View Poll Results: What Do You Believe In?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • God

54 65.85%
  • Jesus

47 57.32%
  • heaven/hell

39 47.56%
  • afterlife

52 63.41%
  • reincarnation

28 34.15%
  • ghosts

51 62.20%
  • aliens

29 35.37%
  • Bigfoot

14 17.07%
  • Loch Ness Monster

16 19.51%
  • I believe in none of the above

8 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Believe In? - Faith/Religious/Spiritual Issues

Yep, I went through the same thing for SEVEN long years and I only began to come out of it about this time last year.

Turns out when you are feeling warm and fuzzy with God, that is called consolation. But when you feel like He's not there, that is called desolation. Most people go through both on and off throughout their lives. My mentor told me that when we are in consolation, we are the ones getting the benefit of having a kind, loving and merciful God. But when we are in desolation, God is getting the benefit that we still love Him even when we feel He's not there. I always thought that was kind of cool.

BTW, there are many Saints who have been in desolation for DECADES at a time. No matter, as they still ended up as Saints!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I always try to remember that God never gives you more than you can handle.

Sphr798 Guest
    Don't lose faith. Sometimes it's Satan and sometimes you're being tested. What smellslikealmonds says is true and I can only add that when God closes a door he opens a window. Put whatever it is in God's hands.

John Connor Guest
    I lose my faith in humanity at times but never in G-D.

Old Soul Guest
    For me i KNOW there is a God i am just really confused about there being a female aspect. Traditions i grew up with have little practical application i was berated by moms religion, and her idea of God and i dont think that fits for me anymore. I think though that our purpose in life is to be long suffering for your fellow humans and good stewards to the planet. I dont think spirituality and religion are the same thing, so if your loosing a part of your religous beliefs, that doesnt necessarily mean you dont believe in God, or have lost your spirituality.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Hun, I know where you are coming from. I am in one of the hardest times of my whole life right now, and its so out of comtrol and spilraling it seems, but He has control.
    There is a South African evangalist, Herman Strydom, awesome man, awesome speaker. He told me once, "God brings you thru these hard times. He knows you have strength in Him. He brings you thru them, so you, in return can lead others out".
    So, I have always looked at it like that, and in the future, when I see someone going thru what I have been thru, I can tell them, it does INDEED get better, just remember where your strength lies. Because hearing it from someone who has never been thru it, makes it almost empty, but seeing someone go thru the fire, and come out the other end, gives you hope.
    Its all part of His plan...and I know it does not make it easier, but you will see it later.
    I am always just a pm away if you need to talk!

Hugs from me and Monster Baby!

Noelle Page Guest
    No, I never have. Even through the worst. In fact, that's when it's been strongest.

Doubt must be a terrible feeling. Open your heart and listen, is all I can say. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I always try to remember that God never gives you more than you can handle.
    I've always felt the opposite. God ALWAYS gives you more than you can handle, so that you are forced to come to HIM for help. He wants a relationship with us so much that He will do whatever is needed to get our attention.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

I think God is a myth something someone invented a long long time ago and it's been instilled in every child born throughout the years, I believe in spirits and afterlife etc but not necessarily a God, and if i'm wrong and he/she/it really exists then God can tell me I told you so if i get to meet him/her/it on the other side

ShatteredMirror Guest
    It's strange, I'm not a particularly religious person at all but on the very rare occasions when the chips have been down, I mean really down, I do think to myself "God make it better."
    Maybe it's just a subconscious thing, a comfort and refuge of some sort... who knows? But fundamentally I do reach out to something.
    Last edited by ShatteredMirror; 09-25-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Armcast Guest
    I lost my faith a long time ago...

Honey, I've been there. I am praying for you right now that the heaviness in your heart is lifted, and that the light of God fills the void.

Losing it is an 80s movie with Tom Cruise and Shelly Long. If that doesnt make you doubt the existance of a god then you have unshakable faith.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

lobosco107 Guest

What Do You Believe In?

I figured this was a cool poll to do. What do you believe in? You can vote for as many choices as apply to you...

ROCK THE VOTE!

Seagorath Guest
    Ghosts.

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    this thread could get tense quickly but im not like that so ill vote and leave before it happens

Noelle Page Guest
    First four.

Danny62 Guest
    Other than the first two I believe in everything! with the world the way it is I wonder about the first two....

Well since I was born in Scotland would have to say
    the Loch Ness Monster.
    But just to be safe I believe in all of the above.

RoRo Guest
    I believe in the first 7 and I so wanna believe in Nessie and Bigfoot

Carrie Guest
    I believe anything is possible, so I believe in 'em all.

I believe its kinda strange that more people (so far) believe in ghosts than in God. lol

insanejeff Guest
    I only chose 'aliens'. The reason is simple: I believe it's far more possible that life such as ours exists on some other planet than any of the other stuff which doesn't make scientific sense to me.

A month ago I was agnostic but some deep thought has changed my mind and now I'm pretty much full-fledged athiest, though I don't like that word. It implies that I'm against something which others are for, which is not the case.. I simply don't believe in fairy tales until there's proof

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejeff View Post
    I only chose 'aliens'. The reason is simple: I believe it's far more possible that life such as ours exists on some other planet than any of the other stuff which doesn't make scientific sense to me.

A month ago I was agnostic but some deep thought has changed my mind and now I'm pretty much full-fledged athiest, though I don't like that word. It implies that I'm against something which others are for, which is not the case.. I simply don't believe in fairy tales until there's proof
    Thank you...I'm glad I'm not the only one...I just picture them sittin up there thinkin, GEEEZ, them is some DUMB apemen...There has to be more somewhere...

so thats why they havent taken over earth yet their standards are to high

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsguardianstalkr View Post
    so thats why they havent taken over earth yet their standards are to high
    They are just sittin up there on their highly developed planet thinkin that we are no better than a nest of mice...

well i say blah to them its their lose our women are way better looking

malaki Guest
    I believe in most, however I hope, hope, hope the after life is real there is so many people/pets I want to see again...

**Jenna** Guest
    I believe in all except for bigfoot,the lockness monster and hell.

Screwtape Guest
    I believe in none of the above.

Dying Breath Guest
    [SIZE=2] "Well, I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot ... opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. " [/SIZE]

Screwtape Guest
    I see Jesus is ahead of God. How does that work exactly?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I believe in God, Jesus, heaven/hell, afterlife, ghosts and the possibility that there are "things" out there that have yet to be discovered (ie Bigfoot)

Definitely believe in ghosts, since I've witnessed stuff.

God - not so much...

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    I chose god, but only based around agnostic beliefs that something created life and the universe as we know it. Ghost, Aliens and afterlife is an obvious given for me.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    I'm a contradiction in terms, I guess, believing in God, Jesus, heaven/hell, afterlife AND ghosts.

Well, at least the Jesus freaks would call me as such. They'd be all over me for that shit.

jeca Guest
    Ghosts, aliens, reincarnation, the afterlife, bigfoot, and loch ness. I'm up in the air about God and jesus and heaven/hell. I'd like to believe, and I think I do somewhere in the back of my mind, but with everything in this world the way it is, it's hard.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I checked God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, and ghosts. Can you believe in God and believe in ghosts?

39. 10-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I checked God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, and ghosts. Can you believe in God and believe in ghosts?

u can believe in whatever u want.... one of my friends lists her religion as pixies

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Well it's not on the list but...
    I believe for every drop of rain that falls
    A flower grows
    I believe that somewhere in the darkest night
    A candle glows

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Noelle Page Guest
    "Every time I hear a newborn baby cry....."

(next~)

I think this somes up what I belive in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktW3byqdOs
    Not really but its still pretty damn good
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    [SIZE=2] "Well, I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot ... opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. " [/SIZE]
    Dammit! You stole my quote!!!

kimba Guest
    Then I saw her face
    Now I'm a believer (hey)
    Not a trace (uh, yeah)
    Of doubt in my mind (one more time)
    I'm in love
    I'm a believer (come on)

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe,

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
    (I'm a believer)

Y'all sing it with me!!!!

marimbagirl Guest

Oh My Freaking God

Have you ever been so mad about something that you're just numb? I think I'm at the point today.

I have a facebook profile and on there I list myself as Agnostic. I've been an agnostic since I was 13 years old. My dad accepts it and my mother confuses me for an athiest. No big deal, I try and correct her and she seems alright with certain things. I just tell her that I don't believe in any one religion and would like to keep an open mind.

Then comes last night when she asks me while we're cooking what an agnostic is. I tell her and she starts to tell me that my sister-in-law called her the other day, expressing how upsetting it was to see me listed as an agnostic on the website and how she really needed to talk to me about my religious preference. It was just a horrible thing, so the next thing out of my mother's mouth is that I'm going to hell.

Ummmm...number one, who is my SIL to tell me what religion I can celebrate? What power does she have? Furthermore, why is it any of her business?

So, I'm spending my morning printing things off about what agnosticism is and I will be giving it to my mother the next time that I see her, but I am so completely mad that my SIL thinks that she has the right to say to my mother. I know my father completely agreed with me when I asked why she thought that she had the power to change anything about my life.

GEH! SO FREAKING MAD!

Gorey Guest
    Tell your SIL to Fuck off and your mom that there might not be a Hell.
    And you're right, It's none of their business.

hoxharding Guest
    It is not their business and how dare she say where you are or are not going? How does she know Hell is there and what(if it exists) what the criteria is to get into the place?
    Your SIL should just mind her own business.

Ask your Mom if she'd like to hear about FSM.....

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Why can't people mind their own business? Tell her to eat shit.

People like you SIL really piss me of. Why would she be upset to see you listed as being agnostic? What business is it to her what you believe or not? She probably has too much time on her hands.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...