Thread: William David Powell - TV Writer

William David Powell - TV Writer

William David Powell b. Feb. 27, 1925 - d. Mar. 13, 1968 was the only child of actor William Powell and actress Eileen Wilson. His parents divorced in 1930.
    Powell was a television writer.
    "Bonanza," "Death Valley," "77 Sunset Strip" and "Rawhide." David also worked as an associate producer at Warner Bros. and Universal Studios, and held an executive position at NBC.
    Cause of death: Suicide; stabbed himself repeatedly in the upper body while standing in his shower; had suffered depression, hepititis and chronic kidney problems.

lab_rat Guest
    Holy shit! What a way to off yourself>>>

Armcast Guest
    Stabbing yourself multiple times? As if suicide wasn't bad enough...

man, can you imagine how bad that would be.
    you stab yourself once. then realize you gotta do it again. then again. then again.
    all the while standing in the shower.

couldn't you just choose an easier way to go. sounds like he really wanted to punish himself.

lobosco107 Guest
    That is so sad...his father survived him for hearly 20 years. Wow.

Ugh, that would be a suicide that takes too long (and I guess it did if he had to stab himself multiple times).

How sad; he must've had severe depression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest Guest

Cool William David Powell (suicide)

Father and son

William David Powell (February 27, 1925 - March 13, 1968) was the only child of actor William Powell and actress Eileen Wilson. His parents divorced in 1930.

Powell went on to become a television writer, whose credits include episodes of Bonanza, Death Valley, 77 Sunset Strip and Rawhide.

He also worked as an associate producer at Warner Bros. and Universal Studios, and held an executive position at NBC.

After suffering from depression, hepatitis and kidney problems that had forced him to quit writing, he committed suicide by stabbing himself repeatedly in the upper body while in the shower. He left a four-page note addressed to his father, to whom he was still very close.

The last two sentences of this note were revealed to the public:

"Things aren't so good here. I'm going where it's better."

He was laid to rest at Cathedral City's Desert Memorial Park in Riverside County, California, where his father and his father's last wife, Diana Lewis are also buried.

Jaxxx Guest
    wow, I loved his father, sooooooooo much. I can understand that when he had hepatitis, there was no cure, and kidney failure, and liver damage was causing so much pain. RIP, thanks Vlad for remembering my Favorite actor's son!

Guest Guest
    You're welcome Jaxxx - terrible way for the son to go eh! I bet that hurt....a lot!