Page 1 of 15 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock bands you can't stand

Rock bands you can't stand

Ok, im gonna take some sh#t but, I hate the Beatles with a passion. They aren't the only ones.My opinon only of course.

Godsmack-Wannabe Alice in Chains
    Nirvana-Over played, Over rated
    Queen- I think it was Wayne's World that killed em for me.
    Every scremo band
    Rob/White Zombie-How many times can you say "YEAH!!" in a song.
    Marylyn Manson-Wanna be Alice Cooper
    Oasis-Wannabe Beatles
    Coldplay-Wannabe Oasis
    Korn-every song sounds the same
    Those guy's who play thier acoustic guitars in coffee shops for 15 year old girls who think they are rock stars.
    Limp Biscut-fred durst
    Rage against the Machine-Dont like the rap rock thing
    Last edited by JefeStone; 10-29-2007 at 09:11 AM.

FoxMulder Guest
    I don't like the Beatles either. Oasis annoy me too. HINDER, TRAPT, Rihanna, Plain White Tees, just about every band you see on MTV today I CAN'T STAND, i.e. Fucking Fall Out Boy, MCR, P!ATD, Good Charlotte are all on my shit list.

Morrissey Guest
    Most "rock" bands are talentless, in my opinion.

Especially in the past ten years -- jesus christ, is everything that comes out just dreck?

The worst I've ever heard was Fall Out Boy, though.

I can't even bear it.

Past 10 years....The Mars Volta...Hmmm..Thats about the only rock band I like from the past 10 years.. Queens of the Stone Age are ok too.

FoxMulder Guest
    Again, everything the music industry has barfed up lately has been hokey, cookie-cutter, tired, disingenuous garbage. Music on the radio these days can best be summed up as aural pollution.

I kinda like it that way. I like going to shows and most of the bands I like arent too well known so they are usually small and intimate. Im done with arena shows for the most part unless it's Tool.

The "Classics" that make me ralph:

Rush
    Journey
    REO SpeedWagon
    Boston
    Jethro Tull

Later stuff that makes me puke:

Anyone who does that DeathMetal schlock. Sounds like a bunch of posturing apes.

Anyone who screams through the whole song. At least if you're gonna scream, have a decent sounding voice to begin with. Screaming like an ass continually isn't singing or clever or lyrically satirical. It's just crap.

Any BoyBand that claims to be a rock band.

I'm sure there's more but I feel all bitchy now so I should stop, LOL. Thanks for this thread though. It was fun. If I think of more, I'll be back.

Carrie Guest
    I never liked Journey, or any of the 80's hair bands.

onehunglow Guest
    Any "Easy Listening" band that is promote as rock. America, Bread, Seals & Crofts, Haul & Oats. The last of the Rockers- Joan Jett

Danny62 Guest
    Most anything recorded in the last ten years is total JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    I don't like any kind of new music, if you can call it music at all.
    I also loathe Journey, REO, Boston, the Bee Jees, Heart, and Lynrd Sknrd, to name a few! And also all "new" country!

I honestly can't say there are bands I flat out hate... if I had to pick a genre of music it would be metal and then the subcategory of glam (hair) metal from the 80's. Nickleback kind of gets on my nerves though.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    Yup...I dislike Nickelback as well. My phone rang when I was in the middle of my list.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Sum 41
    Good Charlotte
    Fall Out Boy
    Boston
    REO Sdeedwagon
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Pearl Jam
    Blink 182
    AFI
    KORN
    Limp Bizkit
    any and ALL those stupid emo bands.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Rush
    To quote Eric Cartman:

God I hate you guys.
    I really, really hate you guys.

Screw you, I'm going home.

monhol Guest
    the rolling stones. they need to sit their old asses down somewhere. go play with the grandkids and they probably have at least one great grand. they look like the walking dead. they were all ugly from the gate, now they look worse. and women are actually still having sex with those wrinkled up men. i work with the elderly so i know what they really look like.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I never liked Journey, or any of the 80's hair bands.
    Noooooo ... I LOVE the 80's hair bands!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Most anything recorded in the last ten years is total JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Jill-the-Ripper View Post
    Yup...I dislike Nickelback as well.
    Is it just me, or do ALL of their songs sound the same???

Oh-- and HERE'S something that totally irritates me -- Rap & Hip Hop artists (and I use that word very loosely) who think that they've created something original by taking an existing song, tweaking the beat a little and giving it new lyrics. Arrrggghhh ...

Poison
    Guns N Roses
    White Lion
    Great White
    Bon Jovi
    Pearl Jam
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden
    AC-DC (after Bon Scott died)

Basically any rock bands formed during the mid-80's and afterwards.

Sorry, I like all the classic ones!

magblax Guest
    Currently...Nickleback.

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Poison
    Guns N Roses
    White Lion
    Great White
    Bon Jovi
    Pearl Jam
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden
    AC-DC (after Bon Scott died)

Basically any rock bands formed during the mid-80's and afterwards.

Sorry, I like all the classic ones!
    Oh, Aries. And I was loving you so much! No Bon Jovi? Not even a little??? Ok, I'll stop. I do have to agree with the rest of your list. I'd also like to add:

Linkin Park
    SISTER HAZEL OH, GOD! I HATE THEM!!!!!!
    Slip Knot

tgster Guest
    Speaking of death... From reading all your posts, my question is rock dead?

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Rush
    Journey
    REO SpeedWagon
    Boston
    Jethro Tull

Later stuff that makes me puke:

Anyone who does that DeathMetal schlock. Sounds like a bunch of posturing apes.

Anyone who screams through the whole song. At least if you're gonna scream, have a decent sounding voice to begin with. Screaming like an ass continually isn't singing or clever or lyrically satirical. It's just crap.

Any BoyBand that claims to be a rock band.

I'm sure there's more but I feel all bitchy now so I should stop, LOL. Thanks for this thread though. It was fun. If I think of more, I'll be back.

The fact that you even put Jetro Tull in there with those others indicates that you haven't heard any of their songs so boo on your choice Miss lady. lol

RoRo Guest
    I hate...
    Pearl Jam
    Rush
    Pink Floyd
    When they come on the radio I practically have a wreck trying to get em gone!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Any "Easy Listening" band that is promote as rock. America, Bread, Seals & Crofts, Haul & Oats. The last of the Rockers- Joan Jett

Are ya saying ya like Joan or don't like Joan? I sure hope ya don't hate her...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Currently...Nickleback.
    Yep. And they have the most JUVENILE lyrics I have ever heard. Blahhh.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Nickelback ,Dave Matthews & Linkin Park...horrible awful shite

Jack Raines Guest
    I hate:
    Guns N Roses
    Bon Jovi
    Black Label Society
    Limp Bizkit
    Matchbox 20
    The Verve
    Dave Matthews Band
    Linkin Park
    Nickelback
    AFI
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic At The Disco
    Blink 182
    3 Doors Down - They're from the town I grew up in (Escatawpa, MS) and are all redneck sleazebags, especially their bass player Todd Harrell. I went to highschool with the lead singer's wife Terika, and she was really stuck-up. And their music is a rip-off of Matchbox 20.

On my way to the grocery store tonight, I heard a few more I can't stand:

Styx
    Kansas

knothere Guest
    the darknessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    The fact that you even put Jetro Tull in there with those others indicates that you haven't heard any of their songs so boo on your choice Miss lady. lol
    It's our opinions we're giving. So boo hoo to you too! LOL

The Darkness
    Bon Jovi
    Foreigner
    REO Speedwagon
    AC/DC

atlantis Guest
    I really detest Nirvana. People are always drooling about how prolific they were...NOT...all they did was bitch and moan in their funky grunge clothing...Jesus, that was annoying. It should have been all fun: sex,drugs and rock and roll (like it had been up until then), but they just complained their asses off.

Then Cobain goes and offs himself and bolts on his baby girl. What a drama queen. How lame. My husband does think that Courtney killed him/had him killed. I don't know what I think about that b/c I hate Nirvana so much.

Sorry...I'm just tired :-) Night night!

atlantis Guest
    his baby girl meaning his daughter.

MbalmR Guest
    I honestly don't know who half the bands mentioned on this thread are, so I'm assuming they're not favorites of mine, but I have to give JefeStone credit for sticking his neck out by mentioning the Beatles, because honestly, I've never really "gotten" their later music myself (and it's like sacrilege to admit that at my age.) I've never much cared for Rush. Hip Hop or Rap or whatever it's called now enrages me, simply because of the "culture" it conjures up in my head. Pants at half mast! Do Rags! Huge gold chains the size of a boat anchor! No thanks.
    Last edited by MbalmR; 11-01-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    I really detest Nirvana. People are always drooling about how prolific they were...NOT...all they did was bitch and moan in their funky grunge clothing...Jesus, that was annoying. It should have been all fun: sex,drugs and rock and roll (like it had been up until then), but they just complained their asses off.

Then Cobain goes and offs himself and bolts on his baby girl. What a drama queen. How lame. My husband does think that Courtney killed him/had him killed. I don't know what I think about that b/c I hate Nirvana so much.

Nirvana was great, pretty much my all-time favorite band. You're opinion is wrong. Just, kidding. Different strokes and shit...

But seriously, I don't think Nirvana ever really complained in their music. That's just the media's perception, and something bitter, mis-informed metal-heads say. And as for "grung style" they dressed that way, because they were from Washington state, logging country and it was cold. And Kurt was ashamed of how skinny he was, so he wore several extra layers of clothing. It's not their fault it became a trend. And in my opinion it was much better than that emo crap, kids are into these days.

And your husband is right about Cobain being murdered.

End of rant.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 11-01-2007 at 04:33 AM.

atlantis Guest
    What is this emo stuff I keep hearing about? Not knowing what it is obviously means I'm old but I'm over it.

And Mbalmer; I have never ever liked the Beatles. I don't get it? But I am 36 so maybe it's a generation thing. And it might have something to do with the fact that Elvis was all I ever heard around my house.

I don't totally hate them (like I do Nirvana...sorry, dude! Like you said, different strokes...) I like their older stuff better; I guess that would be the psychedelic stuff? I don't care for their 50's stuff, even Elvis' 50's stuff for that matter. I do like some 50's stuff, like the Platters (or were they 60's....)

I do like Wings, though. Go figure...

atlantis Guest
    No, their psychedelic stuff would be their newer stuff...Dang it, I am always screwing my posts up...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post

ummm Atlantis... you can not hate Nirvana because they were so damn GOOD... I really think you need to listen to them again, maybe you heard the wrong band and thought it was Nirvana? ever consider that!!! I say Nirvana is good therefor EVERYONE MUST LIKE THEM!!!!

<Don't let opinion pushing control you... tell a friend before getting behind
    a computer>

sorry, my crack just kicked in... anyway, in my old age I appreciate Nirvana less and less... when I was 16 and learning guitar they were essential because they were so damn simple!!! now I can't really listen to them because I already find depression creeps up on me enough and music is one of the things I need to bring me out of it, not suck me back in.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Wow, I think you guys named Every band that I hate as well with no exceptions.
    Really makes you consider that the state of "popular" music today is in extremely bad shape.
    It also says just how much record execs (aka Know-It-Alls) are out of touch.

TNpuck Guest
    Nirvana killed the guitar solo! I don't hate them but I do believe they may be a little overrated.

How can anyone hate the Beatles?? They only reinvented, redefined and reinvigorated rock and roll!

atlantis Guest
    Maybe I'm just a little miffed that grunge killed my hairbands!!! I graduated in 1989 and I love anything from the 80's, honestly. But I spent many a drunk night having the time of my life with GNR, Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue...yada yada yada...One woman's treasure is another woman's garbage! It's cool, like the guy said several posts back...different strokes for different folks!

Come on now, I know someone wants to take a swipe the the King...get it out of your system...I got my rant out ;-)

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    Nirvana killed the guitar solo! I don't hate them but I do believe they may be a little overrated.

How can anyone hate the Beatles?? They only reinvented, redefined and reinvigorated rock and roll!
    I like the Beatles although I am not one of the dyed in the wool Beatles fans (my taste runs more alternative/punk/new wave/indie/alt. country etc.) but I do appreciate the Beatles.
    One observation though to be fair, the Beatles were just as prone as any band to come up with some incredibly lousy stuff. They seem to get a free pass on their lame songs that other bands would be brutalized for. Rocky Raccoon anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I like the Beatles although I am not one of the dyed in the wool Beatles fans (my taste runs more alternative/punk/new wave/indie/alt. country etc.) but I do appreciate the Beatles.
    One observation though to be fair, the Beatles were just as prone as any band to come up with some incredibly lousy stuff. They seem to get a free pass on their lame songs that other bands would be brutalized for. Rocky Raccoon anyone?

I live The Beatles too - but I have to agree, I'm a "cherry picker" type of fan of theirs - I only like a few of their songs here and there. Rocky Raccoon is defintely not one the ones I like either!

I like their old rockabilly type of stuff - the stuff they did before they started dropping Acid and hanging out with the Marashi.

goldil Guest
    Dokken. Good Lord, do I hate Dokken. I literally get nauseous whenever I hear Dokken.

45. 11-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Lets see, the Beatles first album was pretty much all Buck Owens songs with different lyrics. Im a Buck fan so that is enough for me not to like them right there.
    They sold alot of records, I give them that but it was because they wrote (or stole)
    some catchy songs and they were photogenic. Brian Epstein created the marketing scheme, Beatlemania! The first BOY band. No innovative depth (Pink Floyd). No great musicianship (King Crimson).Three minute pop songs dont make you great. The Velvet Undergound were doing far more innovative stuff durring the Sgt Pepper era, The Beatles golden age. Beatles, N'Synch, Back Street Boys, New Kids on the Block, Same thing in my ears.

Dokken's not bad. George Lynch is a great guitarist. They have like 3 or 4 songs I like. I like 80's butt rock though.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    the Beatles did NOTHING for em either. those four were crammed down everyones pipe growing up. so, YEAH, most people ARE gonna say they love em. sorry, I can't stand em. they were BORING!!!!!!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Well if there was a list of VERY popular bands (Not those middle of the road type popular bands but HUGE Stars) with loyal followings who become incredible huge musically but who I think are over rated and to be honest, I don't like at all, I'd say Led Zepplin, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, Aerosmith, Billy Joel and I'm sure I will think of more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Well if there was a list of VERY popular bands (Not those middle of the road type popular bands but HUGE Stars) with loyal followings who become incredible huge musically but who I think are over rated and to be honest, I don't like at all, I'd say Led Zepplin, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, Aerosmith, Billy Joel and I'm sure I will think of more later.
    I agree with you totally except for Led Zeppelin. Before them there was no hard rock with any balls at all. Them and Sabbath are great to me.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I agree with you totally except for Led Zeppelin. Before them there was no hard rock with any balls at all. Them and Sabbath are great to me.
    People like what they like and it's cool to me.
    I never could get into Zepplin. I think Plant's caterwauling and that awful guitar with the violin bow was pretty horrendous. I do however like Sabbath.
    Billy Joel....well that's the big mystery to me. It's amazing how many people enjoy a glorified lounge singer.