Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre

San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre

Did a search and there isn't a specific thread for this. I was only two when this happened. Does anyone remember it?

http://massmurder.zyns.com/james_huberty_01.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Seagorath Guest
    I remember that clearly...especially the little boy on the bicycle.

I remember it happening, but not the year. If I remember right it was back in the day when things like this just didn't happen and so it was a real shock.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Any pics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RoRo Guest
    I vividly remember this and seeing a picture of a woman in a casket with her small child in her arms......such a sad thing and nowadays waaaay too common an occurance
    The top picture is of the little boy with the bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1NTL%20AWARDfull.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	8404  
    Last edited by RoRo; 10-01-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Seagorath Guest

Holy god that picture of the little boy was awful!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Yep, that's the pic...haunted the hell out of me as a youngster...

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Holy god that picture of the little boy was awful!!!

No crime scene pics though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    The little boy was part of the crime scene.

No crime scene pics though?

michael d Guest
    Wikipedia article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Oliver_Huberty

According to the article, the McDonalds was razed and the land was donated to the city. A memorial and community center are now at the site.

Its sad, it seems that there were opportunities that could have prevented this.
    Last edited by michael d; 10-01-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    The little boy was part of the crime scene.

yeah true....

Thinking more of the inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

redkatrampant Guest
    How can I post in your thread about how it looks today when I stole the link from another thread, that you posted. I was gonna give you credit though. :P
    http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/de...99c10e0e&gid=2

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    How can I post in your thread about how it looks today when I stole the link from another thread, that you posted. I was gonna give you credit though. :P
    http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/de...99c10e0e&gid=2

Anyone else think the memorial is just.. well .. ugly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

redkatrampant Guest

Anyone else think the memorial is just.. well .. ugly?
    yup.

Scott has pics of it on the main site.

http://www.findadeath.com/funstuff/M.../McDonalds.htm

Jazbabee Guest
    I remember those images so vividly.......these news reports were the kind that you just remember where you were, what you were doing, etc when you saw and heard them. It was just ghastly.

I was 14 and I remember it like it was yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Seagorath Guest
    Yea, I've always wanted to see the inside of that McDonald's too...I can remember pondering that as kid...wondering how much blood was splattered about. McDonald's was a "happy place" for me as a kid...so it was all too disturbing. Huberty was a damn piece of shit.

yeah true....

Thinking more of the inside.

Nelliebean Guest
    That memorial looks like a busy UPS delivery site.

Yuck..............

Yea, I've always wanted to see the inside of that McDonald's too...I can remember pondering that as kid...wondering how much blood was splattered about.

Almost 20 people killed inside.. yeah that had to have been messy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok this is going to sound AWFUL. Does anyone have any pics of any crime scene site where guns were involved?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Found this.... Composed of some original footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjpL8...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lita Guest
    Go SWAT! I was 2 years old when this happened...no, wait, I lied. I was three went it happened.

I had almost forgotten about James Huberty:

DexterKitty Guest
    Dude looks like a maniac!!!

Lita Guest
    He kind of reminds me of the actor that guest starred on Just Shoot Me. He played Elliot's brother who was pretending to be brain damaged. "Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie."

Hobbes12 Guest
    Shoot it up!!!

Northern Lights Guest

tarsier Guest
    Wont say how old I was at the time but it was back when folks could still be shocked by such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    He kind of reminds me of the actor that guest starred on Just Shoot Me. He played Elliot's brother who was pretending to be brain damaged. "Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie."
    It was David Cross. Even now when my mother makes Chicken Pot Pie I'll say it like him. It drives her crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmvDU5RmyY
    Last edited by lardass; 07-25-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added link

Kugmu Guest
    I had been at this McDonalds many times before the shooting.
    I was in the Navy at the time and right next door was a topless club called The Main Attraction. Used to quickly eat a Big Mac or Qtr Pounder before driving away in the hopes I/we wouldn't smell of beer...
    ??? Deja vu time - sure there isn't already a thread for this...

Seagorath Guest
    Thanks for sharing. The fact that you ate a San Ysidro McDonalds Big Mac is pretty neat...in a weird Death Hag sort of way...

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    I had been at this McDonalds many times before the shooting.
    I was in the Navy at the time and right next door was a topless club called The Main Attraction. Used to quickly eat a Big Mac or Qtr Pounder before driving away in the hopes I/we wouldn't smell of beer...
    ??? Deja vu time - sure there isn't already a thread for this...

Princess Kim Guest
    I remember my dad talking about this once or twice. I don't think he ever worked as far south as San Ysidro, but the police officer being interviewed at the 4-minute mark of the video has a name that's incredibly familiar. I'll ask my dad about this!

How awful, though. What kind of sick bastard shoots at families and kids? What an asshole. I hope he's burning.

Rosa Moline Guest
    I don't know how his wife could have lived with herself after he bluntly informed her he was going out to "hunt humans" if that had been my husband I'd have been on the phone to the cops in an instant, not sitting around on my snatch and doing nothing.

And she had the gall to sue Mcdonalds (unsuccessfully) unbelievable!

and bump again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimmell Guest
    Yep, that's the pic...haunted the hell out of me as a youngster...
    Back in 1985, LIFE magazine did a huge story on the killings, showing the survivors, and them telling their stories. The little boy, Omar Hernandez, age 11, had just gotten off his bike when James Hubberty saw him, and shot thim through the window. Omar's mother was a cafeteria worker at the elementary school where he attended. His mother said Omar worked in the yard earning $1.50 so he could go get a cone of vanilla icecream, and have enough money left to buy a patch for his bike tire that had a slow leak. She said Omar kissed her on the cheek before going, and saying how excited he was that his tire would be fixed.

wow. i had never heard about this. i was only a year old when it happened. but we lived not too far away at that time...crazy. how terrifying! that picture of the boy and the bike...wow, i might have nightmares now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Hippo Guest
    I did not know that Huberty's widow sued McDonald's--what kind of grounds did she use for the lawsuit? It's not making any sense to me.

Huberty's widow sued McDonalds claiming that her husband ate too many Chicken McNuggets which were loaded with MSG. Supposedly, that combined with the residues from welding and caused his psychotic behavior.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Huberty's widow sued McDonalds claiming that her husband ate too many Chicken McNuggets which were loaded with MSG. Supposedly, that combined with the residues from welding and caused his psychotic behavior.
    Please tell me you're kidding.

Kimmell Guest
    His wife was on the show 20/20 years ago talking about how she was made fun by lots of lawyers for seeking their help when she tried to sue McDonald's. She said when she wrote McDonald's corporate about her lawsuit, they had their 12 member lawyer team telling her they would sue her, because she knew that her husband was gonna go out and kill those people. When he came home and said he was going hunting for humans, she had time to call 911, and inform them what her husband had said, maybe giving the police time to interfere.
    She dropped the lawsuit after one of her daughters told a friend that her mom asked her to "choke" on a chicken nugget, and go into a convulsion.
    The daughter's friend told her parents, and McDonald's was notified.
    Ms. Hubberty went on to write Phil Donahue, Sally Jesse, and other talk shows saying she would go on their show for $10,000.
    They all declined.
    She didn't stop there.
    20/20 stated that she went to Simon & Schuster, and other publishing companies to sell her story for $50,000 but no one was interested.
    She tried suing Simon & Schuster for discrimination, because they donated all text books to any of the survivors who were willing to go on to college.
    Ms. Hubberty stated that her children were survivors, and did not get that offer.
    She is a money hungry, bitter woman who wants to make money off those people who were murdered by her husband.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    She had nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    Please tell me you're kidding.
    That's what I found on Wikipedia.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

His widow sounds just as crazy as he was. Jeeez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

LightoftheMoon Guest
    I don't remember this tragedy. It happened a few days before my 5th birthday. Going to read up on it.

Wow, the victims were mostly children or young adults....
    Last edited by LightoftheMoon; 08-31-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: add

Oh man, I remember this so well.
    My brother and I worked at the same company and we really upset people because we were dealing with by using humor. We thought that perhaps McDonalds next offering would be "McVictimland Cookies" - with red icing of course.
    I was shocked that ANYONE would think we were serious, but boy howdy did it upset a few.

It was the only way we could cope.

I seem to remember a woman who lost both of her parents giving an interivew on a talk show. She had left her gun in her glove compartment of her car, because it was illegal to bring it in to the restaurant. She said something like, "If I had broken the law like this guy did, my parents would still be alive." Really sad. I don't know if I am remembering it right.

jaylene Guest
    I remember this well. I was pregnant when this happened and
    it shock me up bad when I heard a story that a woman was
    holding a baby and the baby started crying and he said something
    like "shut that baby up" and of course she couldn't and he shot
    the baby. I still get upset thinking about that. Don't know if thats
    true. Maybe someone else heard this story. I will never forget that
    fear of this happening to me.

desertangel Guest
    Yes, I do remember it well. I was still living in Orange County at the time, so it was not that far away. Was the first "mass murder" of the kind I'd heard of in the news, so it was quite unnerving. Made me want to stay away from McDonald's for awhile, and Wendy's and Jack in the Box. Very unsettling and sad.