Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life On Mars - US Version

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    I watched. I enjoyed the ending and found it acceptable and it did give closure to the story. My wife hated it.

Maybe I am a dummy but I missed how they turned Gene into his father....I think I missed a connection.
    That kinda confused me,but it's funny,but then when I think about Sam sleeping with Maria,being Gene's daughter it's kinda gross..but since she really wasn't his daughter....
    At first I wasn't to crazy about it,but now since i've rewatched it,I like and accept it.

I forgot about the daughter lololol.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Why, why, why did they have to cancel this show!!?? I loved it! I'm still trying to get over the cancellation of My Own Worst Enemy, and now this! I think I'll just stick to watching DVD's from now on!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Littleroben Guest
    Can I ask how the US version ended, was it the same as the UK ending?

Dotty Guest
    From the posts above it doesn't sound like it at all (unless they are referring to Ashes to Ashes) which I haven't watched yet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the UK Life On Mars and often watch it On Demand.

Littleroben Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    From the posts above it doesn't sound like it at all (unless they are referring to Ashes to Ashes) which I haven't watched yet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the UK Life On Mars and often watch it On Demand.

Ashes to Ashes is back on again soon - yay! That and The Apprentice and I am a happy bunny

Dotty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    Ashes to Ashes is back on again soon - yay! That and The Apprentice and I am a happy bunny

Ooooh good news indeed - is it a repeat or a new series, do you know?

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Ooooh good news indeed - is it a repeat or a new series, do you know?

New series, not sure when but they are starting to run the trailers. Can't wait for Gene Hunt to be back - so funny

hoxharding Guest
    Been watching Ashes to Ashes-pretty good. Evidently Harvey Keitel called the actor who played the original Gene. He asked questions about how to play the character and even wore the same footwear as a visual tribute to the actor.
    Unless I missed something-Gene was not a relation to Sam.
    The way they reintroduce Gene and the other two cops in 'Ashes to Ashes' is great.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Why, why, why did they have to cancel this show!!?? I loved it! I'm still trying to get over the cancellation of My Own Worst Enemy, and now this! I think I'll just stick to watching DVD's from now on!
    That is what I'm gonna start doing.

It ended with Sam being an astronaut along with the rest of the 125 squad,and Gene ended up being Sam's dad,they ended up on mars,and the year is 2035, they were asleep for 2 years I guess and Sam dreampt he was in "08,had some glitches with something they put in his head i guess,so that took him back to 73 with his 08 memories still intak. It sounds very confusing,I rewatched it twice today,i'm prolly leaving some other details out,but that's the jist of it.

I just have to add that the allready hot Annie looked better as a brunnette. I shall miss Annie's hair.

**Jenna** Guest
    I just have to add that the allready hot Annie looked better as a brunnette. I shall miss Annie's hair.
    yeah she did. I liked Ray with his mustache,and Sam in his hot leather jacket!

Ray looked Slick as hell during the whole show.

**Jenna** Guest
    Ray looked Slick as hell during the whole show.
    I know,lol,he really did have it going on.

The little boy that played the Child Sam looked very sickly to me though...very odd look to him. I guess that was intentional.

**Jenna** Guest
    The little boy that played the Child Sam looked very sickly to me though...very odd look to him. I guess that was intentional.
    That's what I thought

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    That's what I thought
    He had really red lips too.

They had some odd makeup at times. Harvey looked a little odd sometimes. My wife told me she read that they had to do alot to make him look younger for the part.

He had killer loafers...and his onyx ring just topped it off.

**Jenna** Guest
    They had some odd makeup at times. Harvey looked a little odd sometimes. My wife told me she read that they had to do alot to make him look younger for the part.

He had killer loafers...and his onyx ring just topped it off.
    Yeah I thought adult Sam looked odd when he woke up on the spaceship. Well heck Harvey isisn't that old is he,he looks like he's in his 50/60's. I liked the white loafers.
    Windy,I liked her too.

Yeah I thought adult Sam looked odd when he woke up on the spaceship. Well heck Harvey isisn't that old is he,he looks like he's in his 50/60's. I liked the white loafers.
    Windy,I liked her too.
    He turns 70 next month according to wikipedia.

**Jenna** Guest
    He turns 70 next month according to wikipedia.
    wow! He's hot for 70

Dotty Guest
    New series, not sure when but they are starting to run the trailers. Can't wait for Gene Hunt to be back - so funny
    You star, thank you. I'd completely missed all this and must investigate watching the first series online somewhere.

Littleroben Guest
    It ended with Sam being an astronaut along with the rest of the 125 squad,and Gene ended up being Sam's dad,they ended up on mars,and the year is 2035, they were asleep for 2 years I guess and Sam dreampt he was in "08,had some glitches with something they put in his head i guess,so that took him back to 73 with his 08 memories still intak. It sounds very confusing,I rewatched it twice today,i'm prolly leaving some other details out,but that's the jist of it.
    Thanks for the info, its certainly very different to the UK version. Wish I could watch it now....doesn't look like we're getting it here.

KarmaKat Guest
    You What??????
    He ended up on a spaceship? Really?

**Jenna** Guest
    Thanks for the info, its certainly very different to the UK version. Wish I could watch it now....doesn't look like we're getting it here.
    You can watch it online
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lifeonmars/index?pn=index
    I don't know how long they will be on,and there's only the last 4 episodes

Littleroben Guest
    You can watch it online
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lifeonmars/index?pn=index
    I don't know how long they will be on,and there's only the last 4 episodes

Thanks Jenna - you are a star! Thats me occupied in the morning then

Littleroben Guest
    Thanks Jenna - you are a star! Thats me occupied in the morning then

Or not....bah it won't let me cos I don't live in the US. I think the BBC pulls a similar trick for people not in the UK.

Thanks for posting the link tho, I do appreciate u taking the time to do that.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. I think had the show been on for years, that ending would have totally pissed me off! Then again, I guess it was fitting. Maybe they were dropping hints...because Ray always called Sam, 'Space Man'!

How did the UK version end?

Dotty Guest
    In a nutshell; The UK version ended with a shootout at a train robbery, Sam walked into a tunnel - then woke up from his coma in 2007. He couldn't settle as he'd promised Annie he would be back. He jumped off the roof of the police station and was back at the scene of the robbery.

Pics and some basic info here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/lifeonmars/index_non_flash.shtml

I don't want to ramble on too much but any specific questions feel free to ask, one of us will know the answer!

Sam receives a phone call from Frank Morgan and it seems the solution to his quandary is clear. If he brings down Gene Hunt, he can get home.
    When Sam finds Gene, he and the rest of CID are looking at a dead miner. All roads lead to Leslie Johns, a notorious cop-killer that they believe is planning a heist on the train that transports the colliery wages. Gene is determined to head the investigation and put Johns behind bars, and so devises a plan that involves going undercover to infiltrate the gang of criminals.
    As Sam questions the dubious ethics behind Gene's methods, he meets Morgan one-on-one. What Morgan tells Sam turns his world upside down. He claims that Sam is on transfer from Hyde, sent to Gene's department to surreptitiously obtain enough dirt to destroy Gene's career. Sam was injured on the day of the transfer and Morgan deduces that he must now be suffering amnesia about his former identity. His real name is not even Sam Tyler: this was a pseudonym created as part of his fake past life. It seems that Sam's 'home' isn't 2007, but 1973 and down the road as a DI in Hyde division.
    Sam is in turmoil and has little time to work out who to trust as he and his team head into lethal danger. Gene is with Johns's gang, but Sam, Annie, Ray and Chris are all aboard the train. When it's hi-jacked and their cover is blown, Johns opens fire, and it looks to Sam like only Morgan can save them. As Sam leaves the others to find help, he promises Annie that he'll return.
    But when Sam heads down the railway tunnel and meets Morgan, he opens his eyes in 2007. He's awoken from his coma and it seems that Gene and his 1973 world existed only in Sam's fevered imagination. But Sam is haunted by the promise he made to Annie, and determined to find a way back....
    Last edited by Dotty; 04-04-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: To add details of final episode from BBC website (in italics)

**Jenna** Guest
    Or not....bah it won't let me cos I don't live in the US. I think the BBC pulls a similar trick for people not in the UK.

Thanks for posting the link tho, I do appreciate u taking the time to do that.
    Oh I'm sorry. That sucks.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. I think had the show been on for years, that ending would have totally pissed me off! Then again, I guess it was fitting. Maybe they were dropping hints...because Ray always called Sam, 'Space Man'!

I wasn't really all that happy with the ending,but the more I watch it,the more I'm not bothered by it.

lillielue Guest

Smile I miss this show

Last night was awful. I tried watching the Unusuals to see if it would fill the void but it did not. that show is not impressive in my opinion. I miss Ray's sayings and Gene's humor.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lillielue View Post
    Last night was awful. I tried watching the Unusuals to see if it would fill the void but it did not. that show is not impressive in my opinion. I miss Ray's sayings and Gene's humor.
    I didn't even watch it. I resent any show still on abc or in LOM's time slot. I think about Ray and Gene even in my sleep

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Ever notice how all the shows they put on after Lost gets cancelled? Invasion, the Nine, Life on Mars, etc.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post
    Ever notice how all the shows they put on after Lost gets cancelled? Invasion, the Nine, Life on Mars, etc.
    I liked Invasion and the Nine,I was upset when they were canceled but LOM, has really upset me. And maybe because i'm not much of a fan of lost,but I don't see where it's all that good,and why do they always get to have their time go over.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Aw, I love Lost! Alot of shows go over a few mintues to get a lead-in for the next show. I don't know how well it works today, though. Friends used to do it all the time...I'm not sure if they started it, but they're the first ones I remember doing it.

**Jenna** Guest
    I didn't mean anything bad by it,didn't know if there was a specific reason Lost went over or what. I do think Lost is better than Desperate Housewives

Two Lost Souls Guest
    No worries...I didn't take it bad at all.

Have not seen the American version yet. But love the
    British one is so good and like all the music from early
    1970s that is played on the show.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Have not seen the American version yet. But love the
    British one is so good and like all the music from early
    1970s that is played on the show.
    the american one had alot good music too. wonder if they played the same songs.....now that Life on Mars by David Bowie is stuck in my head

It would be nice to find a listing of the complete soundtrack for the series...there was a few tunes I did not know.

**Jenna** Guest
    It would be nice to find a listing of the complete soundtrack for the series...there was a few tunes I did not know.
    Same here.

lillielue Guest

Smile I am really missing this show

I miss this show so much that I dreamt that abc announced that it was wrong and brought it back.

**Jenna** Guest
    I miss this show so much that I dreamt that abc announced that it was wrong and brought it back.
    That sounds like a good dreamMaybe that will happen.

**Jenna** Guest
    LOM would be great on USA or the Scifi channel.

lillielue Guest

Yes either site would be good

I think either site would be good. I really hope that one of them opens up their eyes and sees what a great show it is.

**Jenna** Guest
    I think either site would be good. I really hope that one of them opens up their eyes and sees what a great show it is.
    Me too.

**Jenna** Guest
    Yay,the dvd comes out this Tuesday! I cannot wait!! I miss this show so much.

I am a huge fan of the UK version. Couple of classics said tonight. Very un-PC which is why I love it.

"Well you don't need a bloody degree in bollocks to figure that out!"

"Slower than a spastic in a magnet factory."

DI 1 "I think we need to entertain the idea."
    DI 2 "Sure, lets take it out for a prawn cocktail, nice steak and a Leibfrawine, then kick it in the gutter where it belongs."

Skinhead "You are one of us mate, we whites are more superior than them."
    DI 1 "You are no more superior than an amoeba with special needs."
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-11-2009 at 03:38 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny