View Poll Results: What Do You Believe In?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • God

54 65.85%
  • Jesus

47 57.32%
  • heaven/hell

39 47.56%
  • afterlife

52 63.41%
  • reincarnation

28 34.15%
  • ghosts

51 62.20%
  • aliens

29 35.37%
  • Bigfoot

14 17.07%
  • Loch Ness Monster

16 19.51%
  • I believe in none of the above

8 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 15 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Believe In? - Faith/Religious/Spiritual Issues

BeanBoyGirl Guest

What Do You Believe In? - Faith/Religious/Spiritual Issues

My whole life I have found it amazingly odd that SO many YOUNG famous famous stars died between 1920 and 1970, these 50 years I believe is when the Devil him self was allowed to come up and make deals with people. I think he made a deal with God, or the good person who rules the universe whatever you want to believe. I think this evil thing was able to say ok you will have wealth and fame for a while until I choose to take your life, you will not know when or how but it will happen tragicly ensuring you a legend.

knothere Guest
    wtf lol
    well he skipped me
    n i left plenty of emails

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    Well were you around during the time period? I think he chose troubled souls.

knothere Guest
    1920 - 1970 covers alota ppl yes i was around then lol

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    Well I am sorry he didn't pick you Actually I am not, or you would not be here posting with me!!

I dont think its the devil killing the young stars. Its too much money too young to know right from wrong. If I had Paris Hiltons money when I was 21 I wouldnt have made it to 27.

Snoopy Guest
    I agree 100% JefeStone! too much money, too much fame too fast..gone too fast!

Danny62 Guest
    I refer to them as shooting stars!

I mean if you have seen a shooting star in the sky you get my point!

Burns the brightest...then fades out fast!!!

If more people died between 1920 and 1970 it was probably because the industry & the parents weren't as educated and aware on how to handle children in entertainment and vice versa, children didn't know how to handle themselves after the fame ended. I mean that time period was basically the start of it all.. without their mistakes the current clan of child stars (1970 - 2007) would go through the same thing and some still do. If you look at cases such as Johnathan Brandis, Glenn Quinn, Dana Plato and others "the DEVIL is still making his deals" and/or the children are just misled and don't know how to handle "REALITY". That's my theory... who's comin' with me
    Last edited by Jason; 10-11-2007 at 12:49 PM.

mommafreak Guest
    We are all given free will to make choices. Can children/teens/young adults (even some older adults) make good choices? Nope! The devil knows our weaknesses and temps us. How many of us are strong and can fight the macinations of the devil? The devil can mislead and this is where we stumble, some just go way overboard and then it's too late. I have mixed feelings about this. I guess cause I grew up responsible enough, thank you mom and dad, looking at the entire pie, not just one piece and knowing and understanding the ramifications of my choices, who are they going to affect, cause it isn't just going to be me. We all live in the "Real" world, not just tv shows, reality shows are not reality. Anyways.............. my 2 cents.

erin Guest
    i truly beleive it's the parents' responisibilty to teach your child right from wrong, and how to deal with the consequences when you make a bad choice. yes, it is ultimately the child's choice, but at least the parents will have educated the child, or at least did their best. education and a loving environment hardly ever end up with a dead child, in my experience.

mommafreak Guest
    I agree Erin, however, my 17 yearold daughter, what a hard head she has. I've got a 16, 17 and 18, and i'm teaching and guiding them all the same, the best I can, but my 17 year old, sheesh, the choices she makes, it's not life or death situations, but just stupid choices, affecting her education. we as parents can only do so much. wish i could hold their hands forever. it's hard to let go, but i am.... some wild streaks are fuled by their peers I suppose.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    I agree Erin, however, my 17 yearold daughter, what a hard head she has. I've got a 16, 17 and 18, and i'm teaching and guiding them all the same, the best I can, but my 17 year old, sheesh, the choices she makes, it's not life or death situations, but just stupid choices, affecting her education. we as parents can only do so much. wish i could hold their hands forever. it's hard to let go, but i am.... some wild streaks are fuled by their peers I suppose.
    Holy crap, 16, 17, and 18 year olds? My hat's off to you for dealing with them! I did a LOT of stupid and irresponsible stuff when I was a teenager that I couldn't even fathom doing now, and when I hear teenagers talking about things that weren't quite as irresponsible as things I did and they were older when talking about it than I was when doing it, I just think, ugh, they're just kids, what are they thinking? They shouldn't even know about [fill in the blank.] Anyway, MOST of the time, at least with me and most of my friends from then, people get better and grow up and become responsible, but statistics say some kids have got to mess up so badly they can't come back from it.

mommafreak Guest

Smile 16,17,18 Year old

Thanks. It's been rough, being a single mom raising them, however, they are all good kids, make good choices for the most part. The middle one is just a wild child.......... hmmm, sounds like me when I was 17/18. Am I experiencing divine retribuion? Thanks for the kind words though.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Well, I'd imagine it's been a long few years and it will be a long few more but the middle one will calm down! I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job with all three of them!

erin Guest
    I can't imagine having to raise 3 teenagers at once, alone. You must have done something right sonce they all are good kids. My hat's off. I am dreading the teenage years. My girls are only 6 and 8, and my God, what a time they are already giving me!

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I dont think its the devil killing the young stars. Its too much money too young to know right from wrong. If I had Paris Hiltons money when I was 21 I wouldnt have made it to 27.

I agree! I say the same thing about myself........

Genevieve Guest
    Well, in response to the poster I'd say that in that time period there were a few reasons that big name celebrities died at younger than average ages. First of all poor health care, this killed Valentino and Harlow, nowadays stars have health checks for insurance purposes and this means any diseases are recognised and treated. Secondly a general attitude towards smoking and drinking that has changed now, big name Hollywood actors knocked back the whisky and smoked cigarettes like mad. They had a lot of money and besides fags and booze were cheaper back then anyway - this killed Bogart and Gable among many others. Drugs were shovelled into them to help them sleep, lose weight or stay perky. That's the Judy Garland story. I don't know why that started but we wouldn't do it now but I don't know if drug taking is more or less prevalent now. Finally cars did not have the safety features they have now, no seat belts, the heavy metal steering wheels and other fittings were lethal enough - now we have air bags. The rich and famous could afford these luxuries that did them no good. I'm also guessing that coming out of a depression and two world wars if you found yourself making big money all of a sudden in a dream job you might work yourself to the point of exhaustion to make the most of your fame. Stress is not good for the health either and contributes to dependency.

seamuskaxen Guest
    It´s hard to compare the two "Era´s", even if people still uses drugs today, they know more about how it affects the body. They haven´t always known that, I mean they use to be able to smoke in hospital and actually thought that some drugs that are illegal now, was good for you.

knothere Guest
    jason8478 so true
    they thow it at u n poof its gone n no one knows how to handle it
    parental pressure is part to blame especially when they spend all the money their kids made
    did u hear about the youngest kid from tool tim n his divorce.... yukky

knothere Guest
    tool time

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    jason8478 so true
    they thow it at u n poof its gone n no one knows how to handle it
    parental pressure is part to blame especially when they spend all the money their kids made
    did u hear about the youngest kid from tool tim n his divorce.... yukky
    No I haven't. I think everyone who transitions from a child to an adult has a lot of CRAP to go through and some of these Child Stars think they are exempt from that and so they act out when times get rough. For the most part it is the parents to blame but I am sure there are some cases out there that are just nuts regardless of how solid a foundation was set.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-12-2007 at 06:12 AM.

mommafreak Guest
    What is the difference between a parent of a non-famous child and a parent of a famous child? They both have the same responsibilities.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    I still think it was the devil, Jayne Mansfield most def made a pact with the devil so her daughter could be famous and her self. She said it her self, and it happend.

knothere Guest
    o for GOD'S sake it's not the devil lol

anyways the youngest son on Tool Time had a messy marriage
    married an old broad n his family didn't like it
    n poof money's gone n she divirced him n he snaped n trashed the home n hes not the cute lil kid he used to be

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    o for GOD'S sake it's not the devil lol

You mean celebs have problems like everyday "normal" people.......nooooo way!
    Last edited by Lifeisafataldisease; 10-12-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I refer to them as shooting stars!

I mean if you have seen a shooting star in the sky you get my point!

Burns the brightest...then fades out fast!!!

Ohhh very good point! I would have to agree.

miamore73 Guest
    What is the difference between a parent of a non-famous child and a parent of a famous child? They both have the same responsibilities.

I think parents of famous children have a little bit more of a responsibility. I have a 14 year old and my 14 year won't come into contact with alot of the things and people that Brittney Spears, Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton may have come into contact with at 14.

I think there is a difference.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miamore73 View Post
    I have a 14 year old and my 14 year won't come into contact with alot of the things and people that Brittney Spears, Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton may have come into contact with at 14.

I wouldnt be putting any money on that! Let alone beleiving that theory

knothere Guest
    ok what's the diff between rich n poor....( ok big difference lol)
    should that hinder the principles that u raise ur kids on

Porcelain Guest

Coincidence?

Last night my grandfather was driving home from work and saw a man on the side of the road who had gotten his car stuck in the snow. My grandfather tried to help the guy out, but instead got his truck stuck in the snow too. He went up to the first house he saw to ask to use the phone. It turns out that the guy who lived there was an old friend that my grandfather hadn't seen in years. He said that he could help them out. So the old friend, we'll just call him "Bill", helped pull both cars out of the snow. Bill stopped to talk with my grandfather for about five minutes to catch up on old times, and then suddenly dropped to the ground. When the ambulance arrived, he had no pulse. He was revived, however, and sent to the hospital. I hate to think what would have happened if he had been alone that night.

So my question for you is... do you think everything is just coincidence? Or do you think that things happen for a reason?

Bigfoot Guest
    I think God put his hand in all the situation. Glad everything worked out well.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I think everything happens for a reason.....don`t always understand it, but hey, I don`t understand reality TV either....

WendyK Guest
    Wow that is strange.I am glad your grandfather was there. I think everything happens for a reason, sometimes I have a hard time understanding those reason's but usually you figure it out at some point in your life.

panda Guest
    I think all things happen for a reason. It was not Bill's time to leave this life so your grandfather & the original stranded guy were sent to help.

bluebear71 Guest
    I don't believe that everything happens according to a pre-determined destiny or plan, but I DO believe that God, opens doors for us that we may choose to walk through. Sometimes those paths can take us in some pretty amazing directions. And He does intervene from time to time, as long as we are open to it. But we are ultimately at the mercy of our own free will.

37. 12-17-2007, 09:38 AM

An elderly man was resting at home then was unexpectedly asked to go outside and help pull two cars out of the snow? That sounds like the catalyst for the heart attack to me. If there were no excitement that day, he probably wouldn't have had it.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    An elderly man was resting at home then was unexpectedly asked to go outside and help pull two cars out of the snow? That sounds like the catalyst for the heart attack to me. If there were no excitement that day, he probably wouldn't have had it.
    I know, and the shock of meeting someone they hadn't seen in years!
    Poor old guy would have been better off it he'd been left alone!

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I think God put his hand in all the situation. Glad everything worked out well.
    I second that . Sometimes, we say angels are watching out for us. But I've said it before, that was probably Jesus Christ Himself at work there. I'm so thankful that if this thing were going to happen, that your family was in the right place when it did, stuck in the snow included.

So going out in the snow and all the excitement had nothing to do with it? And what about all the people that die alone? It's kind of scary that God picks and chooses who He helps. This guy that had a relatively long life has an old friend show up to save him while a hundred newborn babies that never had a chance to live die in trash bins and fast food restrooms because nobody happened to come by?

Anyway, no need to indict the Supreme Being, since, like I said, the heart attack was probably caused by that night's events.

Thanks for instantly tearing down all of the magical thoughts we had Nick... JOY KILLER!!!

<I actually tend to favor your opinion on this one>

djdeath-hag Guest
    It is nice though that old friends were ruinited.....more so, for Porceline's grandfather than Bill. Moral of the story: Never miss a chance to help out an old friend....you might otherwise never get to go for an ambulance ride....or hear that time honored phrase, "CLEAR".

Porcelain Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He wasn't asked to pull the cars out, he offered to help. He has some equipment and is also a maintenance and repair worker. This guy isn't that old, I'd say about 50. But I understand what your saying. I just thought it was weird and that I should share it with you guys.

Kathyf Guest
    i think it was a total intervention of some kind.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    I know, and the shock of meeting someone they hadn't seen in years!
    Poor old guy would have been better off it he'd been left alone!
    Not necessarily. His heart was obviously weak and, if he hadn't exerted himself then, with people there to help him, it would probably have happened soon, possibly when there would have been no one around. Just a thought...

I love these things.

On the surface they look like miracles, but most of the time they're really the result of what Curtis and Nick describe here.

Once in awhile there are miracles. I just don't think this is one of them.

RoRo Guest
    I pretty much believe everything is fate, but thats pretty cool. I agree with Nick though the heart attack probably would have happened soon anyway

49. 12-17-2007, 10:56 PM

itsintheeyes Guest
    Reminds me of this scene in the parking lot of a grocery store the other day:

Lady #1: Oh my god, I haven't seen you in the longest time. What are you doing here?!?

Lady #2: We're shopping!

Lady #1: Well, I can't believe it!

Me in car thinking to myself: What! You can't believe that this person needs to get fucking bread!

Coincidence or divine intervention. You decide.

Chascsq Guest
    Yep God's work all right.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Jason made another stupid post, and I farted. two assholes talking shit. coincidence?