Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvira

cupcake187 Guest
    saw her at comic con in san diego a few years back.. before and after make up.. she is absolutely gorgeous still... I wanted to master her tassle booby trick when I was a kid.. used to take my little spin top pencils from sanrio surprises and make them spin different ways over my little bitty tah tahs... i swore I was cool..

simon69 Guest

Elviraā?¯ is Coming Back to TV on Sept. 25!

simon69 Guest
    After a long absence from television, Elvira is storming back this fall with a new TV showcase.
    Tentatively titled "Elvira's Movie Macabre," the new series will feature 26 two hour horror films, hosted by the Mistress of the Dark herself. The series will air on THIS! Television and in national syndication through its distributor, Trifecta Entertainment.
    "Elvira will be every bit as relevant as the first day she burst onto the scene; a beautiful opinionated woman who always delivers just what her audience expects from her," offered Trifecta CEO, Hank Cohen. "At Trifecta, we take pride in bringing proven and trusted brands to the syndicated marketplace; Elvira is a time-tested and wildly successful brand unto herself and her new show perfectly exemplifies our strategy."
    Elvira was first created and performed by actress Casandra Peterson back in 1981, when she was chosen to host a revival of "The Vampira Show" that eventually became the original "Elvira's Movie Macabre." Peterson's Elvira became quickly known for her distinctive makeup, sexy outfits and her sharp valley girl wit. During the '80s, Peterson frequently appeared as Elvira on "The Tonight Show" and several other TV talk shows, as well as several national ad campaigns for Coors Light and Mug Root Beer.
    Elvira reached the peak of her popularity in 1988 when Peterson starred and co-wrote the feature film, "Elvira: Mistress of the Dark." The character also spawned multiple comic book series, action figures, trading cards, pinball machines, perfumes and even a wildly popular Halloween costume.
    Cassandra remains on board the new "Elvira's Movie Macabre" series as both a writer and producer, in addition to her title role. Ted Biaselli is also attached as a producer, along with Executive Producer, Anita First.
    "Elvira's Movie Macabre" will debut the weekend of September 25.

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest
    Elvira, the legendary campy horror movie host, is coming back to TV this Fall on THIS cable network (check your local cable service provider) for 26 new horror host shows! The series launches on the weekend of September 25 and is already cleared in 80% of the country. Here is a list of all THIS' fun shows. See Elvira's Official Website for more about the new horror show! Join Elvira's Facebook page, which has all the latest news and photos! See article on Crave Online.

Elvira, real name Cassandra Peterson, 58, broke into the Hollywood scene after hosting a local Hollywood Horror movie show in 1981 as the character Elvira and has grown to become a household name. According to her website, Elvira "was the first horror host ever to be syndicated nationally and has emerged as one of the most original and outrageous characters in popular culture today."

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Love her and her kooky presenting! Last time i saw her on tv was on the girls of the playboy mansion and she was so funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heavenly Tiger Guest

Best TV news I have heard lately. She is still beautiful too.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Whoo! Elvira...man, I've adored her, and her portrayer Cassandra Peterson, since I was just a little kid. Some good times on the way if she's back on TV!

doyleloyal Guest
    thank god SOMETHING good is coming on tv this fall!!! love her...

Giada Guest
    "Elvira," ... the mistress of camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

"Oom papa mow wow."
    Last edited by Giada; 08-22-2010 at 06:47 PM.

She was in PeeWees Big Adventure:

Here she is on the cover of an early Tom Waits album:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    This isn't a bad pic...I think she looks fantastic.
    I Think see looks fantastic too.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I met her years ago at a classic car show. She could not have been nicer, just lovely.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly Tiger View Post

Best TV news I have heard lately. She is still beautiful too.
    Nice one, she is so beautiful in any age.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.