Thread: Staph Fatalities May Exceed AIDS Deaths

attackatdawn Guest

Staph Fatalities May Exceed AIDS Deaths

This is really scary, My oldest sister almost died about 4 years ago from a Staph infection.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH...l?d=dmtICNNews

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    My father *did* die from one, months ago.

It's a quiet epidemic and has been for the past 4 -- 5 years, that hospitals are rife with not only dangerous things (reference MRSA, then keep in mind the true majority of it has been carefully kept as best as posible from press) that are killing people in unprecedented numbers. That is not opinion, that is carefully gathered data from a reporter -- me. But the health industry admins and pharmaceuticals are great at keeping it *relatively* quiet, regardless of the fact it's everywhere. And as much as I admire the nurses and CNA's who care for patients, I've yet to have seen a hospital where they have carefully observed sanitary protocols with handling patients, which is why I never leave my loved ones when they're in one.

Dad almost made it. Then the staph pneumonia took him out in less than 36 hours. I don't know the gestation period of staph, but it looked very fast, and worsened alarmingly so.

My advice is *never* leave your loved ones when they're in. There's a healthcare provider shortage in the US as many of you probably know, and most of these are 'honest' mistakes of goodhearted people who are handling too many patients. Better safe than sorry.

magblax Guest
    The staph epidemic is really scary. The scary thing is you are most likely to get it in the hospital while receiving treatment for something else.

onehunglow Guest
    I almost died from it when I was in College. I was one sick man. Moved into an apartment in Phoenix that had been empty and turned on the swamp cooler. Not air conditioning but the water cooler. It was full of bacteria and I got it in my lungs. Well were all going die, just enjoy the time were here.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I guess it's very important now to reeducate ourselves. I know lots of times, I get a little cut or a bug bite, I just ignore it.
    But if you get a break in the skin put peroxide or something on it right away!

guardmom2008 Guest
    I agree that we need to re-educate ourselves. My nephew had this blind pimple so he thought, well he went to the doctor who said that it was just a bug bite, he wasn't satisfied with that answer so he went to another doctor who told him that is was MRSA, we are so glad that he went for another opinion. I believe that you can never be too careful.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    This stuff is NASTY! I had it in my sinuses when I was in my twenties...I worked in a nursing home and a few of us kept gettin sick...They failed to tell us that the people we were caring for on an entire wing was eat up with it...My nose would bleed non stop and my head would hurt so bad that I thought I would die...They did nasal swabs on all the employees that worked that particular hall and only two of us tested postive...They wouldn't pay for my medical care because they said that they didn't know where we caught it...DUH! Why would you do nasal swabs on an entire hall worth of employees...I don't EVER want that again...

straighta Guest

My boyfriends father almost died from one a few weeks ago. He got it from an IV after he had heart surgery. It messed him up so badly he is in rehab now because he is so weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Jazbabee Guest
    If the public only knew the incidentrate of staph infections in hospitals, they just wouldn't want to go there at all. Staph infections are the #1 cause for re-admittance besides what you were originally admitted or, and it has quite a high mortality rate attached to it. Staph and MRSA are no joke !!!