Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Balboa6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The whole NU Metal genre, ie Korn, Limp Biscut, Papa roach, Hed Pe

and a big "you suck" goes out to slipknot
    There is no such thing as "nu-metal" and Korn don't fit into that group of shitty bands you just mentioned. They aren't rap-rock. Besides, you'd have to have actually listened to them to be qualified to speak about them.

Korn is one of the most innovative bands of the past 20 years.

Tuesday Guest
    Ok, im gonna take some sh#t but, I hate the Beatles with a passion. They aren't the only ones.My opinon only of course.

Godsmack-Wannabe Alice in Chains
    Nirvana-Over played, Over rated
    Queen- I think it was Wayne's World that killed em for me.
    Every scremo band
    Rob/White Zombie-How many times can you say "YEAH!!" in a song.
    Marylyn Manson-Wanna be Alice Cooper
    Oasis-Wannabe Beatles
    Coldplay-Wannabe Oasis
    Korn-every song sounds the same
    Those guy's who play thier acoustic guitars in coffee shops for 15 year old girls who think they are rock stars.
    Limp Biscut-fred durst
    Rage against the Machine-Dont like the rap rock thing

i love rob zombie, most of the time. and his movies are scary enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa6 View Post
    There is no such thing as "nu-metal" and Korn don't fit into that group of shitty bands you just mentioned. They aren't rap-rock. Besides, you'd have to have actually listened to them to be qualified to speak about them.

Korn is one of the most innovative bands of the past 20 years.
    From Wiki.
    Nu metal (sometimes named new metal or nü metal) is a musical genre that emerged in the mid 1990s which fuses influences from grunge[1] and alternative metal with funk music, hip hop and various heavy metal genres,[2] such as Thrash metal, groove metal and Industrial metal.
    Nu metal music emphasizes mood, rhythm, and texture over melody. Often, nu metal songs use rhythmic, syncopated riffs played on distorted electric guitars with strings detuned to lower pitches to create a dark and thick sound.

Bands such as Snot, Manhole, Human Waste Project, Deftones and Korn are early nu metal bands all from Southern California and started in the mid nineties.[3]
    Producer Ross Robinson was labelled by some as "the godfather of nu metal" due to his producing of several notable nu metal albums,[who?] the first of which was Korn's eponymous first album.
    Korn's signature sound came from an attempt to emulate chords used by Mr. Bungle's guitar player Trey Spruance, which they referred to as "the moveable Bungle chord". They have also cited Mike Patton's other band Faith No More in Kerrang!'s The Greatest Videos of All Time in 2006, saying that Korn was influenced by them because they did something unusual with a metal band. Nu metal bands also often state more conventional metal acts as an influence, particularly Black Sabbath

From Jefe,
    All Korn is , is a wanna be Faith No More, how can you call that innovative. Mike Patton has more talent than all of Korn could ever dream of possessing. Listen to Mr. Bungle.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Led Zeppelin. Reminds of of a guy f*cking a cat!
    LZ is a great guitar band but Robert Plant messed up alot of LZs songs by his extemporaneous whinings. I have to wonder if today he regrets doing that?

Roveredo Guest
    Beatles
    Rolling Stones
    Tokyo Hotel
    Good Charlotte
    Blink 182
    Guns'n Roses
    Linkin Park
    Aerosmith
    Yellowcard
    Metallica.

:x

Balboa6 Guest
    From Wiki.
    Nu metal (sometimes named new metal or nü metal) is a musical genre that emerged in the mid 1990s which fuses influences from grunge[1] and alternative metal with funk music, hip hop and various heavy metal genres,[2] such as Thrash metal, groove metal and Industrial metal.
    Nu metal music emphasizes mood, rhythm, and texture over melody. Often, nu metal songs use rhythmic, syncopated riffs played on distorted electric guitars with strings detuned to lower pitches to create a dark and thick sound.

Bands such as Snot, Manhole, Human Waste Project, Deftones and Korn are early nu metal bands all from Southern California and started in the mid nineties.[3]
    Producer Ross Robinson was labelled by some as "the godfather of nu metal" due to his producing of several notable nu metal albums,[who?] the first of which was Korn's eponymous first album.
    Korn's signature sound came from an attempt to emulate chords used by Mr. Bungle's guitar player Trey Spruance, which they referred to as "the moveable Bungle chord". They have also cited Mike Patton's other band Faith No More in Kerrang!'s The Greatest Videos of All Time in 2006, saying that Korn was influenced by them because they did something unusual with a metal band. Nu metal bands also often state more conventional metal acts as an influence, particularly Black Sabbath

From Jefe,
    All Korn is , is a wanna be Faith No More, how can you call that innovative. Mike Patton has more talent than all of Korn could ever dream of possessing. Listen to Mr. Bungle.

I know what people define it as but it is an invalid term. The term didn't even exist until Limp Bizkit and all that other garbage came onto the scene and distorted Korn's sound. Being influenced by a band doesn't make them a rip-off. Having the same conversation with people who don't know what they're talking about is truly growing tiresome.

Korn IS innovative and all of its members-former and present-possess immense talent. Certain aspects of their talents are displayed in Korn's music, other aspects are displayed via other outlets. Solos, for example, would sound very odd in most of Korn's music. That does not, however, mean they cannot play solos--I've heard James Shaffer (aka Munky) play many different solos. When you are in a band, the focus is on atmosphere, sound, and the overall vibe when creating the music. You don't go in there and say I'm going to display every single thing I am capable of doing just to show off. You go in and create music. How simple or complex it is is completely irrelavent to its quality. If you don't like it, great, go listen to what you do like, but quit talking shit about what you know nothing about.

Thanks for reminding me of how truly awful Korn is. Another addendum to my list.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    can't stand the Styx
    hate Loverboy with a passion

stinkythejokedog Guest
    I hate me some Huey Lewis and The News...

Chevyheaven Guest
    I cant stand Sandy Patti. She is awful. Just Awful those big costumes and that hair and all that makeup. Man she is just terrible.

**Jenna** Guest
    Don't like the Beatles,Areosmith,Korn,Godsmack,thats all I can think of for now.

michael d Guest
    Greenday is commercial pseudo-punk crap.

Poison. . . pre-fabricated hair band crap.

Any American Idol contestant trying to sing rock.
    Last edited by michael d; 07-30-2008 at 10:19 AM.

I know what people define it as but it is an invalid term. The term didn't even exist until Limp Bizkit and all that other garbage came onto the scene and distorted Korn's sound. Being influenced by a band doesn't make them a rip-off. Having the same conversation with people who don't know what they're talking about is truly growing tiresome.

Korn IS innovative and all of its members-former and present-possess immense talent. Certain aspects of their talents are displayed in Korn's music, other aspects are displayed via other outlets. Solos, for example, would sound very odd in most of Korn's music. That does not, however, mean they cannot play solos--I've heard James Shaffer (aka Munky) play many different solos. When you are in a band, the focus is on atmosphere, sound, and the overall vibe when creating the music. You don't go in there and say I'm going to display every single thing I am capable of doing just to show off. You go in and create music. How simple or complex it is is completely irrelavent to its quality. If you don't like it, great, go listen to what you do like, but quit talking shit about what you know nothing about.
    Ive been playing guitar for 25 years. Been in lots of bands. I know all about korn. Seen them plenty of times. Heard the albums. What is innovative? Tuning the bass guitar down to B? Pick slides and pinched harmonics? Listen to Mr. Bungle's first record and tell me that Korn is a original, innovative band. After Follow the Leader, the act got old and they havent progressed at all. I might not know a lot, but I do know music.

14. 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Ive been playing guitar for 25 years. Been in lots of bands. I know all about korn. Seen them plenty of times. Heard the albums. What is innovative? Tuning the bass guitar down to B? Pick slides and pinched harmonics? Listen to Mr. Bungle's first record and tell me that Korn is a original, innovative band. After Follow the Leader, the act got old and they havent progressed at all. I might not know a lot, but I do know music.

I saw Brian "Head" Welch on TV with a preacher a few weeks ago....he's in the Jesus business these days

Balboa6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of how truly awful Korn is. Another addendum to my list.
    They obviously aren't or I wouldn't be listening to them. Period.

Balboa6 Guest
    Some bands I despise...

Muse
    Radiohead
    The Cinematics
    Kaiser Chiefs
    The Bravery
    Arctic Monkeys
    Limp Bizkit
    Sugar Ray
    Death Cab For Cutie
    Weezer

I can't stand rap-rock, pop-punk, watered down typical top 40 "rock," and modern rap either (what a joke!)

18. 08-01-2008, 02:49 AM

Rush, Megadeath and stuff like that.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

deathybrad Guest
    STYX.

Smackman Guest
    Styx, Journey, Aerosmith.

leevancleef Guest
    I like Journey

I hate :

PRIMAL SCREAM
    NICKELBACK
    GOOD CHARLOTTE
    KORN
    SLIPKNOT
    DAFT PUNK
    INCUBUS
    PETER GABRIEL AND PHIL COLLINS

They obviously aren't or I wouldn't be listening to them. Period.
    Well, its all subjective, dont take it so seriously - after all the title is "Rock Bands You Cant Stand" not "Is Korn SuperAwesome Cool or Not?". I recommend Mydol for the period thingy.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

lane4 Guest
    I could discuss music all day long.

I never 'got' U2 - my best friend in high school LOVED the band but I couldn't handle listening to 1 song the whole way through. The Police would be a close 2nd - "Roxanne" nooo, nails on a chalkboard to me.

AmyWinelake Guest
    Nickleback....oh...good...god...just...NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWinelake View Post
    Nickleback....oh...good...god...just...NO!!!!
    I call them Sickleback.
    Yes I know I am lame.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    I don't know what the big deal is about Lenny Kravitz. I think he sux ass he's just a Hendrix wannabe to me. Also hate Korn, Styx, Limp Bizkit (or however the hell you spell it), 311, Megadeath, Green Day, The Cars, Foreigner, Def Leppard, and others I can't remember at the moment but I will post them when they come to mind
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes1986; 08-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Seagorath Guest
    I hate Skid Row, Limp Biscut, and Kid Rock more than any music artists on planet Earth.

AmyWinelake Guest
    I call them Sickleback.
    Yes I know I am lame.
    I like it but I do prefer shittleback....just the right measure of venom

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    I like Journey

I hate :

PRIMAL SCREAM
    NICKELBACK
    GOOD CHARLOTTE
    KORN
    SLIPKNOT
    DAFT PUNK
    INCUBUS
    PETER GABRIEL AND PHIL COLLINS
    Oh god I forgot about Good Charlotte, they used to make me cover my ears and go "lalala I cant hear you"

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    I could discuss music all day long.

I never 'got' U2 - my best friend in high school LOVED the band but I couldn't handle listening to 1 song the whole way through. The Police would be a close 2nd - "Roxanne" nooo, nails on a chalkboard to me.
    You should check out Marks' Music Group and start a conversation there.

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I hate:
    Guns N Roses
    Bon Jovi
    Black Label Society
    Limp Bizkit
    Matchbox 20
    The Verve
    Dave Matthews Band
    Linkin Park
    Nickelback
    AFI
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic At The Disco
    Blink 182
    3 Doors Down - They're from the town I grew up in (Escatawpa, MS) and are all redneck sleazebags, especially their bass player Todd Harrell. I went to highschool with the lead singer's wife Terika, and she was really stuck-up. And their music is a rip-off of Matchbox 20.

I agree with everyone on this list! I hate just about everything out now. Stuff like Britney, Korn, Justin, etc. I mostly listen to my ipod, or Fred and Lucy on XM radio.
    I don't mind the beatles or led zepplin, but I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with those that hate nirvana. They are still my favorite band of all time.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Ok. I gotta stand up for Skynard . Sweet Home Alabama is not a racist song. Just talks bad about the government. I hate...HATE Iron Maiden. Hubby loves them. I can't stand them. I also dont get Pink Floyd.
    "Sweet Home Alabama" was their response to the slagging southern people took in the Neil Young song, "Southern Man", for the most part.

VSA Guest
    Nickleback(or is it Nickelback lol) and any of their clone bands. Auditory assault. I swear if I hear Kid Rock's Sweet Home Alabama one more time...

Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post
    Nickleback(or is it Nickelback lol) and any of their clone bands. Auditory assault. I swear if I hear Kid Rock's Sweet Home Alabama one more time...
    No shit, Whats with Kid Rock trying to act like he is a southern redneck these day's. He was a wanna be vanilla ice from Detriot back in the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExposedKidRock.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	7027  

A-train Guest
    No shit, Whats with Kid Rock trying to act like he is a southern redneck these day's. He was a wanna be vanilla ice from Detriot back in the day.

Seriously. Im a southern boy!! From....Michigan? STFU Kid Rock. Bah.

The bar i work in plays that "summertime" or wtf ever song so much I wanna punch kittens. Or the nearest cowboy.

Anyways, on to bands I don't like...

Pink Floyd. Sorry, I can hack like maybe two songs but that's it. It just does nothing for me. All the synths and weird crap doesn't strike me as innovative or whatever. I know lots of people think they were revolutionary but I totally don't see it.

Korn blows goats now too.

Godsmack also sucks.

Nickelback. Enough said. "Animals" is the most retarded generic song I've ever heard.

Cheap Trick. "I want you to want me". I want you to stfu.

Annnnything emo. Gag meeeee.

I pretty much listen to all classic rock when I've got the radio on. The only rock band putting stuff out now that I really like is Black Label Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI41I...eature=related

There are tons of others I don't like but that's all I got right now.

I swear if I hear Kid Rock's Sweet Home Alabama one more time...

He actually used "Werewolves of London" and "Sweet Home Alabama" for that lame song...

Balboa6 Guest
    Well, its all subjective, dont take it so seriously - after all the title is "Rock Bands You Cant Stand" not "Is Korn SuperAwesome Cool or Not?". I recommend Mydol for the period thingy.

lol That was really a tongue in cheek, smart ass remark on my part. I thought it would be obvious, since it was so absurd. I mean come on who actually says something like that?? You can keep your Mydol, I'm good.

A-train Guest
    Oops, I forgot to say Nirvana too.

christopherwhaley Guest
    I love music and it is my passion. However, I have my list of bands I can do without.

1.) Coldplay - Enough already.
    2.) The Jonas Bros - Where in the hell did these guys come from?
    3.) Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy? Ten+ years and counting?
    4.) Hanson - They will always be "Mmmbop" to me!
    5.) The Flaming Lips - Zzzzzzz...

Tebssis Guest
    It just pisses me off that it's not Werewolves of London EVERY time the intro starts!

I might get hanged for this, but I CANNOT stand Jonas Brothers. I don't know what it is about them, but they get on every nerve in my body. Their voices, looks, and music combined are even worse than nails on a chalkboard! They are overrated and I hate it when people go crazy over them for no true reason. The Jonas Brothers blow. Big time.

Again, I deeply apologize if I have offended anyone in this manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Armcast Guest
    my neighbors kids love The Jonas Brothers...if I hear them one more time, I will punch out my own eardrum with a drill bit, I shit you not.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Hating U2 and Dave Matthews Band...

Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    my neighbors kids love The Jonas Brothers...if I hear them one more time, I will punch out my own eardrum with a drill bit, I shit you not.
    Part of the reason why I stopped watching tabloid stuff (as mentioned in a thread I created) was to get away from them...and Miley...and Selena Gomez...Ugh!

I hate EVERYTHING about Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez! And I mean everything! Maybe even their own existence and stardom (forgive me if I'm becoming too violent here. I just cannot contain it anymore).

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Part of the reason why I stopped watching tabloid stuff (as mentioned in a thread I created) was to get away from them...and Miley...and Selena Gomez...Ugh!

I hate EVERYTHING about Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez! And I mean everything! Maybe even their own existence and stardom (forgive me if I'm becoming too violent here. I just cannot contain it anymore).
    A girl after my own heart! Keep going! Oh please let it all out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    A girl after my own heart! Keep going! Oh please let it all out!!!!
    Those musicians are just so talentless. Fans like stuff like those because either they're good looking or popular. They're not that great. It's just your regular band, no need to get all, "Oh my gosh! They're like, awesome girlfriend!". Yuck!

I miss old music...

leeny994 Guest
    Greenday
    Good Charlotte
    Jonas Brothers, Miley Cirus etc

Seagorath Guest
    Jonas Brothers are getting on my nerve too...Are they a new version of Hansen? The world of POPULAR music really SUX right now if you ask me.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Hootie and The Blowfish. Remember them?
    Hopefully not.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Hootie and The Blowfish. Remember them?
    Hopefully not.

Ding....Ding....a winner...Hootie..."sensitive frat dude rock"...sweet irony!!! Worst band known to civilized man!

What is a Jonas Brother Band? Is it something like The Naked Brothers Band? And is it just me or does that name seem a little too suggestive for a kids show about some faggy little band of shitheaded children?