Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Well, thank you and the other Zep fans still here! Whew! I was beginning to feel like a dinosaur since I'm not into Nirvana or Tool!
    Aries, I hear ya. I was born in 1980, but I feel Ishould have been born in the 60s. I love classic rock. It is the greatest. And Led Zeppelin kicks ass!

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Whew, thank god. I guess we are surrounded by young 'uns then!
    Aries, I'm 27 and I love classic rock. I pretty much like a lot of stuff made before 1990, but classic rock is my fav. I even collect vinyl and bought my 11 month old a record player (crazy huh?, she even has a guitar!) I am hoping that she will appreciate good music. My Fiance' is 26 and is the same way I am.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scootershort View Post
    Jethro Tull
    Metallica
    Ratt
    Dixie's
    i like Jetrho Tull early stuff, and i loooove Metallica.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I really really hate Bob Seagar. I gag everytime I hear Turn the page
    TURN THE PAGE belongs now to Metallica!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill-the-Ripper View Post
    Yup...I dislike Nickelback as well. My phone rang when I was in the middle of my list.
    i hate Nickelback and Good Charlotte with a passion

Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    Aries, I hear ya. I was born in 1980, but I feel Ishould have been born in the 60s. I love classic rock. It is the greatest. And Led Zeppelin kicks ass!
    Alright! A Zep fan - thanks for defending them. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but they are a whole lot better than some of the other crap that is out there these days!

A lot of you seem to be talking about how they look, their lifestyle, age, etc. What about their music??

Handrejka Guest
    The Eagles
    REM
    Radiohead
    Rod Stewart

Overtaxed Guest
    The Grateful Dead.

After Jerry Garcia died, what did you call all of the Deadheads? HOMELESS!!

More Cheese Please Guest
    I love the Dead... saw them 12 times, last time with Jerry at Red Rocks- awesome... managed to own a home through it all too!

http://www.dead.net/

http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    The Grateful Dead.

After Jerry Garcia died, what did you call all of the Deadheads? HOMELESS!!
    Homeless? I thought thats what you call a guitar player when his girlfriend dumps him.

Noelle Page Guest
    Elvis Costello. I find his music utterly boring. Of course, to the rest of the world he is a genius.

I always used to roll my eyes when girls named Allison would get all smug about that song, as if it were written for them!
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 01-06-2008 at 10:10 AM.

crimson and clover Guest
    Maroon 5 annoys the hell out of me.
    Bob Dylan - sounds like he needs a Claritin in the worst way
    and Bruce Springsteen - I don't get why he is considered rock royalty

PvN73 Guest
    Because I am thinking of all the bands who I think are underrated, i started to get annoyed by bands who are over rated and wanted to add them to this thread... (sorry most are OZ bands but they shite me to tears cause I have to hear them ALL THE F'ING TIME)

JET - bunch of namby pamby wankers
    OASIS - get your own goddam sound looooosers
    WOLFMOTHER - heard it before
    SILVERCHAIR - enough already please.... before you hurt my ears anymore

Anyway I am sure I will be back to update the list of my over rated bands......

JET - bunch of namby pamby wankers
    Wasnt there a glam band from the early 70s called Jet?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Wasnt there a glam band from the early 70s called Jet?
    I dont know, it doesnt ring a bell.. these guys are just bogans trying to be cool.... they are from freakin Hallam (trust me BOGAN CENTRAL)....

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    I don't like the Beatles either. Oasis annoy me too. HINDER, TRAPT, Rihanna, Plain White Tees, just about every band you see on MTV today I CAN'T STAND, i.e. Fucking Fall Out Boy, MCR, P!ATD, Good Charlotte are all on my shit list.
    Well, although I love the Beatles and their subsequent separate bands/solo work, I'll give you your opinion...

HOWEVER, I have to agree... Hinder is totally a fat girl's band. Do you ever hear anyone playing them but fat girls from late teens into late 30s?

Yes, I hate the rest of your list too.

'cept the Beatles. Me loves some fab four.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I am into 60's music and blues, except the Beatles don't care for them. I also can NOT stand the Boybands or Pop Tarts i.e. Britney, Jessica, etc.

I'd rather listen to The Doors, Jimi, or Skynyrd.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is my favorite above all others.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I hate so many of the same bands noted here.

REO (they played a county fair here a couple years back, what does that tell you?)
    Journey
    Styx
    Rush
    Jethro Tull
    Moody Blues
    Doobie Brothers (Hate them with a passion)
    Chicago
    Lynard Skynard and Government Mule
    Charley Daniels Band
    Buckcherry
    Godsmack

I love a lot of goofy 80s stuff but I don't think it's neccessarily great music. I like a lot of punk/new wave from that time frame too.

Everything I hear now, though, 98% is just shit. I never listen to the radio anymore, other than NPR and the news. I think the last "new" music I actually bought a CD of was Cake. I do still like them, a lot, and listen to them. Hmm, they are not overhyped mainstream, wonder if it's related? I also like The Jayhawks, also not mainstream.

Rap, hip-hop, emo, etc, ugh.

Pretty much anyone who lands on the cover of Rolling Stone these days, you can rest assured they suck.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post

Pretty much anyone who lands on the cover of Rolling Stone these days, you can rest assured they suck.
    i have to agree with that!
    i love me some Lynyrd Skynyrd and Moody Blues , though.

in addition to nickleback, l hate:
    led zep
    tool
    guns N roses
    foreigner
    metallica
    all 80's hair bands
    linkin park
    aerosmith
    zz top

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    You must be deaf. The Beatles were not great musicians, they were great songwriters... They broke up 37 years ago and we're still talking and listening...musta done something right.
    been a while since dalmer ate anybody, but people are still talkin about him...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warmed Over Guest
    What's a Bogan?

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmed Over View Post
    What's a Bogan?
    like a red neck trailer trash...Picture it -
    mullet, wife beater blue singlet, stubbies shorts or addidas tracksuit pants, moccosins or flip flops. Beer in one hand, cigi in the other

http://www.bogan.com.au/

Warmed Over Guest
    Ah, thank you. Here we call that Matthew McConaughey.

Warmed Over Guest
    And I hate Billy Joel(to get back on topic).

And I hate Billy Joel(to get back on topic).
    I believe he should be executed for his crimes against humanity.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    I believe he should be executed for his crimes against humanity.
    No - force him to listen to his own crap over and over and over 24/7/365...

Michael Bolton makes me hurl.

ginny9577 Guest
    Savage Garden-over played alot in the 90's...currently i dont even listen to the radio just my WMP with music of my choosing.

Ilmatar Guest
    Celine Dion. I'm out of words with this one, and I can only hope that one day she can muster the same ability.

Blind Melon. A reunion?! What does it take to get rid of this crap, obviously death doesn't cut it?

Norwegian black metal. Not that I'm particularly fond of any other kinds of black metal either, but come on! Burzum, wtf?!

Guns N' Roses. Ewwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    like a red neck trailer trash...Picture it -
    mullet, wife beater blue singlet, stubbies shorts or addidas tracksuit pants, moccosins or flip flops. Beer in one hand, cigi in the other

http://www.bogan.com.au/
    That sounds like the talentless wonder, Kid Rock

PvN73 Guest
    bahhaaaa so TRUE!!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Ah Kid Rock, one of Michigan's many musical miscarriages.

Let me add to my list:

Ted Nugent
    Eminem

(whispers) I actually like Bob Segar

I like Nugent. Wang Dang Poon Tang! lol

Guest Guest
    Talentless? How can you be talentless and sell 22.5 million albums. I understand your dislike for him. I don't agree but I don't get the Beatles either. But Mr Ritchie, aka Kid Rock, is not talentless.

Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Talentless? How can you be talentless and sell 22.5 million albums. I understand your dislike for him. I don't agree but I don't get the Beatles either. But Mr Ritchie, aka Kid Rock, is not talentless.
    It don't take alot of talent to rap about how many ho's you got over metallica riffs. Selling a lot of records is more marketing than talent these days. Case in point, William Hung, 200,000 units sold on his debut album.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I hate so many of the same bands noted here.

REO (they played a county fair here a couple years back, what does that tell you?)
    Journey
    Styx
    Rush
    Jethro Tull
    Moody Blues
    Doobie Brothers (Hate them with a passion)
    Chicago
    Lynard Skynard and Government Mule
    Charley Daniels Band
    Buckcherry
    Godsmack

I love a lot of goofy 80s stuff but I don't think it's neccessarily great music. I like a lot of punk/new wave from that time frame too.

Everything I hear now, though, 98% is just shit. I never listen to the radio anymore, other than NPR and the news. I think the last "new" music I actually bought a CD of was Cake. I do still like them, a lot, and listen to them. Hmm, they are not overhyped mainstream, wonder if it's related? I also like The Jayhawks, also not mainstream.

Rap, hip-hop, emo, etc, ugh.

I love the Doobie Brothers!!

Guest Guest
    It don't take alot of talent to rap about how many ho's you got over metallica riffs. Selling a lot of records is more marketing than talent these days. Case in point, William Hung, 200,000 units sold on his debut album.
    Well, the way people get banned around here, I guess I'll have to disagree quietly with you Mr. "Moderator".

Well, the way people get banned around here, I guess I'll have to disagree quietly with you Mr. "Moderator".
    Not that many people get banned permanently around here and when they do it is justified, usually for instigating stupid shit. Kid Rock has no talent , btw.

Guest Guest
    Not that many people get banned permanently around here and when they do it is justified, usually for instigating stupid shit. Kid Rock has no talent , btw.
    Once again as the old overused saying goes, opinions are like assholes, there are a lot on these boards. I mean everyone has them. AND, some of the people banned were so for having a quicker better wit than the clique on here. Then again there were the assholes too. I will admit btw that Kid Rock's "Rock n Roll Jesus" album was less than acceptable. So jump on the bashing me and Kid Rock bandwagon. Who gives a flying fuck......

I banned someone for calling a woman a cunt and a twat. I banned another for calling someone a fat lard eating dyke. You call that quick wit? I didnt say 1 word about you. I said kid rock has no talent in my opinon.

Guest Guest
    I banned someone for calling a woman a cunt and a twat. I banned another for calling someone a fat lard eating dyke. You call that quick wit? I didnt say 1 word about you. I said kid rock has no talent in my opinon.
    Damn, what kind of world is it we live in that twat is not acceptable? J/k, but saying those words by themselves is funny. But SMK was over the top to a point..... So you don't like Kid Rock? I could give a crap. I was just trying to stir the shit on here. Carry on with the bashing.

Mrs F Guest
    Creed. Creed gives me nightmares

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Carry on with the bashing.
    Why thank you, I will. I am going to throw in Russell Crowe's band - 30 odd foot of grunt, or is it now called The Ordinary Fear of God... - Should be the Ordinary Fear of hearing RUSSELL sing.......

Just cause you can act, doesnt mean you have ANY musical TALENT....

you dont so stfu.

I never liked Creed. I thought their behind the music was pointless. Kicked out of a Pat Robertson run college for dropping acid. Ooh controversy. I dont respect anyone that would go to a fucking school like that anyways.

Just cause you can act, doesnt mean you have ANY musical TALENT....
    re: Don Johnson, Bruce Willis, Phillip michael Thomas, Keaneu Reeves, etc..

Dogstar..HAHAHAHA

PvN73 Guest
    re: Don Johnson, Bruce Willis, Phillip michael Thomas, Keaneu Reeves, etc..
    Double whammy for Keanu as he cant even act. He is totally HOT and I will forever be in love with him but he cant act.

Double whammy for Keanu as he cant even act. He is totally HOT and I will forever be in love with him but he cant act.
    True. I cringed at his "Sahespear" in My Own Private Idaho.
    What a fucking tool.

PvN73 Guest
    True. I cringed at his "Sahespear" in My Own Private Idaho.
    What a fucking tool.
    That he is but he is sooo sexy. I would do him in a second.

Henry Thomas had a band here in S.A. Never went to see them but heard it was really awful. I always wanted to go with a group of people wearing E.T. masks and throw Reeces Pieces at him.