Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ken Rex McElroy - The bully of Missouri

Ken Rex McElroy - The bully of Missouri

Does anyone remember this guy? There was a movie made about him called 'In broad daylight'. Seems he was such a bully to the townspeople of Skidmoore, Missouri, that they had finally had enough. In broad daylight, they shot him to death in his truck. When the police investigated, they could find no witnesses, even though there were at least 60 people who took part. Take a look at this: http://www.talkguests.com/mcelroy.htm

Here is a pic of his truck

gemini33 Guest
    I think I remember seeing this story on A&E or something. This guy was a class A jerk! I'm not saying he deserved to die, but a good beating was due.

really great story! thanks

it is amazing that he got away with all of those things

Lita Guest
    He had figured out the weakness of the criminal justice system: no witness, no case
    Works both ways, there Slick. Another murder where I don't feel for the victim and I feel for the murderer. These cases are far and few between but this guy sounds like a real ftard.

Some people just don't deserve to live...JMO

Jazbabee Guest
    I think I remember seeing a TV movie about this guy

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I thought we had a thread on here about him? No, maybe it was in Murders Near You, that one.

GREAT book about it, too. He was a real shitsack.

No great loss.

It sounds like he was paranoid his entire life. And he forced the parents of a 12-year-old girl to let him marry her? Holy damn. She must've spent her life being brainwashed if she agreed to be an eyewitness for the prosecution. I can't imagine that kind of home life. Ewww.

Skidmore has bad karma. A few years ago a 21-year-old woman was killed there and her 8-month-old baby was cut out of her. The baby lived, and the woman who did it was convicted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Ohhhh I read about that one as well, Luanne. That lady was a total WACK job. Sick sick gruesome crime.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Does anyone remember this guy? There was a movie made about him called 'In broad daylight'. Seems he was such a bully to the townspeople of Skidmoore, Missouri, that they had finally had enough. In broad daylight, they shot him to death in his truck. When the police investigated, they could find no witnesses, even though there were at least 60 people who took part. Take a look at this: http://www.talkguests.com/mcelroy.htm

He was evil. I saw the movie and read the book.

I totally agree with you Lita. Most people do not deserve to die. But then there are those few, those child rapists, ect.. that just do not deserve life, unless its a life filled with pain and torture.

The article said he had many children. I hope they are normal. I don't think he was around most of them, so maybe they had a chance.

Armcast Guest
    I remember that movie...was the guy played by Brian Dennehy (sp)? I read the book as well...the guy was a total asshole...I can remember feeling a sense of relief at the end of the movie when they were shooting him...kinda felt bad, but thought he really deserved it...

There is a pic in the book of Ken Jr. At 14 or so he already had his dad's name tattooed on his arm. I would love to hear some updates about the kids.

He deserved it.

tarsier Guest
    I believe the movie Dunsmore (made for cable? It didn't have great production values) was based on this case starring Meatloaf. Tis guy was scum and did deserve to die I saw justice in this case.

Great story Michi...I remember reading about this dickhead and seeing a doc about him. If anyone ever deserved a buckshot shower, it was him.

The question I have though is, if there was an asshole like this in your community, would you have what it takes to "get rid of" him? I'm not sure that I would. On the other hand...

trose Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    The question I have though is, if there was an asshole like this in your community, would you have what it takes to "get rid of" him? I'm not sure that I would. On the other hand...
    I don't know. It would depend on if he was terrorizing me or my family and how.

I sure can't blame the folks of Skidmore for doing what they did, tho. He was bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by trose View Post
    I don't know. It would depend on if he was terrorizing me or my family and how.

I sure can't blame the folks of Skidmore for doing what they did, tho. He was bad news.
    I know what you mean. I'm really not in favour if anarchy, but this guy really was terrorizing people, and a danger to public safety. They did the right thing. I like to think that if I'd lived there, and it was my family and friends who were being victimized, that I would've been able to do the right thing. I'm really not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Skidmore has bad karma. A few years ago a 21-year-old woman was killed there and her 8-month-old baby was cut out of her. The baby lived, and the woman who did it was convicted.
    There was also another case of a young man who disappeared one day when he was going to get some tools I think from his shed. For a very small place, some odd things have happened there.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I think I remember seeing this story on A&E or something. This guy was a class A jerk! I'm not saying he deserved to die, but a good beating was due.
    I saw that. That guy got what he deserved! JMO

sunshine74137 Guest
    This was next door to my hometown.St Joseph where he is buried. Everyone knew who shot and no one cared. He was one true bad apple. Good riddance and the shooter, now a hero

Yes. I would have no problem pulling the trigger if someone was threatening my family, terrorizing my neighbors. That's just me, though.

sunshine74137 Guest
    No one even questioned it, He was so bad It was more a question of why had it not happened earlier

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    No one even questioned it, He was so bad It was more a question of why had it not happened earlier
    Hey, Sunshine - do you know who did it?!?!? That would be so cool. I thought i read somewhere that it was two or three people that shot the bastard.

26. 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM

sunshine74137 Guest
    Hey, Sunshine - do you know who did it?!?!? That would be so cool. I thought i read somewhere that it was two or three people that shot the bastard.
    HOLY CRAP, I just got in trouble. My mother made it clear I was not to mention it ever again to her or anyone else in our family!! She said people are still alive and the statute of limitations doesn't run out on murder. She said " you leave this alone" I do know A couple of family members that eluded that they knew, but they are dead. I guess this is still a subject not to be tampered with. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    HOLY CRAP, I just got in trouble. My mother made it clear I was not to mention it ever again to her or anyone else in our family!! She said people are still alive and the statute of limitations doesn't run out on murder. She said " you leave this alone" I do know A couple of family members that eluded that they knew, but they are dead. I guess this is still a subject not to be tampered with. Wow
    Good God, Sunshine - that is incredible! How often do we get to be this close to a real situation? Sorry if you're getting in shit from friends/family for asking for us. (thanks for doing it though)

tarsier Guest
    Great story Michi...I remember reading about this dickhead and seeing a doc about him. If anyone ever deserved a buckshot shower, it was him.

I probably would. I am not one to stand up for myself but I cannot abide a bully like this. Besides I am an excellant shot great eye-hand coordination.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I suppose I can say this because they are both dead. But I was in the room when my dad and uncle were discussing it, neither one used a name but both obviously knew who. Wish I'd paid more attention now.

This is an interview with the daugher of one of his victims, 25 years later.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...celroy/23.html

I saw a City Confidential about this on one of the cable channels. That guy was a piece of work.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is the only picture I have seen of him. Does anyone have any others? I just read about him burning down his 4th wife's parents house when they wouldn't give her permission to marry him because she was underage. What a great guy. I also read that he fathered 15 children. What a great addition to our gene pool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nelliebean Guest
    Sometimes it takes a brave soul to remove a piece of crap like this from the planet.

Anyone who causes this much damage to so many people needs to be thinned out of the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    There is a pic in the book of Ken Jr. At 14 or so he already had his dad's name tattooed on his arm. I would love to hear some updates about the kids.

He deserved it.
    Last year, I got curious and entered Juarez McElroy's name into Google. An entry came up from a Missouri community not far from Skidmore and surprise, surprise...the son was in court for domestic violence. It wasn't his first time.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

This is the only picture I have seen of him. Does anyone have any others? I just read about him burning down his 4th wife's parents house when they wouldn't give her permission to marry him because she was underage. What a great guy. I also read that he fathered 15 children. What a great addition to our gene pool!
    One section of the book stays with me, a part where Ken mentions wanting to purchase a ring of sausage. He wanted to see "how much she (the latest teen girlfriend/wife) could take" anally.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Yes. I would have no problem pulling the trigger if someone was threatening my family, terrorizing my neighbors. That's just me, though.

Me,..too.
    No..problem.

I just finished rereading the book In Broad Daylight. What a bastard.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

graciehillfarm Guest
    Last year there were two construction workers who were here repairing some storm damage to our house. During a conversation with them, I learned they had grown up in the Skidmore, MO, area, and they were very familiar with the McElroy story. They both said that everyone in the area was scared to death of him, that McElroy didn't like it if someone looked at his face, so they had to avoid eye contact if they ran across him in town; that he would set fire to people's barns and homes if he didn't like them, that he was well-known to have raped several girls from the town, but people were so afraid of him and intimidated by him (and his son) that he got away with everything until finally, someone took care of the situation. I asked them if they knew who did it, and they said they didn't think it was just one person.

Sometimes there just doesn't seem like much other choice.

Armcast Guest
    That man needed killin'...it was justifiable.

pattykad Guest
    I read In Broad Daylight years back. I remember a feeling of frustration
    and terror at the same time when I read it. Great book by the way.

pattykad Guest
    As, is his lawyer still alive?

At first, I said no- but then I read the link in the original post and it made me think of my son reaching into a mailbox with a rattlesnake in it, and of my little daughter and his possible taking a liking to her. I can honestly say I would have no hesitation if my children, or other children in the community were in danger.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

LadyCurry Guest
    I had never heard of this before....since I don't cuss- what a major butthole. It is so wild that the townspeople are still thinking about him. He must have had a powerful effect on the people! I would love to see an update on his many children/ wives! Yeeks! Thanks for sharing all of this!

45. 02-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Awhsiv View Post
    Aftermath

In 1984, attorney Richard McFadin filed a $5 million wrongful death civil lawsuit on behalf of Trena McElroy against Sheriff Estes, Mayor Peter and Del Clement.
    The defendants settled out of court for $17,600, with the county paying $12,600, Skidmore $2,000 and Clement $3,000. No one admitted guilt. They said the settlement was made to avoid costly legal fees should the suit go forward.
    In various interrogations, Del Clement reportedly has adamantly denied shooting McElroy. In 2001, he told the Kansas City Star, "After 20 years of it, it might be an anniversary for you, but it's not for me. Everything I ever said about it has been said before."
    Nonetheless, Clement's name is immortalized on the short list of alleged shooters in the case.

SKIDMORE, Mo. - Del F. Clement, 54, rural Skidmore, died Jan. 9, 2009, at the Fairfax Hospital.
    Mr. Clement was a livestock auctioneer.
    Mr. Clement died rather young. What happened?

Lout_Rampage Guest
    This is such a great story. I've always found it so interesting.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    At first, I said no- but then I read the link in the original post and it made me think of my son reaching into a mailbox with a rattlesnake in it, and of my little daughter and his possible taking a liking to her. I can honestly say I would have no hesitation if my children, or other children in the community were in danger.
    I couldn't kill someone for just being an asshole, but these people lived in fear of him. I say kudos to them for doing what the law couldn't or wouldn't. He is one person who truly had it coming.

BooMom Guest
    Honestly, he should have been taken out much sooner ! If I was his wife, with her backstory, I'd have thrown a party, happy that the worthless POS was dead !

50. 02-05-2009, 07:07 AM

His wife Trena, and his girlfriend. Strange. I couldn't be in the same photo with my husband's girlfriend. Unless it was a picture of me strangling her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Armcast Guest
    His wife Trena, and his girlfriend. Strange. I couldn't be in the same photo with my husband's girlfriend. Unless it was a picture of me strangling her.
    ...or burying her body...

The guy was a real piece of shit...seriously, imagine having that kind of control over his own wife (whom he raped at 12 f*****g years of age) to get her to somehow accept his mistress...

Burn in hell douchebag...

To bad Mo Sizlak wasnt the bartender or Ol Rex would need a wheelchair ramp the next time he visited.