Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: San Ysidro McDonalds Massacre

Mammy Guest
    Is this the first documentary ever made about this case? I don't remember any others.

thegimp Guest
    Here are some more links to news stories on this incident:

From ABC News:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj7...s#.UZGatlJlBWN

An 18 minute clip on the incident from a documentary on Mass Murders:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj7...s#.UZGa3FJlBWM

From ABC Nightline:
    http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...kv&age=0&&tt=b

From an NBC news story:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/42361698#42361698

Thank you so much Gimp for these, No Mammy I think this will be the first one. I do not even think a book has been written about this.

Autumndaze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Is this the first documentary ever made about this case? I don't remember any others.
    Hi Mammy. This will be the first documentary that has been made about the massacre. There is a movie called, "Bloody Wednesday" which is far- fetched, and based on the massacre.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure that I've never watched anything about it.

Autumn I still cannot get the video link you sent me of the funerals to work.
    You're welcome Mammy

my disturbed mind Guest
    Good evening everyone. I found this thread becuase when I came across (again) with a video related with this event.

I am new to the forum and I decided to share bit more of it.

I was not yet born, this is the story that has been passed on.
    My aunt and cousin where at that mcdonalds that day. They were comming back from shopping and decided to eat there as usual, it was the same rutine they had before heading back home (Tijuana). My folks have told me that for many passing mexicans, that was the last Mcdonalds (at the time i may be wrong ^^; before crossing the border. When my aunt decided it was time to leave, she was already annoyed because she knew my cousin (he was like 3- 4) would make his typical scene of not wanting to leave, but this time, my cousin did not did such thing and actually agreed to just leave the place peacefully.

According to my aunt, they left the place from the back door, because she'd parked the car there. They got in and head over to the return border side. As they got closer to the returned side, she remembers seeing a lot of patrol cars but she payed not much attention and continued her way to my grandma's house. When they arrived to my grandma's house, my mom recived them with a hugs and my aunt asked why she did that. My mom then turned and looked at her in shocked and asked her if she did not knew to aunt responded no. She said that my mom pulled them into the house, to the living room where the t.v was on about the massacre in mcdonalds, the same one she was in not so long ago. She was in shock, with her jaw down into the ground. My aunt says that they probably left the place 8-10 min. before this man arrived to the restaurant.

yeah I know, sound very detailed but it's because it's been told plenty of times that I memorized it (most of it).

Thank you for sharing. In my notes somewhere, I think it said there was a Macdonald's closer to the border two miles from the one where James Oliver Huberty went, the police were given the wrong address the first time and had to turn around., I'll look in my notes again and post if I find it.

my disturbed mind Guest
    yup, there is one right when you cross to the US. But the one where the incident was taken, was the last one you passed over while you cross to the mexican side since the first one is on the other side of the border.

:'x

my disturbed mind Guest
    and I also found this.

The longer one is an article (in spanish) where the mother of Omar talks about how everything changed for her.

http://foro.univision.com/t5/Tijuana.../td-p/71362257

If you want, I can translate that part

Thank you, yes my Spanish is very rusty can you translate for me? Thank you so much. I did go by the site the other day and it was just surreal, the monument they have is not a very pretty one. I would have done like a small memorial garden.

my disturbed mind Guest
    Yush ^^

I'll work on it next week

thegimp Guest

Well I found Zelia Huberty. She is currently residing in El Cajon Ca on Petree Street. Still looking for Cassandra.

Cassandra is living in Santa Barbara on Andrita. Strange how both still use the last name of Huberty.

Mammy Guest
    I wonder what type of people they are? We all know what their father did and their mother was a wackadoodle, too. It would be hard for that much crazy to not rub off on the kids or at least one of them.

Maybe they both are a little 'wackadoodle' as you put it Mammy. Don't see where either of them have gotten married or had children (maybe that is a good
    thing.)

Seagorath Guest
    This was the first massacre that had me transfixed by the television tube as a child. I think my folks turned the channel. They didn't want me having a negative impression of McDonald's...where I went every Friday for my weekly Happy Meal from 1977 until 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by AngieDFan View Post
    Well I found Zelia Huberty. She is currently residing in El Cajon Ca on Petree Street. Still looking for Cassandra.
    OMG we almost got an apartment on Petree Street there in El Cajon, it would be funny if it was the same apartment complex.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieDFan View Post
    Maybe they both are a little 'wackadoodle' as you put it Mammy. Don't see where either of them have gotten married or had children (maybe that is a good
    thing.)
    I honestly hope they are happy and living peaceful lives. God knows we don't get to hand pick family members and both girls sure drew the short straw on parents. Their childhood was likely really rough through no fault of their own.

Isn't that the truth Mammy!

watching that ted coppel interview with the two news reporters that were there they all look so shell shocked and serious but when you watch news coverage of something like this now? the news reporters look so keyed up and excited in comparison...that's kinda sad imo and unsettling.

That dude was one fry short of a Happy meal I tell you what.

R.I.P. Those who were taken too soon by this mad man.

I don't understand why his wife would show up to the funerals for the victims after she threatened to get them all. It would seriously take a lot of strength to hold me back from picking that lady up and tossing her out on her crazy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

I don't understand why his wife would show up to the funerals for the victims after she threatened to get them all. It would seriously take a lot of strength to hold me back from picking that lady up and tossing her out on her crazy ass.
    Yes, I'm old enough to remember this mass shooting.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I just realized I am about 15 miles from here, I went there today. It felt so surreal, it was quiet. The post office is still there, where SWAT had climbed on the roof, It feels like some of the victims are still there.
    here are some pictures taken with my sweetie's phone.

Thanks for sharing!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

No problem, the doughnut shop is still there and we drove right by the apartments that James Oliver Heuberty lived at and walked from to the McDonald's, we were going to take a picture of it but couldn't pull over as there was a lot of traffic, it felt so strange being there, not really a creepy feeling but, I don't know how to explain it and I did get emotional as I think I was feeling an imprint of what may have been left there, I don't know if there are stories of it being haunted, but I felt in my heart and soul that some of them didn't move on and one that got to me the strongest was Omar, he was the little boy whose body was on the sidewalk outside by his bike.
    if you look near the car at the bike rack, I think that is the spot where Omar was .

the front section where the black truck is that is where the memorial is now and to the right of where all the cars were, that is where we parked today, so I think and I felt that is where it was.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-23-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thank you so much Gimp for these, No Mammy I think this will be the first one. I do not even think a book has been written about this.
    "Berserk!" has a chapter on Huberty.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

You're welcome Sara

qulevergrrl Guest
    I was really young, and my aunt lived down in that area. It was odd, because being young and from a small town we kept thinking she might have been there. That's how little kids think. I thought we were all going to completely lose it until my dad convinced us that there was really no way she'd have been at that EXACT McDonalds.

Thank you for the pics, PK.

I remember this so well as we had moved from SD to Oklahoma a few months earlier. I was still missing SD and I was so shocked that something like that could happen so close to where I used to live.

You guys are welcome.

I don't know what made me decide to do a search on this event but I did find crime scene footage on LiveLeaks. This is apparently right after it happened. Warning: dead bodies.
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=3e5_1506542515

I was 16 when this happened and I remember being so shocked by it. What would make someone walk into a McDonald's and just shoot random strangers? I just couldn't wrap my brain around that. To me (being a teenage death hag) I had always thought of these crimes as someone pissed you off so you killed them. I guess I still have trouble wrapping my head around that because, you know, I'm not a psycho.
    Last edited by Domino; 03-24-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I don't know what made me decide to do a search on this event but I did find crime scene footage on LiveLeaks. This is apparently right after it happened. Warning: dead bodies.
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=3e5_1506542515

I was 16 when this happened and I remember being so shocked by it. What would make someone walk into a McDonald's and just shoot random strangers? I just couldn't wrap my brain around that. To me (being a teenage death hag) I had always thought of these crimes as someone pissed you off so you killed them. I guess I still have trouble wrapping my head around that because, you know, I'm not a psycho.
    It was like shooting fish in a barrel. SMDH. I don't understand it either, and I don't want to.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think the first boy outside was Omar, in the video. I'll dig into my notes more when I find them. If you haven't watched the video be warned it shows a dead baby and blood and dead bodies, reading about it and seeing news stories you can't imagine what it was like and then seeing the footage in the video it was like, I don't know how to explain it but it's very sobering...if that makes sense.?
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-24-2019 at 02:46 PM.

I know It is old but Charlie minn has done a lot of documentary on all sorts of shootings and events this one is call 77 minuets he did one called 49 pulses on the orlando shooting and a bunch more on amazon prime alot of footage from inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    *L* I actually don't have this extreme urge to see it. I bet the quality sucks anyway and there wouldn't be much to see. I totally agree with you on the reporting thing. Besides the fact that she was bat shit crazy I am sure she was used to him saying stuff like this all the time. Hindsight is 20/20. The real person who screwed up with the Dispatcher who sent cops to the wrong address when the person called to report Huberty carrying guns to McDonalds.
    Now that you have seen the footage do you still feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I know one of the employees, then 18, went on to become a police officer in the same area. He was hiding in a closet with other people, that POS opened the door and shot all of them after hearing one of the women crying. He was the only one to survive.

Did you know the crazy man was a former embalmer?
    http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13576...n-Canton?img=2
    I also believe a young lady named Wendy did and a few more as well. Have you watched the surviving employeeson thenew documentary about this. I know your post is a few years old so my apologies if I'm stepping on toes.

I actually met the man that went on to be a cop he is really nice, and is still haunted by what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

She threatened the victims? Wow she was crazy!
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-18-2020 at 01:43 PM.

The "77 Minutes" documentary is available to watch for free on the Tubi app. I'm about thirty minutes in and it's excellent. Mostly interviews with survivors and police.

Quote Originally Posted by Nansei View Post
    The "77 Minutes" documentary is available to watch for free on the Tubi app. I'm about thirty minutes in and it's excellent. Mostly interviews with survivors and police.
    Awesome! Thank you! I've watch this on YouTube, but on TV will be even better.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I really enjoyed it. Enjoy seems like the wrong word, but it was engrossing. I love the fact that they focused on the victims and survivors, and didn't mention the killer's name ONCE. It's obvious that the filmmaker was very critical of the police response, and it was great how he asked them very tough questions.

45. 10-30-2021, 11:54 AM