Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Hudson's Mother, Brother and Nephew Murdered

Lita Guest
    I'm with you, Dearheart! The only good thing I can say about this POS is that he didn't kill himself. At least he's going to face the punishment for his crime. I hope he gets tortured slowly and for a long time in prison.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    My heart goes out to Jennifer and her family. What a horrible thing to happen. I am wondering though why Jennifer had to identify her family. The boy's father should have identified the little boy - it is a very tramaic experience to go through. As I mentioned on another thread about my brother, I had to identify him and it will stay with me forever. I am just wondering why a male member of her family didn't do the I.D.ing. I am sure she had family with her, but why put her through it? Going through all that with her mom and brother should have been enough. Very sad.
    She may have insisted on seeing them, you know how some people are.

Desertrose Guest
    I wouldn't have insisted on seeing any family member that way - the I.D. process is horrible. Hope she had a lot of support - it could mess her up - especially seeing her nephew. I I.D. my brother simply because there was no one else to do it - believe me, if someone else had been around I would have sent them in, not me.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My thoughts and prayers for Julia and Jennifer.

Maybe Jennifer volunteered to ID so Julia wouldn't have to?

But couldn't they get a family friend, a minister, a cousin, someone else to do the ID?

She may have volunteered to ID them to spare her sister further pain.

Many prayers for the whole family.

Desertrose Guest
    She sounds like she is a very strong woman. My heart goes out to the entire family.

monroe27 Guest
    I just keep sitting here in disbelief. Why would someone do this? This is an awful tragedy. I was hoping so much that this little boy would be found alive. I just don't even know what to say. Poor Julia, her mom, brother, and her baby. And Jennifer. What a thing to go through, id-ing your young nephew, and losing your mom, brother as well. This story is so so sad. How anyone could live with themselves after taking innocent peopls lives is beyond me. I will keep the Hudson family in my prayers. This is awful. What is this world coming too?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    This Balfour guy was on probation for attempted murder. Why did the Hudson family trust him? Chicago has become the #1 murder capitol in the U.S. Awfull, all of it.
    That's what I keep wondering. Lie down with dogs....

Quote Originally Posted by bit_evil1 View Post
    MSNBC is reporting that the child's body was on the floor of the SUV covered in plastic, shot in the back of the head. His mother or Jennifer have to go identify him...this makes me sick to my stomach
    I just can't believe it. I knew it had to be but I had hoped not.

straighta Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    This Balfour guy was on probation for attempted murder. Why did the Hudson family trust him? Chicago has become the #1 murder capitol in the U.S. Awfull, all of it.
    I'm guessing only Julia knew about his past initially. I couldn't imagine anyone telling their family right off the bat that someone has such a history.

Really, I wouldn't say the Hudson's trusted him. Perhaps they put up with him (to a certain point. . .he was eventually thrown out of the house), but i doubt very seriously if they ever trusted him.

This whole thing makes me angry. I'm not trying to point a finger at anyone, but, really, Julia shouldn't have been with someone with such a history. I mean, ATTEMPTED MURDER, for christsake! Why wouldn't you want that type of influence around your son?

at least one of william balfour's friends thinks he's guilty.
    from his myspace page:

HOW COULD YOU??? AS NICE AS I THOUGHT YOU WERE WHEN WE WOULD TALK....I MEAN...(SIGH). THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH. i REALLY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW. THE LORD KNOWS THE TRUTH EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT TALKING. YOU WILL BE FORGIVEN FOR YOUR SINS, JUST GIVE YOUR SOUL TO THE LORD.

also, his 'mood' is listed as: "forgotten "
    wtf?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by straighta View Post
    I'm guessing only Julia knew about his past initially. I couldn't imagine anyone telling their family right off the bat that someone has such a history.

Really, I wouldn't say the Hudson's trusted him. Perhaps they put up with him (to a certain point. . .he was eventually thrown out of the house), but i doubt very seriously if they ever trusted him.

This whole thing makes me angry. I'm not trying to point a finger at anyone, but, really, Julia shouldn't have been with someone with such a history. I mean, ATTEMPTED MURDER, for christsake! Why wouldn't you want that type of influence around your son?

I was thinking about this very thing earlier this morning. How we've seen so many stories in the news every day about boyfriends/stepparents/girlfriends beating/abusing/killing kids of people they are in relationships with. I am so tired of this shit that it literally sickens me to my stomach. I do feel very sad for the Hudson family right now, but why would anyone want to get involved with a person with a questionable past? Especially if you are going to have them around your kids? I am sure that these thoughts were the furthest away from Julia Hudson's mind when she met,dated, and eventually married William Balfour. She probably knew about his past but like most folks wrongly think, "I can change him/her. I can be a positive influence in this person's life." Wishful thinking at best. No one changes overnight, and people have to want to change for the better themselves. This entire series of events makes me sad for this family's loss, but mad at the same time thinking that this tragedy could probably have been avoided if Julia would have never gotten involved with William.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    She may not have known the real story. He could have fed her a line, wrongly accused, blah blah blah. People in love want to believe the best.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    She may not have known the real story. He could have fed her a line, wrongly accused, blah blah blah. People in love want to believe the best.
    Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here: there is the Internet, where you can search a person's background. You have friends, he has friends, someone undoubtedly knows his past and will talk. Not saying a person in love will think of all of these things when they first met a new boyfriend/girlfriend, but I'm throwing this out there because Julia had a son. I would think eventually anyone with kids would have someone they are seriously getting involved with checked out. I want to the believe the best of everyone I meet also, but I also know people will be people and do all kinds of things. We don't always make the best choices in life,and supposedly we learn from our mistakes. However, this situation is one hell of a way to know that you made a bad choice in choosing the wrong mate.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    So true, Mstee. I'm also naturally suspicious and nosey. She might have known and thought he'd changed, too. Regardless, as you said, one hell of a way to find out you picked badly.

I don't believe his background was any secret to Julia, or the rest of the Hudson family. From what I've read they all grew up in the same neighborhood.

He made the threats...they didn't take him seriously. Obviously a tragic mistake. As they say, the best predictor for future behavior is past behavior.

I think I read on Julia's myspace pic albums that her caption of Jennifer and William said "childhood playmates"...unless I am thinking of the wrong pic

MY HUSBAND WITH CLOTHES ON AND MY SISTER CHILDHOOD PLAYMATES

There, I found it again...so they did know him for quite a while

Pic of her brother in his suburban...is it the same one the murderer stole?...cripes this is just too sad, the pics make it worse.

This one just makes my heart hurt, what a sweet face...he didnt deserve what happened to him.

It makes my heart hurt too.

At least if it was a stranger, you could explain it away as a random violence kind of thing. To know it was someone you let in your life and trusted....just unimaginable.

shelly104 Guest
    I just dont understand why you would kill your son..

LoveRats Guest
    How on earth can anyone kill a little boy? He was fricking 7 years old... Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by shelly104 View Post
    I just dont understand why you would kill your son..
    Wasnt his son, was his wife's (estranged) son, his stepson, but I still dont get it...

To kill Jennifers Mother and Brother is hard enough but to kill a 7 year old boy is sick! I hope they catch this monster and lock him up for good! Or maybe take his life, seeing as he was happy to take 3 other people's life!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    To kill Jennifers Mother and Brother is hard enough but to kill a 7 year old boy is sick! I hope they catch this monster and lock him up for good! Or maybe take his life, seeing as he was happy to take 3 other people's life!
    Completely agree. I cant even imagine what could drive someone to do this to anyone, let alone a 7 year old child. Sick, sick, sick.

I see the little boys picture and it just breaks my heart. I personally think William Balfour had help. I was reading somewhere I think on here and they said the vehicle they found the little boy in was placed there Saturday. That William guy was arrested Friday. Something isn't adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonbutterfly View Post
    I see the little boys picture and it just breaks my heart. I personally think William Balfour had help. I was reading somewhere I think on here and they said the vehicle they found the little boy in was placed there Saturday. That William guy was arrested Friday. Something isn't adding up.
    I saw that on CNN, said they interviewed people who lived in the neighborhood and that the SUV wasnt there up until the day the police were notified, Monday morning.

KarmaKat Guest
    This evil man should be locked up and slowly tortured.
    No punishment will ever be good enough for a piece of Sh%$ like him.

Im wondering if his girlfriend was his accomplice. Wasnt he picked up at her place by the police?...I thought I read that somewhere

It's really chilling to look at the guy's mySpace page under the circumstances. He mentions his wife and step-son, and in the Details section, under Children he put "proud parent."

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    It's really chilling to look at the guy's mySpace page under the circumstances. He mentions his wife and step-son, and in the Details section, under Children he put "proud parent."

That just makes me physically ill!

This whole thing is just so sad!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    They were talking this morning on B96, which I don't normally listen to but I happened to catch some of the conversation - supposedly Julia had gone to her job Friday morning to get her paycheck and found it had been garnished. The garnishment had to do with a vehicle that Balfour had taken when they split. It must have been one of those deals where the vehicle was in her name for the loan, but he took it and said he'd make the payments after they split. She contacted him about the garnishment and there was a verbal altercation. I don't know how much is fact or not, but they seemed to be pretty down with their information.

charlietangodelta Guest
    Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

Its not looking good for Balfour but not all the details add up so personally, I wouldn't be so hasty to fry this guy!

This article from the Chicago Tribune also mentions the fight over the wage garnishment:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...west-side.html

Lita Guest
    The news mentioned an altercation over a stolen car which must be the one the garnishment was over. The picture that Julia posted of her brother had a caption under that said something like "Jason picking me up because William bitch ass stole my car". I also heard on the radio that Jennifer had tried to get her mom to move out of that neighborhood for her own safety but she refused. But, in a case like this, a move probably wouldn't have spared her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    The news mentioned an altercation over a stolen car which must be the one the garnishment was over. The picture that Julia posted of her brother had a caption under that said something like "Jason picking me up because William bitch ass stole my car". I also heard on the radio that Jennifer had tried to get her mom to move out of that neighborhood for her own safety but she refused. But, in a case like this, a move probably wouldn't have spared her life.

Sadly, there's a chance that it COULD have spared her life...or at least Julian's. On the news today they were interviewing neighbors who heard the gunshots. When asked why they didn't call the police, they said that they hear gunshots every day. It's just a part of their daily lives.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    I wouldn't have insisted on seeing any family member that way - the I.D. process is horrible. Hope she had a lot of support - it could mess her up - especially seeing her nephew. I I.D. my brother simply because there was no one else to do it - believe me, if someone else had been around I would have sent them in, not me.
    I don't think I could do it either! Some people are really strong that way, not me! I would hope they would clean the bodies up some before bringing in someone to ID them. Do all the ME's use the method of viewing the person on a tv screen now? That might be a little (very little) easier.

I was watching CNN and the statement that they had from I believe Jennifer's assistant said that they did make the ID on a TV monitor, not in the room with her family member. I think that might MIGHT make it more "easy" to deal with, but still traumatic in so many ways

Whoever did this shit - is beyond reasonable! It was sad enough when we heard about the mother and the brother, but when they threw the baby in the mix it made it WORSE!!! If this fucker was scared he was gonna get ID'd by little Julian, he shoulda just killed himself. I have no remorse for someone who murders innocent children.
    My Posse's On Broadway

GODDESS6 Guest
    this is just so damn sad~ not only taking the lives of the mother & brother, but to shoot that little boy in the head~ whoever did this is truly an evil person~ that poor child, i am sure saw what happened & was so scared~ he was such a cutie~ when his mother was pleading for his safe return, i started crying~ i just had a horrible feeling that he was gone also~

my friend lives in chicago & tho the murder rate at the time of these crimes was 400, she said it has actually went down~ she said the neighborhood was very sketchy & one wouldn't want to be caught there at night~ the neighbors seemed to really be moved by the situation tho~ my heart breaks for jennifer & her sister julia~

RaRaRamona Guest
    I wonder how long he had been dead. I see two scenarios:

1)His main target was the boy. He had killed him & was wrapping him up when the grandmother & uncle came in so he killed them too.

2)He killed those two & took the boy for whatever reason to another location. He had to have had help. But when he was arrested & the news & public went into an uproar the other person/people freaked & shot the boy & dumped him and the car. The Amber Alert probably helped with the paranoia. Maybe this person didn't know who the family was? Meaning Jennifer Hudson's kin. Something like this would have made the news regardless, but not to this degree.

Post of Julia Hudson's Myspace account

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Hudson
    "LETS SEE IM 29 YEARS OLD I HAVE ONE CHILD AND I'M ALWAYS BORED, I LOVE TO HAVE FUN EVEN START A LITTLE S*** HERE AND THEIR i HAVE TWO YOUNGER SIBLINGS MY SISTER IS JENNIFER HUDSON YES THE JENNIFER HUDSON AND MY BROTHER IS JASON,

I GUESS IT'S TIME TO UPDATE THIS WHEN I STARTED MY MYSPACE ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS TRUE , NOW BECAUSE I CHOSE TO DO WHAT WAS NATURAL TO ME AND LOVE SOMEONE , IT COST ME MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY MY WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL LOVING SUPPORTING MOTHER DARNELL, MY TRUE BLUE BABY BROTHER JASON , I LOVE U BIG BABY ...

AND LAST BUT NEVER NOT LEAST MY ONLY SON JULIAN , MY INNOCENT BABY ONE THAT WAS SHELTERED FROM ALL THE EVIL OIN THE WORLD BECAUSE WE LOVED HIM SO MUCH... BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVING SUPPORT, I KNOW SOME OF YAL HAVE YOUR OPINIONS AND YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THAT , LIKE WHY IS SHE LOGGING ON TO MYSPACE AT A TIME LIKE THIS , LET ME TELL YOU WHY I WAS HOPING THAT , THAT WAS A WAY TO MAYBE HELP ME GET MY SON, MY BABY THE ONE I CARRIED UNDER MY HEART FOR 8 1/2 MONTHS THE SON IT TOOK ME 21 HOURS OF LABOR TO BRING HERE THE SON I GREW TO KNOW AND LOVE FOR JUST A FEW MONTHS OVER 7 YEARS THATS WHY ...

AND NOW FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ACTUALLY CARED THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT , THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS , THANK YOU FOR POSTING HIS PICTURE ON YOUR PAGES AS YOUR DEFAULT PICTURE THANK YOU... BUT HIS LIL SOUL IS AT EASE, I TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT JULIAN IS WITH MY MOTHER AND MY BROTHER AND MOST OF ALL THE LORD AND NOW HE'S MY ANGEL HE'S PROTECTING ME... ..

Cataroo Guest
    I just read THIS on Perez:

Jennifer Hudson's brother in law, ex-con William Balfour, remains the #1 suspect in the triple homicide of her mother, brother and 7-year old nephew.
    And, according to police sources, it seems Balfour's girlfriend has contradicted his alibi and he's been caught in another undisclosed lie as well.
    A neighbor who lives on the same block says he remembers seeing a man he believes was Balfour drive up in a white SUV and park it on the block around Noon on Friday. That's about three hours after the murders.
    The neighbor also added that the man got out of the car carrying what looked like a bottle of liquor and then walked into the home where Balfour was later arrested that day.
    Reports claim that Balfour and Hudson's sister may have been arguing Friday morning, the day of the tragic killings. A family friend even said that Balfour had made previous threats against the family and Julian.
    Balfour is currently still being held for violating his parole on a conviction back in 1999 for attempted murder and vehicular hijacking. He served nearly seven years in prison.
    He should have spent more time in jail!
    Now, he'll be lucky to get a life sentence, if he's not executed!

Here's what I don't get. If the SUV was parked around the block from where Balfour was arrested, WHY did it take SO long to find it???

Cataroo Guest
    And now THIS is on Perez:

Parole Officials Could Have Prevented Hudson Murders!!!

We know, we know.
    Innocent until proven guilty.
    But…..
    The guy who likely killed Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and little nephew should have been behind bars for violating his probation earlier this summer. Instead, he was allowed to remain on the streets and…..
    According to a report by the Associated Press, the #1 suspect, William Balfour, was arrested for drug possession in June while out on parole.
    It's not clear why state officials didn't revoke his parole at that time.
    Balfour was doing time in jail for - among other things - attempted murder.
    Also, parole records indicate that Balfour missed a meeting with his parole agent on Friday, the day the Hudson murders took place.
    As we've previously mentioned, he's being held by authorities but hasn't been charged (yet) with the Hudson killings.
    We also don't understand why nothing was done about the previous threats he made against the Hudsons.
    Our heart aches for poor Jennifer and her sister and her entire family.

It sounds like this was a cluster-f**k to begin with.

Still, it's sad to think that this ALL could have been prevented if SOMEONE had done their job properly. I wonder if heads are gonna roll in light of THIS error ...

stacebabe Guest
    This whole story just breaks my heart. Especially for little Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by bit_evil1 View Post

This one just makes my heart hurt, what a sweet face...he didnt deserve what happened to him.
    What a beautiful angel. I can see him in heaven looking just like that.

His mom's myspace words brought tears to my eyes. Bless her sweet heart. How much tragedy can one family endure? But they must endure...they have no choice. That a$$hole wanna be gang banger took what was not his to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Malotte View Post
    They were talking this morning on B96, which I don't normally listen to but I happened to catch some of the conversation - supposedly Julia had gone to her job Friday morning to get her paycheck and found it had been garnished. The garnishment had to do with a vehicle that Balfour had taken when they split. It must have been one of those deals where the vehicle was in her name for the loan, but he took it and said he'd make the payments after they split. She contacted him about the garnishment and there was a verbal altercation. I don't know how much is fact or not, but they seemed to be pretty down with their information.
    I never listen to B96, but I wish I had today. That could be a motive, and it fits with what was said earlier about a dispute over a car.

cynnbox Guest
    about her updated myspace...
    i was reading on tmz, all the comments written after her update, people were downing her for getting on myspace and updating and how they think she may be involved...

what are your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    i was reading on tmz, all the comments written after her update, people were downing her for getting on myspace and updating and how they think she may be involved...

what are your opinions?
    Do you have a link to this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post

what are your opinions?
    I have heard this theory also, and unfortunately, nothing would surprise me anymore. To be honest - I was amazed that she was even able to give a press conference under these circumstances. Another issue that impeded all of this is the unspoken policy in the black community of "no snitching" Balfour should have been reported loooong before this, and the vehicle most likely seen, but the community has a "no snitching" code that just doesn't typically get violated, especially in the younger generation