Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Emmys

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    You oughta check out the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake he did in the 90's. That one will have you roflyao! Not Emmy worthy but a shitload of fun
    haha Loved that movie. Robot legs rotfl Just ridiculous... in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    I'm thrilled that Don Rickles won.
    I'm happy he is still alive.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about awards shows? Probably. LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I was looking over this year's list of Emmy nominees, and it's actually decent. Trying to decide who the winners will be tomorrow night isn't as easy as it usually is for me. Unless they go the heartstring route, which I hate.
    That's because I don't think going that way takes into account the reasons why people and shows are nominated in the first place.

Wanna go the heartstrings route because someone died or has been nominated 1000 times but never won? That's what the posthumous and lifetime achievement awards are for.

This list is pretty damned good no nominations for The Boys notwithstanding. What do you guys think? Are your favorites on the list, missing, or was a show cancelled that you think should be on the list:

https://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2020

In light of all that has gone on this year I don't think to many people care about celebrities and awards.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Don't watch them anymore, too much virtue signaling, now meant for the nationwide blood-intoxicated mobs, meaning, of course, "Please, let me keep my career, don't dox me, hurt my family and burn my house down." Flattering Marxists has now led to where it's too dangerous for another Ricky Gervaise to share his honest thoughts. Should they get government control, temporary bans mean "re-education camps", and permanent bans, disappearings.

It's been a pretty fun innovative show this year. That's hard to find right now. Self-glorification is frowned upon to the point that it was lampooned right off the bat.

I'm glad one of my favorites, Schitt's Creek, has swept the nominations so far.

I don't have a set. I watch Grey's Anatomy on Hulu. It wasn't on the list or I somehow missed it. I really don't have time to be watching anything. Lol. But I love Grey's too much to miss an episode.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's how I feel about The Boys and its weekly post-show rewind. I found out it wasn't nominated because it's too new. As for Grey's, I didn't see anything about it or any of its stars onscreen. I do remember that it was originally a network show when it started. ABC maybe. If the seasons on Hulu are reruns, they wouldn't be elligible because shows have to be in their original run to be nominated. Yes, I'm an entertainment nerd and have watched awards shows since I was a kid. Ergo, I know the rules semi well.

It's still a network show, airing on Thursday night, then it appears on Hulu sometime afterward. I used to wait a year to watch it on Netflix, now all I just wait a matter of hours for the weekly show.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's cool. I watched the first episode when it originally aired on network TV, and never saw another episode. That seems like a long time ago even though I remember the episode and it's big oops moment very well. Beyond that, I have no idea how many seasons it's been on, etc. I do know about the McDreamy/McDipstick and Rebecca Gayhart (sp?) lame three-way tape that was out there some years back thanks to a thread about it here somewhere. That was shortly after her vehicular manslaughter debacle. I only know about him because he was everywhere while on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    In light of all that has gone on this year I don't think to many people care about celebrities and awards.
    So very true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.