Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    What is a Jonas Brother Band? Is it something like The Naked Brothers Band? And is it just me or does that name seem a little too suggestive for a kids show about some faggy little band of shitheaded children?
    Based on the top of my head (because I really don't want to research them), they're just your average band. Nothing special for people to get worked up over. I guess they are kind of like Naked Brothers Band. They are trying to appeal to the younger generation or new listeners. You would think that people my age (or slightly younger) would listen to this. But I do not. And I never will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Brothers (if you still don't know). They're really not that great, crazy fans can just calm down now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I just pray that we're not entering a new generation that will only like musicians or actors only because of their looks or appeal...or else music will never be the same again.

By the way, I also cannot stand any Emo bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Based on the top of my head (because I really don't want to research them), they're just your average band. Nothing special for people to get worked up over. I guess they are kind of like Naked Brothers Band. They are trying to appeal to the younger generation or new listeners. You would think that people my age (or slightly younger) would listen to this. But I do not. And I never will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Brothers (if you still don't know). They're really not that great, crazy fans can just calm down now.
    I see; commercial crap geared for tweeners. It seems to me kids will buy and enjoy pretty much anything marketed towards them. If they came out with a product called frozen shitcycles kids would buy it. Kids are horrible foul little creatures for the most part.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I see; commercial crap geared for tweeners. It seems to me kids will buy and enjoy pretty much anything marketed towards them. If they came out with a product called frozen shitcycles kids would buy it. Kids are horrible foul little creatures for the most part.
    They are foul...especially the ones nowadays who will fall victim to anything. Songs nowadays (especially from bands or musicians with Disney) are just plastic and tasteless.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Creed!!!

frosty Guest
    Well i'm from Liverpool, and i can't stick the beatles at all, individually they have come up with some great stuff.
    And Oasis, what a load of crap, all the posturing and swagger, which unfortunately effects a lot of bands these days.

fultondyke Guest
    I gotta say, I see some people dissing some bands that are great, and that you gotta give some props to (Example: Beatles--and I'm not talking about all their songs--particularly the early 'poppie' ones like I wanna Hold Your Hand, but I honestly think songs like The Long and Winding Road, Let it Be,or In My Life are GREAT songs) ANYWAY...since this is about bands I HATE:

Motley Crue--The only memorable thing about them is Vince Neil killing people in his drunken head-on colision, and (of course) Tommy's schlong ( as featured in his 'touching' honeymoon video with Pamela)
    Marilyn Manson--don't EVEN get me started
    Justin Timberlake/Jonas Brothers/Brittney Spears/Menudo/Donny Osmand/Etc.,Etc.--Who ( with many more I didn't mention) are just MARKETING causing NOISE POLLUTION to sell MERCHANDISE...the terms talent and music DO NOT APPLY!
    Limb Bizkit--As someone already mentioned:FRED DURST..enough said
    Any and All "DEATH METAL" bands/incarnations--just a bunch of sreaming/howling/gutteral wailing bullshit design to fan the flames of male teenage depression and nihilism
    Those are the ones that come up just off the top of my head...

DexterFan Guest
    Creed

The Veronicas

Godsmack

lolly89 Guest
    30 seconds to mars would definately be high on my list. Jared Douchbag...just dont even get me started!

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Billy Joel....well that's the big mystery to me. It's amazing how many people enjoy a glorified lounge singer.
    Did you know that he tried to commit suicide by swallowing furniture polish? Hehe.

Noelle Page Guest
    Fleetwood Mac always left me cold. Just tonight, for about the millionth time, I switched stations when "Rhiannon" came on the car radio.

Well, it's not a band, but PINK thinks she's a 'rock star', and I can't stand her rude ass.

STRAIGHT Guest
    Here's a few I don't care for in no particular order.

1.)Kiss
    2.)The Grateful Dead
    3.)R.E.O. Speedwagon
    4.)Styx

guardmom2008 Guest
    I have to agree. The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    Here's a few I don't care for in no particular order.

1.)Kiss
    2.)The Grateful Dead
    3.)R.E.O. Speedwagon
    4.)Styx
    I agree and I would add BTO

I'm probobly gonna get alot of hate mail over this but I hate every word that Mick Jagger yelps out of his fuckin pie hole. If a hole swallowed up the Rolling Stones I would pop some of the best screw top champagne I could get my hands on.

Noelle Page Guest
    That's ok, jerseysucks. This is a thread where we're free to do this.

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    The most overated group ever in my opinion is KISS. I think that they suck big time and Gene Simmons is one major tool also.
    I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.. KISS is absolutely the worst, over-rated band EVER!!!! Gene Simmons runs a close second behind Ten Nugent (IMHO) as my most loathed celebrity/personality ever...

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Most anything recorded in the last ten years is total JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where'd you find the time to listen to everything?

Quote Originally Posted by RIPWELLSTONE View Post
    I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.. KISS is absolutely the worst, over-rated band EVER!!!! Gene Simmons runs a close second behind Ten Nugent (IMHO) as my most loathed celebrity/personality ever...
    They are horrible. Wrap them very tightly in plastic and then beat them to death with aluminum baseball bats, paying care attention to smash the head beyond its recognizable form. The wrapping in plastic helps to prevent large messes to clean.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I disagree on the Kiss bashing, along with Thin Lizzy, they are the godfathers of the whole glam metal genre, they kept rockin in 76 when everyone else in music was either doing the hustle or playing that pretentious prog rock crap like Yes or ELP. Even Zeppelin was getting boring by then. The only good that came out of that whole Prog rock phase was the spawning of punk rock by people that realized that rock music had lost all balls.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    They are horrible. Wrap them very tightly in plastic and then beat them to death with aluminum baseball bats, paying care attention to smash the head beyond its recognizable form. The wrapping in plastic helps to prevent large messes to clean.
    Hahaha They aren't that bad are they? Gene Simmons IS a wanker, and his boasting about how many women he has bedded made me puke, but i have to disagree and say...

KISS rocks!

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    If you are a glutton for punishment (ha, your avatar), you have got to watch "Decline of Western Civilization, Part II, The Metal Years" Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are interviewed for this documentary.. You better have a bucket handy!!!!!
    Last edited by RIPWELLSTONE; 11-14-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: used wrong word..

John Connor Guest
    Gene Simmons is a pompous windbag and Paul Stanley is an old queen. KISS had a few good tunes but I cannot stand Gene Simmons.

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tingles View Post
    Hahaha They aren't that bad are they? Gene Simmons IS a wanker, and his boasting about how many women he has bedded made me puke, but i have to disagree and say...

KISS rocks!
    OK so maybe Kiss isn't the WORST band musically, but to me they represent ALL that is loathsome in music.. All flash and NO substance.. They made millions on their "cool image" and that whole absurd Kiss Army thing.. If they spent more time trying to make better music, and less on that goofy make-up, and getting laid (or bragging about it) they might have been a half-decent band!!! ALL HAT AND NO TROUSER!!!!!

Tebssis Guest
    Never cared much for Kiss either, and thought the Rolling Stones ripped off their fans by repeatedly putting the same material on different albums instead of completely new songs. I think that's lazy and greedy.
    I never could listen to Duran Duran after Diane Downs tried to kill her kids. They were her favorite band and was listening to Hungry like a Wolf when she shot them. I know it's not their fault, but was never a big fan of their songs anyway, sounded too commercial for me, no heart to their music and now that I associate them and that song with DD, well, wouldn't mind not ever hearing them again.

A few bands/solo acts that annoy me:

Dave Matthews Band - I've never heard anything from him that I liked.

John Mayer - Highly overrated guitarist

Ozzie Osborne - Some good songs, especially the Zakk Wylde stuff, but the guy annoys the hell out of me.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - OK in his own right, but please don't put him in the same class as Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Eric Clapton - Another overrated player. Lost his cajones after he left Cream.

Cataroo Guest
    If you are a glutton for punishment (ha, your avitar), you have got to watch "Decline of Western Civilization, Part II, The Metal Years" Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are interviewed for this documentary.. You better have a bucket handy!!!!!
    I just watched that today on cable!!

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    I just watched that today on cable!!
    Wasn't that movie a RIOT!!!! I have watched that movie a dozen times and it never fails to amuse!!!!!
    Last edited by RIPWELLSTONE; 11-14-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Cataroo Guest
    Wasn't that movie a RIOT!!!! I have watched that movie a dozen times and it never fails to amuze!!!!!
    I love watching it and wondering WTF happened to 99% of all the people in it!

The first "Decline" movie was great as well! Penelope Spheeris is BRILLIANT!

STRAIGHT Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    I agree and I would add BTO
    Stinky Believe it or not I like some of B.T.O.'s songs. I hope you don't hate me for that.

RubySlippers Guest
    i am not a big Cheap Trick fan. i really don't see the GREATNESS that many claim. they opened for Aerosmith a few years ago and they sounded like crapolla....

mcconk2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I dont know, it doesnt ring a bell.. these guys are just bogans trying to be cool.... they are from freakin Hallam (trust me BOGAN CENTRAL)....
    they are actually from Dingley, and when my daughter did her deb, the drummer was her partner.

so there you!!!!

rickenbacker Guest
    I have to defend a few bands here...KISS, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Cheap Trick. You just have to go back a few years to find the good stuff. The first 3 KISS albums are straight ahead rock and roll. REO, Styx and Cheap Trick...well...I'm from Central Illinois. I have to defend them. Honestly, they all succumbed to the era of the poofy power ballad. All three were damn good rock bands. I don't care if the power ballad gave them their "big break". It was a double edged sword. It also killed their careers.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Stinky Believe it or not I like some of B.T.O.'s songs. I hope you don't hate me for that.
    Not at all...to each his own
    Last edited by stinkythejokedog; 11-11-2008 at 10:58 AM.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    I have to defend a few bands here...KISS, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Cheap Trick. You just have to go back a few years to find the good stuff. The first 3 KISS albums are straight ahead rock and roll. REO, Styx and Cheap Trick...well...I'm from Central Illinois. I have to defend them. Honestly, they all succumbed to the era of the poofy power ballad. All three were damn good rock bands. I don't care if the power ballad gave them their "big break". It was a double edged sword. It also killed their careers.
    well, i like all of the above and the two or three pop hits by Cheap Trick. so see? i guess we are still on the same page with music we both enjoy. *whew*

rickenbacker Guest
    THIS is the REO I remember!

redkatrampant Guest
    THIS is the REO I remember!

YOu are old.......

/runs

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    YOu are old.......

/runs
    But you can't hide...

Fujicakes Guest
    Linkin Park. I've never been a fan of whiners or screamers.

WriterDude Guest
    Because Fujicakes saw fit to resurrect this thread, I have to weigh in because I wasn't here when it died. And please, no jokes about my weight...

I saw all four of those bands in their respective heydays, and grew to regard them in varying degrees of disrespect in later years, to wit:

KISS: "Alive!" and "Destroyer" changed my life forever, and I was in the audience (age 13) at the recording of "Alive II" at the L.A. (but actually in Inglewood) Forum. Cheap Trick opened. Yes, to hardcore KISSers, I WAS THERE (and I lost the button they handed out at the door, and then the t-shirt wore out).

KISS' travails and various reunions in the 90s and on were great then, sadly now laughable again. If Gene's vices involved more than just sex and money, who knows where they'd stand now? They'd certainly amount to more than a ghost of a band (having fired Ace and Pete all over again) that Gene now hangs his A&E show upon. That said, don't miss the Kiss Symphony DVD they did in Australia with Pete, Tommy Thayer and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Incredible!

Those other bands, sorry, piss off -- aside from giving Cheap Trick a nod for maintaining/reuniting their original lineup, I have moved on. So should they.

John Connor Guest
    Good Charlotte suck

Pat Bateman Guest
    I hate Coldplay.

Cheap Trick early on were brilliant.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jack Johnson. He's not rock though. I don't know what he is, other than boring.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Hey, Hey , Hey!!! Watch it about the Air Supply. haha

Air Supply is awesome. (Now Im going to be singing All out of Love all day, thank you very much)

Im really starting to wonder about the music tastes of some of you hags... I started at the very begining of this thread, so a lot of those Hags are gone (banned) but SERIOUSLY who hates Queen? Freddie Mercury was a GOD, and if you cant see that, you have ZERO taste (Just kidding, or am I?)

Bands I hate:

U2
    Beatles
    Elvis (Yup I hate the KING but LOVE the Queen lol)
    Rolling Stones (Seriously they are like 300 yrs old)
    ColdPlay
    John Mayer (douchebag)
    Hootie and the BlowFish
    Anyone signed from Disney (Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana/Miley Cirus)
    Nirvana (actual all grunge rock sux)

I'll think of more later....

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    In no order whatsoever of suckness:

Anyone Disney
    Anyone EMO - Bullet for my Valentine, HIM, Avenged Sevenfold... etc
    John Mayer
    Fleetwood Mac - just no sense whatsoever
    Greatful Dead - why?
    Steely Dan - never got the appeal
    Rolling Stones
    Matchbox 20 - just..... no

it's late.... I can't think of anymore yet

Marilyn Manson - I just don't get this person/band whatever this musical act is. I get such a bad vibe from looking at this guy. He could be performing tip toe through the tulips and I would still be running for cover.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Poison! I can't believe these guys are still alive! They're just an example of being rewarded for extremely bad behavior! I mean, come on! How many times can a woman flash her titties at a drugged out, drunk bunch of guys, who are just wacking off onstage, with their insturments?
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    They are foul...especially the ones nowadays who will fall victim to anything. Songs nowadays (especially from bands or musicians with Disney) are just plastic and tasteless.
    I know the quote is old, but I'll answer it anyhow!

In defense of kids, not all kids have abhorrant musical tastes. My 13 year old is a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix.

And he despises anything Disney has come out with. To quote him, he'd "Rather have a rhino take a diarrhea dump in my ear than listen to the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus!"

LMAO!

Yeah, we raised him right!

With bands I hate, I am surprised to find others here that hate the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Those are two you aren't allowed to dis in this world. Like they are sacred gods or something. There are a few Bealte songs I don't mind, I wouldn't go out of my way to change the station if they were on, but I don't own a single one of their CDs.

I HATE the Rolling Stones. I'd be beside JerseySucks when that champagne is popped! The only song of theirs I like is Jumping Jack Flash, and that's because I thought the movie was funny.

Can you consider the Beach Boys in this category? If so, I hate them with a passion. And summer usually brings out their songs on the radio.

I'll commit board suicide, I can't stand The Who either, or The Doors for that matter. And I never got Jethro Tull. Their sound is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Yuck!

Never understood the hype around Nirvana, or Kurt Cobain either.