Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

mgpm Guest
    Love Classic Rock, 70's soul and pop. The Beatles are the living end, Led Zep, Queen...all good.

Cannot stand Grunge--Nirvana, Hip Hop---Ludacris, hate Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Britney...I totally can't stand The Clash--WAY over rated. Don't like Punk, much Heavy Metal--thrash metal, Anything or anyone like Marilyn Manson, Insane Clown Posse (what a joke), I don't care for Creedence Clearwater Revival. No to Spice Girls, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys. Green Day gives me a headache. I don't like pretentious Alternative music it's so annoying. It's like you get an award for liking music that could make your ears bleed it's so bad.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Dexys Midnight Runners...
    I hate that Come on Eileen song.
    I actually liked that song...when it first came out.

Last year my husband and I had to make three trips to Denver on business. One of their local radio stations there does that "All 80s" weekend thing. The station was Mix 100.

It seemed like they played Come on Eileen or that Madness song "Our House" at least one an hour.

Mix 100 should air this jingle "...its an 80s weekend where we play Dexy & Madness at least once an hour for you...Mix 100"

I heard recently MIX 100 is having rating troubles. I can see why.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    Love Classic Rock, 70's soul and pop. The Beatles are the living end, Led Zep, Queen...all good.

Cannot stand Grunge--Nirvana, Hip Hop---Ludacris, hate Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Britney...I totally can't stand The Clash--WAY over rated. Don't like Punk, much Heavy Metal--thrash metal, Anything or anyone like Marilyn Manson, Insane Clown Posse (what a joke), I don't care for Creedence Clearwater Revival. No to Spice Girls, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys. Green Day gives me a headache. I don't like pretentious Alternative music it's so annoying. It's like you get an award for liking music that could make your ears bleed it's so bad.
    so, in a nutshell you don't like much of anything music wise.

Bellfire Guest
    rap. I'm back 'cause I guess rap ain't rock so I'll have to say Fleetwood Mac. Worst songs in history they send me running from the room.
    Last edited by Bellfire; 11-10-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: oops

Is it just the under 35-40 crowd that doesn't like classic rock bands?

Am I the oldest one here (42)?????

mgpm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    so, in a nutshell you don't like much of anything music wise.
    I LOVE music. I just don't like the crap I listed.

Aries: I love Classic rock. I'm 41.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    I LOVE music. I just don't like the crap I listed.

Aries: I love Classic rock. I'm 41.
    Whew, thank god. I guess we are surrounded by young 'uns then!

Morrissey Guest
    I don't want to be an ass, but I have seen Nirvana referred to as "grunge" a few times on here.

That's sad -- they wished they were grunge. Nob(r)ain liked Flipper (actual grunge music; amazing uber-underrated band) apparently. He really should've learned a thing (-and- learned guitar, jesus christ -- my seven year old cousin could do better than that).

/soapbox

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I don't want to be an ass, but I have seen Nirvana referred to as "grunge" a few times on here.

That's sad -- they wished they were grunge. Nob(r)ain liked Flipper (actual grunge music; amazing uber-underrated band) apparently. He really should've learned a thing (-and- learned guitar, jesus christ -- my seven year old cousin could do better than that).

/soapbox

I'm sorry but you're an idiot. Kurt *COBAIN* hated for his band to be classified as grunge. Nirvana was more of a punk band than anything else, really. And Flipper? A grunge band? Oh my God, you know nothing. They were a punk band from San Francisco, formed in 1979... About 10 years before "grunge" was even thought of as a genre. And Kurt's music was far more influenced by the Pixies, and hell, even Black Sabbath & Led Zeppelin, than by Flipper.

And whether you like it or not, Kurt was an influential guitarist who inspired millions of people to start playing guitar.

Most of the Seattle "grunge" bands had little in common musically. Like Alice in Chains for example, they were more of a metal or hard rock band. The same could be said for Soundgarden. Grunge was just the media's way of pigeon-holing the Seattle bands.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 11-10-2007 at 08:31 PM.

disco Guest
    Well, I threw my stereo away back in the early 90s when I realized that the new music was gonna either be deafingly loud, lyrically foul, rap crap, hip hop beat your mother's pots, really bad remakes, and mostly stuff that the commercial companies are going to run down your throat (Britney Spears, just kill me now! ugh). Now I only listen to classical music because they are the only ones left playing music.

deathybrad Guest
    Classic Rock is where it's at. I'm 25 and a guitar player. I was most disappointed when our local classic rock station changed to 24/7 right wing talk shows.

mgpm Guest
    Ok...my husband just yelled at me for putting The Clash and Creedence on my list with the others.

Nice to be wit 'cha Aries.

Oh my...Classic rock into right wing talk? Talk about de-evolving!!

Nirvana got big by being crammed down everyones throat by MTV. Im sure Cobain did inspire a bunch of kids to start playing guitar but im willing to bet after 6 months of lessons that they realized he was a crappy player and found new guitarist to inspire them.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Nirvana got big by being crammed down everyones throat by MTV. Im sure Cobain did inspire a bunch of kids to start playing guitar but im willing to bet after 6 months of lessons that they realized he was a crappy player and found new guitarist to inspire them.

Well, I still play and he inspired me to start at age 13. I'm 25 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Well, I still play and he inspired me to start at age 13. I'm 25 now...
    So you still play along to Nirvana songs? Ive been playing 24 years. When i used to teach the kids would outgrow Nirvana in their first year and move on to either Metallica or something else that was a little more challenging to play.

deathybrad Guest
    Yeah, but Cobain played strats so it wasn't a stretch to be inspired by all the other strat players like Clapton and Hendrix and SRV.

I thought he played a Fender Mustang? I think he would use the Strats when he was going to smash it. I seen Nirvana at the Warfield in SF in 90 or 91. He used a Mustang most of the show. For the last song he had a Strat. At the end Kurt climbed on top of the PA speakers and jumped right into the drum set. It was prolly 8 to 10 feet.Dude was wacked out. Anyways, My favorite strat players are Dave Murray from Iron Maiden and David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and SRV.

Andrea Guest
    My hate list:

REO Speedwagon
    Bob Segar (way overplayed on the radio station on which hubby sets the clock radio)
    Journey
    Survivor
    Loverboy
    ZZ Top
    Post 1970's Rolling Stones
    Sammy Hagar
    Britney Spears
    Amy Grant
    Alicia Keys
    Great White
    Lynard Skynard
    Post Hysteria Def Leppard
    Most actors / sports players who decide they should put out an album
    Dave Matthews

And yes, Diane Downs does make "Hungry Like The Wolf" rather sickly now, though I love alot of the 80's Duran Duran.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    My hate list:
    Bob Segar (way overplayed on the radio station on which hubby sets the clock radio)
    I have to agree with you on Bob Seger - altho on ONE of his songs, "Old Time Rock n Roll". Ugh - I am SO sick of that one! On the Bob Seger greatest hits CD I put together for myself, that one was omitted!

My faves by him are "Main Street", "Shame on the Moon", and "Roll Me Away".

But anyway, classic rock stations are pretty notorious for playing only a certain list of songs over AND over again. Since they are mostly owned by Clear Channel, they aren't allowed to do any B-sides, or any other songs off of the albums.

I get a bit tired of hearing the same certain songs by the same artists ALL the time.

I really really hate Bob Seagar. I gag everytime I hear Turn the page

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I thought that as a group we were more eclectic and open minded as to use the word hate and music in the same sentence.

ain't that the truth.

Snoopy Guest
    Rush
    AC/DC
    Motley Crue
    Twisted sister
    The smiths

Guest Guest
    Geez, how can you respect anyone who hates Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, or G'N'R. Zep best of the 70's, G'N'R, best of the 80's, RATM best of the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Geez, how can you respect anyone who hates Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, or G'N'R. Zep best of the 70's, G'N'R, best of the 80's, RATM best of the 90's
    Call me a lover of the 70's and disrespectful of the 80's - since I detest GNR...

Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Rage?? Umm.. There were two bands in the 90's named TOOL and Alice in Chains. Remember them?

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    WOW, I love Pearl Jam and The Beatles! I don't give a rats ass if you guys hate them!

I do hate Led Zeppelin' with a passion though. OVERRATED!! BLAH BLAH BLAH. I like a lot of indie bands now.. not into the crap that's on radio or mtv crap.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Rage?? Umm.. There were two bands in the 90's named TOOL and Alice in Chains. Remember them?
    I hate TOOL but love Alice in Chains. I fell in love with that era of Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mud Honey, Sonic Youth, et et. Not much of a Nirvana fan. I do think they are overrated but still would have liked to have seen them live.

Oh yeah RAGE-I hate them with a passion as well!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Styx...the singer sounded like a girl and don't me started on Mr. Roboto

Keyser Soze Guest
    Matchbox 20
    Good Charlotte
    Linken Park
    Nirvana
    Garth Brooks
    Britknees
    J-Slow
    All them crunk fools
    Puff P Diddy Daddy
    ELO
    Any new "punk" MTV branded band
    Emo, whatever the heck that is
    Smashing Pumpkins- after Gish, it was all downhill
    don't know the "artists" names- but whoever sings those rap songs suicidal and bay bay bay and all that crap
    Oh man, I could go on forever..........

Keyser Soze Guest
    Not really into Tool, but they did get more exposure out for my hero Bill Hicks- now there is a festering clan of jackasses that have a counter culture- I hate those people

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    *sigh* I'm a music geek with very little to be excited about anymore. I don't think I've listened to main stream radio willingly in about 10 years now. Blah, it all sucks. Here's my list:

Fall Out Boy- What in the holy hell did the English language do to that boy to make him hate it so much?

Sum41, Lincoln Park, Limp Bizkit basicallly any of that "Nu-Metal" crap. Fred Durst should suffer eternal torment.

Three Doors Down, Puddle of Mudd, the stuff I call hard rock for soccer moms.

Blink 182 and every other pseudo punk band out there. May Joey Ramone haunt you all forever. That means you too, Avril Levigne.

Pink Floyd. I tried, I really did.

Nirvana- Over rated, over hyped, sorry Nirvana fans, but I don't think they would have been as acclaimed had Kurt lived.

Those emo bands with names I can't remember because they all run together in my mind. I was a Smiths/Cure/Siouxise and the Banshees chick back in the day, they did depressing music right damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    I do hate Led Zeppelin' with a passion though. OVERRATED!! BLAH BLAH BLAH.
    This is SO sad....

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Styx...the singer sounded like a girl and don't me started on Mr. Roboto
    I only like a few of their songs, and Mr Roboto is NOT one of them. Terrible song...ugh.

Led Zeppelin

I could go on and on but then adding to the list would take too long and become an essay of shitty bands I can't stand and who wants to do homework on a Monday morning?!

Noelle Page Guest
    is it true Garth Brooks has sold more records than elvis or the beatles?

How can that possibly be?

is it true Garth Brooks has sold more records than elvis or the beatles?

How can that possibly be?
    There are an awful lot of people in America with really bad taste in music.

PvN73 Guest
    Can I say Jason's band or are we talking just about famous ones? haaaaaaaaaaaaa FLAMED
    Last edited by PvN73; 12-04-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Luffy66 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I only like a few of their songs, and Mr Roboto is NOT one of them. Terrible song...ugh.
    I think that they would fully admit that it is a terrible song. I have seen them 3 times in the last 5 years....not even a whiff of that song.

Nowereman Guest
    Nickelback
    Guns N Roses
    Bon Jovi
    Europe
    Twisted Sister
    Motley Crew
    REO SpeedWagon
    Boston
    Nazareth
    Ozzy Osbourne

I really dislike Oasis. Liam Gallagher sounds like he is bored to death, always standing with his hands behind his back. He looks and sounds as enthousiastic as a dead whale. Why does he even bother?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Can I say Jason's band or are we talking just about famous ones? haaaaaaaaaaaaa FLAMED
    Jason is gonna kick your skinny ass! Btw, is pvn an acronym for paraventricula?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Xtine Guest
    pretty much all the "Rock" bands out right now..
    ex:Fall out Boy
    Panic at the Disco
    and all that shit. Such whiney boys!

Cettie Guest
    If I ever have to listen to The Screaming Onions even once more, I shall drop my dainty and lady-like demeanor and become a full-out raving lunatic. So there.

Kimmy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I really dislike Oasis. Liam Gallagher sounds like he is bored to death, always standing with his hands behind his back. He looks and sounds as enthousiastic as a dead whale. Why does he even bother?
    I'm with you on that one. Bloody Liam spawned a whole generation of UK lads who walk bow legged, wear stripy shirts, tuck their track pants into footie socks and say "mad for it" after every sentence. Not attractive, not attractive at all.

I dislike pretty much all the stuff that's been hyped up in the UK press like Arctic Monkeys, Amy Winehouse etc. Just leaves me cold.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    My husband is a fan of Survivor. He has a greatest hits CD. I hate them. Alot.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    What, you don't like your husband being "High on You"??

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    What, you don't like your husband being "High on You"??
    That and Jukebox Hero. GAG.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    How can you NOT love Eye of the TIGER!!!!! That song is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Jason is gonna kick your skinny ass! Btw, is pvn an acronym for paraventricula?

Para - what the??????? My goodness you are so smart!!!

scootershort Guest
    Jethro Tull
    Metallica
    Ratt
    Dixie's

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Awwww, don't feel bad. I like Led Zeppelin.
    What do THESE people know anyway!? LOL!
    I love Led Zeppelin. I want to go see them when they go on tour in 08 ( that is if they ever even come near where I live, no one ever does) My favorite song is Stairway to Heaven.