Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E.R. - The Final Season

E.R. - The Final Season

Anybody watch Thursday night? This is going to be an interesting last hurrah I think.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

trose Guest
    I missed all but the last 15 minutes, dammit. I'm gonna go online & see if I can watch it. It looks like it's gonna be good, though!

Ms. Black Guest
    I watched. I was a huge fan of the show until about four years ago, then I tuned out. But I'm going to watch the last season. Maybe we can get Doug Ross to come back. I doubt it, but maybe.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I think it's in the bag that Anthony Edwards is coming back. I like the idea of a Dr. Greene ghost haunting the hospital!

I would like to see this show end with a bang up season.

Last nights death kinda caught me off guard. So quick.

Jazbabee Guest
    Pratt was a shocker......and I understand at least 1 other major character will die. I also read somewhere that they may bring Ray back (remember he lost both of his legs??) along with a few other characters. But I would love to see them work Dr. Greene into the last season somehow, his death was such a tearjerker !!!!
    Last edited by Jazbabee; 09-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Martini Guest
    I cried my head off watching that episode. Didn't expect that to happen. I've watched this show from the beginning and will miss it when it's done this year. I was so hoping that George Clooney would come back, but doesn't look like that's happening ... unless they're just trying to throw us off. One can only hope!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    I cried my head off watching that episode. Didn't expect that to happen. I've watched this show from the beginning and will miss it when it's done this year. I was so hoping that George Clooney would come back, but doesn't look like that's happening ... unless they're just trying to throw us off. One can only hope!
    It would be nice if they give us a final season full of twists and turns !!!!

Wow i cried through most of that and still weeping now (just watched it 5 mins ago) I loved Pratt gonna miss him on the show but hell what an emotional episode

leeny994 Guest
    OMG I did bawl like a baby watching that episode. Dr. Greene is Supposed to come back as a vision/flashback etc. Carter comes back at some point. And I would soooo love Dr. Ross to come back. he really should--tell us how the twins are doing.

sunshine2828 Guest
    I love this show too! Thursday nights show was definitely a tear jerker. Ray is supposed to be back either in the next episode or the one after that.

I have watched the entire show...I even watch the reruns on TNT every morning. I can't imagine any show that could replace it. It was that good.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Jazbabee Guest
    I also read that Maura Tierney wants to have Abby killed off, and that's how I thought the season would start off. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they had Romano come back after being killed by the ER helicopter crashing on him ??? He really was one of those pr*cks you loved to hate !!!!!

Snoopy Guest
    God my husband and I were like No they won't kill Pratt off I couldn't believe it..cried my eyes out..especially when they were wheeling him to the elevator..Crap why do they do that to us! LOL

I cried so much. What killed me was that Pratt was crying, too, as they worked on him.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Anybody watch Thursday night? This is going to be an interesting last hurrah I think.
    I watched it. Made me cry! Thank good I watched it by myself so no one could see.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    I cried so much. What killed me was that Pratt was crying, too, as they worked on him.
    That's the part that made me lose it.......because you knew that he knew what was coming

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    OMG I did bawl like a baby watching that episode. Dr. Greene is Supposed to come back as a vision/flashback etc. Carter comes back at some point. And I would soooo love Dr. Ross to come back. he really should--tell us how the twins are doing.
    If Doug Ross comes back I am so gonna start watching again.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I'd like to see Jerry the desk clerk come back. He survived getting shot and somebody referred to him going to Alaska. They could have him pull up in a limo or something which would be pretty cool.

Actually, I think it's a dumb idea to cancel the show. It's pretty much a nighttime soap opera, and could go on forever.
    They hit on the formula- continually introduce new characters, as people in real life come and go.

I don't think anything NBC could introduce in its place is going to grab the viewers the way ER has for so many years.

**Jenna** Guest
    I don't want ER to go off the air. Watched that and Chicago hope when they first started.I don't really like Abbey too much,she just seems like a bitch,but my favorite is Lucca(SP?)

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    I don't want ER to go off the air. Watched that and Chicago hope when they first started.I don't really like Abbey too much,she just seems like a bitch,but my favorite is Lucca(SP?)

Abbey is like Lana Lang. A big Debbie Downer.

leeny994 Guest
    I LOVE Jerry--i wish he would come back too...

i remember where I was when i watched the pilot episode... my first semester of college on a friends floor in her room in the dorms...

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Abbey is like Lana Lang. A big Debbie Downer.
    lmao,yeah she is!

When I watched i was surprised it was Pratt. The ads leading up to the broadcast keep saying a fan favorite would breath their last on the season premire. As I watched them working on Pratt I was sure it was misdirection. I thought for sure he was pull through and someone else was going to die suddenly. I have missed the last few seasons but I think I'll stick with it again.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snudgie Guest
    Aw crap!!! I have no willpower!! I was trying to avoid ER spoilers...as it'll be january 2009 before we see it here...so I was going to be good and not peek at what's going to happen...and I just bloody looked....D'oh!!

I really will miss ER though..I've watched it right from the beginning, and I'm now collecting the DVD boxsets...There's been some awesome moments in ER and I'll be sad to see it end.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Aw crap!!! I have no willpower!! I was trying to avoid ER spoilers...as it'll be january 2009 before we see it here...so I was going to be good and not peek at what's going to happen...and I just bloody looked....D'oh!!

I really will miss ER though..I've watched it right from the beginning, and I'm now collecting the DVD boxsets...There's been some awesome moments in ER and I'll be sad to see it end.

Awww Snudgie, sorry we spolied it......I didn't realize that there was such a huge lag time between the airing of the show in our countries !!!

Snudgie Guest
    Oh, it's OK don't worry...I just have to learn how to restrain myself...it's so easy to find out what's happening with the good shows Greys/Desperate Housewives/Lost etc etc.....I'm just so nosey and impatient haha!! xx

Snudgie i'm too impatient to wait till they come on over here so i download them and watch them on the PC lol

KristinEileen Guest
    I cried through the episode, I just about lost it when Morris gave Bettina the engagement ring that Pratt had in his pocket. So sad... Greene is coming back in flashbacks, I think it is to tie loose ends together...Hoping for more excitement!!

Me too!!!

**Jenna** Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Awww Snudgie, sorry we spolied it......I didn't realize that there was such a huge lag time between the airing of the show in our countries !!!
    I didn't realize that either. Thats just weird how that works.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    I cried through the episode, I just about lost it when Morris gave Bettina the engagement ring that Pratt had in his pocket. So sad...
    Me too! I had forgotten he bought that ring.
    Not to be mean but it suck now to have it,wouldn't do anygood now. Guess she could hock it or something. Wish somebody else would've gotten in the ambulence...like Abbey

oh no, don't let it end. I'll probably continue with the reruns like I do with all my other favorite shows.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    oh no, don't let it end. I'll probably continue with the reruns like I do with all my other favorite shows.
    I am considering getting the collection on DVD

Ive never seen it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Noelle Page Guest
    Ha ha, neither have I, not one episode!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I'd like to see Jerry the desk clerk come back. He survived getting shot and somebody referred to him going to Alaska. They could have him pull up in a limo or something which would be pretty cool.

Actually, I think it's a dumb idea to cancel the show. It's pretty much a nighttime soap opera, and could go on forever.
    They hit on the formula- continually introduce new characters, as people in real life come and go.

I don't think anything NBC could introduce in its place is going to grab the viewers the way ER has for so many years.
    I have to agree..you usally know when a show's time is up..this one could go on and on..simply because it's very good at introducing new and interesting characters as old ones leave..

I am considering getting the collection on DVD
    I'm thinking the same thing. Trying to catch them on t.v. or watching missed episodes on those t.v. websites just doesn't cut it a lot of the times.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

dovescry1999 Guest
    At one point, TNT was showing 2 episodes daily...
    Now, they're down to 1 a day...
    But, after thursdays episode, I just don't care anymore. They get rid of the ones you like, and keep those wet noodles (Abby,etc) around.
    I don't think I'll even watch the rest of the season. I have lost the will to admit to the ER...

I also read that Maura Tierney wants to have Abby killed off, and that's how I thought the season would start off. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they had Romano come back after being killed by the ER helicopter crashing on him ??? He really was one of those pr*cks you loved to hate !!!!!
    That poor bastard Romano. It would be poetic justice to see him come back for the finale. I miss him.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

IrishBabe Guest
    Actually, I just read an article that said that Dr. Greene is not coming back in flashbacks, but as hallucinations/visions/maybe a ghost? to the new ER chief, played by Angela Bassett.

Last week's episode made me cry like a baby. I didn't like Pratt at first, but he definitely grew on me as a character. I'm going to miss him.

To anyone who doesn't want to wait, the entire episode is here, online:

http://www.nbc.com/ER/

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Thats what I do too. Never get tired of old Seinfeld,Freinds and Roseanne episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    Thats what I do too. Never get tired of old Seinfeld,Freinds and Roseanne episodes.
    I hear ya; no matter how many times you've seen certain things, they're always so comforting for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Actually, I just read an article that said that Dr. Greene is not coming back in flashbacks, but as hallucinations/visions/maybe a ghost? to the new ER chief, played by Angela Bassett.

Last week's episode made me cry like a baby. I didn't like Pratt at first, but he definitely grew on me as a character. I'm going to miss him.

To anyone who doesn't want to wait, the entire episode is here, online:

http://www.nbc.com/ER/
    Thanks for that. I didn't catch it until now, Jesus talk about crying like a baby.

insanejeff Guest
    I've watched every episode for 14 years and frankly, I'm glad to see it going. It's just gone on too long. Much as I love it, it's time.

I made the mistake of reading online spoilers (after that explosion, I had to know!) so I knew about Pratt but it was still very sad.

I adore Angela Bassett so I kinda wish she had joined the cast a lot sooner

leeny994 Guest
    Loved Dr. Romano--and people showed up for his funeral on the show for free food---and Corday was flipping her lid!

Rosa Moline Guest
    It's weird actually, because all though we'll have to wait till January 2009 to see E.R, we are only a couple of weeks behind on Ugly Betty...only two weeks I think, strange...

Back to E.R, I used to watch this avidly and then missed a few and didn't go back..such a shame as I used to love it, such a quality drama. After reading this thread, I may have to watch this series, especially as it's the last..

So many wonderful characters - stand-outs for me were Carol Hathaway, Dr Greene and Carter (yummy!) favourite eps? When Carter's baby boy was stillborn I literally BAWLED my eyes out, ditto Greene's death..really liked the episode with Ray Liotta too, about the alcoholic dying. Fantastic stuff.

Dr Romano as someone said, was a character you loved to hate..but some of the scenes with him and Weaver were hysterical...I recall when she became his boss he called her a bitch and she said: "no Robert, you're MY bitch now"... and when he died she announced that his estate had decided to donate some money to a LGBT youth project...he was a raving homophobe...

Jazbabee Guest
    Dr Romano as someone said, was a character you loved to hate..but some of the scenes with him and Weaver were hysterical...I recall when she became his boss he called her a bitch and she said: "no Robert, you're MY bitch now"... and when he died she announced that his estate had decided to donate some money to a LGBT youth project...he was a raving homophobe...[/quote]

Romano, Paul McCrane has always played one of thoise guys you love to hate. On ER, Robocop, and he was annoying, but talented in the movie FAME. It such a contrast how Romano was such a homophobe, and his character in the movie Fame, Montgomery McNeil was coming into self realization......guess that's why I have had a fascination with him as an actor.

Here's a clip of some of his roles........some may not realize the scope of the characters he has played
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0MCUEwxNMg
    Last edited by Jazbabee; 09-30-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Pratt was a shocker......and I understand at least 1 other major character will die. I also read somewhere that they may bring Ray back (remember he lost both of his legs??) along with a few other characters. But I would love to see them work Dr. Greene into the last season somehow, his death was such a tearjerker !!!!
    I was never into ER until I became unemployed. It was on early in the AM... I started watching all the old episodes... I got caught up to the episode where Ray lost his legs and ... I was so devastated!!!!! I really didn't expect that! So, two seasons ago, I started watching the night-time version of ER, and liked it a lot. I knew someone was going to die because I saw the cliff hanger last season, and knew it had to be either Pratt, Sam or Abby... and I didn't want it to be any of them... I really didn't want it to be Abby since she and the huz were going to work things out. Funny how attached you can get to people on TV.

What's really weird is... I usually only watch strange stuff...Sci-Fi... if it doesn't have time-travel, vampires, space aliens or star ships..., I don't usually watch it. This is the only 'normal' show I watch! I cried and cried over Pratt. I would be interested to see what would happen if Ray came back.

RoRo Guest
    I have followed this show from the start even when it wasn't so good and I have to say I cried when Greene died and when Pratt died and they were taking him upstairs I was just bawlin!!!! The character of Pratt had really grown and changed thru the time he was there and I loved him..I knew he was going to die as I had read it online, BUT still was just so touched by it! I want Clooney and Margulies both to come back with the twins, I don't know why they would storywise but it would wrap it up nicely. One of my fav episodes was when the man was dying from a heart problem and they kept shocking him back till his family got there,can't remember the man's name but he is married to Marg Helgenberger from CSI...I also loved the epidsode where Carter and Lucy got stabbed...that show could really bring alot of emotion out for me

Yeah. One thing about Abby. She drank a hell of a lot for a recovering alcoholic. I kept thinking... Oh no, you're not really going to drink again after what you did! But she kept doing it. I'm glad she redeemed herself. Maybe I don't hate her as much as other people because I didn't watch the show for all those years. But, she was on my last nerve for her binge drinking.