Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Emmys

Mrs. James Dean Guest

The Emmys

Anyone watching?

WTF happened to Oprah she's big again.

Cataroo Guest
    Compared to last year's show ... this was one big giant yawn-fest!!

Desertrose Guest
    Very boring so far - Josh Grobin is "singing" right now. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Anyone watching?

There needs to be an official Oprah thread, if there isn't already one. She looks awful. I started to notice last year these horrid bags developing under her eyes and her eyes always look watery. And she's gotten heavy again.

Oh, and to answer the original question ...nope, not watching
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

leeny994 Guest
    i was pleased that John Adams--especially Paul Giamatti won--he did an amazing job.

also loved they all had bad teeth in the movie lol very real

crazedfemale Guest
    I saw many scenes where it looked like the TV Land Awards. Surviving cast members from really old shows trying to re-live the moments from years past. This was fun the first few years on TV Land, now it's becoming a parody of itself. Why did they do this to the Emmy's?

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    Very boring so far - Josh Grobin is "singing" right now. Why?
    I hate Josh Grobin! Annoys me like no other. I agree this show is a snoozefest!

Giada Guest
    I had it on as background noise ....

Oprah ...who is Oprah? I don't think I've seen it in three years. Ratings were down in May. I hope Dr. Phil the Magnficent is just as fortunate

Mad Men ....worth viewing this season.

any pics of oprah??
    pull the string!

crazedfemale Guest

Here's a photo from Getty Images, I don't think she looks bad; she has gained some weight though...she will probably struggle with her weight for the rest of her life. I'm not a big fan of hers; but it seems everything she touches turns to gold.

Snudgie Guest
    Ugh...Oprah does my head in.....and what gas do they pump into the studio on her show...to make the audience go so mental...honestly it's frightening!

Topic!...Yay for Cynthia Nixon...she's fab.....and I hope Ricky Gervais hasn't upset anyone...if you want to send him back it's fine...I miss him!
    Last edited by Snudgie; 09-22-2008 at 04:54 AM.

Snoopy Guest
    Didn't watch and yeah Oprah needs to disappear...she has always gone up and down in weight like a yoyo.

FannyB1923 Guest
    If Obama wins the election we'll never see the end of Barbra Streisand or Oprah. I wish they'd both take their money and buy an island someplace.

Well I didn't get to see the Emmy's and now I guess it's just as well.
    Congrats to Jeremy Piven though. I love Entourage!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    These Emmy's where the worst Emmy's ever. The hosts sucked majorly. It was boring and it dragged on. I stopped watching them an hour into it.

Oprah does need to disappear and she looks bigger than usual though. All this crap she talks about exercising et et and look at her. Shame.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Anyone watching?

Obama must be feeding her well. Maybe Obama's decided he likes women with a little more "meat on their bones"?
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Can't stand Oprah fat or thin. Lots of political crap too-- *yawn*.

I thought Josh Grobin's bit was the funniest, most entertaining part of the show. He has an INSANE wicked good voice, love him.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    The rags are saying that Oprah went on some starvation/fad diet for a month and dropped a bunch of weight, but when she got out, she went to Italy for vacation and ate and drank non-stop and is now fatter than ever.

Can't she pay someone to cook healthy shit for her and hire a trainer to kick her ass every day? If you run 8 miles in the morning, you can eat 6000 calories later that day and not gain weight, hasn't she figured this out?

Bidmor Guest
    Don Rickles won an Emmy? Wow. I didn't see it but that had to have been one of great Emmy moments of all time, provided someone pointed him toward the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    The rags are saying that Oprah went on some starvation/fad diet for a month and dropped a bunch of weight, but when she got out, she went to Italy for vacation and ate and drank non-stop and is now fatter than ever.

Can't she pay someone to cook healthy shit for her and hire a trainer to kick her ass every day? If you run 8 miles in the morning, you can eat 6000 calories later that day and not gain weight, hasn't she figured this out?
    I think she did have a healthy food chef. I don't know about a trainer. But none of that matters unless you work it. I'm not sure she could run 8 miles per day. Didn't she have some problem with her knees or something years ago?

At any rate, she needs to do what I do. Practice some fucking control. I do not starve, nor do I deny. I eat anything I want in small portions, and I do free weights. I've lost 70 pounds since mid December.

I watched about 5 minutes of the Emmys. The hosts looked depressed. I flipped the channel and caught an epi of The Cleaner. Wow!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

crazedfemale Guest
    What I think is so funny is that I got an e-mail from that guy that I know whose daughter is married to Patrick Dempsey. I commented how lovely his daughter was at the Emmy's - he said he didn't watch it; he watched the Cowboy game!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Can't stand Oprah fat or thin. Lots of political crap too-- *yawn*.

I thought Josh Grobin's bit was the funniest, most entertaining part of the show. He has an INSANE wicked good voice, love him.
    We just have so much in common

BTW, if you hit pause and squint, you can see me in the audience of his live Greek performance from 4 years ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

23. 09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
    Reason
    bad link

FannyB1923 Guest
    We definitely need an Oprah bashing thread.

She has been wearing the most unattractive, matronly clothes in public lately. So she's not a size 12 these days, I'm sure there are designers who would love to work with her and come up with clothes for women of size. Then again, this might be what she's picking out to wear! Like she's going through an Ava Gardner period. But big collars, big hair and full skirts on a big woman? Nah, think tailored!
    I'd like to see her wear her hair a bit shorter and straighter. I'm short and wide and I've found I always look better when I put a jacket over my big chest!

Martini Guest
    Oprah's the devil!!!

Was anyone else embarrased watching the Laugh-In sequence? Did Alan Sues even know where he was? Very sad!

Overtaxed Guest
    Dod Oprah look in a mirror? Certainly some designer offered her something more flattering to wear. Then again, desisgners don't make anything over a size 2.

onekindsistah Guest
    All I want to say is Bryan Cranston winning best actor in a drama for Breaking Bad is AWESOME!!! If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    What I think is so funny is that I got an e-mail from that guy that I know whose daughter is married to Patrick Dempsey. I commented how lovely his daughter was at the Emmy's - he said he didn't watch it; he watched the Cowboy game!

LOL....So Mcdreamy's father-in-law watched the football instead?!?

That's too funny!

I feel kind of bad for the hosts of the show because if you
    read anything about Award Shows they say being the host
    is a thankless job.
    That people seem to love and criticize about.

Desertrose Guest
    That was the worst Emmy show ever. Yes, I was so embarrassed with the Laugh In stuff I actually muted the t.v. That show shouldn't be 3 hours - 2 at the most - horrible show.

onekindsistah Guest
    The show itself was pretty awful.

crazedfemale Guest
    Yes, Ron (that's McDreamy's father-in-law) told me that...he usually gets the photos e-mailed to him by his daughters, who work with Jill in her cosmetic business. I'll see Ron this weekend, his band will be doing a benefit in town for Oktoberfest. Ron's a great guy, he still wears his lederhosen at 70 and looks good in them! Here's a photo of Ron, fishing at McDreamy's lakeside home in Texas.

ajlposh Guest
    I'm thrilled that Don Rickles won.

seamuskaxen Guest
    I love award shows, but this year the Emmy´s really sucked.

Anyone else watching? They're actually pretty good this year.

JacksTiger Guest
    I thought they were boring. They tried to cut every winner's speech with the music before they had a chance to finish (this can be either good or bad) yet had loooooooooong musical numbers. I'm glad Breaking Bad and Anna Gunn finally won. Really well deserved.

37. 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM
    Reason
    dupe

Pretty good show so far this year. Anyone else watching?

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I am. They just made some kind of mistake. They got nominations and a commercial break mixed up or something.

Finally Fargo won something.

Ok no offense to anyone but I'm sick of Brits being in every flippin american show and movie. They just gave nominations for best actor in a miniseries/movie. One American. Billy Bob. He lost. Some shit brit that played sherlock holmes in some movie no one fucking saw. bleh!

Jessica Lange isn't nearly as high as usual. How disappointing.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 08-25-2014 at 06:27 PM.

just able to switch it on now. did they do a memorial to Robin Williams yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nope Finnegan, but Fargo just won best miniseries

endsleigh03 Guest
    Damnit, True Detective was up with Mconaughey and Harrelson against each other. Did they do that yet?

No Endsleigh

endsleigh03 Guest
    MM was so, so good in True Detective.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Nope Finnegan, but Fargo just won best miniseries
    ok thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just tuned in a few minutes ago, mostly for the upcoming Robin Williams tribute. He was so loved by everyone- there won't be a dry eye in the audience or in any person watching from home. I'm sure it's going to be very loving and very moving. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

endsleigh03 Guest
    MM and WH are going to get creamed by BC, Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Just tuned in a few minutes ago, mostly for the upcoming Robin Williams tribute. He was so loved by everyone- there won't be a dry eye in the audience or in any person watching from home. I'm sure it's going to be very loving and very moving. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    just able to switch it on now. did they do a memorial to Robin Williams yet?
    Yep. Billy Crystal did it. It was pretty great. Youtube may already have the clip up. Just great.

Oh and ends, there was aome pricelss MM stuff at the beginning. Not sure if he won anything though. I was making dinner when they did his category I think because I never saw it announced.

endsleigh03 Guest
    They lost lead to Bryan Cranston, no surprise.

Ahhh, MM. Never paid any much attention until True Detective, then instant luv-n-lust.

Right after that somebody told me to watch Joe Miller.

Can we talk chicken drumsticks?

That convinced me MM must be stellar in the sack lol. It was so dead-on (altho a violent scene)

No surprise it was a Breaking Bad swan song. I'm pissed about Modern Family. But that's been the case for years. Louie and several other shows are clearly better but they're Frasiering it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    They lost lead to Bryan Cranston, no surprise.

Ahhh, MM. Never paid any much attention until True Detective, then instant luv-n-lust.

Right after that somebody told me to watch Joe Miller.

Can we talk chicken drumsticks?

That convinced me MM must be stellar in the sack lol. It was so dead-on (altho a violent scene)
    You oughta check out the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake he did in the 90's. That one will have you roflyao! Not Emmy worthy but a shitload of fun

Yes it is SomeChick.. Leatherface is ridiculous in that.