Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Landon

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Michael was widely rumored to have horse-meat.

Are there any photos?

Discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I liked the guy...from Bonanza to Highway to Heaven. I think Touched by an Angel was such a rip off from Highway to Heaven.

What a way for the poor guy to go. I think he was skiing here in salt lake when he got sick and saw a doctor here before he was told it was more serious and to follow up in LA!
    Hey Danny.....got to tell you that your "bodybuilding" pics are disgusting and funny at the same time - you have no legs, a fat gut and small arms - what are you showing off??

Why do you feel the need to post a pic of yourself in that manner?? You must have little or no self confidence.

Who are you trying to impress??? Get it together, get rid of the pics and try to be a bit humble,eh???

Glamrock Princess Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Him and his first wife adopted the kid. When they split up, they decided to send the kid back, since they didn't want to put the newly adopted kid thru a divorce!

That's awful, poor kid

From what I read, his parents were pretty cruel to him growing up. So I guess that is why he didn't have much to do with his Mom.
    From what I've read both were mean drunks who fought like cats and dogs; in fact he said that he knew that they had had sex twice, the proof being the conception of him and his sister. Pretty hard words, but if they were as cruel as he says, can't blame him for cutting them off.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

5. 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Him and his first wife adopted the kid. When they split up, they decided to send the kid back, since they didn't want to put the newly adopted kid thru a divorce!
    Yeah, riiiight. But it was ok to make the kid feel unwanted. Nice.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Hey Danny.....got to tell you that your "bodybuilding" pics are disgusting and funny at the same time - you have no legs, a fat gut and small arms - what are you showing off??

Why do you feel the need to post a pic of yourself in that manner?? You must have little or no self confidence.

Who are you trying to impress??? Get it together, get rid of the pics and try to be a bit humble,eh???
    I hope you are kidding in this post.

RLR12 Guest

Wow, that's pretty unkind. Any particular reason you felt the need to say that to someone who has always been nice to everyone else on this board?

unihikid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    On a different note, Melissa Sue Anderson was nice and so was Half-Pint, but Half-Pint had a controlling bitch of a mother who made everyone's life miserable. One had a hang-up about wearing white gloves, but I can't remember which one. Ma was pleasant but real dumb.
    not to get off topic but yea what ever happed to half pints half brother gilbert? whenever asked about him she trys to steer clear of that subject.i heard that he was missing or something.idk the gilberts seem a lil off.

Please stop quoting people that are being asses. Not everything is worth repeating or even acknowledging. That said, I got a ban to hand out. Carry on.

wow. talk about someone with "little or no self confidence" this isn't high school anymore buddy. get a grip!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Stop quoting that post or write a five-hundred word essay on how that helps anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Stop quoting that post or write a five-hundred word essay on how that helps anything.
    aw come on nick! i never get to be rude to anyone. you're a ruiner! ha! jk don't ban me.

me love you long time? no?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
    not to get off topic but yea what ever happed to half pints half brother gilbert? whenever asked about him she trys to steer clear of that subject.i heard that he was missing or something.idk the gilberts seem a lil off.
    Here's what wiki says:

Since Little House on the Prairie ended production, Gilbert attended and graduated from Hamilton College with a B.A. degree followed by an MBA in Finance Bernard M. Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business. He is now working as a stockbroker in New York City.

But I also heard that, when LHOTP ended and he could no longer find work in Hollywood, he was so upset that he disappeared.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

seamuskaxen Guest
    They showed Little house on TV here when I was 11 it was the first time I saw it. I remember hurry home from school to watch it. We were a bunch of girls who had a crush on Michael Landon.

scootershort Guest
    little off topic - both Melissa and her brother were adopted by the Gilberts - that's why her sister Sarah from Roseanne looks so different and explains why they are a little off.

not half pint anymore, more like two half gallons lmaoooooooo
    pull the string!

20. 04-18-2008, 01:42 AM

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    not half pint anymore, more like two half gallons lmaoooooooo
    Jesus, is that man with tits?

Chevyheaven Guest
    Little house on the praire rocked. I watched every episode.. i was so in love with Mary. she was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Little house on the praire rocked. I watched every episode.. i was so in love with Mary. she was my favorite.

My favorite season was when "Manly" and "Beth" met, dated and then got married. After they married, the show went downhill for me. But I thought their courtship and everything was pretty sweet.

I also loved the episode when Laura shoved Nellie down a hill when she was faking being paralyzed and ended up in that wheelchair and made Laura feel guilty enough to do all that stuff for her.

Chevyheaven Guest
    LOL I love that Nellie Olsen she was kick ass. Bitch didnt take shit from no one. I love tough women like that too!

I loved the episode where Albert was coming off methdone? mescaline? Or what the heck was that? hewas seeing bugs all over his skin. Man that was a great episode.

Steve Guest
    It was morphine.

Would it be unkind to say that Melissa was homely as a child and getting older hasn't really helped? Yeah, I guess it would. Forget that...

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I remember reading an article years ago where his widow said in order for her to get involved or marry another man again, he would have to be someone of importance like Michael or something to that effect....

As far as the wife who he dumped for her, Lyn? Didn't he dump his first wife for her too? So wasn't she the other woman herself as well?

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I really liked Albert and Mary too. I think one of the most upsetting episodes was when Mary and Adam's baby died in the house fire. Heavy stuff...

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It was morphine.

Would it be unkind to say that Melissa was homely as a child and getting older hasn't really helped? Yeah, I guess it would. Forget that...
    I'll have to be unkind as well, I think Mellisa Gilbert was cute as a child but homely. I still don't think she makes a very pretty woman.

I can't believe shes married to Bruce Boxleightner. He's gorgeous!

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I really liked Albert and Mary too. I think one of the most upsetting episodes was when Mary and Adam's baby died in the house fire. Heavy stuff...
    That episode was heartwrenching.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    That episode was heartwrenching.
    It really was. Who can forget Alice Garvey breaking the glass on the top floor while holding the baby as the flames surrounded them. I'll never forget the look of horror of the people who had made it outside and were looking up. Especially Hester Sue.

I have to say one thing about Michael Landon. He knew how to get to you with his series...

Suzanne30 Guest
    It really was. Who can forget Alice Garvey breaking the glass on the top floor while holding the baby as the flames surrounded them. I'll never forget the look of horror of the people who had made it outside and were looking up. Especially Hester Sue.

I have to say one thing about Michael Landon. He knew how to get to you with his series...
    He sure did.

Do you all remember how the fire got started?

Smoking kills...

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Do you all remember how the fire got started?

Smoking kills...
    I seem to remember Albert and his friend sneaking down to the basement to smoke a pipe they took from one of the adults. I think the pipe which was left down there later started it.

I seem to remember Albert and his friend sneaking down to the basement to smoke a pipe they took from one of the adults. I think the pipe which was left down there later started it.
    Hi, fellow DHs! First post for me. (Who knew there were so many of us??? What rock have I been living under?)

So, wasn't it Andrew Garvey and Albert who tried smoking a pipe in the basement of the blind school? Someone (Hester Sue, maybe?) poked her head downstairs to ask what they were doing or call them up for something or other, and whichever boy was holding the pipe dropped it onto either cloth or a stack of papers. What was so awful then was that Andrew G. was partly responsible for that horrible top window scene with his mom Alice and the baby.

I watched that show every night after school. I loved it but, like someone else on here said, my mom hated Michael Landon, both for the crying and also the way he laughed (reminded her of an old bf). As an 8-year-old, I thought he was pretty cute. But nothing like hunky, dimply Manly. "Aww, now Beth..."

Elizabeth Guest

Welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Hi, fellow DHs! First post for me. (Who knew there were so many of us??? What rock have I been living under?)

So, wasn't it Andrew Garvey and Albert who tried smoking a pipe in the basement of the blind school? Someone (Hester Sue, maybe?) poked her head downstairs to ask what they were doing or call them up for something or other, and whichever boy was holding the pipe dropped it onto either cloth or a stack of papers. What was so awful then was that Andrew G. was partly responsible for that horrible top window scene with his mom Alice and the baby.

I watched that show every night after school. I loved it but, like someone else on here said, my mom hated Michael Landon, both for the crying and also the way he laughed (reminded her of an old bf). As an 8-year-old, I thought he was pretty cute. But nothing like hunky, dimply Manly. "Aww, now Beth..."
    Welcome, Luanne!!! Enjoy yourself!!!

I always got kind of a creepy vibe regarding Michael Landon.....this man who promoted family values and an old time morals system via his work was a three times married man with, what, ten kids (an exaggeration I know but a *lot* of children anyway), who smoked and drank ,and cheated on his wives, and lived a very Hollywood lifestyle.....nope, I couldn't reconcile his public with private life (hell, maybe he couldn't either) and so I couldn't get in to any of his series....

But given his parents and their affect on him, sounds like he was damaged goods to begin with....

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I remember the one where Sylvia got raped by the guy in the clown mask and everyone though that Albert got her pregnant. I wonder if I was too young at the time to handle that one? Anyway, it was a two-parter where the identity of the rapist was withheld until the next week, and in between episodes, someone at school thought the rapist was Mrs. Oleson. I was old enough even to realize Mrs. Oleson couldn't make a woman pregnant!

Noreen Guest
    Wow, this is bringing back memories and shattering some. I knew Landon had been abused as a child but I din't know he grew into an abuser himself. The cycle
    of abuse, eh?

And a welcome to Luanne!

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scootershort View Post
    little off topic - both Melissa and her brother were adopted by the Gilberts - that's why her sister Sarah from Roseanne looks so different and explains why they are a little off.
    Sara Gilbert is an out lesbian. She and her partner recently had a kid. Melissa Gilbert named one of her kids after Michael Landon...not sure if its the one she handed over to her ex. Michaels first wife founded a support group for other divorced wives of famous men, called LADIES (Life After Divorce Is Eventually Sane).

Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag
    On a different note, Melissa Sue Anderson was nice and so was Half-Pint, but Half-Pint had a controlling bitch of a mother who made everyone's life miserable. One had a hang-up about wearing white gloves, but I can't remember which one. Ma was pleasant but real dumb.
    What a stretch ! I mean all she ever did on that show was say, "Oh, Charles...." and look concerned, lovingly concerned.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Elizabeth Guest

What I (Think I) Know

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Sara Gilbert is an out lesbian. She and her partner recently had a kid. Melissa Gilbert named one of her kids after Michael Landon...not sure if its the one she handed over to her ex. Michaels first wife founded a support group for other divorced wives of famous men, called LADIES (Life After Divorce Is Eventually Sane).
    Melissa named her first son Dakota and that was the one that lives with her ex. Her son Michael is with current hubby Bruce Boxleitner. And I believe it is Michael Landon's second (?, could be his third, I can't remember) wife Lynn who is the founder of the support group--you go, girl!!!

Guest Guest

Smile Michael Landon

Not sure if there has been a thread for him, but are there any fans of Michael Landon here?
    I liked him best in 'Highway to Heaven'. He seemed to radiate such warmth and friendliness.

Giada Guest
    Sometimes it's the good or likable man that creates a greater actor appeal for me ....Landon was one of those.

Little House on the Prairie

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I was doing some "Dead guy" research about a week ago and I found out he was Jewish...All the years I watched him and I never knew...That was a big surprise...I loves the Jewish...They gave us Mel Brooks...
    I loved Highway to Heaven...I am a bigger fan of Little House...Now those were some tearjerkers...I remember when he died...Very clearly...

Pinklovedoll Guest
    I tried to find his last interiew with Johny Carson,when he was talking about his cancer,and couldnt.I didnt get to see it,I'd like to find it.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

JacksTiger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I was doing some "Dead guy" research about a week ago and I found out he was Jewish...All the years I watched him and I never knew...That was a big surprise...I loves the Jewish...They gave us Mel Brooks...
    I loved Highway to Heaven...I am a bigger fan of Little House...Now those were some tearjerkers...I remember when he died...Very clearly...
    I'm not sure that he was Jewish. His father was Jewish; his mother Italian Catholic. From what I heard him say on talk shows, his parents didn't get along very well.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklovedoll View Post
    I tried to find his last interiew with Johny Carson,when he was talking about his cancer,and couldnt.I didnt get to see it,I'd like to find it.

This one...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GveUVsXunG8

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklovedoll View Post
    Did'nt many people from Little House on the Prairie die from Cancer? The places the show was shot in used to be a chemical waste dump or something.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post

Hey,thank you so much,I looked for it on youtube,dont know why I couldnt find it.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksTiger View Post
    I'm not sure that he was Jewish. His father was Jewish; his mother Italian Catholic. From what I heard him say on talk shows, his parents didn't get along very well.

Yea he was jewish.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Did'nt many people from Little House on the Prairie die from Cancer? The places the show was shot in used to be a chemical waste dump or something.

I heard that too...I know Victor French (from Little House and Highway to Heaven) died of cancer...

Pinklovedoll Guest
    I just watched part one of that interview,I cant believe its been 17 years,I remember he died less than 2 months later,I'm gonna watch part 2 after Ghosthunters.