Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanda Sharer

I first heard of this murder while watching the E! special "Too Young To Kill". It was one of the most horrible murder stories I've heard heard. Just now I recapped on some of the story, I don't know why cause now all I can think of is how poor Shanda suffered. I can't believe she was able to stay alive as long as she did. And her calling for her Mommy was heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    She's been posting on her Facebook about her wedding next month. Makes me sad... Poor Shanda never got to plan her own wedding.
    Oh my. That is sickening.

steffie Guest
    Is her Facebook private?
    I'd like to creep on over there if not =)

I'm amazed Toni Lawrence is brave -- or more likely, stupid enough-- to have myspace and facebook pages. She should be keeping a low profile. She is showing no remorse or shame.

Quote Originally Posted by steffie View Post
    Is her Facebook private?

Her MySpace is. Couldn't find her on FB.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    I'm amazed Toni Lawrence is brave -- or more likely, stupid enough-- to have myspace and facebook pages. She should be keeping a low profile. She is showing no remorse or shame.
    She has none to show. Total frakking psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by steffie View Post
    Is her Facebook private?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?....3395267254..1

And the woman apparently worth killing a 12-year-old over:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0.296189443..1
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

WendyK Guest

Has anyone tried friending any of these two??? I was thinking about it to see if they would even add me but nahhh... I read their wall info and nothing much worth seeing..

Oh, great. Toni has kids. Awesome.

And this: Amanda Heavrini got alot of haters buts its all good dnt be mad when u find out ur grl wants me

I threw up a little in my mouth.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Oh, great. Toni has kids. Awesome.

And this: Amanda Heavrini got alot of haters buts its all good dnt be mad when u find out ur grl wants me

I threw up a little in my mouth.
    Suffer's Migraine's too..

Has anyone tried friending any of these two???
    I've never tried, but I know from others that Toni will deny friend requests from strangers but Amanda accepts. Kinda fits in with Amanda's attention-whorey personality. The fact that she continued to write to Melinda in prison just grates (Amanda will deny it up and down but Melinda mentioned it in "Little Lost Angel"). "i got alot of haters buts its all good dnt be mad when u find out ur grl wants me"... didn't really learn a lesson, did she?

I know the "Smoke & Cinders" thing isn't what it sounds like, but STILL! That made me shudder a bit. Who's a fan of that? Toni?

"Bible Belt Sinners" seems to be a band.

Oh God, Toni's a fan of this:
    I dont care what you heard, Im telling you what really happened. So shut up

HAHA. HA. How'd you get that bite mark on your hand from that night, Toni? Hmmm? Not one of these girls can tell the whole truth about what happened. Maybe Laurie will one day, she at least seems to be somewhat remorseful.
    Last edited by saturnine; 04-20-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

WendyK Guest
    They are just excited that they were not adult's at the time of the murder. Probally wished they did more. Sick bitches. To bad they didn't live in Florida or Texas, have you ever watch a bug get zapped?

This picture always disturbs me:

http://simplysue1958.webs.com/apps/p...otoid=17926633

You can see the shape of Shanda's body burned into the ground.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Poor little girl. This is one of those cases I'm kind of sorry I know about.

steffie Guest
    Oh thanks so much!
    I can't believe someone would marry or have kids with that bitch!
    It's funny she's joined the page "I hate douchebags".
    "takin my kiddos fishin! jace got a new pole with his child support money oh and a pr of sunglasses. its his and that's what he wanted.... he's so damn cute."~what a great mom
    "just found a lump and I'm freakin out...."~Please God,Please!!

Wow - looks like I just found my next book to read.

I remember hearing about this back in the day, but I had totally forgot about it until I ran accross it on this forum.

I love this place!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I saw a link that showed crime scene photos and autopsy photos, no thank you.

That poor child. I can't imagine how she suffered.

trishsixxm Guest
    I felt so sad for Shanda's father I read that her death just tore him apart and he was very slowly trying to kill himself he eventually did die of cancer I think or of a broken heart over the senseless and appalling death of his daugther.

Y'all know what? Hope Rippey isn't listed as a sex offender in Indiana anymore. I know she was previously listed there as a LIFETIME registrant. See my post #143 on this thread. Family Watchdog doesn't show her, either. I checked both sites for Hope Rippey and the name she is said to go by now, Anna Rippey.

Does anyone know what is up with that? I can't find anything online. Did she get married? The owner of Sleepy Hollow Pet Ranch, where she works in Indy, posted online about her in November, calling her Rippey...You can't search Family Watchdog by first name only, but the Indiana site allows you to-nothing for Hope or Anna. She's also not on the site as non-compliant. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I saw a link that showed crime scene photos and autopsy photos, no thank you.

That poor child. I can't imagine how she suffered.
    Are you sure you saw crime scene photos? Or are you talking about the one I posted earlier? I've been reading about this case for years now and I've never come across any crime scene photos. The police did take pictures of Shanda at Lemon Road (and a video) but these have never been made public... and they really shouldn't be.

The autopsy photos are terrible.

I did a search and saw a couple of links that said Crime Scene Photos and Autopsy Photos, I did not click on any sites. I bet it is the photo that you posted, or I hope it is. No, they should not be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I did a search and saw a couple of links that said Crime Scene Photos and Autopsy Photos, I did not click on any sites. I bet it is the photo that you posted, or I hope it is. No, they should not be made public.
    The photo that I posted wasn't very graphic, just disturbing. It's a picture of the spot Shanda was burned on, and you can make out an outline of a human body.

Are you sure you saw crime scene photos? Or are you talking about the one I posted earlier? I've been reading about this case for years now and I've never come across any crime scene photos. The police did take pictures of Shanda at Lemon Road (and a video) but these have never been made public... and they really shouldn't be.

The autopsy photos are terrible.

Not to be rude, but do you know where I can see the autopsy photos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I just did a Bing search under her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I'm not sure if you have to be a member to look at the albums, but this group has them:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shanda...s/album/0/list

This Friday's Dr. Phil will be about Shanda. Shanda's mother and half-sister will be on the show, along with one of the girls who's been released from prison. No confirmation on whether it's Hope or Toni, although I've been told Hope by several people.

edit - It is Hope. http://www.youtube.com/user/drphilshow
    Last edited by saturnine; 05-18-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: found out it;s Hope

pvezz Guest
    This Friday's Dr. Phil will be about Shanda. Shanda's mother and half-sister will be on the show, along with one of the girls who's been released from prison. No confirmation on whether it's Hope or Toni, although I've been told Hope by several people.

edit - It is Hope. http://www.youtube.com/user/drphilshow
    I was just going to post this; thanks!

Oh shit. I hate Dr Phil but I may have to watch. I would want to snatch that bitch baldheaded. I bet she's going to bring up how people online have told where she works, the name she uses now, etc. Boo. Hoo.

If I were the mother I would jump up and snap that killers neck.

I see the killer wiping away tears.

I remember reading how Shanda cried.

This story has always upset me so much.

I could believe that Hope and Toni are truly remorseful - HOWEVER, they should've served their time. Especially Hope.

Shanda's mother believes that Laurie Tackett is remorseful. She's also the only one who's never tried to get out of prison.

trishsixxm Guest
    Shanda's mother is a better person then me I would gone ape shit on her. That was a hard 51 seconds. That poor mother to know your child was killed in such a vicious way is one thing but to see one of the accused released she's better then me.

DonnaMc Guest
    I say they are evil and at that age were lead astray by one crazy person that they looked up to? Sounds good anyway. I hope these girls NEVER get out!

WTF!!!! Can you believe that Dr. Phil does not come on in Houston? When did that freakin' happen? Now granted, I don't watch him, but this time I sure as hell would have... I HOPE that the episode will be available on-line or YouTube afterwards... Ughhhhh!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Mammy Guest
    DVR set and ready to go. This was one of the most brutal murders that I have ever heard of. That poor little girl was basically tortured and murdered for nothing. I don't think Toni or Hope should be out, especially Hope because she actually poured the gas on Shanda. Shanda is buried in a little country cemetary behind a church that is less than an hour from where I live. I stopped there a few years ago and she was buried next to her Grandma. I am assuming her Dad is now buried there, but I haven't been there since he died. It is a quiet, peaceful little place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersten View Post
    Apparently, the book "Cruel Sacrifice" by Aphrodite Jones has the autopsy pictures. You'd think they'd be easy to find on the internet, then, right? My library doesn't have the book either.

I'm sure I'd have nightmares after looking, but, you know...
    The book doesn't have the autopsy photos, it shows , The killers, it shows Shanda's picture, it does show just part of her burned body, and her skull with the piece missing. But nothing really gross. I had the book and loaned to someone who never gave it back

Mammy Guest
    I thought "Little Lost Angel" by Michael Quinlan was a much better book about Shanda than "Cruel Sacrifice." Aphrodite Jones spent most of her book on the backgrounds of the murderers, especially Melinda Loveless, and really plays up the lesbian love triangle. "Little Lost Angel" was more about Shanda and her life.

Shanda's mother believes that Laurie Tackett is remorseful. She's also the only one who's never tried to get out of prison.
    I agree with this. She's the only one who accepted her punishment and is dealing with it. Loveless tried to get her sentence completely thrown out and has done the prison babe pen pal thing. Lawrence has the biggest attitude about the case and thinks she did her time and should be left alone. Rippey got out early despite her physical involvement in the crime.

Both Rippey and Lawrence had chances to end this thing before it ever started, as well as multiple chances to prevent it from turning from a horrible assault into murder. If they had been isolated from contact with any one else throughout the entire night, I might believe they didn't act out of fear for their lives. However, they could have told the gas station attendant or anyone else there simply by asking to use the bathroom to get away from the others, or even told Shanda at her dad's house before she even got to the car. NO sympathy.

majcm Guest
    When I first saw this posted about Dr. Phil, I was like NO WAY!! I know Shanda's mom Jacque (although I haven't seen her in about 5-6 years). Then I saw the preview and checked on my digital cable and yep, there it is. I never thought she would ever speak to one of those things on camera. Maybe that's the only way Rippey would do it. One thing I DO know, Jacque & Paige are not in it for the publicity!! Not her style at all. She is still very active in victim's advocacy with no publicity on it.

I HOPE she brings up how it more or less killed Steve too! I hope Paige goes after her and Dr. Phil has to hold her back. I could see Paige doing that! What was so strange was that Paige was the one Jacque had so much trouble with in school. I had worked for Jacque for about 5 years when this happened, and she was always upset about Paige, but Shanda never gave her any trouble. Those last few months, though, I guess knew Jacque missed quite a bit of work, but she never personally told me it was stuff to do with Shanda.

I remember the day she brought the shoebox in to give to detectives. I didn't ask what was in it and she didn't say. One of the girls in my dept who was best friends w/her said after Jacque broke down in hysterics in the bathroom after they took the box, and she went home...Terri said it was Shanda's memory box. Jacque really tried to continue working for a while, but it got to be too much and she had to leave to go to the hospital to get past the trauma. I think the WORLD of her!!

Mammy Guest
    I am really looking forward to watching this show. I hope it helps Jacque and Paige to confront Hope and tell her exactly how they feel and what her actions have done to them. I hope Dr. Phil reams Hope's ass too! She should not be out and my God she looks like hell! I know Toni has two little kids now and is married to someone who isn't their father. She has a real flippant, cocky attitude that she did her time, she didn't help kill Shanda so everyone can fuck off. She is really disgusting. I don't know how Jacque bears having to see these POS in interviews and hear about them on the news. It is still unbelievable what they did to a twelve year old girl even though it has been nineteen years. I have a lot of respect for Jacque and how she has dealt with this over the years.

Ughhhhhh - still totally pissed that H-Town gets no Dr. Phil... This is probably the only time I woulda watched, but dammit I wanna see!!!

If anyone finds it after the fact can you post a link for me? I will be your best friend!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I just read the crime library again and I can't even imagine what Shanda was able to survive. She must have had some will to live after all that, only to be burnt alive. I can only hope that she was in a state of shock shortly after all this torture began and she was not really aware of what was going on. So terrible. It's unbelievable what humans can do to each other. It's a ridiculous shame that any of these girls are out of prison and got anything less than a life sentence.

Great show. Not surprised that attention whore Amanda is making an appearance on Monday as well.

Shejay, you can order a copy of the show from drphil.com. That's what I'm planning to do.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I just read the crime library again and I can't even imagine what Shanda was able to survive. She must have had some will to live after all that, only to be burnt alive. I can only hope that she was in a state of shock shortly after all this torture began and she was not really aware of what was going on. So terrible. It's unbelievable what humans can do to each other. It's a ridiculous shame that any of these girls are out of prison and got anything less than a life sentence.

I did not know until watching the show today that her mother sat with the coroner and had him go over with her, in detail, all of the injuries that were inflicted upon her. The coroner told her that Shanda most likely would have survived being stabbed, beaten, strangled, and sodomized had one of the girls just called for help. This poor child lived for 10 HOURS before they set her on fire. JHC.

majcm Guest
    Of course, they teased it until MOnday to show the real meeting..psh. But I just admire Jacque so much and Paige too, I hate to see how embittered it has made Paige. I see it more in her than her mom. Also did you catch what paige said...itwas kind of cut off, but about them takng Shanda's mickey mouse watch. then Jacque says Melinda still has one of shandas rings that melinda wears all the time. Paige them said ''She says she's "married' to her ==Shanda. It gets cut off but gack;;;just MORE sickness to these criminals!!!

And I really HATE that they are giving "that Amanda" (that will always be MY moniker for her, no first name-last name) any TV time at all. I think she has gotten off on the "fame" of this situation and has never really had remorse. And if you ask remorse for what? No, she was not involved in the crime, but should have felt bad for drawing a 12 YEAR OLD CHILD into a lesbian love triange (violent one at that) when they were 16 year olds. If not for that Amanda, none of it would have happened. I think she thought it made her look like she was SO wanted for a girlfriend they would KILL for her. At least that's the take I have on things I've read her say on message boards since that time.
    Last edited by majcm; 05-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I heard Jacque say two things today that I did not know. She said that the people who informed her that Shanda had been found dead could not bring themselves to tell her Shanda's cause of death. She didn't know that Shanda had been burned to death until seeing it on TV. She also said that Melinda still has one of Shanda's rings and she wears it in prison. That is just cruel. Why would she still be wearing Shanda's ring that she stole from her the night she was murdered? I didn't know the show was going to be in two parts, so I didn't really see a lot that I haven't already heard.

Majcm, I agree with your opinion about Amanda. I have seen her on a couple of shows and she seems to think she is quite the celebrity. I think she enjoys having her name connected to this crime. I have seen her messages on Facebook and a Yahoo message board that is now gone. She likes the attention and wants people to see her as a victim, too. Her spelling is so atrocious that her posts were nearly unreadable. She should feel guilty that Shanda got sucked into all of the drama between her and Melinda. She knew Melinda was jealous and possessive and Amanda liked the attention. I think the lesbian love triangle part of the crime was really exaggerated by the media because it made the story juicier. Amanda may have talked Shanda into doing a couple of things, but I don't think Shanda took it as seriously as the news made it sound. She was just a twelve year old girl trying to fit in at a new school and wanting to make new friends. It is hard to believe teenage girls could be so evil!

She also said that Melinda still has one of Shanda's rings and she wears it in prison. That is just cruel. Why would she still be wearing Shanda's ring that she stole from her the night she was murdered? I didn't know the show was going to be in two parts, so I didn't really see a lot that I haven't already heard.
    It's apparently a panda bear ring. The prison wouldn't give it back to Jacque because Melinda was wearing it when she was arrested so it's considered HER property. Messed up. It should be considered evidence since Melinda stole it off Shanda during the crime.

ETA- Was anyone else totally surprised by Laurie's voice? The tone was even sweet in a way. It was definitely not what I imagined it to be. It made me sad to see her not acknowledge the fact that she KNEW Melinda wanted to kill Shanda. Laurie said it was all peer pressure... no. Not it was not. Laurie told Hope that they were going to "kill a little girl" that night... Laurie wasn't pressured at all. If anything, SHE pressured THEM. I don't know if Melinda would've killed anyone on her own. She might've just needed Laurie in the equation, Laurie who had told friends that she wanted to burn a body one day.
    Last edited by saturnine; 05-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I was surprised too by how Laurie's voice sounded and also by Amanda's voice when they were showing previews for Monday's show. Laurie just sounded so sweet and kind. It made me want to slap the piss out of her because everyone knows what part she played in this crime and she is anything but sweet and kind. She brutally killed a total stranger, a twelve year old child, just for the hell of it. What's with the bleached out Billy Idol hair? She is supposed to be in prison being punished not a day spa experimenting with hair color! I read an article a while back that said Jacque felt that Laurie was the only one who showed any remorse for killing Shanda. I just don't see it. If she was remorseful, she wouldn't be sugar coating her involvement in this crime and saying that she only participated because of peer pressure. She knew what was going to happen that night whether she wants to admit it now or not. Melinda deliberately chose Laurie to help carry out this murder because Melinda knew she was an unstable nut who bragged about wanting to kill someone just to see how it felt. They all like to lie to make themselves look less guilty than the others. All four of them should be sitting on death row!

Perhaps Laurie downplays her involvement to herself as a way of coping with what she did. Just an idea.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, I can see that. But that still is not really taking responsibility for her actions that led to the brutal murder of a little girl. I don't blame her for not wanting to admit what she did, but everyone already knows her part of the crime from her previous interviews and court testimony. I just don't see the point of her wanting to gloss over the gory details to try to make herself look better when the real truth is already out there.