Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

navallint Guest
    Thanks, Dude, I did not see this on Netflix. Since I'm bedridden after a fall, I'll binge watch it today.

You're welcome.

Sorry you fell. Get better soonest.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Thanks, Dude, I did not see this on Netflix. Since I'm bedridden after a fall, I'll binge watch it today.
    Sorry to hear that are bedridden. You are definitely in for a treat.

I've had Netflix for quite a while now- I'm getting more and more disappointed with it. They've taken away some really good programs and movies and are replacing it with crap. Some of their exclusive programming is really good though. We'll be keeping it- but they really need to bring Dr. Who and South Park back.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I've had Netflix for quite a while now- I'm getting more and more disappointed with it. They've taken away some really good programs and movies and are replacing it with crap. Some of their exclusive programming is really good though. We'll be keeping it- but they really need to bring Dr. Who and South Park back.
    I agree with you, Seems that they take more away than they put in...Then the really obscure programs..We don't have cable or view regular tv anymore because of all the commercials- Commercial breaks eat up all the programming to the point where the plot is confusing so that was part of the reason we got Netflix...We will still keep it but Geeze, I wish they would step up their game and maybe stream all their dvds(if that is even possible) Heck, I'd definitely pay more for that.
    We don't care for their mail dvd thingy- JMO
    Love your user name BTW. : )

navallint Guest
    Thanks, Cindy and Dude. It was a hard fall, but I'm getting better. Should be on my feet by Monday. And I watched the first, and it was really good. I'll watch the rest tonight.

I watched some of the first epi during breakfast. It was good, but I seldom have time to binge watch anything.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I used to watch it more than I do too. I got a smart tv so I could watch and then stopped. I gave my info to all my kids and my niece and nephew so hopefully we're all getting my money's worth. I used my phone to stop a kid from having a fit at a doctor's office a couple weeks ago. I can't believe people take kids out unprepared. I just logged into a Mickey Mouse video and he was happy as pie from then on.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I bought my three great nephews tablets for Christmas 2016. By then the middle boy will be 4; the oldest and youngest will almost be 5 and 3 and I am sure they will enjoy watching Netflix and gaming.

If IT doesn't come out on Netflix I am going to be one bummed Stephen King fan. I could get the DVD, if my Window7 player still works. It wouldn't play Rapid Fire last years, so whatevah.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-16-2016 at 02:02 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cool gifts!!! I think I'm the only one I know without one. lol
    Minerva

I don't like mine. I bought it on eBay. Might buy a brand new one sometime or other.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

This is a great show very Stephen King meets Steven Spielberg, it's streaming today!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've got that on my list. I didn't realize it was a king. Duh. Looks cool.

I misread your comment, Dude. My eyes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

All good Cindy that show is awesome. I hope season 2 has already been filmed.

Maybe so, but it usually takes a year to release. I hope it's as good.

I loved the first season of Hemlock Grove but could not get into season 2.

However, after they were picked up from mainstream TV, Longmire and Hell on Wheels have turned out awesome year after year. (It took a bit for this year's HOW to take hold, but now it's just as good as the others)

All good Cindy that show is awesome. I hope season 2 has already been filmed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ben binge watching Murder She Wrote on instant...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I read today that Netflix is supposedly going through some hard times- Hmm, Stop airing old ass obscure programming then..JMO

I wish the writers of Stranger Things had named Will something besides Byers. Every time he's mentioned I think of the Memphis3.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

New series: Crown premiering in November 4. Looks good.

Last edited by cindyt; 09-27-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just started watching this. I'm interested in what everyone thinks of this case. I'll do a search because I'm sure we probably have a thread for her already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I just started watching this. I'm interested in what everyone thinks of this case. I'll do a search because I'm sure we probably have a thread for her already.
    Yeah I'll have a watch as well.

New series: Crown premiering in November 4. Looks good.

That's the one I'm waiting for, looks good if it's indeed factual. Also waiting for "The Ranch", it's not terribly great, more of a guilty pleasure.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I thought it was interesting. It was a little annoying with all the sub-titles. I'm a multi-tasker and I actually had to pay attention to follow along. lol.

navallint Guest
    Watched the first epi of 'Glitch' last night, so far so good. I like that it starts out fast, can't stand when a show is so slow it takes three episodes just to get interested in. It's on netflix.

Hey Navallint, Me too! I had only intended on sitting through one show and ended up watching the whole darned thing! Love it!
    I read that season 2 won't be out til 2017? I wish it would be sooner-
    I already cant wait until the new episodes!

navallint Guest
    Yep, his, I finished it last night. I won't spoil it for others, but the cop and his 2 wives gave me a little a giggle during morbid fest. 2017 can't come soon enough, I need my fix for Stranger Things, The 100, and now Glitch.

I tried watching I'm the Pretty One Living in the House or something like that about a ghost story in a ghost story, but it was just boring and the protagonist got on my nerves. However, The Crown was awesome. I mean, I binge watched and I seldom do that. I don't know how factual, but it humanizes Elizabeth and Phillip.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So we were going to get Netflix. Bought something called Roku. You have several options to sign up for. Went to install Netflix. Got online and entered the code to sign up. Got ERROR and a phone number to call. It is someone overseas who we cannot understand and yup he was wanting to get control of my home computer. When my husband asked him if he was trying to get into our computer he hung up. Returned the dang Roku thing. Damn we just want NetFlix but heck with it for now.

I tried watching I'm the Pretty One Living in the House or something like that about a ghost story in a ghost story, but it was just boring and the protagonist got on my nerves. However, The Crown was awesome. I mean, I binge watched and I seldom do that. I don't know how factual, but it humanizes Elizabeth and Phillip.
    I'm definitely going to be watching the Crown this weekend. I've been looking forward to it.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    So we were going to get Netflix. Bought something called Roku. You have several options to sign up for. Went to install Netflix. Got online and entered the code to sign up. Got ERROR and a phone number to call. It is someone overseas who we cannot understand and yup he was wanting to get control of my home computer. When my husband asked him if he was trying to get into our computer he hung up. Returned the dang Roku thing. Damn we just want NetFlix but heck with it for now.
    Do you have a smart TV? I was thrilled to learn that on my smart TV, I can watch so many different things, including Netflix, Amazon streaming, YouTube, etc.
    Minerva

No, but that's what were are going to get. Sounds like the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I'm definitely going to be watching the Crown this weekend. I've been looking forward to it.
    The only complaint is that everybody except Elizabeth smoked like chimneys. Of course it was in vogue back then, but sheesh. I was kind of surprised that it didn't make me hanker for a butt, but all it did was cause me to SMH.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    No, but that's what were are going to get. Sounds like the way to go.
    Definitely the way to go. I had to replace the one in my bedroom and found a hell of a good deal at Costo--under $300.

The only complaint is that everybody except Elizabeth smoked like chimneys. Of course it was in vogue back then, but sheesh. I was kind of surprised that it didn't make me hanker for a butt, but all it did was cause me to SMH.
    I'm into the third episode. Its weird that the actor playing David in this series is the actor who played Prince Charles in the movie "The Queen."
    Minerva

My TV in the bedroom doesn't have the "Smart TV" status, so I bought the Chromecast for $35. It worked for about 3 months and I can't get it to work now. Said the hell with it and bought a DVD player that is wireless and has all the apps, now I can play Netflix and Amazon. The big flatcreen in the living room I bought in 2008 (and paid 4 times more than what it's worth today) also doesn't have smart tv, guess that was before it's time. Thankfully we use Grande cable, and the cable box has the app for Netflix, but unfortunately not for Amazon. Back to the store for another DVD player (thankfully I still own a ton of them) and now I'm set. I still haven't seen The Crown yet, there's been too many things on TV like the World Series, Football, etc...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I have amazon prime stream. I've saved the first three Lethal Weapons movies, the first two seasons of Marcus Welby MD--free watch--and the video quality is sloooooo. Thought about getting Pure Flex, which is the Christian's Netflix. It has a bunch of interesting movies. But seldom watch Netflix between meals, so I'm not going to waste my money.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The People vs OJ Simpson with Cuba Gooding has been released. Ima give it a whirl.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When my roommate moved out and I started having to pay rent/utility bills/ satellite all by myself, I dropped satellite and got hulu and Netflix. I saved a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    When my roommate moved out and I started having to pay rent/utility bills/ satellite all by myself, I dropped satellite and got hulu and Netflix. I saved a lot of money.
    We have just Netflix and Hulu as well- We got really tired of paying for cable just to see commercial and cut up programming. I like them both, but IMO feel there is too much dark sided content on Netflix, And for some reaon our Hulu stutters alot? Plus we have a nice sized library of DVDs should we tire of both Netflix and Hulu.

You can also get Sling tv to add to Netflix and Hulu and you're set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The People vs OJ Simpson with Cuba Gooding has been released. Ima give it a whirl.
    What did you think of the series? I thought it was done very well myself, of course there wasn't anything in there we didn't already know, but I was still hooked.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    What did you think of the series? I thought it was done very well myself, of course there wasn't anything in there we didn't already know, but I was still hooked.
    Haven't watch the entire season yet. (I'm pokey about watching stuff because I'd rather read.) But I enjoyed what I've seen.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I watched '13 Reasons Why' this past weekend. It has stuck with me. I can't stop thinking about it. If you're looking for a good cry and sad story, this would be for you.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837492/

Something tells me this is more to benefit Netflix than the viewer. I personally preferred the 5 star rating, but if it seems to be working for them than more power to em!
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Something tells me this is more to benefit Netflix than the viewer. I personally preferred the 5 star rating, but if it seems to be working for them than more power to em!
    I agree-
    However, if they want to do better, They should have better content other than the dollar bin type crap.
    The only reason we keep it is for Grace and Frankie, Glitch- I'd like to see more classic movies and tv...(not 80s/90s) JMO

For any fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the new episodes dropped last night. I watched the first one, and really enjoyed it. A Danish monster movie called "Reptilicus."
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    For any fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the new episodes dropped last night. I watched the first one, and really enjoyed it. A Danish monster movie called "Reptilicus."
    The husband loves those, We watched it on Hulu last night, The feature was the movie Tormented, then something about "leeches" It had Yvette Vickers in it, I fell asleep though.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-15-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I used to love that show! I'll have to check out the new ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

49. 04-25-2017, 04:55 AM

Can't remember all the details, but a new crime thriller is premiering soon. MindHunter--I think. It sounds like a one-man Criminal Minds.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Can't remember all the details, but a new crime thriller is premiering soon. MindHunter--I think. It sounds like a one-man Criminal Minds.
    not til October

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=min...55&jbp=1&jbr=0
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-26-2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Woops