Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It may be because as a matter of etiquette, dignitaries sit in that seat in motorcades.
    I referred to my copy of the Warren Report - apparently, Jackie insisted on seating with her husband on Nov 22/63. looks like she prevented Nellie Connolly from taking the magic bullet.

Think of the times as well as the overall visual of the first seating arrangement. The scene in the first pic looks unbalanced. Also it's etiquette (other than where the President is seated) isn't correct for the times or politically. That why I think it was changed.

Pamebabby Guest
    Regarding RFK-where to begin? I do believe he was a key player in dumping evidence, if only to spare his brother in death. He was still the acting Attorney General, and had clout. He hated J Edgar Hoover, and Hoover hated him. Hoover was known to dig up "dirt" on people, and use it as blackmail. I thik part of RFK's reason was to eliminate any possible "dirty laundry" that could come back and bite the family in the ass. He was literally broken by his brother's death, and probably not thinking clearly also. I'd love to hear about a report on the effects of the assination on adolescents, as I know how it effected me. I feel as though I grew up that weekend, and there was no turning back. In saying that, I'm glad for the British invasion that came a few months later-it gave me something else to focus on. I got caught up in Beatlemania, which lead me to a new path in my life. Instead of death, it was listening to an AM radio New York station, telling me it was 28 Beatle degrees, and they'll be on our soil in 30 minutes. Heart-pounding moments for me!

Pamebabby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    San Antonio nov 21/63 with Connolly in the back with JFK. Notice how the limo is weighed down:

wonder why they switched positions on Nov 22 ( except Kennedy)
    Never saw this before-thank you! Weird seating arrangement.

crazedfemale Guest
    Growing up in DFW, I have been to Dealey Plaza many times through the years, mostly to show friends and out-of-towners the infamous plaza where it occurred all those years ago. Two years ago, I took a tour with the Dallas Historical Society and learned many things. We also went into the basement where Oswald was murdered. All in all a fascinating trip. I am convinced Oswald was part of a conspiracy.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Regarding RFK-where to begin? I do believe he was a key player in dumping evidence, if only to spare his brother in death. He was still the acting Attorney General, and had clout. He hated J Edgar Hoover, and Hoover hated him. Hoover was known to dig up "dirt" on people, and use it as blackmail. I thik part of RFK's reason was to eliminate any possible "dirty laundry" that could come back and bite the family in the ass. He was literally broken by his brother's death, and probably not thinking clearly also. I'd love to hear about a report on the effects of the assination on adolescents, as I know how it effected me. I feel as though I grew up that weekend, and there was no turning back. In saying that, I'm glad for the British invasion that came a few months later-it gave me something else to focus on. I got caught up in Beatlemania, which lead me to a new path in my life. Instead of death, it was listening to an AM radio New York station, telling me it was 28 Beatle degrees, and they'll be on our soil in 30 minutes. Heart-pounding moments for me!
    I do remember reading in RFK's biography that he was upset at how quick Johnson moved into the Oval Office. Apparently, there were secret files that RFK wanted to remove before anyone found them. Including the file on JFK's affairs with Giannai's (sp?) former girlfriend. Bobby obviously wanted to keep the muck from ruinning his brothers reputation, but I find it hard to believe that he didn't want to know who really killed his brother.

I watched a show today on Nat Geo about the CIA. Anyway, they said that RFK wanted to reopen the investigation on the Kennedy assassination once he became president. I had never heard that before, is that true?

Pamebabby Guest
    Lost, I don't know. RFK was deeply troubled by the assassination. It's said he was completely broken over his brother's death. I can't see where he would want things raked over, and by destroyng evidence (if he did) made any in depth study impossible. I always heard the family accepted the Warren Comission's findings, but I may be wrong on that.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    ^I read that Bobby publicly excepted the report (he never read it), but in private, he believed something more happened. I can't think of a person closer to the situation then him, he must of had a stream of information running through his head during that time. He even used his back channel to the Soviets asking if they had anything to do with the assassination, but they didn't. He even thought someone in the CIA's Cuban exile program could have done it.

It's interesting how he dropped the Cuban issues after JFK's death...he never mentioned it again. That had been the Kennedy's top priority when they were in the White House.

some new footage of jfk landing in dallas nov 22/63:

http://www.thestar.com/videozone/766451

People who died mysteriously after JFK was killed

GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is quite interesting. There have been way too many people from the scene of the assassination that have died mysteriously. I could see some, but not as many deaths that we have seen.

I was glad to see the House Select Committee on Assassinations make the determination that with all of these deaths, that there left little doubt that there was an actual conspiracy.

It is a shame that we'll never really know the truth as to who was actually behind the assassination. Just to put my two cents in, I think the CIA had some direct knowledge of this event. Allen Dulles absolutely hated Kennedy. And isn't it interesting he was seated on the Warren Commission?

Taggerez Guest
    The "Mysterious Deaths" myth has been debunked long ago. First off, there are people on the list with either no connection to the assassination or very, very tenuous ties. When you dig into the facts of those who did have some links the picture becomes much less sinister.

Note that Karyn Kupcinet is on the list, what is her link to the assassination? None, zero. Sparticus.net ( a real doosey of a bullshit site by the way) provides no reason except some phoney story about her screaming into a telephone. It has never even been determined that Kupcinet was even murdered.

Gary Underhill? The only source for his involvement is Penn Jones and if Penn Jones tells you it's Monday, you'd better check your calendar.

What about Mary Meyer? No relation to the case whatsoever. Some claimed she was one of JFK's twists, but no evidence for that. If you're going to knock off all the chicks Jack slept with the pile would get pretty big.

The list is demonstrably bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    The "Mysterious Deaths" myth has been debunked long ago. First off, there are people on the list with either no connection to the assassination or very, very tenuous ties. When you dig into the facts of those who did have some links the picture becomes much less sinister.

Note that Karyn Kupcinet is on the list, what is her link to the assassination? None, zero. Sparticus.net ( a real doosey of a bullshit site by the way) provides no reason except some phoney story about her screaming into a telephone. It has never even been determined that Kupcinet was even murdered.

Gary Underhill? The only source for his involvement is Penn Jones and if Penn Jones tells you it's Monday, you'd better check your calendar.

What about Mary Meyer? No relation to the case whatsoever. Some claimed she was one of JFK's twists, but no evidence for that. If you're going to knock off all the chicks Jack slept with the pile would get pretty big.

I get it, but it is interesting reading.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Taggerez Guest
    I get it, but it is interesting reading.
    I agree, fiction -- in all its forms -- sells well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    This is quite interesting. There have been way too many people from the scene of the assassination that have died mysteriously. I could see some, but not as many deaths that we have seen.

I was glad to see the House Select Committee on Assassinations make the determination that with all of these deaths, that there left little doubt that there was an actual conspiracy.

It is a shame that we'll never really know the truth as to who was actually behind the assassination. Just to put my two cents in, I think the CIA had some direct knowledge of this event. Allen Dulles absolutely hated Kennedy. And isn't it interesting he was seated on the Warren Commission?
    If this question has been asked before, forgive me. I'm a lazy bitch who didn't read all the postings. Was the 'death' limo disassembled or is it stored somewhere?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

I'm rather curious, who "debunked" this myth?

I've read a lot of the House Select Committee's report & this is one of the things that led them to believe there was a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    If this question has been asked before, forgive me. I'm a lazy bitch who didn't read all the postings. Was the 'death' limo disassembled or is it stored somewhere?
    The JFK limousine is located at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

The limousine was licensed under number GG-300 & dubbed X-100 by the Secret Service.

After JFK was assassinated, the car was completely rebodied by Ford Advanced Vehicles & Hess & Eisenhardt.

The new X-100 was finished in May 1964. It was put back into service & was used by Presidents Johnson, Nixon, Ford, & Carter before being retired in 1977.

I've read a lot of the House Select Committee's report & this is one of the things that led them to believe there was a conspiracy.

The JFK limousine is located at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

The limousine was licensed under number GG-300 & dubbed X-100 by the Secret Service.

After JFK was assassinated, the car was completely rebodied by Ford Advanced Vehicles & Hess & Eisenhardt.

The new X-100 was finished in May 1964. It was put back into service & was used by Presidents Johnson, Nixon, Ford, & Carter before being retired in 1977.
    Thanks, I always wondered what happened to the car.

Taggerez Guest
    Several researchers and writers, most recently Gerald Posner.

Actually, the one, small bit of evidence that tipped the committee toward conspiracy was the recording of a Dallas motorcycle cop allegedly in Dealy Plaza that some claimed caught more than three shots. The recording has since been discredited because the police officer in question was not actually in Dealy Plaza to catch the sound of the shots. That's the way I remember it, I'd need to consult the facts to be more definitive.

Several researchers and writers, most recently Gerald Posner.

Actually, the one, small bit of evidence that tipped the committee toward conspiracy was the recording of a Dallas motorcycle cop allegedly in Dealy Plaza that some claimed caught more than three shots. The recording has since been discredited because the police officer in question was not actually in Dealy Plaza to catch the sound of the shots. That's the way I remember it, I'd need to consult the facts to be more definitive.
    Who is Gerald Posner? And who are the researchers & writers you're alluding to?

I'm simply curious. I would be interested in reading this material.

And I respectfully beg to differ, with regard to the evidence reviewed by the Select Committee on making their determination in concluding there was more likely than not a conspiracy in play. There were many, many theories that the committee reviewed. But the one thing that convinced the committee of a conspiracy was the fact that a lot of witnesses to the assassination had died under mysterious circumstances.

It certainly can't be ignored as to how witnesses were treated in the many interrogations by the FBI. It's very well known how much animosity existed between Kennedy & Hoover.

And in my opinion, it's extremely questionable as to why Earl Warren was being so manipulative with the commission, in that he wouldn't allow the commission to hear all the evidence that was available that could/would prove a conspiracy. Not too many years before President Ford passed away, he came out stating that Earl Warren wouldn't allow all evidence to be reviewed.

I don't know if anyone has seen this documentary, lots of conspiracy stuff. Still though a lot of the information is very compelling.

Watch for free here:
    JFK 2: The Bush Connection
    http://dl.prisonplanet.tv/members/video/jfk2bushqt.htm

Video may take a while to load, be patient!

Conspiracy or not, he is dead. Will it ever come out? Probably never, moving on........
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Taggerez Guest
    Who is Gerald Posner? And who are the researchers & writers you're alluding to?

I'm simply curious. I would be interested in reading this material.

And I respectfully beg to differ, with regard to the evidence reviewed by the Select Committee on making their determination in concluding there was more likely than not a conspiracy in play. There were many, many theories that the committee reviewed. But the one thing that convinced the committee of a conspiracy was the fact that a lot of witnesses to the assassination had died under mysterious circumstances.

It certainly can't be ignored as to how witnesses were treated in the many interrogations by the FBI. It's very well known how much animosity existed between Kennedy & Hoover.

And in my opinion, it's extremely questionable as to why Earl Warren was being so manipulative with the commission, in that he wouldn't allow the commission to hear all the evidence that was available that could/would prove a conspiracy. Not too many years before President Ford passed away, he came out stating that Earl Warren wouldn't allow all evidence to be reviewed.
    Posner wrote Case Closed a book about on the JFK assassination that debunks all the conspiracy theories. There is a chapter in the back devoted to the "mysterious deaths" and he goes through each of them, dividing the "victims" into natural and unnatural death categories.

I would stick with Posner's book because it provides the best and most up-to-date information. I believe Posner elaborated on Whitman Burchfield's (who died in 1987) original research on the subject

Lots of people in Washington are on bad terms, very, very few of them actually physically kill each other over it. The preferred method is to smear or destroy the opponents' careers.

stephenmiller Guest
    I hate to rain on your parade but Posner's "book" has been discredited over the past 15 years by critics and writers who actually found many errors, more so than Swiss cheese! Indeed, several witnesses whom Posner claim to have "interviewed" came forward and stated that Posner never spoke to them at all. Just recently, Posner has been fired by the online Daily Beast for reported plagiarism. Says a lot about the man's true colors.

Posner wrote Case Closed a book about on the JFK assassination that debunks all the conspiracy theories. There is a chapter in the back devoted to the "mysterious deaths" and he goes through each of them, dividing the "victims" into natural and unnatural death categories.

I would stick with Posner's book because it provides the best and most up-to-date information. I believe Posner elaborated on Whitman Burchfield's (who died in 1987) original research on the subject

Lots of people in Washington are on bad terms, very, very few of them actually physically kill each other over it. The preferred method is to smear or destroy the opponents' careers.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    I hate to rain on your parade but Posner's "book" has been discredited over the past 15 years by critics and writers who actually found many errors, more so than Swiss cheese! Indeed, several witnesses whom Posner claim to have "interviewed" came forward and stated that Posner never spoke to them at all. Just recently, Posner has been fired by the online Daily Beast for reported plagiarism. Says a lot about the man's true colors.
    And I would like to add to that: One of Posner's, uh, errors - if that is what you want to call it - concerned Josiah Thompson and his book "Six Seconds in Dallas" (probably the best book on the argument of more than one gunman). Posner says that Thompson says the single bullet theory is wrong. He takes the interview Thompson did for NOVA in 1988. Thompson goes through the frames to show how Connolly does not react until considerably later than Kennedy, making it seem as though he wasn't hit by the same bullet. The part Posner leaves out is that Thompson says "Now if that is what we're seeing, it's clear that Connolly was hit considerably later than Kennedy, and the single bullet theory is wrong." In other words, Thompson knows it may NOT be what it appears to be. But Posner totally rips on him as though he doesn't know what Thompson is talking about, and to me "if that's what we're seeing" tells me that Thompson DOES.........but one of many reasons I don't particularly like Gerald Posner.......

Thanks but no thanks. What you're giving me is only one person & one book. And I have to say, I didn't realize he was the one that wrote the book "Case Closed". I don't give a lot of credence to the information. I think I'll rely on the information & determination made by the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

stephenmiller Guest
    Instead of Case Closed, it should be Case Still Open After Nearly 47 Years!

Taggerez Guest
    Sorry, no, Posner's book is soild. The scientific evidence has been replicated and the rest of work holds up to scrutiny by independent sources.

The only people who have ever attacked Case Closed are committed conspiracy theorists who don't like that he blows their case out of the water.

If the conspiracy people want to hold onto the extremely faulty presumptions and evidence their case is built on, fine, but all the theories are so faulty and the primary proponents of them so nonsensical that this should be considered more of an article of faith than a serious inquiry into the death of JFK.

I would challenge thoise who believe that JFK was killed as part of a conspiracy to hold the originators up to HALF the standard that Posner is allegedly being held to. But if you did, those cherished "theories" would unravel and fall apart like a cheap suit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpuck19 View Post
    I live in the home town of Woody Harrelson...the guy from Cheers...his father, Charles, was a hired gunman reputed to be in Dallas that day...he eventually went to prison for murdering a judge...there has always been talk about a conspiracy, and not knowing the whole truth...but I highly doubt the limo driver was one of them.

Remember...they wanted Oswald to be the patsy...why would they have made it that obvious?...there is significant evidence that there was activity up on the grassy knoll...that is believable.

Not the limo driver..
    I've read that Woody's dad was one of three men behind the fence of the grassy knoll who were 'arrested' for being vagrants.

Ted Challinor Guest
    RIP JFK 47 years ago....I remember the 10th anniversary of his death like it was yesterday, after being fascinated by my brother-in-law discussing it. I was walking down my primary school stairs at exactly 12.30pm 22/11/73...but have since realised that JFK actually murdered at 5.30pm UK - LOL !
    ....anyway i'm drawn here as I often am to give my 'two-penny-worth' on the assassin, and over the years I'm drawn to thinking it was Oswald alone. He was an angry man and wanted fame. Leaving his wedding ring at home on the morning and the curtain rods business point to him. It's like Lennon killer...you think, how can such a nobody snuff out such a huge personality? Well they can. LHO was on the scene and very politicised ...if he was not involved wouldn't he have been with work colleagues mouthing off that day at the procession arrived? As to him in a conspiracy, where is the actual evidence?
    I would LOVE it if it came out that there was a bigger picture, but have a read of the shorter Vincent Bugliosi book and you might be convinced too...

The Bug's book is great. VERY thourough (as usual). I think Oswald acted alone, too. I agree with everything you said, Ted. Even Jackie Kennedy said something to that effect, "He didn't even have the satisfaction of being killed for civil rights. it had to be some silly little Communist."

I think people have a hard time accepting that a lone crazy person can pull this off because of how much of a pedistal JFK has been put on. Is that nessecarily wrong? No, but it it can cloud the facts if we're looking for conspiracy everywhere. There is a great example in one of John Douglas's books about evidence at a crime scene being a red herring when you can't know everything that went on in every place.
    Last edited by Dulcinea; 11-22-2010 at 06:45 AM.

It was the funeral procession, which I didn't see until decades later, that really tore me up...the drum beat...the riderless horse...the little boy saluting his fallen father. And I am so glad that I saw it before I lost all my hearing.

It's funny how different people can read so many books and articles about the same topic and come away with different conclusions. I do not believe Oswald was the lone gunman, and I was quite disappointed in The Bug's book.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    I remember every thing about the day of his death, the nun coming in and telling us what had happened and we all moved to the chapel to say the rosary until they came in and said he was dead.
    Arriving home and calling my Mom at work and we were both crying on the phone.
    I remember the who family sitting staring at the TV with just somber music playing and the shot of the portico of the white house with the black bunting. They showed that after station sign off that night instead of the Indian head they normally showed.
    I remember the funeral, the theme hymn played over and by the Marine Band and the Old Guard "God's Blessing Sends us Forth".
    The riderless horse, Jackie and her children standing there. Robert Kennedy's words in his eulogy, John John's (his nick name at the time) salute.
    I remember watching a live feed of them removing his furniture from the oval office including his rocking chair which was an iconic symbol of the man.
    I remember standing dressed for church ready to walk out the door when Oswald was shot on TV live in front of my family. We dropped to chairs in our Sunday clothes church attendance forgotten and stared shocked at the TV while the story of Jack Ruby unfolded.
    It was the first devastating loss of my life. My Mom kept the papers, Life, Look and the Saturday Evening Post magazines.
    I sat down and wrote a letter of condolence to the kids and got a letter bordered in black on white house stationary thanking me for the note. A form letter I know but I still have it.
    It was years before I could see his picture or hear his voice without tearing up.
    Many years later I ended up keeping a small apartment in Dorchester Ma near the Kennedy Library. I visited it and stood looking at the recreation of his office with the actual rocker, the items on his desk including the coconut with the carved rescue message from PT 109 etc.
    The man was flawed but he was brilliant and charismatic and quite extraordinary and gone much too soon. I pray our nation never has to go through this sort of thing again.
    RIP Mister President!
    Regards,
    Mary

Wasn't he buried on John John's birthday?

And you're right about different people getting different things from what they read, Cindyt. I guess it is what makes us unique. I love that this forum is usually pretty calm and rational when having discussions (even when we disagree). For the subject matter that brought us all together (death), I think we're a pretty sophisticated group of people
    Last edited by Dulcinea; 11-22-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Just to weigh in - I believe it was Oswald alone. I honestly think if it were a conspiracy we would know SOMETHING by now. Maybe not a lot, but some little provable fact would have come up. Most of the conspiracy theories I've heard are way too complicated and honestly, if you take away the glory and halos that came up immediately after the assassination, was he really THAT important a president? I'm not saying he didn't do good things, but would he have gone on to be St. John that was going to solve every problem this country had? No, I don't think so. He was a politician from a political family; he was young, had a glamorous wife, two young children, the country had just gone through Jackie losing their other child. We were a nation coming out of hard times and war - we had many old men running the country - FDR, Truman (my hero), Eisnehower - Kennedy was different. We needed a new look. But the real world then comes in and we all find out that not much really changes president to president.

A spooky site once - I had ventured to Dallas with some friends a few years back, and as it was beginning to get dark, we were walking around Dealy Plaza, etc. and OMG, the "Kennedy limousine" drives by. I swear to God the hairs on my neck stood up and I got goose pimples. I had read before that there were some guys who had a business driving you through the motorcade route, etc. and I probably even knew they had a correct year limo, but to really see it in the light of dusk, was mind blowing!!

Here is an article about the limo tour - I'm trying to find out if it is still going on.
    [SIZE=3]http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp....Issue/dmn.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    Historical Re-enactment is No Joy Ride

The tour guide opened the rear door of the convertible limousine and said, "I would suggest the presidential seat...."

I settled into the right rear seat and felt a little shiver. Images of a smiling president in that spot came to mind. And, of course, the Zapruder film.
    I don't know. You make the call. Is this historical re-enactment? Or creepy commercialism?
    Yes, you can now ride through Dealey Plaza in a Lincoln Continental limousine just like the one carrying President John F. Kennedy on that fateful day.
    The $25 tour is the brainchild of Dallas native Paul Crute. He's the one who found the replica '62 limosine--authentic from the fluttering flags on the front fenders to the step for Secret Service agents on the rear bumper.
    STARTING THE TOUR
    Mr. Crute was at the wheel as we left downtown to begin my tour. In the front passenger seat was famed assassination researcher Robert Groden. He has moved to Dallas to act as technical and historical adviser to the tour.
    "We'll go straight to Love Field, where the narrated portion of the tour begins," Mr. Crute said.
    Sitting back there in that open-air limo, I felt a mixture of embarrassment and fascination -- and an acute awareness of just how vulnerable the president was that November noon.
    Everywhere we went, people turned and stared. Some pointed. Some smiled. Some just looked dumbfounded.
    A man in a Toyota rolled down his window and yelled, "Hey, is that THE car." "No, it's one like it," Mr. Crute yelled back. "The original is in a museum in Dearborn, Michigan." (The Henry Ford Museum)
    At a stoplight, a man in a Lincoln asked incredulously, "Is this a tour you do everyday?" "Yes," Mr. Crute replied and pointed to the sign on the side of the limo. "Call the number to make a reservation."
    The passenger compartment of the limousine is equipped with powerful speakers. And as we pulled into Love Field, the speakers filled the car with the sounds of actual radio news reports as the president's plane arrived that day.
    The announcer talked about the president climbing into the rear of the limousine alongside his wife, and he noted how the red roses presented to Mrs. Kennedy contrasted nicely with her pink suit.
    TRAGIC MEMORIES
    I squirmed in my limo seat, feeling the ordinary humanity of John and Jacqueline Kennedy stronger than ever before.
    From the airport, we followed the route of the presidential motorcade route down Mockingbird Lane, then right on Lemmon Avenue. Mr. Groden pointed out a spot where a family stood with a banner that read: "Mr. President, Stop and Shake Our Hands." Which he did.
    We followed the motorcade route along Turtle Creek Boulevard, Cedar Springs Road and Harwood Street into downtown. On Main Street, Mr. Groden said people had stood 10 deep, cheering wildly. "At this point, the trip was considered a huge success," he said.
    In the distance, I could see Dealey Plaza.
    Old radio broadcasts and sound effects are interspersed throught the tour. It makes the experience eerily real.
    And once we reached Dealey Plaza, maybe too real.
    We passed by the former School Book Depository Building and started down the slope toward the triple underpass. And suddenly, out of those powerful speakers, the sound of gunshots rang out. BOOM...BOOM, BOOM.
    Mr. Crute slowed the big limo to a near stop, just as the driver did that day.Then he zoomed forward, toward Stemmons Freeway.
    The speakers blared with frantic news reports and police sirens and screams. The horror and chaos that must have filled that car that day were made stomach-sickingly real.
    As we raced toward Parkland Memorial Hospital, the voices faded until the only sound was the mornful wail f a siren.
    I don't know. History. Creepy? Tacky? Maybe all of the above.

orionova Guest
    We have a memorial here dedicated to fathers, and it has a life size bronze of JFK on it. In front of the bronze is a life sized statue of John John saluting. Whenever my niece goes to the park where the memorial is located, she will go up to the statue of John John and hug him. She'll pat him on the back and say "there, there. It'll be alright". She's 4, and the same height as the statue.

Gerald Posner ( author of CASE CLOSED ) interviewed today on the Michael Smerconish Show:

http://www.smerconish.com/audio.php

lucilleball861911 Guest
    JFK's death, to me, marks the end of the prosperous days of America, you know after WWII everything was booming in America, the typical "good ol' days" we see so much in movies and read about... after JFK's death i feel America went into a limbo stage with all this psychedelic stage in which men grew their hair and wore shaggy beards... the pride of being american sort of died along with JFK... had the Kennedys not been assassinated we would not be in the stage we are today as a country

Nicki Guest

Mrs. Kennedy is reaching to the rear as Agent Hill jumps on the rear of Limo.

Met Clint Hill and Gerald Blaine last week in San Francisco when they were in town for their book tour. Clint Hill is the Agent in the above pictures who jump on the limo and pushed Jackie back into the seat. Gerald Blaine was JFK's Agent but was off duty and in San Antoine, TX when the Assasination happen. Very nice men. Enjoyed their talk and visiting with them afterwards.

After listening to them you get a very good picture of how their jobs were done and what was expected of them. Can't wait to read the book. Glad they finally did a book although most everything is in the Warren Commission Report. They go into alittle more personal detail of what life was like guarding the Presidents family. I believe there will always be conspiracy theorys till the end of the time. Basically I think that little weasle Oswald did the awful deed! Alot of people don't want to think that a little shithead like Oswald could have done something like killing the President of the United States all by his lonesome.

This was Clint Hills interview in 1975 with Mike Wallace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCy3yqIOBI4 He was a mess then, drinking heavily and in bad shape. He seems to have come to peace with what happen and what he saw that day on November 22, 1963 since that interview on 60 minutes.
    Most Recent Interview 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZwHAy60WE
    Last edited by Nicki; 12-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post

Mrs. Kennedy is reaching to the rear as Agent Hill jumps on the rear of Limo.

Met Clint Hill and Gerald Blaine last week in San Francisco when they were in town for their book tour. Clint Hill is the Agent in the above pictures who jump on the limo and pushed Jackie back into the seat. Gerald Blaine was JFK's Agent but was off duty and in San Antoine, TX when the Assasination happen. Very nice men. Enjoyed their talk and visiting with them afterwards.

After listening to them you get a very good picture of how their jobs were done and what was expected of them. Can't wait to read the book. Glad they finally did a book although most everything is in the Warren Commission Report. They go into alittle more personal detail of what life was like guarding the Presidents family. I believe there will always be conspiracy theorys till the end of the time. Basically I think that little weasle Oswald did the awful deed! Alot of people don't want to think that a little shithead like Oswald could have done something like killing the President of the United States all by his lonesome.

This was Clint Hills interview in 1975 with Mike Wallace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCy3yqIOBI4 He was a mess then, drinking heavily and in bad shape. He seems to have come to peace with what happen and what he saw that day on November 22, 1963 since that interview on 60 minutes.
    Most Recent Interview 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZwHAy60WE

even Kennedy's secretary fell for the conspiracy theories:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337999/Who-killed-JFK-List-suspects-assassinated-Presidents-secretary-goes-auction.html

Severely Snapped Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Here is an article about the limo tour - I'm trying to find out if it is still going on.
    Seurto, thanks for typing all that up! I'd love to do that deal. It sounds like a history buff's - or a Hag's - wet dream.

Palehorse Guest
    . . .According to the Warren Commission[13] and the House Select Committee on Assassinations,[14] as President Kennedy waved to the crowds on his right with his right arm upraised on the side of the limo, a shot entered his upper back, penetrated his neck, slightly damaged a spinal vertebra and the top of his right lung, exited his throat nearly centerline just beneath his Adam's apple, then nicked the left side of his suit tie knot. He then raised his arms and clenched his fists in front of his face and neck, then leaned forward and towards his left. Mrs. Kennedy (already facing him) then put her arms around him in concern. Governor Connally also reacted after the same bullet penetrated his back creating an oval entry wound, impacted and destroyed four inches of his right, fifth rib bone, exited his chest just below his right nipple creating a two-and-a-half inch oval sucking-air chest wound, then entered just above his right wrist, impacted and cleanly fractured his right wrist bone, exited just below the wrist at the inner side of his right palm, and entered his left inner thigh.[15][16] The Warren Commission theorized that the "single bullet" struck between Zapruder frames 210 and 225, while the House Select Committee theorized it occurred exactly at Zapruder frame 190. . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...._assassination

I know, Wiki, but the quoted portion above illustrates accurately the "path" the "magic bullet" is supposed to have taken. Any of you on here that are hunters know all too well the damage doen to a projectile when it comes into contact with bone. Given the bones the magic bullet would have been in contact with, I find it VERY hard to believe there is not a conspiracy in this case. That alone screams of it to me.

I also find it hard to understand how an involuntary reaction to an impact would move the head toward the direction from which the shot came, instead of away from it. Every single animal I have ever shot in my life has always moved away from me upon impact, before dropping. Back brace or not, it would have had zero effect upon his reaction and the laws of physics.

The Limo: Yes, it is indeed on display at the Henry Ford Museum / Greenfield Village, in Dearborn Michigan, and I have seen it for myself. (And touched it despite the warnings not to). (The chair that Lincoln was shot in is also there, resplendent behind a glass enclosure, still containing the blood, his shawl, and program).

I actually worked in Oak Park, Illinois, where Sam Giancana lived before being killed himself, and his home was on my route. (I worked for the Village). The speculation surrounding his potential involvement in the JFK assassination was always strong back then, and remains so to this day.

I don't for one second believe Oswald acted alone, nor do I believe he was capable of achieving the level of marksmanship required to pull off this initiative; even with the very best firearm available at the time. I do believe he presented a very neat package with which to "put this thing to rest" during a very troublesome period in our nation's torrid history. And the Warren Commissions report is the most expensive piece of governmental fiction we ever paid for.

The FBI was the first authority to complete an investigation. On November 24, 1963, just hours after Oswald was murdered, FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover, said that he wanted "something issued so we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin." And that release stated that there were 3 shots fired, and ironically any other "investigation" fell right into step with these findings. (More fiction)

FBI Agent James Hosty was intimate with Oswald; to the point where his name, address, and telephone number were in Oswald's address book. This information was covered up by the FBI and was never shared with any other investigating agency at the time. (Coincidence? I do not believe in them).

The Brain? According to RFK himself, it was interred with the late POTUS's body, after being delivered to him by George Burkley. In fact, a Washington Post article from 1998 alludes to this very fact:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...fk/jfk1110.htm

stephenmiller Guest
    Another point is that Kennedy's doctor, Admiral George Burkley, was never even contacted or interviewed by Warren Commission staff attorneys such as Arlen Specter despite the fact that Burkley stayed with the body at Parkland and Bethesda and was the recipient of all medical evidence and also filed out a somewhat different death certificate and who was in the best position to examine the head and throat wounds. Why was Burkley not questioned?

Kennedy Mini-series has been pulled from the History Channel:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/09history.html

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Kennedy Mini-series has been pulled from the History Channel:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/09history.html

Maybe they could sell it to Lifetime???

Ted Challinor Guest
    I thought I’d been through all the minutiae of November 22 1963…until I watched an uncut CBS black and white tv broadcast inside Fort Worth hotel breakfast where JFK gave what was to be his final speech. What I discovered was somewhat poignant and sad.
    … I knew that JFK joked about Jackie’s absence in the parking lot speech beforehand – see my avatar and later in this message – but what shocked me a bit was her absence from the hotel breakfast. I’m not reading anything into this from their relationship, or anything like that, but what happens is that JFK walks into the hall to applause etc and is seated at the top table, next to an empty chair waiting for Jacky. Along the top table row is LBJ, Lady Bird, Connally, Yarborough, & all the other dullards from that fateful day, whose sum total of charisma adds up to a thimbleful compared to JFK and JBK.
    Then, and this is my point, JFK, the most powerful man on earth etc, and on his last morning (though of course no one knew it) is left to go over his speech and fidget for approaching 20 minutes before his wife arrives. To me he looks bored with what company there is around him – I’ve been there at functions I’ve attended too! – and it’s the first time I sense he’s lost the knack of small talk. In short, with just a few hours to live, he looks alone and isolated – rarely something I’d associate with JFK – the Massachusetts man surrounded by Stetson men from Texas and their wives, while Jackie is, I guess, preparing her look.
    Eventually, she appears and sweeps in charmingly to huge applause. Its all smiles, and JFK, although they had their ups and downs, seems genuinely over-the-moon and relieved to greet her. However, when viewing the black and white tv coverage, CBS’s Mike Wallace’s words… “…she is wearing a woollen pink suit..” bring a shudder of what will inevitably take place a little later.
    A final thought: I chose this image as an avatar after seeing it originally produced in a book, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, As we remember him. As well as connally, LBJ, etc is someone directly behind JFK in this pic, which, if produced larger, is hooded, a little hidden, but taller than the president, and quite a good resemblance to Death, stalking him on his final morning….other photos from other angles of course reveal the more boring truth. It’s a woman – one of the dignitaries’ wives perhaps – wearing a raincoat and holding an umbrella. Do any of you know who she is?

Klopek Guest

Just in.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...er_tatian.html
    And I was just watching a Discovery channel piece "The Kennedy Detail" it was well done and focused on JFK's Secret Service detail. There were good clips of JFK with Caroline, it was very poignant.

Klopek Guest

Here's another angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    I thought I’d been through all the minutiae of November 22 1963…until I watched an uncut CBS black and white tv broadcast inside Fort Worth hotel breakfast where JFK gave what was to be his final speech. What I discovered was somewhat poignant and sad.
    … I knew that JFK joked about Jackie’s absence in the parking lot speech beforehand – see my avatar and later in this message – but what shocked me a bit was her absence from the hotel breakfast. I’m not reading anything into this from their relationship, or anything like that, but what happens is that JFK walks into the hall to applause etc and is seated at the top table, next to an empty chair waiting for Jacky. Along the top table row is LBJ, Lady Bird, Connally, Yarborough, & all the other dullards from that fateful day, whose sum total of charisma adds up to a thimbleful compared to JFK and JBK.
    Then, and this is my point, JFK, the most powerful man on earth etc, and on his last morning (though of course no one knew it) is left to go over his speech and fidget for approaching 20 minutes before his wife arrives. To me he looks bored with what company there is around him – I’ve been there at functions I’ve attended too! – and it’s the first time I sense he’s lost the knack of small talk. In short, with just a few hours to live, he looks alone and isolated – rarely something I’d associate with JFK – the Massachusetts man surrounded by Stetson men from Texas and their wives, while Jackie is, I guess, preparing her look.
    Eventually, she appears and sweeps in charmingly to huge applause. Its all smiles, and JFK, although they had their ups and downs, seems genuinely over-the-moon and relieved to greet her. However, when viewing the black and white tv coverage, CBS’s Mike Wallace’s words… “…she is wearing a woollen pink suit..” bring a shudder of what will inevitably take place a little later.
    A final thought: I chose this image as an avatar after seeing it originally produced in a book, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, As we remember him. As well as connally, LBJ, etc is someone directly behind JFK in this pic, which, if produced larger, is hooded, a little hidden, but taller than the president, and quite a good resemblance to Death, stalking him on his final morning….other photos from other angles of course reveal the more boring truth. It’s a woman – one of the dignitaries’ wives perhaps – wearing a raincoat and holding an umbrella. Do any of you know who she is?
    Likely Jane Justin, the wife of Ft. Worth mayor/industrialist John Justin Jr. In Discovery's The Kennedy Detail, the Ft.Worth breakfast was discussed.
    Last edited by Klopek; 01-14-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Ted Challinor Guest
    ty klopek : )

Klopek Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    ty klopek : )
    My Pleasure! If you're a JFK buff, Back in the late 80's I was stationed aboard U.S.S. John F. Kennedy (CV-67). I have a ship info book w/pics of the ships in port cabin including JFK's rocking chairs. When I get around to scanning, I'll post some goodies. Cheers.
    Klopek (Glenn)