Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Flynn, Son of Errol

Sean Flynn, Son of Errol

ERROL FLYNN had 1 son, SEAN born in May 1941. SEAN'S mother was French actress LILI DAMITA who was ERROL'S first (of 3) wife. ERROL & LILI separated and divorced before SEAN'S 1st birthday. LILI was awarded custody of SEAN with ERROL having visitation rights.

ERROL would have three daughters, 2 with his 2nd wife NORA and 1 with his 3rd wife PATRICE. ERROL adored his son, and tried to provide him with great adventures during their time together. On SEAN'S 12th birthday, his dad took the boy to a whorehouse. LILI hit the roof and tried to have the visitations taken away. She failed.

SEAN was 18 when his father died.
    Tall and extremely handsome like his father SEAN was a natural pick to be in movies. He was in 9 films between
    1960 (a bit in WHERE THE BOYS ARE) & 1967. His greatest being 1962's THE SON OF CAPTAIN BLOOD. Disillusioned with the entertainment business, his life in general, SEAN took a journalist/photographer assignment in Vietnam in the late 1960s. In 1970 he disappeared along with his friend and co-worker DANA STONE. His mother spent tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to locate her son. It was later learned that he likely died at the hands of the Khmer Rouge in June 1971.

SEAN age 12 with his movie star father ERROL FLYNN (1953)

SEAN in THE SON OF CAPTAIN BLOOD (1962)

SEAN with DANA STONE in Vietnam (1970)

[SIZE=4]SEAN LESLIE FLYNN[/SIZE]
    1941-1971

RoRo Guest
    How sad

3. 10-28-2007, 06:23 AM

Katie Guest
    Do you know what part he plaid in Where the boys are?

I think he looks a lot like Ricky Nelson. Look at that mouth as a 12 year old.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Damn what a shame he was hot!

lulu Guest
    What a good looking young man. How tragic that he died so young.

Ya learn something new every day. I love this place

miamore73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Do you know what part he plaid in Where the boys are?

I think he looks a lot like Ricky Nelson. Look at that mouth as a 12 year old.
    I agree. I totally see Ricky Nelson resemblence.

So know one ever really knew what happened for sure?? It's just assumed?

He was really handsome.

Amberlights Guest
    Thanks for bringing up Sean. He should be remembered as well.

A tragic ending. Sean lived through much in his short life, too......a chip off the old block, but his dad always seemed to escape danger in tact. Not his boy, unfortunately. There is a book about both men, Inherited Risk: Errol and Sean Flynn in Hollywood & Vietnam by Jeffrey Meyers.

There is a great Flynn website with many articles, including some on Sean. One of these articles is about an English war photographer who believed he found a tooth of Sean's when going back to Cambodia to looks for remains of Sean & Dana Stone. It's probably the best anyone's ever going to have as some kind of closure regarding what may have happened to him:

http://www.cernstharth.com/flynn/pefc

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I agree, I learned something! And oh my, he was heartbreakingly handsome, swooonn!

Noelle Page Guest
    Sean's story would make a great movie....how about with Brad Pitt starring?

lisalouver Guest
    What a hottie! I never knew this story. Thank you Kelt, for posting this.

Did his mother ever have a memorial service for him, or is there a marker of any type for him?

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    What a hottie! I never knew this story. Thank you Kelt, for posting this.

Did his mother ever have a memorial service for him, or is there a marker of any type for him?
    I'm not aware of any cenotaph for SEAN, though there might be one somewhere. His mother spent a fortune trying to find him. I believe that she was living in Idaho with husband #3 (FLYNN was #2) for a while before she eventually moved to Florida. During the last few years of her life she admitted to those closest to her that she knew in her heart that her boy was dead. (Few people remember that DAMITA'S first husband was famous director MICHAEL CURTIZ.)

ERROL FLYNN with his wife
    LILI DAMITA in late 1937 while on break during the filming of
    THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD

Their son SEAN FLYNN, shown in 1961.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

lisalouver Guest
    Kelt, you are a wealth of awesome information. Thank you again!!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Angelina could play Lili, telling her son's story in flashbacks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Angelina could play Lili, telling her son's story in flashbacks.....
    Noelle- what a cool idea.

Katie Guest
    Kelt,

Were you ever able to find out what part he played in "Where the Boys Are?" I loved that movie.

Jazbabee Guest
    Very, very sad story

Noelle Page Guest
    They could film in Vietnam, Pax's native country.

I smell Oscar....

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Kelt,

Were you ever able to find out what part he played in "Where the Boys Are?" I loved that movie.
    I think that SEAN was featured in group/crowd scenes; I don't believe that he had a speaking role in Where The Boys Are.

Katie Guest
    Thanks, I didn't remember him.

I 'm not sure if I have ever thanked you, but I love when you post. They are always so informative.

You are very kind.
    Thank You . . . .

TheMysterian Guest
    I remember seeing him in the film "Son of Capt. Blood" back in the 60's,thats when you could go to the "movies" see two films and a "short" for under a buck.It's too bad there is no final ending to his death.

cherryghost Guest
    A very interesting thread but I expect nothing less from Kelt!

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    ERROL FLYNN had 1 son, SEAN born in May 1941. SEAN'S mother was French actress LILI DAMITA who was ERROL'S first (of 3) wife. ERROL & LILI separated and divorced before SEAN'S 1st birthday. LILI was awarded custody of SEAN with ERROL having visitation rights.

ERROL would have three daughters, 2 with his 2nd wife NORA and 1 with his 3rd wife PATRICE. ERROL adored his son, and tried to provide him with great adventures during their time together. On SEAN'S 12th birthday, his dad took the boy to a whorehouse. LILI hit the roof and tried to have the visitations taken away. She failed.

SEAN was 18 when his father died.
    Tall and extremely handsome like his father SEAN was a natural pick to be in movies. He was in 9 films between
    1960 (a bit in WHERE THE BOYS ARE) & 1967. His greatest being 1962's THE SON OF CAPTAIN BLOOD. Disillusioned with the entertainment business, his life in general, SEAN took a journalist/photographer assignment in Vietnam in the late 1960s. In 1970 he disappeared along with his friend and co-worker DANA STONE. His mother spent tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to locate her son. It was later learned that he likely died at the hands of the Khmer Rouge in June 1971.

SEAN age 12 with his movie star father ERROL FLYNN (1953)

SEAN in THE SON OF CAPTAIN BLOOD (1962)

SEAN with DANA STONE in Vietnam (1970)

[SIZE=4]SEAN LESLIE FLYNN[/SIZE]

1941-1971

I completely forgot about this, very tragic, and he was such a handsome man... just another amazing celebrity story... I thought I had seen a show in the last few years that focused on his dissapearance and retraced his steps when he went into the warlands and dissappeared... they believe he was shot down with others in a mass grave, and think they have found his resting place..

Im sure the tv film Frankies House was vaguley based on him and a few other photjournalist's time in Cambodia , it rings a bell.

Yes looks like Kevin Dillion played him but this is not much info on it.

Noelle Page Guest
    Well, I just learned Errol's grandson, and Sean's namesake, teenage Sean Flynn, is a teen hearthrob in "Zoey 101" (the pregnant Spears sister TV show). He's quite the young hottie, looks slightly like gramps:

http://www.seanflynn.org/seanflynn.html

He's daughter Rory's son. Real last name is Amir. I can see why he took the more illustrious family name.

Hey Kelt, how about we throw him in the movie, as himself? It'll appeal to the tween demo.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 05-03-2008 at 06:36 PM.

There's also a grandson named LUKE who's not too hard on the eyes. I think that he is much better looking than the other. His mother was ARNELLA (1953-1998): she was the daughter of ERROL FLYNN and his third wife PATRICE WYMORE. I recall reading an article about PATRICE and in it, the grandson was mentioned & several photographs shown. They were trying to tout him as being a new generation of 'FLYNN Heartthrob'. He could do it, but at 31, he better get moving !

Last edited by KELT; 05-05-2008 at 08:24 PM.

NickyBeth Guest
    Okay. Sean Flynn (the current one) should be sued by the Errol Flynn estate for even daring to try to link the two together. That boy makes me feel farklempt.

Luke's not so hard on the eyes. A striking contrast to his relative!

Thanks for posting, Kelt! Always a wealth of information. Do you like knowing useless random facts as well? I think I might have met my match........

Noelle Page Guest
    Hope neither boy parties like ol' gramps.

Was just on Luke's website. Definitely looks like more of a playa than his cousin.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 05-04-2008 at 01:59 PM.

pattykad Guest
    I was pretty familiar with Sean, I believe Shelley Winters said
    he was the most beautiful man she'd ever seen. Don't we
    wonder what had happened if he had lived.....hmmm...

I didn't know anything about the grandkids....thanks for the info on
    them and the books. I guess there are are few more books
    on Flynn I need to read.

pattykad Guest
    Luke Flynn...oh ya, he's got the gene. I hope he can act.

And Kelt, I did not remember Lili being married to Curitz. Thanks for that info.

Do we know if any of Errol's wives are alive anymore? Lili must be deceased, right? Patrice maybe? What about Beverly?
    Last edited by pattykad; 05-04-2008 at 06:26 PM.

pattykad Guest
    And what did Arnella die from?

Another vote for KELT and his amaaaazing posts! I didn't really know much about Errol Flynn so wasn't going to bother opening the thread, but when I saw KELT had started it I figured it would be full of piccies and juicy info.

What a good-looking guy Sean was. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Luke Flynn...oh ya, he's got the gene. I hope he can act.

And Kelt, I did not remember Lili being married to Curitz. Thanks for that info.

Do we know if any of Errol's wives are alive anymore? Lili must be deceased, right? Patrice maybe? What about Beverly?
    PATRICE WYMORE is the only one of his 3 wives who is still living. She lives on & runs the estate that ERROL had purchased before they were married. AADLAND is still alive as far as I know; last I'd heard (around 2000) she was living in the San Fernando Valley. She's only about 65 anyway.

WYMORE today (R) in red

Noelle Page Guest
    Our family is watching "Master of Ballantrae" as I type this. Erroll supposedly drank a lot making this film. He certainly looks puffy. The kids are like, "That's him? That's Robin Hood?"

pattykad Guest
    The Jamaican Estate?

alessa Guest
    Flynn lived in Jamaica a lot in his last few years, and I understand it's really a farm.

Sean, a noted photographer, agreed as a favor to accompany a friend in his last trip in roads in Vietnam, although he felt it was very dangerous. I read somewhere that he was not shot, but beaten to death with a rifle.

SEAN FLYNN
    1941-1970

He was such a handsome man.

Vamp Guest
    He looked just like his dad.

SusanCarole Guest
    Kelt,
    You are amazing! How do you know all that you know?

On the subject of fathers and sons...what about David White (Larry Tate on Bewitched) and his son, Jonathan, who was aboard Pan Am Flight 103 that blew up over Scotland?
    Anyone know any details other than those posted on findadeath?

erictheking97 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady1962 View Post
    On the subject of fathers and sons...what about David White (Larry Tate on Bewitched) and his son, Jonathan, who was aboard Pan Am Flight 103 that blew up over Scotland?
    Anyone know any details other than those posted on findadeath?
    Other than what's on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_White_%28actor%29
    Not much info about it, unless someone else can find more for you!

I never actually knew that.

sweetie103 Guest
    So interesting. I never knew this.

Thank you, Kelt. What a sad but fascinating story.

Shamrocker99 Guest
    Thanks for sharing a great story about his son. You don't get actors like Errol Flynn anymore...swoon...I was born in the wrong era. And his son as a pirate ain't to shabby either!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    You learn something new everyday they say. I was never a big fan of Errol Flynn but my kids used to watch Zoey 101. I had no idea that was his grandson. Hopefully slutty Spears won't ruin his carrer. He has got the looks! Maybe Hollywood will make him a bigger star. We always need future A listers.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

In 1970 he disappeared along with his friend and co-worker DANA STONE. His mother spent tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to locate her son. It was later learned that he likely died at the hands of the Khmer Rouge in June 1971.
    Horst Faas and Tim Page (another loon) eventually located the bodies a couple of years ago. Sean and Dana did indeed disappear down on the Cambodian border. In fact on that day they were with another 7 journo's who were travelling in a VW campervan, or was it a merc, or both? behind these two. All but one of the bodies were recovered, a Japanese journalist remains out there.

If you get to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam, there is a war museum there and they have a very comprehensive photographic display on the wall of the journalists that died during the war including when, where, who they worked for and images. Not MOMA standard but rivetting just the same.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 08-05-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Horst Faas and Tim Page (another loon) eventually located the bodies a couple of years ago. Sean and Dana did indeed disappear down on the Cambodian border. In fact on that day they were with another 7 journo's who were travelling in a VW campervan, or was it a merc, or both? behind these two. All but one of the bodies were recovered, a Japanese journalist remains out there.

If you get to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam, there is a war museum there and they have a very comprehensive photographic display on the wall of the journalists that died during the war including when, where, who they worked for and images. Not MOMA standard but rivetting just the same.
    Did they do DNA testing on the remains or...?

Whatta story......very, very compelling.