Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin DuBrow (Quiet Riot)

marimbagirl Guest

Kevin DuBrow

TMZ.com is reporting that Quiet Riot singer, Kevin DuBrow, was just found dead in his Las Vegas home.

www.tmz.com
    http://frankie-banali.com/

I wonder if he "Banged his head?" I know, terrible.

death hag dee Guest
    Wow thats so weird!!! I wonder what happened??? (drugs anyone?)

magblax Guest
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...iet_riot.jhtml
    Quiet Riot confirmed this on their website. Cause of death is undetermined.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I wonder if he "Banged his head?" I know, terrible.
    Oh man that's bad. LOL! He sure was young. I didn't even know he lived out here in Vegas. Guess I'll have to watch the news now.

Kevin Debrow - Quiet Riot

LOS ANGELES - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner??s Office said. She said an autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.

??I can??t even find the words to say,? Quiet Riot bandmate Frankie Banali said on his Web site. ??Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow.?

Quiet Riot, which was founded in the mid-1970s, topped the Billboard charts in 1983 with the album ??Metal Health,? spurred on by the massive hit single ??Cum on Feel the Noize.?

The band has since endured break-ups and personnel changes but released a new album in 2006 and continued to tour sporadically.

----

ComputerGuy Guest
    Wooh. That's messed up

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death hag dee View Post
    Wow thats so weird!!! I wonder what happened??? (drugs anyone?)
    there is a rumor going around that it may have been suicide. but it's still just a rumor.

Wow! I was just watching the Heavy Metal doc on VH1 Classic Saturday! RIP, Kevin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Andrea Guest
    I saw that too. I never much liked Quiet Riot but more of the 80's come to an end once again.......I was more of a Crue head than a Quiet Riot fan but this does comes as a sad shock.

That's very sad.

Tebssis Guest
    Boy, it's really sad no matter the cause of death that he was so young by today's standards. Not that big a fan of Quiet Riot, but still respected the bands' efforts. RIP Kevin.

greekfrk Guest
    Big time bummer. Another distinctive voice gone.

Kathyf Guest
    I just saw that too. so sad. I posted him on the third death Thread.

Miss Swallow Guest
    I feel old now. He wasn't even 20 years older than me. When we were kids in the early 80s, my cousin & his friends were huge Quiet Riot fans. I was more into Duran Duran.

Growing up I was a HUGE Quiet Riot fan. I was thrilled to have the chance to see them about 2 years ago (with Ratt and Cinderella). RIP Kevin

The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

SistaSara Guest
    I feel a "Behind the Music" coming on....

Cathy J. Guest
    Hard to believe it has been 24 years since I first heard of Quiet Riot. And to think the radio station where I first heard Cum On Feel the Noise, today plays religious music.

One thing about these hairbands of the 80s, wonder how much they got paid between the records and tapes ( cds ) and those concerts? I know some of them like Bon Jovi, Van halen, Poison, Motley Crew and perhaps Guns & Roses did quite well in the money department but the rest of them I have heard didn't really make that much money which is why it seemed they were always on tour back then. On the road 10 months out of the year and playing even in the most ghetto of places. Plus it seems many of them had a new album out year after year and many of those albums, the quality left much to be desired.

Most of them I heard lived more/less not that much above the average Joe. I wonder if that is true?

endsleigh03 Guest
    sad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevindubrowtop.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	1717  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cachluv Guest
    Something tells me it wasn't drugs. At least not directly. Something tells me it was heart related. Don't ask me why

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Something tells me it wasn't drugs. At least not directly. Something tells me it was heart related. Don't ask me why
    You and me, catchy-lee!

Hey, Marimbagirl! Another Okie... awright!

Irishlass Guest
    raise your hand if you think drugs are involved

Jazbabee Guest
    Hmmmm....lemme guess....was the station WAVA ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Hard to believe it has been 24 years since I first heard of Quiet Riot. And to think the radio station where I first heard Cum On Feel the Noise, today plays religious music.

One thing about these hairbands of the 80s, wonder how much they got paid between the records and tapes ( cds ) and those concerts? I know some of them like Bon Jovi, Van halen, Poison, Motley Crew and perhaps Guns & Roses did quite well in the money department but the rest of them I have heard didn't really make that much money which is why it seemed they were always on tour back then. On the road 10 months out of the year and playing even in the most ghetto of places. Plus it seems many of them had a new album out year after year and many of those albums, the quality left much to be desired.

Most of them I heard lived more/less not that much above the average Joe. I wonder if that is true?

relander Guest
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    I feel a "Behind the Music" coming on....
    I think Quiet Riot already had one. No doubt that they'll add to the episode though. I remember watching it (I get sucked into watching those whether I like the artist or not) and wondering how DuBrow was balding in the early 80s yet had a full head of hair later on. I mean, I know how but it was just odd and comical.

I think drugs had something to do with it. I doubt he was a full blown junkie but I suspect some drug use.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
    raise your hand if you think drugs are involved
    hand is raised but I think suicide by drug overdose

knothere Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inforthekill.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	1729 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dubrow-10.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	1730

i remember when my getoblaster ate my quiet riot casset it was the first to get chomped

deathybrad Guest
    So far they're calling it "undetermined". Does anyone have experience in what that means? Seems to me that it may be indicating suicide?

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Hmmmm....lemme guess....was the station WAVA ????
    You just received 100 points !!!

I don't know what is sadder. WAVA now being all religious or Baltimore's old B104 now Jazz.

At least they were better than the only rock choice we had here in Winchester back then. WVAI !!! Nothing like hearing Quiet Riot...on AM Radio !!

...and WVAI is long gone too. They blast out sports talk now.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    So far they're calling it "undetermined". Does anyone have experience in what that means? Seems to me that it may be indicating suicide?
    that's the rumor going around in the metal community. suicide it very well could be. nobody is saying much Frankie Banali and Glenn Hughes are not going into much detail about his death. actually, Frankie is asking that people respect his privacy while he mourns Kevin's death. it is sad.

Luffy66 Guest
    RIP Kevin

Irishlass Guest
    Could be a overdose..undetermined basiclly means they are no outward signs of trauma or illiness leading to the death.
    so they have to wait for tox screens and things of that nature before they decide what killed him and if foul play is indicated.

course i could be wrong but thats my take

Guest Guest
    well what it tells me is they need to wait for the toxicology to come back..that nothing was wrong medically with him, such as his heart, brain, liver etc...toxicology takes up to a couple of weeks and since they found nothing physically wrong to cause his death they would have to wait for those test results

Jersey Girl Guest
    Wow, I just heard about this. I'm stunned. I was a teen-into my early 20's in the 80's... and I was big time into the hair metal bands. While Quiet Riot wasn't my VERY favorite, I did like them. The Metal Health album was very much a part of my young life. RIP Kevin.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Hello you
    yes it's me
    You can't come back
    Your flyin' free
    You think you found
    Everything that you need
    Fly away, fly away
    To your new home
    Across the seas
    Oh leave your nest
    Oh baby leave the best thing
    That you've been
    Whoa, whoa, whoa
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    Fly on, spread your wings to the sky
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    On your own
    And I'm alone
    In the shadow
    Of what we done
    And I can't help but think
    That someday
    You'll be back home (whoa)
    Fly away, fly away
    To your new home
    Across the bay
    And give your best
    Ooh baby leave the best thing
    That you've been
    Oh, oh, oh
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly (fly on)
    (Ah, ah, ah, ah)
    (Ah, ah, ah, ah ah ah ah)
    When all is said
    All is done
    Still I live
    And carry on
    Don't look back
    But think of me
    We'll meet again
    Fly away (oh)
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    Fly on, Thunderbird fly
    You've got fly away
    On to the sky
    Fly on Thunderbird...
    Fly!

Jersey Girl Guest
    Ohhhh good song... I liked that one alot.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Ohhhh good song... I liked that one alot.
    that was my favorite from the Metal Health album. Kevin wrote that one as a tribute to Randy Rhoads. and it's kinda fitting for a tribute to Kevin as well.

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    that was my favorite from the Metal Health album. Kevin wrote that one as a tribute to Randy Rhoads. and it's kinda fitting for a tribute to Kevin as well.
    Yeah, I knew he wrote it for Randy.. and you're right, it is fitting for Kevin now.

attackatdawn Guest

Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...tory?track=rss

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday

OOPS sorry I see this has already been posted I guess great minds think alike lol! Mods please delete once again!

Ain't feelin no more noize.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

pinkrose35 Guest
    I was so shocked when I heard about this, I actually met Quiet Riot at a record store when they opened I think for Motley Crue back in the 80's. They all were very nice and I still have my bandana with the group's signitures on it.

Jersey Girl Guest
    Police: QUIET RIOT's KEVIN DUBROW Died Six Days Before Being Discovered - Nov. 28, 2007

ABC's Las Vegas affiliate KTNV-TV reports: Police say after a distressed call from family members, QUIET RIOT lead singer Kevin DuBrow's next door neighbor and friend kicked down the door to find the 52-year-old dead.

Police say DuBrow had been dead for about six days before his body was discovered.

Lori Lee Samson, DuBrow's fiancée, was the last person to see him alive.

She says when days passed, she new something was wrong.

Among the collection of memories, Lori Samson will forever save DuBrow's last words.

"At 2:40 am Monday he texted me I love you so much," Samson says.

His death has sent shockwaves to fans and family.

Samson says she will cherish the last moments spent with him and her son.

She never knew the man she met years ago was a legendary rock star.

Still rocking into his 50s, they celebrated DuBrow's birthday just two weeks ago.

Samson says DuBrow performed for charities, growing more humble with age.

At 52 years old, QUIET RIOT's vocalist finally found the one.

The couple was supposed to appear on A&E for a roast of Gene Simmons.

The coroner's office is now investigating the exact cause of death.

Samson says something fans never knew is that alcohol was not allowed backstage at their concerts.

This was in support of band members' struggle with sobriety.

[SIZE=3]Ummm, is it me... or does anyone else find it very odd that he texts the fiancee that he loves her so much and then she doesn't hear anything from him for 6 days and that's normal? Hmmmmmm. [/SIZE]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Police: QUIET RIOT's KEVIN DUBROW Died Six Days Before Being Discovered - Nov. 28, 2007

ABC's Las Vegas affiliate KTNV-TV reports: Police say after a distressed call from family members, QUIET RIOT lead singer Kevin DuBrow's next door neighbor and friend kicked down the door to find the 52-year-old dead.

Police say DuBrow had been dead for about six days before his body was discovered.

Lori Lee Samson, DuBrow's fiancée, was the last person to see him alive.

She says when days passed, she new something was wrong.

Among the collection of memories, Lori Samson will forever save DuBrow's last words.

"At 2:40 am Monday he texted me I love you so much," Samson says.

His death has sent shockwaves to fans and family.

Samson says she will cherish the last moments spent with him and her son.

She never knew the man she met years ago was a legendary rock star.

Still rocking into his 50s, they celebrated DuBrow's birthday just two weeks ago.

Samson says DuBrow performed for charities, growing more humble with age.

At 52 years old, QUIET RIOT's vocalist finally found the one.

The couple was supposed to appear on A&E for a roast of Gene Simmons.

The coroner's office is now investigating the exact cause of death.

Samson says something fans never knew is that alcohol was not allowed backstage at their concerts.

This was in support of band members' struggle with sobriety.

[SIZE=3]Ummm, is it me... or does anyone else find it very odd that he texts the fiancee that he loves her so much and then she doesn't hear anything from him for 6 days and that's normal? Hmmmmmm. [/SIZE]
    That is really odd. Not sure what to make of it.

Bashterd Guest
    I'm with you guy's how odd is that, didn't know he was a rock star, thought something was odd after 6 day's. Hmm maybe it was the dingo that killed your fiancee!!! And she's not even the one that called the police or went to the house werd!!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashterd View Post
    I'm with you guy's how odd is that, didn't know he was a rock star, thought something was odd after 6 day's. Hmm maybe it was the dingo that killed your fiancee!!! And she's not even the one that called the police or went to the house werd!!!!
    If your S/O is MIA for even a day or two ya should be thinking theres a problem.

Andrea Guest
    It sounds strange --- if it was my SO or fiancee or parents etc. and I got a text like that and heard nothing or couldn't get in contact the next day --- I'd be calling someone. Was she out of town?

Andrea

cachluv Guest
    Endsleigh, LOVE the sig

This is all so sad. I don't know HOW someone who has family and loved ones AND a s/o can disappear for 6+ days. He was disappeared at his house, right? How strange! I still don't think it was drugs, I think it was something heart related but I'm probably wrong.

My Dad died in '92. He acted strangely all day, he told my Mom he loved her like 50 times that day. He went into the kitchen that night, got her some candy, put it in her hand and dropped dead on the spot. I don't know that he knew anything was amiss but he sure acted funny right before. I'll be curious to see this one unfold....

RoRo Guest
    Quiet Riot played here back in August and one of the radio stations did an interview with Kevin...he was saying how the band had all gotten sober and felt that they needed to be sober to play and were leaving it up to the fans to get wasted these days. He was saying he was healthier at 51 than when he was younger and partying...I don't think he was doing drugs cuz the DJ was talking about his fabulous abs and he was telling her he was into fitness these days......He may have used drugs to commit suicide which is what I think probably happened especially with the last text to his fiancee....sad no one missed him for 6 days though!

Man, dead in a house in Las Vegas for SIX days...imagine the smell...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Man, dead in a house in Las Vegas for SIX days...imagine the smell...
    Oh gross. Lets don't and say we did.