Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I remember when me and my brother saw AC/DC back in 1988, Great White opened for them, and were booed off the stage!
    Did Great White have their damned pyro effects then?

Styx. Babe I'm leaving...etc....sounds like he has a major head cold!

Primus, God I Hate Primus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Primus, God I Hate Primus!!!
    I saw Les Claypool last year in Austin and I was blown away!
    I had a freakout session at Primus a few years ago in Austin involving meth, coke, hydro, alchohol and a muppet in a wheelchair.
    They're really not so bad.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

All the Primus fans I know that are still primus fans are either bass players or tweakers. Usually both! Les Claypool is a great player but I dont want to see someone showing off for 2 hoursfo 50 bucks on a 12 foot stage. I would rather watch Black Fag for 5 bucks!

All the Primus fans I know that are still primus fans are either bass players or tweakers. Usually both! Les Claypool is a great player but I dont want to see someone showing off for 2 hoursfo 50 bucks on a 12 foot stage. I would rather watch Black Fag for 5 bucks!
    Ha! My friend that dragged me to both shows was a tweaker!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

lab_rat Guest
    First, of all why are people calling Britney and Justin Timberlake or the Bee Gees rock bands??? I am sure there are others I am missing.

I tend to like only certain songs from bands, so I don't think there is a rock band that I totally hate. If they exist I don't know their name!

All country music except Faith Hill and Tanya Tucker.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Cupcake Guest
    Basically any and all heavy Metal. Then and now. I like to call it "angry music". After listening to it briefly it makes me want to go out and kick a puppy, drown a kitten, and run my mother over with a car.....I have PMS to deal with on a monthly basis, I don't need any extra help.....

Cupcake

puddles Guest
    Top of my list Green Day frigin HATE them!
    Nickelback totally lame-
    The Doors GAG!
    Oasis Ick! theres just WAY to many to list I'll be here all day!

Catwoman Guest

Yikes!

...anytime I hear anything from Genesis or Phil Collins, off it goes, or the Barenaked Ladies....

Leonard Skynnard.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Leonard Skynnard.
    Yeah same here.
    To me "Sweet Home Alabama" is singing about a racist state filled with KKK members. Nothing to be proud of there.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I have a really long list.

Carrie Underwood (She goes from being a holy-roller in one song to being a drunk psycho in the next)
    Fall Out Boy
    Rush
    Coheed and Cambria
    M.I.A.
    Fergie
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    Creed
    Nickleback
    any rapper with their alias beginning with "Lil", sans Lil' Jon.
    Puddle of Mudd
    Godsmack
    Most techno
    the whole "emo" genre
    Pussycat Dolls

Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post

Carrie Underwood (She goes from being a holy-roller in one song to being a drunk psycho in the next)
    Fall Out Boy
    Rush
    Coheed and Cambria
    M.I.A.
    Fergie
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    Creed
    Nickleback
    Puddle of Mudd
    Godsmack
    Most techno
    the whole "emo" genre
    Pussycat Dolls
    I like Rush and most techno, I agree with the rest of your list though. M.I.A. I can tolerate.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post

Fall Out Boy
    Rush
    Coheed and Cambria
    M.I.A.
    Fergie
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    Creed
    Nickleback
    Puddle of Mudd
    Godsmack
    Most techno
    the whole "emo" genre
    Pussycat Dolls
    \

Oh, yeah..I do realize that most of these are not rock bands....but, since I was on a rant.

Guest Guest
    I think we need a whole seperate list for sucky rap artists........ I also want to add that I love the Violent Femmes...... Van Halen sucks without David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    I think we need a whole seperate list for sucky rap artists........ I also want to add that I love the Violent Femmes...... Van Halen sucks without David Lee Roth
    Violent Femmes have a new album being released soon. They do a damn good cover of Gnarls Barkleys Crazy I posted it in the Currently Listening To thread.

GrinReaper Guest
    REM
    Michael Stripe the lead singer calls the Beatles "elavator music."
    Obviously he's never listened to his own band. Half the time he sings like he's got a mouthful of rocks and just mumbles and the other half you can't understand what the fuck the lyrics mean! Yeah. REM is true elevator music.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Also...

Bon Jovi
    Warrant
    Poison
    Hinder
    Buckcherry or Suckcherry

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    Violent Femmes rocks!

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I like Rush and most techno, I agree with the rest of your list though. M.I.A. I can tolerate.
    I think I just have personal issues with Rush....like any other artist, I respect them..I just don't like them

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Nickleback, Creed and all those faux grunge bands. Let's not forget the suckage of Good Charlotte and Fallout Boy who, due to their crap songs and their desire to date/marry tabloid bimbos are always up in our faces. They should just continue to be the arm candy of stupid Hollywood skeezers and
    stop.playing.instruments.immediately.

My hatred for Pete Wentz knows no bounds. What a talentless dork.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Yeah same here.
    To me "Sweet Home Alabama" is singing about a racist state filled with KKK members. Nothing to be proud of there.
    Ah nothing like painting a whole state racist over certain assholes' actions. Let's take issue with "Hotel California" then. How about "New York, New York"? Let's don't forget "Georgia On My Mind". I'm glad I'm not from Alabama because I would take offense at that remark. BTW, Skynyrd was based out of Jacksonville, FL as we all know.

Jo-Ann Guest
    To paraphrase The Dude..."I fucking hate Coldplay"
    and you can throw in The Grateful Dead, Phish, and Tool

KatBChev Guest
    Bon Jovi, The Monkees, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Creed. I'm sure there's more...brain block.

onekindsistah Guest
    I like Primus and other Les Claypool projects.
    I'm neither a bass player or a tweeker.

Most of the music on the radio sucks, period. Most of the new bands all sound the same to me and they recycle it through and play it over and over again. Someone comes out with a halfway decent song and it get's played to death.

I really don't like the Foo Fighters, Bon Jovi, REM, Linkin Park (and all the bands that sound exactly like them)... there soooooo many more....

Les Claypool is very talented but I cannot sit around and listen to that shit, it drives me insane.

Did I mention in this thread how much I hate that barefoot hippie Jack Johnson? I HATE his music. HATE.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Guest Guest
    Why can a guy like Dave Matthews suck ass so much, yet have one of the most prolific drummers ever? I need that technology that takes out all the music except for the drum tracks. He's killer.

Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Why can a guy like Dave Matthews suck ass so much, yet have one of the most prolific drummers ever? I need that technology that takes out all the music except for the drum tracks. He's killer.
    The whole band is very talented, just not my thing. Like Rush. Eek.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I haven't read all the replies here yet, and I agree with some of the ones I've read, like Nickelback, Creed and Blink 182 (as well as any band that sounds like them or their singer and thinks they are so hardcore) but the one band I really hate, and I'll probably be crucified for it is:

U2

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'll probably be crucified for it is:
    U2
    Not from me. Their earlier albums were fresh, Boy, War etc but after the mid 80's I thought they blow.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

GODDESS6 Guest
    I really really hate Bob Seagar. I gag everytime I hear Turn the page
    i live east of omaha~ i love that song~ my dad was a trucker & they played it at his funeral~

The whole NU Metal genre, ie Korn, Limp Biscut, Papa roach, Hed Pe

and a big "you suck" goes out to slipknot

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Creed
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Poison
    Warrant
    Ratt
    Limp Bizkit

They all sold their collective souls (btw, I hate that group too) to Beelzebub to become famous...they have no obvious talent.

a big "you suck" goes out to slipknot
    I like some Slipknot songs but I'm still an angry teenager inside my 37 year old body. I do prefer Corey Taylor in his other band Stone Sour though.

I'm another U2 hater. Never got it, never will. Then again, I like Slipknot so what do I know....

Good thing this isn't a music forum, I could see the flames comin' from miles away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Read this entire thread. Apparently I have absolutely no taste in music according to what I have read. Somehow, I believe I can live with that.
    I like a variety of genres and artists but the one I really have no love for at all is Led Zepplin. One of my favorite guitar players is in a band I loathe. Total rip-offs of blues artists, giving no credit, yet if you sample "their" music, be prepared for a lawsuit. I call bullshit!

Ahhhhh, I feel better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

The B-52's, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash, DAve Mathew's, Styx, Twisted Sister & basically all the worthless metal bands that came out in the 80's.......

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    The B-52's, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash, DAve Mathew's, Styx, Twisted Sister & basically all the worthless metal bands that came out in the 80's.......

Pistols, Clash & Ramones in the same category as the Dave Matthews?

STRAIGHT Guest
    The most overated group ever in my opinion is KISS. I think that they suck big time and Gene Simmons is one major tool also.

Aardvarkian Guest
    The Grateful Dead...should be!

Screaming Lord Such and Friends...pitiful!

Kim Fowley...total trash!

GG Allin...glad he croaked!

Primus...even their own members say they suck!

The Bee Gees...one of the worst EVER!

Slade...Garbage (with a capital G)!

There are many more...but I won't bore y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    The most overated group ever in my opinion is KISS. I think that they suck big time and Gene Simmons is one major tool also.
    Never understood why people liked their music. I was fascinated by them as a kid because of their image I always cut their pictures out of older sisters Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines but their music seemed lacking substance even to my young ears.

STRAIGHT Guest
    Never understood why people liked their music. I was fascinated by them as a kid because of their image I always cut their pictures out of older sisters Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines but their music seemed lacking substance even to my young ears.
    I never understood the attraction either, I thought they sucked when they first came out and I think they still suck and Gene Simmons is one arrogant asshole too.

**Jenna** Guest
    I don't really like KISS but I do like the songs Detroit Rock City,Hard Luck Women and the cheesy song Domino,that came out it the 90's.

I only liked the song I Was Made For Lovin You that was my fast skate jam! I ripped up that skating rink!

STRAIGHT Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I don't really like KISS but I do like the songs Detroit Rock City,Hard Luck Women and the cheesy song Domino,that came out it the 90's.
    Detroit rock city would be a very good song if their lead guitar player didn't butcher the guitar solo in the middle of the song with his paint by the numbers guitar playing.
    Last edited by STRAIGHT; 07-24-2008 at 10:44 PM.

mandee1005 Guest
    Ok. I gotta stand up for Skynard . Sweet Home Alabama is not a racist song. Just talks bad about the government. I hate...HATE Iron Maiden. Hubby loves them. I can't stand them. I also dont get Pink Floyd.

Cathy J. Guest

KISS back in the 70's were one of those bands that made some people "cool". If one was nerd or whatever and if they had a KISS 45 in their collection or better yet had the chance to see them live back then, quite quickly they would become popular. Also back then so many adults hated them it was like "forbidden fruit". Maybe thats the reason they lasted for so long and people still like them today.

I still remember back then ( around 1978 ) our local high school to raise money for some long since forgotten charity put on their version of the Gong Show. I remember seeing quite a few acts but the one that I still remember to this day is the one where four young guys went on stage dressed like KISS. The audience went wild and they won first prize.

$200 dollars

nodano Guest
    I can't handle Boston. Their style gets on my last nerve.

Led Zeppelin. Reminds of of a guy f*cking a cat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."