Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Jersey Girl Guest
    Hootie and The Blowfish... hate, hate, HATE Hootie!
    Creed
    Matchbox Twenty
    Fergie with and without The Black Eyed Peas
    All rap and hip hop

I'm going to cry...all these Led Zep haters on here...

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

Awwww, don't feel bad. I like Led Zeppelin.
    What do THESE people know anyway!? LOL!

rewind1964 Guest
    Foreigner, Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Air Supply, Boston, Rush and post "Off The Wall" Michael Jackson (which would include "Thriller").

Plus 3 songs that make me wanna kill whenever they come on the radio:
    Jethro Tull - Aqualung
    Pink Floyd - Money
    Eagles - Hotel California

At one time I would of included "Stairway To Heaven", but I don't hear it that much these days unless I'm in a guitar shop.

goldil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rewind1964 View Post
    Foreigner, Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Air Supply, Boston, Rush and post "Off The Wall" Michael Jackson (which would include "Thriller").

Plus 3 songs that make me wanna kill whenever they come on the radio:
    Jethro Tull - Aqualung
    Pink Floyd - Money
    Eagles - Hotel California

At one time I would of included "Stairway To Heaven", but I don't hear it that much these days unless I'm in a guitar shop.
    Don't forget the full-length version of Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues.

PvN73 Guest
    I hate anything that is played on any commercial radio stations, especially those that have slogans like Hits from the 80s 90s & today, or something like Rocktoba - when in October.. CRASS

when they have "double shots" or when they promote not playing the same song twice in 1 hour - OH MY GOD

Any that have STUPID competitions GOD I hate those so bad

Music on commercial radio is now just about how much money they record companies can give to them so that they can add their song to the ever reducing playlist. Suckers out there then go ahead and buy that crap. It is disgusting.

In Australia we have the WORST station EVER - TRIPLE M - that station makes me vomit. Next up is The FOX, Mix, Nova etc..

I only listen to community radio stations where the announcer has free reign to play whatever THEY like - how refreshing, someone passionate about music playing what they like - I love it!! RRR 102.7fm in Melbourne is the greatest!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I came out of a New Orleans nightclub years ago when I guy said to no one in particular "if their Better Than Ezra, I'd hate to see Ezra."

Sweet Jesus they sucked.

Daphne Guest

Im so freakin with you on this aries :sobs:-but, opinion is a right everyone has ...

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I've got a sweet collection of bootlegs from their '77 tour plus I've met Robert Plant.

I'm 6-6 and sweet jesus that guy was tall!

bluebear71 Guest
    I KNOW!!!!! I still have all of my vinyls, and I don't even own a record player anymore.

SarahThirteen Guest
    nirvana

Zombiegirl Guest
    Thin Lizzy makes me barf. That song..."The Boys Are Back in Town" goes through my head like a nail. That is the stupidest song ever, and that lead singer sounds like a fuckin' moron. Uuuuggghhhh! And Boston is way overplayed on classic rock stations here. All their songs sound the same. I'd rather listen to Nirvana than the 2 of those bands, and I don't much like Nirvana.

Led Zeppelin kicks Ass! HEHE

Ok, I heard Nickelback in the car today and it refreshed my memory. they do indeed suck bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    I've got a sweet collection of bootlegs from their '77 tour plus I've met Robert Plant.

I'm 6-6 and sweet jesus that guy was tall!
    Well, thank you and the other Zep fans still here! Whew! I was beginning to feel like a dinosaur since I'm not into Nirvana or Tool!

Jaxxx Guest
    Any frickin' Disco song or band
    REO Speedwagon' I'm a product of the 50's and 60's so most of anything past that sucked.

Noelle Page Guest
    Steeley Dan. Bo-ring. And they were the "cool" band to like back then, so I had to pretend I did.

Zombiegirl Guest
    I just started getting into Tool. At first I didn't like them, but they kinda grew on me

Zombiegirl Guest

Zeppelin

Well, thank you and the other Zep fans still here! Whew! I was beginning to feel like a dinosaur since I'm not into Nirvana or Tool!
    I absolutely ADORE Zeppelin. I saw Robert Plant in concert back in 2005, and it was pretty good, although I would have liked to have heard more heavy stuff....he was quite mellow. He did a delightful rendition of "Gallows Pole", Zydeco style. I've probably seen Plant half a dozen times, never did get to see Zeppelin.

Bon Frigging Jovi.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Bob Frigging Dylan grates my nerves.

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Lets see, the Beatles first album was pretty much all Buck Owens songs with different lyrics. Im a Buck fan so that is enough for me not to like them right there.
    They sold alot of records, I give them that but it was because they wrote (or stole)
    some catchy songs and they were photogenic. Brian Epstein created the marketing scheme, Beatlemania! The first BOY band. No innovative depth (Pink Floyd). No great musicianship (King Crimson).Three minute pop songs dont make you great. The Velvet Undergound were doing far more innovative stuff durring the Sgt Pepper era, The Beatles golden age. Beatles, N'Synch, Back Street Boys, New Kids on the Block, Same thing in my ears.
    You must be deaf. The Beatles were not great musicians, they were great songwriters and, with the help of George Martin, changed the way rock music was recorded and how people listened to it. They turned it from a novelty into art.

They did cover Buck Owens and many others, but I challenge you to show where they stole anything. Hell the Stones recorded Lennon/McCartney songs! There will never be another band that had so much impact across the board. They broke up 37 years ago and we're still talking and listening...musta done something right.

Tebssis Guest
    When I learned that Diane Downs shot her kids in the back seat of her car listening to her favorite band, Duran Duran, just so her lover would take her back.... I haven't been able to stomach their music since. Something about a selfish bitch thinking they were so fab just makes my skin crawl. Hungry Like a Wolf makes me want to hurl now.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    When I learned that Diane Downs shot her kids in the back seat of her car listening to her favorite band, Duran Duran, just so her lover would take her back.... I haven't been able to stomach their music since. Something about a selfish bitch thinking they were so fab just makes my skin crawl. Hungry Like a Wolf makes me want to hurl now.
    I forgot all about them. I thought they sucked back then, and they suck now. Never understood all the hoopla about them.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Ok, I heard Nickelback in the car today and it refreshed my memory. they do indeed suck bigtime.
    YES they do.

Nickleback!! all of their stuff sounds the same and their lead singer is so FUG .. I throw up in my mouth a little bit evertime I see him.

Metallica is also one of the shittest no talent bands IMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    You must be deaf. The Beatles were not great musicians, they were great songwriters and, with the help of George Martin, changed the way rock music was recorded and how people listened to it. They turned it from a novelty into art.

They did cover Buck Owens and many others, but I challenge you to show where they stole anything. Hell the Stones recorded Lennon/McCartney songs! There will never be another band that had so much impact across the board. They broke up 37 years ago and we're still talking and listening...musta done something right.
    Put on any of Buck Owens greatest hits and its all there if you would listen.They didnt change anything in my eyes. They didnt invent the modern recording studio.They are good songwriters but I feel they are given waaaaay to much credit. So what you are saying is that before the Beatles all music was a novelty. Thats the most idiotic thing Ive ever heard.Early Beatles were nothing more than good looking marketable guys trying to sound like a cross between Little Richard and Buck Owens and the Buckaroos. The reason we still talk about them is because they got rammed down everyones throats. People liked them at the time because they were white and all the girls who were fainting over them at the time didn't know any better or their parents wouldnt let them listen to black music. You know what, your ae right about one thing, They changed how music was marketed. Boy band status. HAHA

TNpuck Guest
    Well it's pretty clear you have no idea. If you read my post you would have noticed that I said "rock and roll" not "all music". Pay attention. Rock and roll in the early sixties was composed of people like Frankie Avalon, Fabian etc, so yes it had turned into a novelty.

They had a direct impact on song structure, implementing chord changes that were not usually associated with popular music. I never said they invented the modern studio either. But most engineers, myself included, are still astonished to this day that Sgt. Pepper was recorded on four tracks. FOUR. Listen to Strawberry Fields, where three versions of the same song, each in a different key and tempo, were seamlessly spliced together creating a masterpiece. Their experimentation in the studio paved the way for future bands, like Pink Floyd, to further expand on it's potential.

Seriously, all early rock and roll was a cross of country and R & B so of course you're going to hear what you want, but what makes the Beatles different is how they emerged and created their own unique style that became the voice of a generation.

Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    I spent many a drunk night having the time of my life with GNR, Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue...yada yada yada...
    So are you suggesting my listening to grunge music in the mid 90's contributed to my not getting laid until I was 19? You know, you may be onto something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    I came out of a New Orleans nightclub years ago when I guy said to no one in particular "if their Better Than Ezra, I'd hate to see Ezra."

Sweet Jesus they sucked.
    LOL!!!! man that was funny.

And to throw in my 2 cents, I feel the Beatles were awesome songwriters but were also in the right place at the right time. The world was changing, technology was changing... they were the best suited for the job of showing the world where rock music should go past that point. Poster children if you will.
    Last edited by Jason; 11-02-2007 at 11:24 AM.

derbingle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    I do like Wings, though. Go figure...
    Reminds me of an old joke:
    What's the name of the horse with wings?
    Pegasis
    What's the name of the lion with wings?
    Griffin
    What's the name of the dog with Wings?
    Linda McCartney
    lol
    I can't handle Queen, Freddie Mercury's voice is like fingernails on the chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by derbingle View Post
    Reminds me of an old joke:
    What's the name of the horse with wings?
    Pegasis
    What's the name of the lion with wings?
    Griffin
    What's the name of the dog with Wings?
    Linda McCartney
    lol
    That's pretty good. Yeah, Linda was the joke of the band. I remember she "performed" at some show on keyboards (which she could barely play) and sang backup (when she could hardly sing). I guess Paul just wanted his woman alongside of him at all times - no matter how humiliating it would be at times.

I see dead people Guest
    Incubus ~ just don't get it!

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Awwww, don't feel bad. I like Led Zeppelin.
    What do THESE people know anyway!? LOL!
    My electronic music professor went on a rant one day saying how modern music can be traced back to two bands, the Beatles and Zeppelin. I agree.

Listen to Zepp sing "Since I've Been Loving You" live at the BBC and tell me they don't kick some serious ass!!

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tgster View Post
    Speaking of death... From reading all your posts, my question is rock dead?
    Maybe not entirely...I think it just got a really bad face lift back in the '80's.

I'm a classic Rock lover myself. Most of the other stuff pales by comparison IMO. That's probably at least partly age talking. I've always liked individual songs more than genres anyway but, as far as that goes, I'm more into Celtic sounds now.

Mamma Guest
    Menudo.

I think most bands stay together too long...isn't it normally one of the first three albums that turns out to be the masterpiece...if one was made...

Interesting themes here...most of these bands are:

imitators
    monotonous
    out of the generation of the poster...

Interesting question...is there any band universally liked/respected?

BeeCee Guest

[SIZE=3]Well put - could not agree more![/SIZE]

I never listen to the radio; it's too risky...for all of the reasons stated above.

nickelback.
    l belong to the facebook group 'every time nickelback is played, god kills a llama.'
    best quote: 'if mullets made sounds, they would sound like nickelback.'

Journey
    Foreigner
    REO Speedwagon

Nickelback, CREED!!! ugh! all current rock that's out right now. i <3 classic rock.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Kathyf Guest
    Simon and Garfunkel,
    Last edited by Kathyf; 11-09-2007 at 02:57 PM.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I hate all pop music from the 70s forward except ABBA, The Carpenters, Carole King, and Lite R&B like the Delfonics and Stylistics. Pretty much if it was played on popular radio then I can't stand it. FM in the seventies took a dive with the whole Journey/Foreigner/Styx/REO/Boston/Kansas ("travel exhausts me"~~ Hedwig). In the 80s, there was a major probelm with music. All of that metal thingy was crap Warrant and Poinson will produce involuntary vommitting in my home. Sorry dears. There was a lot of stuff that was deemed "New Wave" that was truly horrific, but other music such as Ian Curtis, Peter Murphy, etc. that was good. The 90s produced Tool, which was good, but anything that can be labeled eventually goes bad...alas "grunge". Do you guys remember that song, "Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe"? That song was great. O.k., back to what I hate. I can't stand any current pop music. Period.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Dexys Midnight Runners...
    I hate that Come on Eileen song.

erin Guest
    My electronic music professor went on a rant one day saying how modern music can be traced back to two bands, the Beatles and Zeppelin. I agree.

Listen to Zepp sing "Since I've Been Loving You" live at the BBC and tell me they don't kick some serious ass!!
    if you wanna go way back, most music can be directly attributed to beethoven, mozart, bach, etc. all you have to do is listen to hear all the modern day roch, metal, ,pretty much anything good. for me it is really hard to pick a band that i hate, but i do dislike bands like rage against the machine. the rap/rock combo doesn't do it for me. i have to admit i cringe when people say they despise the beatles or zeppelin. like it or not, they were it back then, and they paved the way for so many more.

TNpuck Guest
    You're right Erin, I probably should have put "modern rock music".

I love classical music. Bach is the best, IMO, but I'm partial to the Baroque period.

Back on topic, I can't stand Coldplay. That guy's voice gets on my last nerve.
    Last edited by TNpuck; 11-10-2007 at 01:29 AM.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Whammer Jammer View Post
    Journey
    Foreigner
    REO Speedwagon
    Sinner.

deathybrad Guest
    I thought that as a group we were more eclectic and open minded as to use the word hate and music in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Sinner.
    LOL - I have to agree!