Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Jones

Falange Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Yes, I also remember that he died in the house
    once owned by children's author A.A. Milne
    (Winnie the Pooh)
    AA Milne never lived there.

There may have been jealousy between Jagger and Jones but the biggest thing was Jones was getting way out of hand and not being a gainful member of the Stones and that is why they fired his butt.

I think Jones was murdered--there's an article about it on crimelibrary..com. IDK who did it, but I think his contractor is a good suspect. I doubt Jagger and Richards know anything that would prove he was murdered. And I do not believe they had anything to do with his death. What would be the profit? He was no longer a member of the band.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I often wondered if maybe Jagger was jealous of Jones because of the attention from the ladies and the audience that he (Jones) would receive? Could a possible motive be that the band's management were in support of promoting Jagger as more of the "ladies man" in place of Jones? Also the Stones and Jones were moving in different creative directions from what I understand. It would also be interesting to learn what the motive was for the contractor to murder him if there was one.

I forget the details, but I read on crimelibrary.com, but Jones fired him for not doing his job properly or some such and the guy got mad and killed Jones. There's more to it than that, but you can probably google it. I may do it myself later today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes, I also remember that he died in the house
    once owned by children's author A.A. Milne
    (Winnie the Pooh)
    It's such a cool house too. Milne's son Christopher mentions growing up in the house. Read that Milne lived in the house for at least 20 years.
    Cindy

Falange Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    It's such a cool house too. Milne's son Christopher mentions growing up in the house. Read that Milne lived in the house for at least 20 years.
    Sorry, no. That lie was debunked a looooooog time ago.

Found an interview with Brian's girlfriend Anna:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-lover-2030731
    Cindy

Surfer Joe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Falange View Post
    Sorry, no. That lie was debunked a looooooog time ago.
    Interesting- I had never heard it questioned. You seem familiar with the story, so I'm taking your word for it. It was even identified as such in a mid-nineties bio of Jones that I have. Is there any history as to how the misinformation got started? It's still circulating, I guess, as of this past May:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/9258085/The-rock-n-roll-house-at-Pooh-corner.html

(The story also contains a slight error in stating that Jones was found floating- I believe he was at the bottom of the pool).
    Last edited by Surfer Joe; 09-17-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer Joe View Post
    Interesting- I had never heard it questioned. You seem familiar with the story, so I'm taking your word for it. It was even identified as such in a mid-nineties bio of Jones that I have. Is there any history as to how the misinformation got started? It's still circulating, I guess, as of this past May:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/9258085/The-rock-n-roll-house-at-Pooh-corner.html

(The story also contains a slight error in stating that Jones was found floating- I believe he was at the bottom of the pool).

Every source that I have looked at claimed that Milne did live there (off and on from 1925 till his death), including his son Christopher. I have found nothing stating that he never did.
    Cindy

Surfer Joe Guest
    Me too, Buttercup- I'm really curious to see this sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lament View Post
    I often wondered if maybe Jagger was jealous of Jones because of the attention from the ladies and the audience that he (Jones) would receive? Could a possible motive be that the band's management were in support of promoting Jagger as more of the "ladies man" in place of Jones? Also the Stones and Jones were moving in different creative directions from what I understand. It would also be interesting to learn what the motive was for the contractor to murder him if there was one.
    Same here - not quite enough to create motive for murder, or a conspiracy theory, but simply an aggravating factor.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Falange Guest
    There doesn't need to be any conspiracy to kill a rock star. They tend to kill themselves

Tigon Man Guest
    Thorogood probably didn't mean to kill Brian Jones, why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?
    Maybe there was a fight, but it wouldn't have been much of a contest. Thorogood was a big hefty guy whilst Jones was small (Around 5'5) and slight. Add any beverage that Brian may have partaken in that evening and it wouldn't have taken much strength to overpower him and for things to get out of hand.

I think that this short vid is very telling about the sort of nasty bit o' business that Brian Jones was once he allowed his ego to overcome any common sense that he might have had...

Short clip featuring Charlie Watts', Keith Richards' and Mick Jagger's take on Brian

Seagorath Guest
    Saw the movie "Stoned" about Brian Jones. Loved it. He was most certainly murdered in that pool...according to the movie.

It was 45 years ago this year. RIP
    The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

There are two dates in time they will carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean, but what's more important is the time that is known, in that little dash there in between.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Apparently a very cruel individual, very self-centered and independent of the other Stones, if you read Keith Richards autobiography. On the other hand, Richards walked on Jones as well to a degree. One thing Keith Richards notes is, Brian Jones was very adept at learning instruments. For example, he decided to play sitar, as it appears on "Mother's Little Helper", and he simply sat down and mastered it within a few days. It appears there was some real jealousy within the group, some severe criticism between Jagger, Richards, & Jones. Jagger and Richards hit it off, whereas Jones just kept repulsing the others with his behaviors and values.
    It seems the death by drowning was inflicted by his contractor, abetted by his intake of alcohol and drugs. An exhumation might prove murder, but not who caused it.

simonmjones Guest

Brian Jones

Ok so I was having a look at cotchford farm home of Brian Jones on google maps and noticed that by the junction for the house if you move one or two frame the is a ghostly figure by the road, if somebody else could have a look, just to confirm this I would appreciate very much. Thank you

simonmjones Guest
    Hi iam new to forums but I just noticed an amazing image on google maps on cotchford lane where Brian lived its worth checking out a ghostly figure, any response much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by simonmjones View Post
    Hi iam new to forums but I just noticed an amazing image on google maps on cotchford lane where Brian lived its worth checking out a ghostly figure, any response much appreciated
    I moved your thread here. We keep everything under one topic. Please do a Search or an Advanced Search before creating a new forum.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

In a recent biography of Jones by Paul Trynka, Sympathy For The Devil I was surprised when the author concluded, after revisiting the evidence & interviewing some Stones insiders after this many years, that Jones died by accidental drowning and the Frank Thorogood deathbed confession to murder was cooked up by Jones's keeper Tom Keylock, who was sacked soon after for failing to look after Jones. Still bugs me that altho' Jones had bad asthma all his life, he was a legendary swimmer who always found his way back to shore, yet died in his own backyard mere feet from the poolside.

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

dead 50 years. a new doc about his death

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cumentary.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

I think the band would have even been bigger today if Brian had lived.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

I've seen a few docs about famous people that died and a great deal of them say Thorogood confessed on his deathbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    So true, sad fact Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones died
    in the pool of children's author A.A. Milne home.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

So true, sad fact Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones died
    in the pool of children's author A.A. Milne home.
    I'm pretty sure that Stan Laurel live there briefly too
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.