.

The Mayan calender ends in 2012. The Maya were a very advanced, very spiritual race who had the ability, through a variety of methods, to see the future. They did this and found that past 2012 was dark, black...nothing to be seen...

This is my kind of thread! I live and breathe for that kind of stuff (2012, Atlantis, extraterrestrial beings, conspiracy theories...I think you get the picture).

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    The Mayan calender ends in 2012. The Maya were a very advanced, very spiritual race who had the ability, through a variety of methods, to see the future. They did this and found that past 2012 was dark, black...nothing to be seen...
    Black...nothing to be seen...Plauge or virus that sweeps the earth. In essence, life that clears the path for new forms of life. It has happened before and it will most likely happen again. Thing is that we humans don't quite like the idea of being extinct.

disco Guest
    Well if the planet killers like keep raping the oceans and chopping down all the forest and ruining the ozone, the world just might end in 2012. When katrina hit, New Orleans people thought the world had ended. There was no government, no nothing. Many of these people will never be secure with America again.

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Many of these people will never be secure with America again.
    This is not again just about the states, it would concern all of mankind.

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Well if the planet killers like keep raping the oceans and chopping down all the forest and ruining the ozone, the world just might end in 2012. When katrina hit, New Orleans people thought the world had ended. There was no government, no nothing. Many of these people will never be secure with America again.
    It is the events that you have listed that bring me closer to my conclusion that something big is on the horizon for 2012. The world is quickly, and dreadfully, changing all around us. *There is something afoot at the Circle K* (Bill and Ted, anyone?) Something is up is what I am trying to say...my spidey sense has been tingling off the charts lately...

12. 11-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Didn't everyone feel this way when the year 2000 was about to happen. Remember all the panic - everyone raiding the stores for food and water and hunkering down in their homes, thinking the world was going to end...and then nothing happened.

I think it's going to be the same with 2012 - a big panic, and then a big nothing...

onehunglow Guest

I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Didn't everyone feel this way when the year 2000 was about to happen. Remember all the panic - everyone raiding the stores for food and water and hunkering down in their homes, thinking the world was going to end...and then nothing happened.

I think it's going to be the same with 2012 - a big panic, and then a big nothing...
    I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I also see the future. Flood, wars, fires and the return of The Gong Show.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

Me, too. I'm not important enough to witness first-hand the end of the world. It won't happen in my lifetime. So, except for the smoking thing, I will plan that the world will continue after 2012.

Hmm... they used the words "Cycle" which to me indicates extinction. Sorry folks, we're going BYE BYE... lets hope the next life form gets it right

onehunglow Guest

Fly now and enjoy. What have you to lose?

Enjoy the trip make sure you seat is in the up position and your seat belt secured.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Enjoy the trip make sure you seat is in the up position and your seat belt secured.
    What happens in the unlikely event of a water landing?

Tugboat25 Guest
    Ok, let me get this straight.... Nostradamus says the end of the world is 2012, Edgar Cayce says it's 2012, the Mayans say it's 2012 and the Hopi Indians say it's 2012....please tell me this is just a coincidence.
    I'm not Jewish but the phrase "Oy Vey" comes to mind.

hlh004 Guest
    this is scary. i have never heard anything about this...but im gonna look it up.
    but a quick ?
    so they beleive that it is going to be the end of the world? why did they pick 2012?
    what so great about that? is it some astronomy thing or what?

thats so random. its scary i will only be 25.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh004 View Post
    this is scary. i have never heard anything about this...but im gonna look it up.
    but a quick ?
    so they beleive that it is going to be the end of the world? why did they pick 2012?

I don't think they each individually picked 2012 as much as they all focused in and came to the same result.
    Maybe there's really something to it....maybe there's not but gosh, thats mighty strange that they all found the same year.
    Last edited by Tugboat25; 11-01-2007 at 09:36 AM.

hlh004 Guest
    ok well. i still want all the details!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh004 View Post
    but a quick ?

I'm so bad with relating specific details.....so forgive me if I screw this up. Essentially there is indeed a great astronomy thing connected w/ 2012. Some perfect alignment that happens every 30,000 years or so. It is kinda disturbing & fascinating at the same time....that several cultures point to the same year.

There is an old Hebrew curse....."May you live in INTERESTING times." What could possibly be more of interest that the death of a planet?

I will be 34... jeeez, I knew I would die young.

onehunglow Guest

I'm not going to play

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Ok, let me get this straight.... Nostradamus says the end of the world is 2012, Edgar Cayce says it's 2012, the Mayans say it's 2012 and the Hopi Indians say it's 2012....please tell me this is just a coincidence.
    I'm not Jewish but the phrase "Oy Vey" comes to mind.
    Well for me life will go on. I just don't want to play in their game. See ya in 2013

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I'm so bad with relating specific details.....so forgive me if I screw this up. Essentially there is indeed a great astronomy thing connected w/ 2012. Some perfect alignment that happens every 30,000 years or so. It is kinda disturbing & fascinating at the same time....that several cultures point to the same year.

There is an old Hebrew curse....."May you live in INTERESTING times." What could possibly be more of interest that the death of a planet?
    thanks! this is very interesting. thanks for bringin this up!

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Well for me life will go on. I just don't want to play in their game. See ya in 2013
    even if the only thing left on the planet is you and potato salad?

atlantis Guest
    You can (if you are interested) google 2012 and go from there. There are tons of pages all over the net. It's very interesting once you get all the details. Then, you can come to your own conclusion. It's kind of hard for me to explain it thoroughly but it's very easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    it's very easy to read.
    What am I an idiot? I need something easy in order to read it... I find that comment very offensive!!! now I need to change my answer in the "Ever been offended" thread... DAMN YOU!!!!!

btw, how easy is it? we talking Dr.Suess... or the yellow pages? (just curious )

atlantis Guest
    Jason...yes, you are an idiot...KIDDING!!! Seriously, depending on the page, it is all written out very well in idiot terms, I mean, laymans terms...just find a page that you like and go from there. Bounce around..I think it's somewhere in between Dr. Suess and the yellow pages. Not too difficult, not to fluffy but veddy, veddy interesting...let us know what you think...

xenaswolf Guest
    Well I guess when you start adding things up, it could be....fresh water supplies running out, honeybees disappearing, makes ya wonder.

djdeath-hag Guest

2013 & feelin' mean!

2013....the year of tater Salad....
    gather round & hear my ballad
    Mayans & phophets guessed as they might
    Jason at 35, may not be a pretty sight!

~With apologies to OneHung, Jason & Dr. Seuss & everyone else who can rhyme better than me!
    Hate mail much?

So, basically, in 2012 I will pay off my new truck, the world will end, and then it will really de-preciate. Great. so much for a trade in deal.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Yes, Stone...but only IF we choose to believe what Nostradamus may or may not have meant or those silly Mayans. I'm not going to worry about it.....but since 12/21/12 is looking like the "deal breaker" day, may do my Christmas Shopping late that year.

~Laughing all the way, ha ha ha

A capital idea DJ! See you ate the mall!

Er, make that "at" the mall...

[SIZE=5]T[/SIZE]he end according to many prophecies from hundreds, even several thousand years ago seem to point to the years of
    [SIZE=4]2011[/SIZE], [SIZE=4]2012 [/SIZE]as being those that will mark the end of time.

Katie Guest
    I feel comfortable about this, because my beliefs say that this life is only the beginning.

The Bible says NO MAN knows the day nor hour that the world will end. Nostradamus says 3000 something. The Mayans obivously didn't forsee their OWN end. They might have prevented it. All that being said, I will wake up a little apprehensive on Dec. 21st 2012. Isn't our calendar off 3 or 4 years anyway?

TNpuck Guest
    I was in southern California when he predicted the "big one" back in the late eighties. Needless to say I don't pay any attention to his predictions anymore.

mike Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    The Bible says NO MAN knows the day nor hour that the world will end. Nostradamus says 3000 something. The Mayans obivously didn't forsee their OWN end. They might have prevented it. All that being said, I will wake up a little apprehensive on Dec. 21st 2012. Isn't our calendar off 3 or 4 years anyway?
    THANK YOU!

mike Guest
    Back in 1990,some guy said that St.Louis Mo. Was going to have a Major Earthquake that was going to level St,Louis as i knew it.Never happen,It was said that the world would end in 1994/95,Never happen.Whatever happen to Y2K? Came and went,Never Happen.I don't have to much faith in People.Its good story thats all.

MoJo67 Guest
    I am not going to dwell on it (my opinion). If it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Life is too short anyway, live each day to it's fullest, not stewing and fretting about what might be or could have been~

deathybrad Guest
    Thank god for the advancement of man-kind...

djdeath-hag Guest
    It does help me to *think* about the possible end of the world, or my own demise to put things into perspective when I'm feeling blue.

oh well at least i'll still get to see how Lost ends lol

Did Nostradamus predict me posting on this tread?

GeneAutrysBoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Did Nostradamus predict me posting on this tread?
    I'm sure that he did! It has to be in his rantings somewhere.

jaylene Guest
    I know this is about his predicting the end and all
    and honestly It don't matter to me I'm here until its
    over but did anyone find it interesting that Nostradamus
    died standing up? Oh well just an FYI.

KarmaKat Guest
    So the Mayans saw nothing just blackness after 2012?
    Could it not be possible that the sun dies?
    That would definately bring about darkness and change life as we know it.

I'm sorry guys but the logical part of me doesn't put any stock into the world ending in 2012. There are very few scientific ways to end a world. 1) Intervention from space such an asteroid collision. 2) The death of our sun or impending death such as its' transformation into a red giant which would eat our orbit (billions of years away) and 3) self destruction such as geo-thermal nuclear war. All of which the Mayans would have had no way to predict.

The Mayans were incredibly intelligent relatively speaking for their time period but certainly would be considered a primitive race by todays standards.