Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

I watched Shawshank Redemption and V for Vendetta last night. Not a bad way to spend an evening.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Years ago, I read Shawshank and it was okay, but I have never seen the move. Might try it out.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Years ago, I read Shawshank and it was okay, but I have never seen the move. Might try it out.
    Its really good Cindy. I think you'd like it.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I'll try it out then. I'm bored with X-Files. I'll be so glad when it's time for new seasons of Gray's Anatomy, Longmire, and Hell on Wheels.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I thought about renting the DVD's, but as little as I watch in the first play it just would not be worth the extra money. I watch during meals. If I am extremely bored I'll watch something between.
    I don't pay for DVDs, it's all-streaming for us. I DID spring for the $4 extra to have it on four screens at once. Now I pay $11.99/month, and four people can watch at the same time. Unlike Hulu, who charges $7.99/month and you can only watch it on one screen at a time. I was in the middle of watching SVU, and Hubby wanted to watch before he went to work, so naturally, I gave it up and watched Undercover Boss on YouTube so he could watch Hulu.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I thought about renting the DVD's, but as little as I watch in the first play it just would not be worth the extra money. I watch during meals. If I am extremely bored I'll watch something between.
    the good thing with Netflix, you can literally keep the dvd for as long as you need it- NO EXTRA CHARGE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll try it out then. I'm bored with X-Files. I'll be so glad when it's time for new seasons of Gray's Anatomy, Longmire, and Hell on Wheels.
    OMG!!!! I had no idea that Netflix had continued the Longmire series!!!! I was so upset when A&E canceled the show. Thank you cindyt, you have no idea how happy you have made my weekend (cause you know I'm going to binge on season 4)!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngieDFan View Post
    OMG!!!! I had no idea that Netflix had continued the Longmire series!!!! I was so upset when A&E canceled the show. Thank you cindyt, you have no idea how happy you have made my weekend (cause you know I'm going to binge on season 4)!!!!!
    You're welcome!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Niko88 Guest
    I just started watching Lost on netflix. I'm on season 1 episode 13 "Hearts and Minds."

Good documentary..."The Seventies"..8 episodes. Very well done
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Niko88 View Post
    I just started watching Lost on netflix. I'm on season 1 episode 13 "Hearts and Minds."
    I love Lost. I keep meaning to rewatch the entire series, but 6 seasons is a pretty big commitment. Lol
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I added it to my list.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I watched some of it this evening. Love. Thanks for the head's up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

i hate netflix. everything i want to watch streaming, isnt available to stream, but is on dvd. ugh. and now, prices are going up.

my mom loves Longmire but I can't stand the blonde chick, his partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    i hate netflix. everything i want to watch streaming, isnt available to stream, but is on dvd. ugh. and now, prices are going up.
    I'm getting pretty tired of it as well, I think they could definitely improve the streaming choices...Would love to see more classic comedies from the 50s to the 70s even..
    My friends would rave about all the programming Netflix had streaming when they first came out.. But when we signed up a couple years ago, it was very limited, Meh.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-09-2016 at 04:43 PM.

It's rare when I watch between meals, as I've said, guess that's why there's plenty for me to see yet. But i too would like to see more classical TV. Don't care for comedies, but would love to see the ones I've mentioned upthread, plus Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere. Gritty shows like that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm tired of it as well. I have never watched any of the television dries finding their way now, but my kids have. I joined solely for the documentaries but I seem to have watched almost all the ones I've wanted to see and they're not adding new ones fast enough.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I'm tired of it as well. I have never watched any of the television dries finding their way now, but my kids have. I joined solely for the documentaries but I seem to have watched almost all the ones I've wanted to see and they're not adding new ones fast enough.
    Lately it seems like they are taking more off and adding less..Maybe they have that less for more syndrome like everything else too?

Trust me, Netflix's better than Amazon Prime. I started watching True Blood and after 5 seasons of it being free, they want to charge me $2.99/episode to finish the last two seasons. They are doing that with a lot of their shows; and just last night, I was listening to my streaming music and they had taken one of the songs off. Hulu's not a lot better, with their constant buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Trust me, Netflix's better than Amazon Prime. I started watching True Blood and after 5 seasons of it being free, they want to charge me $2.99/episode to finish the last two seasons. They are doing that with a lot of their shows; and just last night, I was listening to my streaming music and they had taken one of the songs off. Hulu's not a lot better, with their constant buffering.
    I don't watch Amazon Prime because most of the offerings I was interested are not free. I'm finicky about what I watch. The only reason I have AP is for the free shipping and quick delivery of goods.

Right now i'm hooked on House Hunters: Tiny House. I want one. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't watch Amazon Prime because most of the offerings I was interested are not free. I'm finicky about what I watch. The only reason I have AP is for the free shipping and quick delivery of goods.

Right now i'm hooked on House Hunters: Tiny House. I want one. Lol.
    Hi Cindy, I loved those shows on netflix- I still watched HH & HH renovation & international even though I had heard HH was fake, I have not seen the tiny house episodes though...Didnt know they had those, Thank you for mentioning it )

Niko88 Guest
    I love tiny houses! We watch HGTV all the time at my house. But last night I was trying to find a horror movie on netflix. I ended up watching Dark was the Night. It was eh. Crappy special effects at the end. Crappy special effects have the ability to ruin a movie or make it a cult classic. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi Cindy, I loved those shows on netflix- I still watched HH & HH renovation & international even though I had heard HH was fake, I have not seen the tiny house episodes though...Didnt know they had those, Thank you for mentioning it )
    I Knew someone somewhere on the internet--maybe on FAD--who said they were on an epi of HH.

I was thinking I would love to live in a tiny house when it dawned on me last night that over 30 years ago I did in fact live in one. Duh. It was this little bitty thing I rented in Btown. Main room was for living and sleeping; the kitchen ran the length to one side; fairly large bathroom with walk in shower, no sink--ew--walk in closet; napkin-size front yard with a stoop porch; rolling backyard with screened-in porch. 150 bucks plus utilities per month.

There's a show titled Little Furniture that I have absolutely got to watch. Lol. I love miniatures, have always wanted a real dollhouse to furnish with little tables and couches and beds and tiny newspapers and food. There once was a second-hand store in Btown that had a dollhouse rambler under glass. It had the coolest furnishings. It even had a backyard grill and swimming pool.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I Knew someone somewhere on the internet--maybe on FAD--who said they were on an epi of HH.

I was thinking I would love to live in a tiny house when it dawned on me last night that over 30 years ago I did in fact live in one. Duh. It was this little bitty thing I rented in Btown. Main room was for living and sleeping; the kitchen ran the length to one side; fairly large bathroom with walk in shower, no sink--ew--walk in closet; napkin-size front yard with a stoop porch; rolling backyard with screened-in porch. 150 bucks plus utilities per month.

There's a show titled Little Furniture that I have absolutely got to watch. Lol. I love miniatures, have always wanted a real dollhouse to furnish with little tables and couches and beds and tiny newspapers and food. There once was a second-hand store in Btown that had a dollhouse rambler under glass. It had the coolest furnishings. It even had a backyard grill and swimming pool.
    Hi Cindy, Sounds like we have a few things in common. We moved from a small 950 square foot house that we actually raised our children in..When I bought it the idea was to fix it up and sell it- That house was a complete money pit not to mention its "other issues"...The small closetsized bathroom didn't help.
    I watched those episodes, Wow! I think something like that might be good for one but good heavens, I would live in fear of a fire! How about that family of 6 crammed into that little house? That attic was nasty! I wouldn't live in that even as a ghost! They should do updates.
    My favorite thing as a child was having a doll house to "decorate" Had one briefly but with 6 other rather destructive siblings, That was short lived.
    Who knows, maybe after the kids are out on their own I may try it as a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Hulu's buffering has nothing to do with Hulu itself and everything to do with your Internet connection. I had a HUGE problem with buffering when I had Clear Internet, and once I switched to Google Fiber, the buffering stopped. Netflix was buffering, too, even YouTube videos were buffering.

Let's face it, though, Clear Internet sucked ass. Sprint bought them and tried to improve their service, but failed and six months ago Clear went out of business. I didn't even pay the last month's charges, I switched to Fiber a month before Clear petered out. I refused to pay for service that didn't work half the time.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi Cindy, Sounds like we have a few things in common. We moved from a small 950 square foot house that we actually raised our children in..When I bought it the idea was to fix it up and sell it- That house was a complete money pit not to mention its "other issues"...The small closetsized bathroom didn't help.
    I watched those episodes, Wow! I think something like that might be good for one but good heavens, I would live in fear of a fire! How about that family of 6 crammed into that little house? That attic was nasty! I wouldn't live in that even as a ghost! They should do updates.
    That attic was creepy and the opening wasn't very big, either. "I wouldn't live in it as a ghost." Haha! I just don't see how six people could live in one. I hope they made out all right.

My favorite thing as a child was having a doll house to "decorate" Had one briefly but with 6 other rather destructive siblings, That was short lived.
    Who knows, maybe after the kids are out on their own I may try it as a hobby.
    When i was ten my parents bought me a fairly big sized Colonial dollhouse, two stories and an attic, plus all the furniture and a family of dolls. Some of it was nice, other things, not so much. When we moved into a smaller house, they put it in storage in my aunt's basement. Years later I decided to refurbish it, but aunt had tossed it. Oh, well. I used to go to Hobby Lobby and stare up at all those dollhouses and look at the furniture and things, and dream, but it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Hulu's buffering has nothing to do with Hulu itself and everything to do with your Internet connection. I had a HUGE problem with buffering when I had Clear Internet, and once I switched to Google Fiber, the buffering stopped. Netflix was buffering, too, even YouTube videos were buffering.

Let's face it, though, Clear Internet sucked ass. Sprint bought them and tried to improve their service, but failed and six months ago Clear went out of business. I didn't even pay the last month's charges, I switched to Fiber a month before Clear petered out. I refused to pay for service that didn't work half the time.
    I had problems with Netflix and they told me to run a software update and voilia, so that could be it as well.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had problems with Netflix and they told me to run a software update and voilia, so that could be it as well.
    I always keep mine up-to-date. The Wii alerts me when there was a new version of the app available, and as for my tablet, I have it set to auto-update the apps because it is not connected to a data plan it is strictly wifi-only. I don't use the PS3, although Hubby has it set up so that I can, I have my own profile on it and everything. He's pretty good at keeping apps on that up to date.

"I just go here!"

I'm with you ladies on the Tiny House movement, I love Tiny House Nation. I'd love to own one. I know there is a documentary on Netflix where a guy builds one from scratch with no building experience what so ever. It's pretty cool.

I also suggest Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon

May not be the one you saw, Dude, but I saw a docu about a man who built a tiny house from scratch.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Husband wants Netflix....went to our ISP and they said hook up though my computer.....Wal mart said hook thru land based phone.....I am confused as always. Will I get a monthly bill?

I don't know wtf Walmart is talking about but then I don't know much about technology. I have my laptop on a WiFi connection and just go to the site on the computer and watch stuff on there. I used to watch it on the TV when I had my Wii hooked up, that was also just with the regular house Wifi connection.

Sissy got a notebook for Christmas one year and a modem? you could hook up to a TV. It had Netflix and I think Hula. I asked her about it she was like Meh. But she seldom watches anything but cooking and house and garden shows with the odd Hallmark movie.

I love the streaming but I'm kind of bored with it and have been reading crime and paranormal cases and lists on pinterest. I tried watching ET. Tried is the keyword.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    I watched "Don't Blink " ( I think that was the name ) about a week ago it was chilling. I'm on a Star Trek Voyager kick now. I watched in the late 90s with my son and enjoyed it. Go Captain Janeway!

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I watched "Don't Blink " ( I think that was the name ) about a week ago it was chilling. I'm on a Star Trek Voyager kick now. I watched in the late 90s with my son and enjoyed it. Go Captain Janeway!
    I caught a few of STV back in the day and enjoyed it. Might try it again. Might try Don't Blink. I've seen several that seem interesting and one in particular that I can't remember the title, but what stops me is that I do not watch anything rated R.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

May not be the one you saw, Dude, but I saw a docu about a man who built a tiny house from scratch.
    Maybe it was a young guy in his 20s or so and his girlfriend who was helping him on and off kept saying she was moving to New York.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Maybe it was a young guy in his 20s or so and his girlfriend who was helping him on and off kept saying she was moving to New York.
    I don't seem to remember the girlfriend, but the guy was in his 20s or so. He face a lot of challenges in construction and he paneled the house with this beautiful wood. That's about all I remember.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wish I could do that build a tiny house then tour the country in it and it would make life really interesting.

I've been watching 12 Days of Terror, based on the 1916 Jersey shore shark attacks, which is the event Benchley based JAWS on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just got a new tablet and put Netflix on it. Any good historical documentaries I should check out? I'm a history buff and know there has to be something good to watch.

If you click on BROWSE you'll find lots of good documentaries, including histories about Hitler and WWII, the West, the Civil War, to name three.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There's a wonderful documentary on Harry Dean Stanton on Netflix right now.

Another excellent documentary is Poverty, Inc. It will completely change the way you think about foreign aid and charities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pablo's brother, Roberto Escobar is threatening to sue Netflix because the family wants compensation for "Narcos." I don't believe that the family is entitled to anything from Netflix. Escobar is a "public figure," so I think people are allowed to use certain aspects of his life without compensation. It will be interesting to follow this one. Link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2701462
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Pablo's brother, Roberto Escobar is threatening to sue Netflix because the family wants compensation for "Narcos." I don't believe that the family is entitled to anything from Netflix. Escobar is a "public figure," so I think people are allowed to use certain aspects of his life without compensation. It will be interesting to follow this one. Link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2701462

A while ago Netflix had a documentary made by Pablo's son it was really interesting. I don't see how his brother should be able to sue unless Roberto is featured on the show.

A while ago Netflix had a documentary made by Pablo's son it was really interesting. I don't see how his brother should be able to sue unless Roberto is featured on the show.
    I think Roberto is executor of the estate; however, since Pablo was a pubic figure, its not possible for Roberto to have a say in everything that's done about Pablo. Take for instance, the Kurt and Courtney documentary. Nick Bloomfield didn't have Courtney's permission but that didn't stop the film. It just didn't allow Nick to use any of the music. Being public figures their likeness is everywhere and is accessible to everyone due to the "Fair Use Doctrine."
    Minerva

This is a great show very Stephen King meets Steven Spielberg, it's streaming today!

I've got that on my list. I didn't realize it was a king. Duh. Looks cool.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-15-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm 4 episodes in and it's amazing.

I'm 4 episodes in and it's amazing.
    I'm tempted to watch now, but I've got work to do on my book.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD