Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Jones

Brian Jones

l will always, always believe that Brian Jones was murdered. Autopsy showed he only had about one pint of beer in his system when he died, so he wasn't drunk and passed out. And the construction worker at his house apparently confessed on his death bed, but died before they could do anything official about it. l think more inquest should have been made into this. Anyone else?

It is widely accepted that the worker who confessed on his death bed did it, and I believe that the British police re-opened the case around that time. What became of it, I am not sure but this is now the official story. Except if you ask Keith Richards who amazingly still thinks it's an accident.

knothere Guest
    It would make a very surprising movie, but I doubt the other Stones want the bad pr. Mik did'nt even go to the funeral. Brian was definatly murdered, hmmm but why.

HippieMama Guest
    Something is really fishy about that story . . . someone out there knows the truth. Everyone who knew him said he was a strong swimmer, and with only that teeny amount of alcohol in him he wouldn't have just accidentally drowned. But of course, secret-keeping is something that famous bands are infamous for. Just too bad it had to happen to such a creative genius.

Quote Originally Posted by *ech* View Post
    Except if you ask Keith Richards who amazingly still thinks it's an accident.
    I think Keith's fallen out of one too many trees.

Snoopy Guest
    Hmm..this one always interested me..I always thought something was weird..but why would someone murder him..any thoughts? Maybe he was going to dig up some dirt ..who knows!

HippieMama Guest
    You never know who was on what drug that night, I know I heard something about an argument concerning construction going on . . . but the details were hazy. You never know who will go batty over what you say, maybe he just irritated someone. Most murders don't make sense.
    And I'm surprised Keith Richards doesn't just play the "my mind is so warped from all the drugs I don't remember anything" card.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    And I'm surprised Keith Richards doesn't just play the "my mind is so warped from all the drugs I don't remember anything" card.

He probably meant to, but it slipped his mind!!

HippieMama Guest
    LOL . . . good one

GODDESS6 Guest
    weren't the supposed to do a movie on his death?~

martyn Guest

Thumbs up Brian Jones Film / Movie

I have a DVD of STONED, the Brian Jones Brit-flick. I was asked for the DVD for Christmas by a friend who had already seen it. I bought one and opened it to watch first ( does'nt everybody ? ). I loved it so much I need to buy another copy.
    It did have very mixed rewiews. It contains very little guitar playing, but features music of the era in abundance, not just Rolling Stones. There is lots of nudity and drug abuse. The true story of a life spiralling out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    I think Keith's fallen out of one too many trees.
    ROTFL
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

stinkweed Guest

Too bad about Brian Jones

Why couldn't it have been one of the Monkees...

relander Guest
    Anybody seen his autopsy report?

candleinthewind Guest
    His wife said something about a dispute with a shady contractor who was working on their home and implied that the contractor drowned him when she went inside the house.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    His wife said something about a dispute with a shady contractor who was working on their home and implied that the contractor drowned him when she went inside the house.
    Brian wasn't married. this woman you refer to was his girlfriend Anna Wollen. and yes, Brian WAS murdered by contractor Frank Thorogood. Frank confessed on his death bed in '92, I believe it was. the movie Stoned is all about Brian's life and death. if the movie is correct, he WAS a little prick. but I don't think that's a good enough excuse for murder.

Didn't he leave behind a whole bunch of kids?

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Didn't he leave behind a whole bunch of kids?
    they say he had something like 5 illegitimate children. he loved the ladies.

cherryghost Guest
    It is said from Marianne Faithful, gorgous, cornflower blue eyes, amazing kindness apparent! She loved Brian Jones.
    Last edited by cherryghost; 11-09-2007 at 06:38 AM.

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    Brian wasn't married. this woman you refer to was his girlfriend Anna Wollen. and yes, Brian WAS murdered by contractor Frank Thorogood. Frank confessed on his death bed in '92, I believe it was. the movie Stoned is all about Brian's life and death. if the movie is correct, he WAS a little prick. but I don't think that's a good enough excuse for murder.
    [SIZE=3]I heard that as well.... that he was a prick (especially with the ladies). You're right though... no reason for him to be murdered. [/SIZE]

SlippyInvader Guest
    Yes he treated women badly and impregnated his girlfriend when he was only 16. His father kicked him out and that's when he moved down to London where he met Mick Jagger in a club and the rest is history. He was born in the town I live and is buried just a couple of miles up the road at Prestbury cemetery. I'll try and get some pics over the weekend and post them.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    My parents always used Brian Jonesâ?? death as a warning to me about the evils of drugs.
    â??He thought he could walk on water and the fool was cut off in his prime so stay away from drugs Etcâ? my mother used to say
    I suppose it worked, I have never participated â?? but itâ??s not because Poor old Brian was on my mind. But I was only 8 when he died.

Recently I told my 76 year old mum of the Murder rumours â?? the conversation went like this
    â??Whoâ??s Brian Jones?â? she said
    â??No mum, the Rolling Stones Brian Jones â?? Whoâ??s Keith moon!!â?
    â??I dunno any one called Keithâ? she replied
    It could have gone on and on a bit like an Abbott and Costello scene

Ahhh Well â?? she bakes excellent pies!!!

The Bill Wyman book about the Stones has a very honest and I thought loving, appraisal of Brian...a blues purist who really did not like the pop direction he thought the band went in...

leevancleef Guest
    He used to beat the sh*t out of Anita Pallenberg, who left him and then hooked up with Richards. Shes the mother of Richards son Marlon and daughter Angela (Dandelion). Brian never got over her, and tried to get her back even while she was pregnant with Richards' baby.

Keef and Anita- 1967

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Brian Jones...first rock star to dress like a pimp...that dude was stylin and the chicks loved that shit....he was the major creative force in the Stones during the first phase of their career...the band was once called "Brian Jones and the Rolling Stones."

BTW, look up the word "skank" and you'll find Anita Pallenberg's picture by it...she always looked like she smelled like stale pussy, cig breath and B.O.

leevancleef Guest
    Well, i think that Anita was a gorgeous woman back in the 60s. She was a very cultured woman, and many people said that she was a very interesting person. i was not trying to put Brian down with my post, i was only stating the truth. He had some mental issues, and was a very complex person but he was a VERY TALENTED musician, and his contributions to the Stones music are priceless.

[quote=stinkythejokedog;46199]he was the major creative force in the Stones during the first phase of their career...the band was once called "Brian Jones and the Rolling Stones."
    quote]

I love the stones music when he was still in the band! Paint it black is truely a classic!

Morbid1 Guest
    Brian was very talented,a sad loss for all.

Noelle Page Guest
    I wacthed that movie "Stoned" recently....I was looking forward to it, but.....very boring, sorry to say.

Brian and Anita

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I wacthed that movie "Stoned" recently....I was looking forward to it, but.....very boring, sorry to say.
    i watched it on a plane...got the shock of my life when i saw the male front nude! Thank god the grannie next to me didnt see it or she might have choked on her dentures!

Danny62 Guest
    Jimi Hendrix and Brian Jones were good Friends.

Brian introduced Hendrix at Monterey!!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Jimi Hendrix and Brian Jones were good Friends.

Brian introduced Hendrix at Monterey!!
    yep, they loved to talk about music.

By the way, Danny, the avatars are getting hotter and hotter ....the forum is burning!! HOT!!

Heres a cool song by Psychic TV about Brian Jones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yr8w_vZ5E
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Heres a cool song by Psychic TV about Brian Jones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yr8w_vZ5E
    That was very cool! Thanks for the post!

http://www.beatzenith.com/the_rolling_stones/bjones.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire..._feature.shtml

janel Guest
    Wow leevancleef in the photo you posted keith is beautiful.

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkweed View Post
    Why couldn't it have been one of the Monkees...
    GASP! Bite your tongue!

P.S. I thought "Stoned" was an after school special starring Scott Baio?? There were drugs in that one, too! Man, I gotta queue this Stoned.
    Last edited by motherogod; 03-14-2008 at 01:06 PM.

redkatrampant Guest
    Don't know how accurate or new this news is
    Has the riddle of Rolling Stone Brian Jones's death been solved at last?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lved-last.html

Old Soul Guest
    I am honestly shocked seeing theres only one page of replys to this thread!! The man was a musical genius! Yes he was a total trainwreck though, but most overburdened geniuses have issues. He could play any instrument he wanted, including the Sitar which often takes a LIFETIME to master. He was disgustingly talented, just couldn't write a song to save his carreer.

The movie STONED was interesting, but you know low budget and feels like a lot of the story is missing, but i gotta say i love that they used The White Stripes version of "Stop breaking down" mixed right in with the old blues version. Much like Jones Jack White is bringing back the Blues in a big big way, and is even on the cover of Rolling Stone with Mick and Kieth as passing down the blues to him. It gives me goosebumps seeing legacy happen right in front of me.

WriterDude Guest
    I'm told by a mutual friend that Howard Hesseman has (or had) a pool, and the tiles all around it under the coping commemorate various heroes of his.

The lone one in the deep end near the drain is Brian Jones'.

John Connor Guest
    I think there is little doubt he was murdered by the workman and there were witnesses to the crime. They didn't like his prissy, I'm-better-than-you act. He was a real asshole.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    I've actually heard that he could be very nice. The drugs messed him up

MoonRabbit Guest

Keith Richards 1967

Keith Richards today
    Makes me want to lay off Aspirin.

Can't figure out what'all is still holding Keith together.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Before reading this thread, all these years I thought Brian Jones
    died in that swimming pool due to taking drugs and drinking a lot of alcohol and that he died as a result of swimming in that condition.
    I had never heard any account that Brian may have been murdered.

Wow!

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    Neither can I.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    Zippers and eyeliner.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I think this is quite good (except for the sympathy for thorogood at the end):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qaKtAu8HA

Crimewatch footage from 1994 looking into the death of Brian Jones, featuring Frank Thorogood and Tom Keylock at Cotchford Farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grungegirl83 Guest
    I love Keith, his face reflects the life he's lived(and what a life!). I admire how he hasn't gone the way of botox

unihikid Guest
    i think keith is way past the botox stage....but i agree with you