Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: John F. Kennedy

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    Actually the first account read of that, many years ago, was that he said..."My God, it's a mistake, they're going to kill us all". I thought.. What the Hell does 'it's a mistake' mean?

I stopped seeing the 'it's a mistake' part soon after.

There are few photos, of the motorcade, that show him well. None show Connally really smiling. This one is not long before the shots.
    I'm curious, Harry, do you recall when you read that first account?

knibo Guest

Conspiracies, oh my!

In science, there is not a 'single' hypothesis being developed by a 'single' person. Teams of individuals, working separately/independently on their own will all eventually come to the "AHA!" moment in their research. For the most part, in quick succession of each other, and most often without the other parties knowledge. Then, the race is on to the patent office.

Sherlock Holmes would say "Whatever is left, however impossible or improbable, is the explanation." Or something to that effect.

Kennedy had enemies. The Kennedy family had enemies. Pappa Kennedy had enemies. There is no lacking in possibilities. IMHO, the LEAST likely explanation is a single shooter (regardless of how well trained) at a moving target, quite a bit away. I am certainly not saying he wasn't there, I am merely suggesting that things are not always what they seem.

What makes the most sense (to me) is that independent pockets of people who had issues and blamed Kennedy managed to arrive at the relatively same conclusion at the relatively same time, and came up with the relatively same plans.

The magic bullet is laughable. Seinfeld even poked at it with the magic lugie episode. Ultimately, Kennedy was not going to make it out of Dallas alive, no matter what. As much as I love mythbusters, they do a lot of close work with the FBI and other government agencies. What better shill? Besides, finding something 'plausible' doesn't mean that is exactly what happened. It just means that the possibility is there, that given these circumstances, it could happen. There is a seed of plausibility in all of the conspiracy theories, thats what makes them as tantalizing as they are.

What better place to hide than in plain sight? What better way to distract than to create a human interest disaster that shocks and outrages us all, then provides fodder for debate? Which is more believeable - The non denial, or the empassioned, repetitive, outright denial?

That being said, let's all agree to disagree....

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I'm curious, Harry, do you recall when you read that first account?
    I can't say for sure. It was long ago. 60s or 70s

Bidmor Guest
    I agree with knibo.

As was stated in the movie, Kennedy was surrounded by enemies of many different positions who had serious issues with the man, each faction having their own pet problem with him. Kennedy pissed off too many rich and powerful people for mostly different reasons and they all eventually converged to bring about a single solution, as each faction saw it...taking him out was that solution. This same group of enemies...the rich funded the hit and the powerful carried it out, then they covered it up.

It was a coup d'e tat.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 11-17-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    I can't say for sure. It was long ago. 60s or 70s
    Thanks, Harry.

poppie Guest
    Joe Kennedy was a real SOB. He was not just a womanizer, he disrespected his wife and family every chance he got. He was just walking the line of the law, just never got caught, but was as evil and corrupt as Al Capone or any Mafia figure. Sam Giancana was an up and coming young tuck in the Mafia. He had many first hand dealing with Joe Kennedy and knew him intimately; meaning his habits, same friends, crooked deals, etc. Joe Kennedy misread his sons. After John was elected president, and then Bobby was appointed attorney general - somewhere along the line, Joe lost his influence over his sons. Joe made many promises to the Mafia, promises made to get John elected, but John would not/could not/perhaps did not want to/carry out. After two or three years of Joe promising John would carry out Joe's/Mafia wishes, Joseph Kennedy had a massive stroke on December 19,1961. Sam Giancana was tired of waiting and put in motion the wheels to get the Kennedy murder under way. Of course, Giancana was himself murdered in 1975. Some say because the Mafia was afraid when he began to talk to the Feds, he would tell all about the Kennedy assasination. (Yes, I know - my spelling sucks.)

Katie Guest
    You spelling was not at all a problem. What you said was very powerful, and gave me something to think about.

Thanks

Bidmor Guest
    Well, the mob is only one of the several factions that had deadly issues with JFK...RFK as well.

But back to the mob...let's speculate a little. Bearing in mind Joe's "connections", he has a long term plan. First, make a deal with Giancana to get his boy elected, which was successful. Then prod his sons...the President and the AG of the US...to take down the mob rivals of their father, where upon Joe would move in an pick up the mob pieces...basically a gangland war initiated by the White House and the AG's office...all based on the vain belief on Joe's part that the President of the US would be untouchable to the mob, or anyone else. Thus the old man would become the supreme power behind the throne. Of course that all changed with Joe's dibilitating stroke which took him out of the picture and the ability to protect his sons, or try to protect them.

In that scenario, Joe didn't misjudge his sons, he misjudged Giancana et al. Joe Kennedy never struck me as a player on the same level as Giancana or other mob heads anyway. A Vito Corleone he wasn't.

Just spitballing here.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 11-17-2007 at 03:49 PM.

poppie Guest
    Modmor - Like your spitballing. Yes, I agree Joe Kennedy did misjudge Sam Giancana. Sam was a cold blooded killer,not impressed with the Kennedy name, and poof, Jack is blown away in Dallas.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    Modmor - Like your spitballing. Yes, I agree Joe Kennedy did misjudge Sam Giancana. Sam was a cold blooded killer,not impressed with the Kennedy name, and poof, Jack is blown away in Dallas.
    Likewise for RFK. The most scary thing is that some of those who helped engineer both hits and ongoing cover-ups are still alive and well today...with names anyone would immediately recognize.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 11-17-2007 at 04:02 PM.

O.K.

Here is the first "new conspiracy theory" (at least I've never heard it before) in years.

The CIA, LBJ, the Secret Service, the IRA, the UAW, the AAA, NORML, NAMBLA, the Mafia, the BBB, AARP and Castro...all acting independently; decided to kill JFK; and they ALL had agents in Dealey Plaza on that fateful day.

All of them had snipers in place except for the IRA, who intended to throw pipe bombs; but their operatives took cover from all of the gunfire. and never threw a thing.

Can you imagine the surprise of each shooter when they saw that someone else was taking shots as well!

I do think that it was a conspiracy in that it was a planned event and I don't think that one man was responsible. I do believe that there was more than one shooter.

That was too many "dead on" shots, too fast, for a bolt action rifle on a moving target. There again, the limo pretty much stopped for a second, didn't it?

Vice Presidents like their wars

I think that LBJ had to have his Viet Nam war, and Kennedy was in his way. If your President is smart and well liked, he is a problem, and you send him to Dallas and it becomes history. If he's dumb, and likes Dallas anyway, you send him there for vacation, and you get your war because he does what you say. Bad VPs.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    That's what I have in mind...I'm wondering if that's true, though, about the parade route being changed regarding the plaza.
    Several years ago I was listening online to an old Dallas radio broadcast from that November day in 1963
    KLIF-AM "The Rex Jones Show". Rex was doing his midday program on that infamous day.

The show began with the usual 1963 radio patter of the day. Top 40 music ( Tommy Roe's "Everybody" was the number one song in Dallas that day ), commericals including an ad for the then new Jimmy Stewart/Sandra Dee flick "Take Her, She's Mine." KLIF also did a few news updates about Kennedy being there in Dallas and in one update the news anchor said the parade route was changed so "more people can see the President". That was pretty much all what was said on that. But by listening to that broadcast, amazing how much news came out in a short amount of time.

The tape I heard lasted for more than an hour. About 20 minutes into the KLIF tape, the first bulletins began( breaking in during the Chiffons new tune "I have a Boyfriend ) after a few moments, back to the Chiffons. Then in a bizarre twist, very bizarre actually KLIF played a song ( I forgot the name of it or who sang it ) but the lyrics went "...there is no turning back"

After that song came a commercial for Aunt Jemima pancakes and then KLIF started to play funeral music. At that point it was wall to wall coverage on the JFK shooting. Within 30 minutes not only did they announced Kennedy had died but even brought up Oswald, though not by name.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 11-18-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling

cherryghost Guest
    Wasnt Jackie moving back to retrieve JFKs Brain or part of his head as a traumatic reaction! Not trying to get out of the car, she was putting herself in the line of fire!

relander Guest

Thumbs down

The single bullet theory is such a fucking joke!
    The Warren commission sure was loaded with idiots that actually thought they could dump such a load of horseshit on the american people!
    Our government, those murdering bastards...

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Wasnt Jackie moving back to retrieve JFKs Brain or part of his head as a traumatic reaction! Not trying to get out of the car, she was putting herself in the line of fire!
    Of course she was. I attribute her reaction as moment of shock and panic...understandably so.

BTW, Cathy J, your story about the KLIF broadcast is very interesting. Thank you for posting that recollection.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    O.K.

Here is the first "new conspiracy theory" (at least I've never heard it before) in years.

The CIA, LBJ, the Secret Service, the IRA, the UAW, the AAA, NORML, NAMBLA, the Mafia, the BBB, AARP and Castro...all acting independently; decided to kill JFK; and they ALL had agents in Dealey Plaza on that fateful day.

All of them had snipers in place except for the IRA, who intended to throw pipe bombs; but their operatives took cover from all of the gunfire. and never threw a thing.

Can you imagine the surprise of each shooter when they saw that someone else was taking shots as well!
    Reminds me of the group of thugs that Harvey Korman assembled in "Blazing Saddles".

Lot's of us wonder what Time-Life was doing with the Zapruder film all those years and the prime suspected answer is the copy that was finally realeased was altered to remove visual evidence of other shooters. This vid presents a compelling argument that the Z film was, indeed, altered and how it was done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-rcd...eature=related

As for an extensive site with conspiracy "evidence", this one ain't bad IMHO: http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index1.htm

Nowereman Guest

Who Killed JFK and Why ?

I am an Australian, but have a great interest in American history and politics.
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy the 35th President of United States was assassinated in Dallas, Texas on 22nd November 1963. Who shot him and why? please give me your thoughts.

An image from the home video shows President Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline moments before his assassination.

Lee Harvey Oswald. Why? Because he was a piece of shit.

shellileigh Guest
    Lydon B. Johnson wanted to be President. He knew the people weren't going to vote for him, so he had Kennedy killed

I shouted out,
    Who killed the kennedys?
    When after all
    It was you and me

Couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I shouted out,
    Who killed the kennedys?
    When after all
    It was you and me

Couldnt resist.
    The Stones Rock.

Nowereman Guest
    Mick Jagger was good mates with JFK jr.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shellileigh View Post
    Lydon B. Johnson wanted to be President. He knew the people weren't going to vote for him, so he had Kennedy killed
    yeah, that POS should be dug up and spit on

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    I want to know is, who's got the brain of JFK?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    A 1963 Lincoln Continental convertable got most of it...

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    A 1963 Lincoln Continental convertable got most of it...
    I know. But what happened to the rest of his brain? Did Bobby disposed of it? Cooked it ala Dahmer what?

Not sure. I imagine What remained was taken care of at the Hospital in Dallas or perhaps Bethesda Naval Hospital?

smellslikealmonds Guest
    LBJ had JFK killed because there was no way in hell he would be president otherwise.

The brain is missing. No one knows what became of it.

PvN73 Guest
    I believe it was Professor Plum In the Kitchen with the Candle Stick....

I dont care what you say! It was Professor Plum - he has the shifty eyes you see.... NEVER trust anyone with shifty eyes

djdeath-hag Guest
    Nowereman...(btw, do you know how HARD it is for me to type that your way? I am soooo fond of Nowhereman!)

Popular opinion here in the states is what history has decided to be....JFK was shot by Oswald, a lone gunman, expert marksman....with no accomplices......BUT there are plenty of us "hags" who are eager to learn what REALLY went down in Dallas that day. My best guess is that there was a conspiracy....dunno whether it involved anyone outside of the U.S. or not....but these are just MY thoughts. JFK, while he might have made some wise moves as well as some historic blunders, his private life not withstanding, has been idealized by our media. His successor, LBJ, has not truly been as demonized as some of us might expect. I just have a gut feeling that LBJ had some degree of involvement...but I could be wrong. (having no Sylvia Browne-like gifts). I suspect that we will all know AFTER death....if it even should deserve a "blip" on our personal radar....when "all truths are revealed". I'm glad that you opened this discussion/can of worms!

There is already a JFK thread that is quite good. Im going to merge this one with it

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I believe it was Professor Plum In the Kitchen with the Candle Stick....

I dont care what you say! It was Professor Plum - he has the shifty eyes you see.... NEVER trust anyone with shifty eyes
    Colonel Mustard, in the Texas Book Depository, with a high powered rifle.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Colonel Mustard, in the Texas Book Depository, with a high powered rifle.
    Are you sure? Professor plum looks so shifty to me..... The Colonel seems like such a decent guy.

The tramp did him in. Miss Peacock.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The tramp did him in. Miss Peacock.
    She is such a floozey!

bubbles2004 Guest
    I have always been fascianted by the whole Kennedy stuff. I really wouldn't be suprised if there was another gunman or if it was just Oswald. I've seen people debating what Jackie was doing after he got shot. She wasn't trying to run, she was, in a moment or pure panic, trying to grab her husbands brains. The SS guy pushed her back in as the car speeds up to keep her safe.

I found this, it gave me insight to why Kennedy's head went the opposite direction than what everyone thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62gvoKyODu4

...and honestly, come on it was totally Miss Scarlet. She was jealous of Marilyn Monroe

Nowereman Guest
    The Presidents brain is missing.

Nowereman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Nowereman...(btw, do you know how HARD it is for me to type that your way? I am soooo fond of Nowhereman!)

Popular opinion here in the states is what history has decided to be....JFK was shot by Oswald, a lone gunman, expert marksman....with no accomplices......BUT there are plenty of us "hags" who are eager to learn what REALLY went down in Dallas that day. My best guess is that there was a conspiracy....dunno whether it involved anyone outside of the U.S. or not....but these are just MY thoughts. JFK, while he might have made some wise moves as well as some historic blunders, his private life not withstanding, has been idealized by our media. His successor, LBJ, has not truly been as demonized as some of us might expect. I just have a gut feeling that LBJ had some degree of involvement...but I could be wrong. (having no Sylvia Browne-like gifts). I suspect that we will all know AFTER death....if it even should deserve a "blip" on our personal radar....when "all truths are revealed". I'm glad that you opened this discussion/can of worms!
    Nowhereman or Nowereman which ever easiest for you mate, I was happy to open this can of worms, it's a subject we should discuss and not forget, and I hope one day we will find the truth behind this terrible murder.

Commencement Address at American University

President John F. Kennedy
    Washington, D.C.
    June 10, 1963
    Listen to this speech

I have no idea. I'd like to believe it was Oswald because that would mean they got the right man. But we all know that's not true. There are just too many dangly threads hanging from this one for it to be that tidy.

You can make out the "impact" of the shot, real quick like. Doesn't look like the limo driver could of hit him at that angle. It DOES look like he did reach back with his hands though. Weird.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

adb263 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowereman View Post
    The Presidents brain is missing.

Sorry, When did we start talking about George Bush.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by adb263 View Post
    Sorry, When did we start talking about George Bush.
    LMAOROF

But seriously folks, here's about the largest assassination site I've seen with lots of stuff I've never seen or read before: http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/index1.htm

onehunglow Guest
    I still want to know why 300 FBI Agents were near the knoll when the shots went off. There was lots of film of the shooting but they took every last camera. Wonder why?

GrinReaper Guest
    For some reason a number of people claim to be the one who made the fatal shot at JFK.
    Woody Harrleson's dad is another one, I think.

If you want to hear a 3 hour show with a retired FBI Agent on the Kennedy Assassination from a conspiracy point of view.
    http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/audio...rs-Shelton.mov

If you want to read a non conspiracy book, get the Vincent Bugliosi book.
    Or check out this website
    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

There are many excellent JFK investigators, books, whistleblowers out there. Howard Hunt basically gave a deathbed confession of the assassination, read it in the Village Voice.
    http://www.assassinationscience.com/ is a good place to start.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    There are many excellent JFK investigators, books, whistleblowers out there. Howard Hunt basically gave a deathbed confession of the assassination, read it in the Village Voice.
    http://www.assassinationscience.com/ is a good place to start.
    Wanda,

Thanks for the link! Had to bookmark it though! Lots of good info...

Dan

TheMysterian Guest

John F. Kennedy

WOW powerful thread! No matter what side of the "assasination coin" you flip there will always be questions and doubts as to who bumped off JFK.I remember that day clearly and the aftermath,and all the explanations pointing to Oswald being a lone shooter.I don't buy it!never have,never will.It doesn't matter which way his head blew off frontal shot or rear, the ultimate goal was achieved that day,the President was dead and a more favorable leadership was put in place,favorable to "Big Business"! I remember a few days after the killing,a resolution was signed by Johnson that ultimately escolated the participation of the U.S. into the affairs of South Vietnam. Edwin Starr sang about it in the 60's "War what is it good for" well the answer is simple,it creates jobs!more jobs mean a better economy! a better economy means more money! If you look back to this country in the late 30's,we were just pulling out of a depression,WWII took care of that,after that "Baby Boomers" born! next Korean War and Eisenhower the hero of WWII becomes President in 1953 the economy is all good during those years American troops in Germany and South Korea then Kennedy elected President by the narrowest of margins,( some say his father paid people to vote for him) wants to change the way business is run and doesn't want a war! Bad for business as usual,bad for the economy,bad for "Big Money"! Believe what you will,but the proof is there, War is good for the economy! always has been,what country are American troops in today? How many countries? and who supply's them? American business in all forms,from the smallest item to the largest! All this is just my opinion having lived through these times,will we ever know who killed President Kennedy? I think we already know!