Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Pretty much every "rock" band that's come out in the last 6 years. I don't get the emo thing at all...can't stand it!

As far as older bands are concerned, I'd say:

Creed
    U2
    Coldplay --I don't get the obession...they suck.
    The Rolling Stones
    The Beatles --they are not the greatest musicians ever to exist. People act like they're Gods or something.

ohh, and Ozzy Osborne has totally ruined himself for me with all his reality show crap. Dude, you're a Rockstar...don't do stupid reality shows...you're not Bret Michaels!

Never understood the hype around Nirvana, or Kurt Cobain either.
    I was that way all throughout the '90's, but a few years ago I gave them a serious listen and I kind of enjoyed them. I don't think they're as good as history remembers them, though. And they certainly were not the best of the Seattle 'Grunge' bands.
    Last edited by Two Lost Souls; 03-24-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    I just pray that we're not entering a new generation that will only like musicians or actors only because of their looks or appeal...or else music will never be the same again.

Image has totally ruined music. If you go back to the 60's and 70's musicians looked like people you saw at local bars and no one cared because they made great music. Today it's all about looking good and making subpar music. I don't think that will change any time soon, if ever. It's a darn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Lost Souls View Post
    Image has totally ruined music. If you go back to the 60's and 70's musicians looked like people you saw at local bars and no one cared because they made great music. Today it's all about looking good and making subpar music. I don't think that will change any time soon, if ever. It's a darn shame.
    Its always been like that MTV just exacerbated it at the beginning of the 80s. You saw much Duran Duran but very little Joe Jackson.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Its always been like that MTV just exacerbated it at the beginning of the 80s. You saw much Duran Duran but very little Joe Jackson.
    Yeah, but I'm not talking just about clothes and hair. The musicians from the 80's would be considered ugly by todays standards. Even in the 80's it was more about individuality when it came to image. These days it's all about looking the same. Designer this, designer that...plastic face, plastic boobs, etc. As long as you look like that, it doesn't matter how bad your voice is, the computer will just fix it for you...they'll play it on the radio over and over...you're a hit! Not to mention all the songs sound exactly the same!

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    Because Fujicakes saw fit to resurrect this thread, I have to weigh in because I wasn't here when it died. And please, no jokes about my weight...

I saw all four of those bands in their respective heydays, and grew to regard them in varying degrees of disrespect in later years, to wit:

KISS: "Alive!" and "Destroyer" changed my life forever, and I was in the audience (age 13) at the recording of "Alive II" at the L.A. (but actually in Inglewood) Forum. Cheap Trick opened. Yes, to hardcore KISSers, I WAS THERE (and I lost the button they handed out at the door, and then the t-shirt wore out).

KISS' travails and various reunions in the 90s and on were great then, sadly now laughable again. If Gene's vices involved more than just sex and money, who knows where they'd stand now? They'd certainly amount to more than a ghost of a band (having fired Ace and Pete all over again) that Gene now hangs his A&E show upon. That said, don't miss the Kiss Symphony DVD they did in Australia with Pete, Tommy Thayer and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Incredible!

Those other bands, sorry, piss off -- aside from giving Cheap Trick a nod for maintaining/reuniting their original lineup, I have moved on. So should they.

I think I love you--wanna go make out somewhere?

THE DOOBiE BROTHERS...................painful !!!
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I think most of Kurt and Nirvana's fame came AFTER he died..... Courtney did it...... sorry, but she had something to do with it

They had only what..one album? Two?
    Pearl Jam and Soundgarden rank with Nirvana as the top Seattle acts, Heart as well.... but nobody thinks of Alice in Chains. They were out first, and my boys are still the best there ever was <3
    Yes I know I'm completely biased..... it's a habit

Added to the list of drano sucking: John Denver....... EEK!

tarantinofan123 Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    Sum 41
    Good Charlotte
    Fall Out Boy
    Boston
    REO Sdeedwagon
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Pearl Jam
    Blink 182
    AFI
    KORN
    Limp Bizkit
    any and ALL those stupid emo bands.

Ok I am sick and tired about all these people saying AFI has gone all emo. they just progressed as a band.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

Video killed the Radio stars baby

STORMIE Guest
    Nickelback, Nickelback, and oh, did I mention Nickelback. That guy's voice grates on my nerves like a cheese grater and all their songs sound the same.

Nerak Guest
    Nickelback sucks ass

Long Gone Day Guest
    Oh, I wouldn't know where to begin.....

Every time I turn on the radio and flip through the stations I think, "This sucks....that sucks....this sucks....that sucks..." and then I end up listening to my MP3 player anyway.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

ZoeAnne Guest
    Korn
    System of a Down
    Rage Against the Machine
    Beastie Boyz
    Nirvana
    Limp Bizkit
    All annoy me the most (in no particlar order)
    Altho some of their stuff is ok....Static X can really get on my nerves. (I'm glad that most of my faves have not been mentioned)

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Every time I turn on the radio and flip through the stations I think, "This sucks....that sucks....this sucks....that sucks..." and then I end up listening to my MP3 player anyway.
    Sounds like me!!

ChargerBill Guest
    U2, Bono is nails on a chalkboard to me

Nerak Guest
    U2

Eerie Frightenstein Guest
    They all suck. Although most would say the same about what I listen to. My favorite genre's have never been "popular", so I don't have to worry (for the most part). Heres what I listen to:

Old school country
    Rockabilly
    Psychobilly
    Old school punk & hardcore
    Slayer (my one metal band)

That stuff will NEVER be commercially viable, and I hope it never does.

Nerak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Frightenstein View Post
    They all suck. Although most would say the same about what I listen to. My favorite genre's have never been "popular", so I don't have to worry (for the most part). Heres what I listen to:

Old school country
    Rockabilly
    Psychobilly
    Old school punk & hardcore
    Slayer (my one metal band)

That stuff will NEVER be commercially viable, and I hope it never does.

S L A Y E R !!!

Hobbes12 Guest
    Any boy bands...

DJ's_Hub-Hag Guest
    I prefer solo artists over bands anyday. I detest heavy metal & grunge music genres so EVERY heavy metal/grunge music band would be on my list. Some bands that come to mind that I can't stand are:

Guns N roses
    Poison
    Nirvana
    Pearl Jam
    Rush
    AC/DC
    Pink Floyd

BTW: I AM a Beatles fan!! I like singing along with Beatles songs

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's_Hub-Hag View Post
    I prefer solo artists over bands anyday. I detest heavy metal & grunge music genres so EVERY heavy metal/grunge music band would be on my list. Some bands that come to mind that I can't stand are:

Guns N roses
    Poison
    Nirvana
    Pearl Jam
    Rush
    AC/DC
    Pink Floyd

BTW: I AM a Beatles fan!! I like singing along with Beatles songs

I usually wouldn't argue with one's opinion but I believe GnR were one of the best bands to come out of the 80's and Appetite for Destruction is a great album from beginning to end. The rest of your list I agree with except for a song or two by Pearl Jam.

BTW love your sig.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I banned someone for calling a woman a cunt and a twat. I banned another for calling someone a fat lard eating dyke. You call that quick wit? I didnt say 1 word about you. I said kid rock has no talent in my opinon.

He always looks like he needs a bath.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    He always looks like he needs a bath.
    LMAO!! Doesn't he though? I can't even listen to his lastest fare on the radio. Pisses me off every time I realize it's not Werewolves of London! At least THAT song had some decent lyrics! (I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's and his hair was perfect.)

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    LMAO!! Doesn't he though? I can't even listen to his lastest fare on the radio. Pisses me off every time I realize it's not Werewolves of London! At least THAT song had some decent lyrics! (I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's and his hair was perfect.)
    Radio killed that song by overplaying it. I've heard it enough for this lifetime.
    They should play other Zevon stuff instead.

Meatloaf - the dude seems ok but can't stand his music

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Radio killed that song by overplaying it. I've heard it enough for this lifetime.
    They should play other Zevon stuff instead.
    I can agree with that. Especially when Warren's other stuff was really good and not just a novelty song.

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahDahling View Post
    I think I love you--wanna go make out somewhere?
    How in the world did I miss this? Does the offer still stand? I'll let you pick the music.

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    How in the world did I miss this? Does the offer still stand? I'll let you pick the music.
    Dahling I believe this is referred to as a "booty call" and a LATE one I might add!
    I'll check my book and get back with ya

I can't even remember if I answered this. The list is ever expanding.

Nickelback. They just get worse and worse.

Jonas Bros. I don't understand? Make me understand?

Jessica Simpson --- Although, I will say her going to country music was a good decision. Her voice fits better in country.

Britney Spears - it is just a rehashing of the same crap. It sounded better two albums ago.

I have a new one. Kings of Leon. What the fuck is everyone going crazy over? They sound like something you would hear on a kotex commercial.

lolomac Guest
    I just do not get Lady Gaga. Craptacular

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Nickleback...no talent turds
    Stained as in shit stain....moping jackassess...my dad didn't love me...whaa!

HBennett Guest
    See If I can do this before my laptop battery dies-

Bands that suck ass
    Seether, Nickelback, LimpBizkit(they fucked up 2 Ministry songs), any rap/rock bullshit, ICP and whatever they call that genre of garbage, emo bands, I could go on more...

Good stuff-

Ministry, Primus, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Kreator, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, White Zombie, Sepultura, Soulfly, Old school Metallica, Slayer, Tom Petty, Jane's Addiction, Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd etc etc etc!

I have a new one. Kings of Leon. What the fuck is everyone going crazy over? They sound like something you would hear on a kotex commercial.
    Listen to the beginning of this one. Tell me it doesn't sound like they're singing 'Kooooooo-tex' over and over again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZfJ...eature=channel

Carrie Guest
    I can NOT stand Green Day. The music isn't bad, but the singer, ugh, I despise his voice.

DexterFan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lolomac View Post
    I just do not get Lady Gaga. Craptacular
    thank god somebody who feels the same as I do, what an overated skank!!!

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I can NOT stand Green Day. The music isn't bad, but the singer, ugh, I despise his voice.
    Aww Billie Joe is awesome, I'm biased though they are my favourite band lol.

I can't stand slipknot, they give me a headache. My boyfriend listens to them and I have to leave the room lol.
    Last edited by heaven01uk; 10-15-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: I had a dumb moment

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Listen to the beginning of this one. Tell me it doesn't sound like they're singing 'Kooooooo-tex' over and over again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZfJ...eature=channel
    It sounds like the background music for some tween show. I can just see Claire Danes moping around on some lake shore after some guy stood her up for the prom.

Well said. I don't get them at all.

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post

I can't stand slipknot, they give me a headache. My boyfriend listens to them and I have to leave the room lol.
    I'll be nice, because I don't want to bash your boys! My son (12 years old) thinks Green Day is THE band. I guess my problem with them is I've heard it all before. So one day, we're riding in the truck, and 21 Guns comes on. Something seems so familiar. They get to the chorus and it hit me, so I start singing "ALLLLLL, ALL THE YOUNG DUUUUUDES". Pissed. Him. OFF!

Later that night, as I hear him blasting that damn new CD, I notice he keeps going back to "Know Your Enemy". I play guitar...and I'm thinking "Hey...I can do that". I run downstairs and sure enough, it's just three chords, and I have a preset on my amp that gets me pretty close to BJ's sound on that one. Now, I have played all kind of stuff for my kid, usually get an "eh, that's okay Dad" response. I mean, I have pulled out all the Van Halen tricks, two-hand tapping and stuff, just showing off. Nothing. I bring him downstairs and start bashing out these three chords...and he goes nuts! "DAD! You can play GREEN DAY?? That is so cool!".

Sigh...

I will give BJ credit, a good three-chord hook will move some CDs. He's not stupid.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    I'll be nice, because I don't want to bash your boys! My son (12 years old) thinks Green Day is THE band. I guess my problem with them is I've heard it all before. So one day, we're riding in the truck, and 21 Guns comes on. Something seems so familiar. They get to the chorus and it hit me, so I start singing "ALLLLLL, ALL THE YOUNG DUUUUUDES". Pissed. Him. OFF!

Later that night, as I hear him blasting that damn new CD, I notice he keeps going back to "Know Your Enemy". I play guitar...and I'm thinking "Hey...I can do that". I run downstairs and sure enough, it's just three chords, and I have a preset on my amp that gets me pretty close to BJ's sound on that one. Now, I have played all kind of stuff for my kid, usually get an "eh, that's okay Dad" response. I mean, I have pulled out all the Van Halen tricks, two-hand tapping and stuff, just showing off. Nothing. I bring him downstairs and start bashing out these three chords...and he goes nuts! "DAD! You can play GREEN DAY?? That is so cool!".

Sigh...

I will give BJ credit, a good three-chord hook will move some CDs. He's not stupid.
    Lol even if you did bash them I am use to it. My boyfriend constantly abuses Green Day, some of the stuff he comes out with is actually pretty funny.
    My 4 year old hunted down Green Day on the tv for me one morning then come running into the kitchen to tell me lol, shes a star.

RubySlippers Guest
    I have a problem with Cheap Trick. I know a lot of y'all like them, but I really can't stand them. Their music just doesn't seem special to me.

Creed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I saw them open for U2 a few years back. I was underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    I second this, I love Green Day. American Idiot is the decade's best album, IMHO.

Another band that annoys me:

AC/DC. I like their music, but can't stand Angus Young. There's only so much of the schoolboy head flop schtick that I can tolerate. And I personally think he's one of the most overrated rock guitarists of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Another band that annoys me:

AC/DC. I like their music, but can't stand Angus Young. There's only so much of the schoolboy head flop schtick that I can tolerate. And I personally think he's one of the most overrated rock guitarists of all time.
    The suit is getting old but Angus has done more with three chords than any other guitarist I can think of. After Back in Black the music isnt that good. All the Bon Scott stuff is great though.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I second this, I love Green Day. American Idiot is the decade's best album, IMHO.
    I agree American Idiot is an amazing album.

DexterFan Guest
    Slipknot..makes you wonder whats under those creepy masks