Thread: Demond Wilson

Danny62 Guest

Demond Wilson

Lamont from "Sanford & Son". He had a heavy cocaine habit during the series. Became a minister in 1984 and has six kids and married to the same woman since 1974.

In 1994 he formed the restoration house of america that helps out former prison imates.

Re: Demond

Here is his wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demond_Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Lamont from "Sanford & Son". He had a heavy cocaine habit during the series. Became a minister in 1984 and has six kids and married to the same woman since 1974.

In 1994 he formed the restoration house of america that helps out former prison imates.

knothere Guest
    damn now i feel lasey lol

4. 10-27-2007, 03:40 AM

Danny62 Guest
    Demond Wilson, who had a reported cocaine problem and allegedly pulled a gun on executive producer Norman Lear in 1977 and chased him down the hall!

If you watch the last season of Sanford & Son Demonds always wearing sunglasses, now we know why!!

He also was asked to reprise his role in 1980 in the sitcom "Sanford" but refused!
    Last edited by Danny62; 10-27-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    damn now i feel lasey lol

Did you mean "lazy"?

Forever-27 Guest
    This guy pissed me off big time. When Red Fox died he was sent an invatation to the funeral and he refused to attend.

'lamont. you big dummy.....'
    pull the string!

dovescry1999 Guest
    I understand that they didn't get along. But, out of respect, he should have gone to Redd Foxx's funeral. If not for him, Demond would not be known.

Mach2 Guest
    Back in the late 70s early 80s when Larry King was just a late night radio host he said on his radio show that Demond Wilson was his toughest interview of all.

Danny62 Guest
    I am not really sure why Demond didn't attend Redd's funeral? I wonder if the dude who played Cal in "Sanford" attended?

I actually stumbled on this on IMBb. Someone attended Redd's funeral as a Child and wrote about it:

I can remember going with my father to the funeral of Redd foxx. I was 11 at the time and living in Las Vegas with my father. My father at the time was dating a woman who grew up with or around the Foxx family. That is how we were able to attend. I can still remember seeing alot of people around and seeing TONS of flowers from various famous people. I can still remember meeting his wife and how nice she was. I can remember seeing sympathy cards signed by Diana Ross, The Jackson family, Lorna Horn, Eddie Murphy, Chauka Chan(sp?), etc. I don't remember looking up and seeing the "adult face's" around me. I just remember that Redd was the first dead body I ever saw. For some reason when I went to the open casket to pay my respects to a man I knew nothing about, I remember seeing his face and how peaceful he looked, so I kissed him on his forehead.

So, morbidly enough, not only was this man the first deceased "celebrity" I saw...he turned out to the first one I touched as well.

Knowing what I know now, I'm such Redd would have loved to have used that as some joke material! As I grew older, I saw reruns and did some research on Redd. He was such a interesting man. I know he didn't make some of the best decisions in his life, but he always did have a big heart with good intentions.

Most of my friends, who are my age now, don't know of Redd Foxx. So when I tell this story, its often times the Parents who get a laugh out of it. I wish I could have seen him in one of his stand up shows, I'm sure it would have been an unforgetable experience!! But he Did leave me with a last memory, I shall never forget.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    I am not really sure why Demond didn't attend Redd's funeral? I wonder if the dude who played Cal in "Sanford" attended?

I actually stumbled on this on IMBb. Someone attended Redd's funeral as a Child and wrote about it:

I can remember going with my father to the funeral of Redd foxx. I was 11 at the time and living in Las Vegas with my father. My father at the time was dating a woman who grew up with or around the Foxx family. That is how we were able to attend. I can still remember seeing alot of people around and seeing TONS of flowers from various famous people. I can still remember meeting his wife and how nice she was. I can remember seeing sympathy cards signed by Diana Ross, The Jackson family, Lorna Horn, Eddie Murphy, Chauka Chan(sp?), etc. I don't remember looking up and seeing the "adult face's" around me. I just remember that Redd was the first dead body I ever saw. For some reason when I went to the open casket to pay my respects to a man I knew nothing about, I remember seeing his face and how peaceful he looked, so I kissed him on his forehead.

So, morbidly enough, not only was this man the first deceased "celebrity" I saw...he turned out to the first one I touched as well.

Knowing what I know now, I'm such Redd would have loved to have used that as some joke material! As I grew older, I saw reruns and did some research on Redd. He was such a interesting man. I know he didn't make some of the best decisions in his life, but he always did have a big heart with good intentions.

Most of my friends, who are my age now, don't know of Redd Foxx. So when I tell this story, its often times the Parents who get a laugh out of it. I wish I could have seen him in one of his stand up shows, I'm sure it would have been an unforgetable experience!! But he Did leave me with a last memory, I shall never forget.

Wonderful story. I really liked that. Young people don't understand, comedy didn't start with Eddie or Dave...
    Some of the best are gone, but I still have albums, and a turntable !

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    Wonderful story. I really liked that. Young people don't understand, comedy didn't start with Eddie or Dave...
    Some of the best are gone, but I still have albums, and a turntable !
    What a funeral to go to!!!! Yep I have 4 of his routines on Cassette I still listen to. I think they were done in 1970. He talks about it being 2am and the club is getting ready to close. I am sure its the club he owned where the recordings were made.

Vamp Guest
    I always liked Lamont! I watch Sandford and Son occasionally on TV Land. I am glad Desmond is living such a positive life! There are too few that care so much about others.

endsleigh03 Guest
    The long-suffering Lamont. I liked the show.

Cathy J. Guest
    Wilson also did a show back in the late 70s called "Baby I'm Back".
    Actually that show wasn't bad though it didn't last long.

Doesn't Scott Michaels refer to him on Red Foxx's page as "dreamy Demond Wilson"? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Morto Guest
    I have always felt if you did not care for someone personally in life it was hypocritical in the extreme to attend thier funeral,my personl thoughts only.After all we dont know the true nature of thier relationship and honestly respect should not be an issue if you just did not get along in life. I have seen too many people attend funerals out of how it would look to others.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto View Post
    I have always felt if you did not care for someone personally in life it was hypocritical in the extreme to attend thier funeral,my personl thoughts only.After all we dont know the true nature of thier relationship and honestly respect should not be an issue if you just did not get along in life. I have seen too many people attend funerals out of how it would look to others.
    Agreed.

I'm glad to hear that Demond is living a positive life, and trying to help others, and has a long lasting marriage.

The last I heard of him was in the 90's, when he was doing the "preacher circuit", saying "I had it all".

To which some NBC exec said, "he must have made some good investments...we didn't pay him that much".

Kudos to a guy on the right track in life.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I dunno but I am sooooooo jealous of DAN!!! You are the man...I LOVE RED FOXX! The best thing he ever did was make Harlem Nights. He was a comic genius, right up there with Carlin!!!

Danny62 Guest
    I wonder if Demond may have been upset because Redd left "Sanford & Son" to star in his own show?

jay Guest
    The book i read a few years ago on Redd Foxx said that him and Demond got along quite well and Demond considered Redd like a father.

**Jenna** Guest
    Now I have that theme stuck in my head

25. 07-14-2008, 10:24 PM

That book....

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    The book i read a few years ago on Redd Foxx said that him and Demond got along quite well and Demond considered Redd like a father.
    What is the title?

jay Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman0072 View Post
    What is the title?

I can't remember i think it was called The Life And Times of Redd Foxx

Sampiro Guest
    Demond Wilson pretty much retired from acting about 25 years ago but resurfaced in a recurring role as the biological father of Lynn on Girlfriends (4 appearances to date). It was interesting seeing him. He still has his comic timing, sounds the same, and other than having a bit more belly and a bit less hair (just like the rest of us) looks the same. No idea why he came back for that role (kids in college?) but it was good to see him again.

I was surprised when one of his first lines (in being surprised in his kitchen by his daughter's character) is "OH SWEET JESUS!" (as shock, not religious) considering that he's become a minister and speaks against Hollywood now. Eh... I guess he's not as over the top as Kirk Cameron at least (who's been married 20 years and has 5 kids but is probably still a virgin- words cannot express how much I detest Kirk Cameron, incidentally- goes way beyond any religious differences we have).

There was an episode of CLEAN HOUSE in which the family was named Wilson, they lived in LA, and the husband looked just like a young Lamont (updated for the 90s in hairstyle and wardrobe, but otherwise). While I know Wilson is one of the most common names in America, I did wonder if it's his son because I actually thought it was an outdoor shot episode of SANFORD AND SON when flipping channels.

I found this on IMdb.....

He looks pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sampiro View Post
    and other than having a bit more belly and a bit less hair (just like the rest of us) looks the same.
    I seem to be aging in reverse.

*Looks down, looks up*

Nevermind.

I always liked Demond in Sanford and Son; and as I said before; I am glad that he seems to be living a positive life.

As for the guy who played "Rollo"; Lamont's friend...I hear he has had a bit of trouble in his life.

Sampiro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    As for the guy who played "Rollo"; Lamont's friend...I hear he has had a bit of trouble in his life.
    I remember a long time ago (probably 20 years or more) it was announced he was arrested for- ironically- burglary. No idea how it came out.

32. 12-23-2017, 04:38 AM