Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: John F. Kennedy

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I still think we should be able to sue and get Jackie's diaries out. Supposedly they are sealed for 50 years after her last kid kicks it.

BTW Mae West died today, 28 years ago too.
    I didn't realize Jackie's diaries were sealed for 50 years, I guess I thought it was all part of the 100 year stuff about JFK. (If that was ever even true.)
    I guess I just felt it was all to be released long after I was dead.

Thanks Scott for the reminder about Mae, did you ever call her number and talk to her sister "Beverly"?

Pamebabby Guest
    JFK wasn't really in office long enough to make an impact-I think it was more his personal charisma that attracted people, especially women. I never heard Jackie had diaries, I thought she told her story to William Manchester, and that was it. I personally, if there are diaries, wouldn't be interested in them. It would be speculation on her part, unless she was aware of something nobody knows about. I don't think she felt LBJ was a part of it, or she wouldn't have been in any contact with him at all. I know there are FBI files sealed, why I don't get. The man is dead, and so are most who were involved with him-release everything and settle the rumors and bullshit once and for all. It's been too long, and when they are unsealed, people won't even care anymore.

3. 11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
    Reason
    duplicate

4. 11-23-2008, 11:50 AM
    Reason
    duplicate

KSHA Guest

limo location?

Does anyone know where this limo is today? It's something I've always wondered but can't find it anywhere.

Crabby Appleton Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KSHA View Post
    Does anyone know where this limo is today? It's something I've always wondered but can't find it anywhere.
    JFK's limo is on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. It has been refurbished/rebuilt and no longer shows evidence of the assasination.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    The man is dead, and so are most who were involved with him-release everything and settle the rumors and bullshit once and for all. It's been too long, and when they are unsealed, people won't even care anymore.
    That probably was Jackies intention. Of course with her children she didn't want them to hear what she probably has in those papers about what she truely saw that day concerning the assassination of her husband. Back then they did not have You Tube and all of the technology of these times. Ten to One her children AND grandchildren have probably watched the tapes and pictures that are easily accessable online.
    The bloodspattered suit was discovered up in the attic of her mothers, Janet Auchincloss's Georgetown residence.
    Very interesting house:
    http://www.gerardweatherby.org/gu/ge...closs.jpg.html

The suit is in the National Archives-won't be released until 2013.
    Last edited by Nicki; 11-23-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Pamebabby Guest
    I do know the Limo was torn apart after the murder, it was re-built and Nixon used it in his term. I would think it's too dated now, which is why it's in a museum. Yes, Jackie's clothes were donated to the Archives after Janet's deah. Not sure why, I would have burned them. I agree Nicki, the desendants of JFK have probably seen things on the net, or in books about his murder. I read a book about JFK Jr, he said at some point he thought he remembered his dad, but admitted he didn't. Caroline, I bet, has lots of memories, and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. If I were her, I'd want to find out what happened to my father that day. Did anyone else ever hear the cause of Jackie's lymphoma may have been the shit she and JFK were getting from their Dr. Feelgood? I read some of the side affects were cancer, among others.

Forever-27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Appleton View Post
    JFK's limo is on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. It has been refurbished/rebuilt and no longer shows evidence of the assasination.

Convenant how they replaced the windshield with the bullet hole going from the inside out and cleaned up the brain matter off the seat and floor carpet

Pamebabby Guest
    Hell, they wiped it out at Parkland! That was stupid, along with washing the Governor's suit before it could be looked at. There are some pics I saw in Six Seconds in Dallas of the car before it was cleaned out-quite a gory mess. I can understand wanting to clean it, but there was evidence destroyed by that act.

Interesting Story Today from the Man who drove Oswald to Work that day.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11232008...292.htm?page=0

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Interesting Story Today from the Man who drove Oswald to Work that day.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11232008...292.htm?page=0
    That was an interesting read! Thanks for posting it

BTW, welcome Crabby Appleton!

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    I saw an article that says that L.B.J. did it. It can't be proved, but he was a power hungry oilman.
    I can't remember the source, but it was a very reliable person who said that LBJ did it. Keep in mind that the assassination happened in Texas, on LBJ's home turf. If he was behind it, he should rot in hell.

BTW, The Manchurian Candidate (the original one with Frank Sinatra) was released on October 24th, 1962. Add that to the mix!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by KSHA View Post
    Someone posted a link to it in a thread. I think it was something to do with Edisons last breath and they are displayed in the same museum. Henry Ford rings a bell too. Do a search, you will eventually find it.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Hell, they wiped it out at Parkland! That was stupid, along with washing the Governor's suit before it could be looked at. There are some pics I saw in Six Seconds in Dallas of the car before it was cleaned out-quite a gory mess. I can understand wanting to clean it, but there was evidence destroyed by that act.
    Honestly everything that was done in Dallas at that time would really make you think the Three Stooges family was running the show. But the worst mistake was Oswald being shot. How could they be so reckless as to let the man accused of the Assassination get shot like that. They said Jack Ruby was well known to the Police Dept.but honestly that was no excuse for letting him walk into that garage that day. If the car was cleaned out that quickly wouldn't that have been the Secret Service? You would think of any department handling the Presidents visit that day the Secret Service would have had their shit together as far as evidence is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I can't remember the source, but it was a very reliable person who said that LBJ did it. Keep in mind that the assassination happened in Texas, on LBJ's home turf. If he was behind it, he should rot in hell.

BTW, The Manchurian Candidate (the original one with Frank Sinatra) was released on October 24th, 1962. Add that to the mix!
    Barr McClellan (father of former Bush Spokesman Scott McClellan) was a highpowered Dallas based attorney for LBJ. He wrote a book a few years ago that along with Lee Harvey that another man, a Texas hitman named Mac Wallace, was up in the book depository. He based this off a thumbprint taken off of one of the boxes. In his book he wouldn't name the third shooter except for the name 'Junior' but his theory was that LBJ was going to be dumped from the ticket and possibly put in jail. In Dec on the same day testimony was scheduled by a former LBJ associate and the dude was supposed to be talking. With the assassination that all got swept under the rug.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-23-2003-46852.asp

I always thought that this is an interesting photo for those that think LBJ and his pards in Texas took care of business that day.

http://www.rense.com/general40/thewnk.htm

FannyB1923 Guest
    I'm a cynical old thing now but there's one thing I just can't accept.
    All the stories about both Kennedy brothers messing with Marilyn.

JFK was past 30 when he married Jackie. I can accept that he was a handsome Congressman in his bachelor days and the ladies loved him. I like to think once he found the perfect wife he settled down. When he was President, they went to Mass almost every week with their children. That's a lot of hypocrisy to carry around if he was chasing women at the same time.

I can see where Marilyn have had a crush on the President or RFK. The same way we've seen actresses, talk show hosts gushing over "their candidate'" That "Happy Birthday Mr. President" occasion. Marilyn was so full of drugs at the end, I don't think she thought very clearly. Kind of like Anna Nicole there.

This is like a tabloid story, can't be verified, but it won't go away. I'd like to hang on to my positive image, so I guess I'll stay in denial.

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I'm a cynical old thing now but there's one thing I just can't accept.
    All the stories about both Kennedy brothers messing with Marilyn.

JFK was past 30 when he married Jackie. I can accept that he was a handsome Congressman in his bachelor days and the ladies loved him. I like to think once he found the perfect wife he settled down. When he was President, they went to Mass almost every week with their children. That's a lot of hypocrisy to carry around if he was chasing women at the same time.

I can see where Marilyn have had a crush on the President or RFK. The same way we've seen actresses, talk show hosts gushing over "their candidate'" That "Happy Birthday Mr. President" occasion. Marilyn was so full of drugs at the end, I don't think she thought very clearly. Kind of like Anna Nicole there.

This is like a tabloid story, can't be verified, but it won't go away. I'd like to hang on to my positive image, so I guess I'll stay in denial.
    Do you mean like Oprah moving to D.C. to be near Obama?

kimba Guest
    Sorry to burst your bubble..but he had a mistress as well....

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Do you mean like Oprah moving to D.C. to be near Obama?
    Really? Wow that's weird. You think I'm in denial? I don't know what the name would be, but I think Oprah has some sort of image dysfunction going- she flits around acting like she's a young girl, but she's 55 years old. George Carlin or somebody used an expression, "suspended adolescent"

pattykad Guest
    I finally got around to reading this thread ....you think you've heard it all
    but there's always some other angle. It's really tragic that we will never
    know the real story.

I heard that about Oprah....that's just plain weird. She's becoming a
    cartoon character of herself. I wonder what Mrs Obama thinks.

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I finally got around to reading this thread ....you think you've heard it all
    but there's always some other angle. It's really tragic that we will never
    know the real story.

I heard that about Oprah....that's just plain weird. She's becoming a
    cartoon character of herself. I wonder what Mrs Obama thinks.
    Oprah, She's a nobody with a lot of money who happens to be black and probably thinks her opinions are going to have some weight with Obama, or maybe she has a fascination with the guy? either way,I hope he directs his time to fixing the problems here and not being sucked into the TV Queens ideas,as far as Mrs. "O" goes,she looks like she can handle herself!

Pamebabby Guest
    JFK was no angel-he was said to have the libido of a billy goat, and would screw any woman he could. Peter Lawford and Frank Sinatra, among others, set him up with girls all the time. Rumors of illegitamate kids all around, and as far as being a devoted husband to Jackie, he was a shit. She had to have some strong faith to stay with him, and always conducted herself with dignity. I admire Jackie more than Jack, to tell the truth.

John F. Kennedy's women

I was just a young kitten when he was assassinated - but I do remember bits and pieces. I was always fascinated with him - and his life/lifestyle. I know his father was a notorious womanizer - but how many women was JFK with? Was he really married before Jackie? If this is on another thread - I do apologize - it's just that this man fascinates me, and I'm sure, others. Any JFK stories to share?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-John_F_Kennedy_Official_Portrait.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	11340  
    Last edited by Miss Chunk; 12-28-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

I merged these two threads because I felt they went together. I haven't decided whether or not JFK was married before Jackie, although it is entirely possible, given his notoriety as a playa!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

MorbidMolly Guest
    I loves me some JFK.....I always wonder though, with such horrible back problems did the chickies always ride the pony on top......yeah, I think of these things

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I loves me some JFK.....I always wonder though, with such horrible back problems did the chickies always ride the pony on top......yeah, I think of these things
    Just read a book titled - Grace and Power. The Secret World of The Kennedy White House.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Power-Private-World-Kennedy/dp/0345484975/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1230511359&sr=1-1

This book goes into detail about Kennedy's numerous lovers and the complicity of his staff, family, media and even Jackie.

By the way, due to his bad back, JFK did like to be on the bottom.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Just read a book titled - Grace and Power. The Secret World of The Kennedy White House.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Power-Private-World-Kennedy/dp/0345484975/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1230511359&sr=1-1

This book goes into detail about Kennedy's numerous lovers and the complicity of his staff, family, media and even Jackie.

You rawk C

pattykad Guest
    Weren't there rumors that he married Inga Arvid?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Weren't there rumors that he married Inga Arvid?
    How have I missed this stuff.......I`ve never heard of this......hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I merged these two threads because I felt they went together. I haven't decided whether or not JFK was married before Jackie, although it is entirely possible, given his notoriety as a playa!
    Thank you very much Nessa. I heard he was married before but ???

Hoover tried to find out about this alleged first marriage:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/jfk/durie1.html

Danse Macabre Guest
    That stuff is completely new to me.

here is a picture of Durie:

here is a picture of Durie:

Cool! Thanks Cash!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I have this book also, got about a quarter of the way thru it - the author discussed so many people, I couldn't keep them all straight

Maybe I need to go back and reread it

JestersKiss Guest
    Man i can rememeber i second marrige somewhere, let me look around, im sure i read something.

...as I said - I find JFK's life just fascinating. All the way from his childhood - his older brother Joseph dying in the war, his adulterous father and 'proper' mother Rose, his sister Rosemarie (I think...) having the lobotomy, his back injuries, Graves disease, his affairs, trouble with Hoover, his brothers Ted and Bobby, just all of it - so many things to know about him, just fascinating...

Long Gone Day Guest
    Great..thread.Nessa..and..beautiful..scarf!...The..way..I..heard..it...as..Jackie..wo uld
    be..walking..in..the..white..house..the..secret..service..were..herding..the..women
    out..the..back..by..the..pool?...Taggerz..would..know..I..bet....My..only..advice..fo r
    Obama..is..please..keep..it..in..your..pants.....They..had..big..mob..ties....Joes..m oney
    made..from..bootlegging...among..other..stuff....Taggerz..gives..good..description
    in..the..Nixon..thread..of..Johns..sexual.appetite...something..like..would..do..anyt hing
    that..moved....

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    Great..thread.Nessa..and..beautiful..scarf!...The..way..I..heard..it...as..Jackie..wo uld
    be..walking..in..the..white..house..the..secret..service..were..herding..the..women
    out..the..back..by..the..pool?...Taggerz..would..know..I..bet....My..only..advice..fo r
    Obama..is..please..keep..it..in..your..pants.....They..had..big..mob..ties....Joes..m oney
    made..from..bootlegging...among..other..stuff....Taggerz..gives..good..description
    in..the..Nixon..thread..of..Johns..sexual.appetite...something..like..would..do..anyt hing
    that..moved....
    wow, thanx for the info - I will check out the Nixon thread. He was an interesting character also - I still remember seeing the Nixon/Kennedy debate - Nixon looked like a nervous teenager waiting his turn for the hooker and Kennedy was as coooool as a cucumber...

that..moved....
    Thank Miss Chunk, she brought it back to life!

Jospeph Kennedy was so far into the mob it wasn't even funny, so I'm sure if he needed to have JFK extricated from a marriage, it was possible.

- R.H. Sin

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chunk View Post
    wow, thanx for the info - I will check out the Nixon thread. He was an interesting character also - I still remember seeing the Nixon/Kennedy debate - Nixon looked like a nervous teenager waiting his turn for the hooker and Kennedy was as coooool as a cucumber...

Oooooh....thanks...Miss..Chunk....and..that..is..the..biggest..cutest..cat
    Ive..ever..seen....

Oooooh....thanks...Miss..Chunk....and..that..is..the..biggest..cutest..cat
    Ive..ever..seen....
    Why thank you! I must say, I do eat well!

I went on the Richard Nixon thread - and not a lot on Kennedy? I want moooooooooooore info on him! Anyone? He was such an interesting guy!

I still can't believe with his illness and bad back (I have one I know) how he carried on (pardon the pun) his duties official and otherwise!

Hey!

Hey folks! Let's not let this thread die - any info on JFK I'd like to know about?

Who do YOU think was better looking, John or Bobby?

Danse Macabre Guest
    Hey folks! Let's not let this thread die - any info on JFK I'd like to know about?

Who do YOU think was better looking, John or Bobby?
    I think John was better looking.

MrsF Guest
    I read somewhere he was married to Inga. Can't remember where. I have tons of books on the Kennedy's.

I always kind of felt sorry for him. The pressure from is father and all. It always seemed his marriage to Jackie was against his will. Then to read about how he reacted to the deaths of their babies. Sad.

I always thought Joseph Jr. was very handsome! Umm, JFK was better looking in the sense that he was so confident and manly looking - whereas Bobby, was good looking in a boyish way and I loved the way he used to move the curl/wave off his forehead...yum...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was just a young kitten when he was assassinated - but I do remember bits and pieces.
    No pun intended, I'm assuming.

Sorry, bad joke...

Jack'sGirl Guest
    I have a friend who was a full colonel in the army. He used to carry the briefcase for Kennedy. He told me the stories of Marilyn Monroe are true.

He said they were sitting around a table in a hotel room once. Peter Lawford came in and whispered something to Kennedy. Then he told the Colonel to step out of the room.

Colonel told him that he meant no disrespect, but his orders came from Kennedy alone. Then Kennedy told him to leave the room.

That was when they ushered in Marilyn. He stood guard outside the door, and heard everything that was going on inside the room. He said she wasn't very bright (in his words, not mine.)

He was in another car the day Kennedy got assissinated. He always gets depressed every year on that date. It really bothers him, he won't talk about it.

This man has lots of great stories, we keep telling him to write a book.

I can tell you X-rated stories on a few famous people!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    I have a friend who was a full colonel in the army. He used to carry the briefcase for Kennedy. He told me the stories of Marilyn Monroe are true.

He said they were sitting around a table in a hotel room once. Peter Lawford came in and whispered something to Kennedy. Then he told the Colonel to step out of the room.

Colonel told him that he meant no disrespect, but his orders came from Kennedy alone. Then Kennedy told him to leave the room.

That was when they ushered in Marilyn. He stood guard outside the door, and heard everything that was going on inside the room. He said she wasn't very bright (in his words, not mine.)

He was in another car the day Kennedy got assissinated. He always gets depressed every year on that date. It really bothers him, he won't talk about it.

This man has lots of great stories, we keep telling him to write a book.

I can tell you X-rated stories on a few famous people!

Get to talking

Create a thread - call it X-rated stories of the famous