Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signs from the Deceased

attackatdawn Guest

Do you ever wish you have some contact with a deceased person beyond the grave?

Do you ever wish you could speak or get some contact from a loved one from beyond the grave? Ok so I don't believe in Syliva Brown but I often wonder if it is possible for some people to have this ability, hopefully there is life after death. Would it scare or freak you out if you could? Sometimes I wish my late parents would let me know if they are alright but on the other hand I would rather them come to me in sleeping dreams than appear as a ghost. I have had dreams about them so I often wonder if they are trying to let me know they are alright or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

I wish my grandmother (my Mom's Mom) were still alive. I would like to know what happened to my Mom that made her so angry at life. Was she abused, was there a specific incident that made my Mom so bitter? Was she mean and violent as a child? Alas, I will never know.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Snoopy Guest
    attack no it's npt wishful thinking..I truly believe they are more able to come to us in dreams because our defenses are down and we are more open..my dad has come to me in dreams a few times and my father-in-law once..unfortunately my mom hasn't..yet..but I'm still hoping..she did come to my nephew right after she passed..and told him she missed and loved us all..it was the first night he slept back in his room after she died..unfortunately she was ill and living there and that's the room she passed away in..funny he's the only one she's come to.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Alas, I will never know.
    I'd say that you will know at some point. You just don't know when you'll know.

(Yes, I find that just as irritating as you do.)

Someone pointed out that it's actually quite easy to solve the mystery of death: just step in front of a bus and....no more mystery. Luckily for the sake of bus drivers, most people consider that too high a price to solve the mystery.

In my own case, yesterday was the one year anniversary of my mom's death. And if someone told me that I could talk to her (and my dad, too) for 10 minutes, but I'd have to lose a limb, my only question would be "Which limb would you like to take?"

Meanwhile, we're all stuck down here and have to tough it out. Which I guess is where that "faith" thing comes in.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I think we have have the ability to some extent or another.....we are all sometimes blind, to what is right in front of us

Bake Guest
    I had an aunt visit me once. It was a year after she passed. At the time I was facing surgery and not knowing what my outcome was going to be, we didn't know ahead of time what "the mass" was.
    My aunt came to me one night and I woke up and she stood at the foot of my bed, she was even wearing the dress they buried her in, although she "floated" there, and there was light all around her. She came with a simple statement, she was alright and happy where she was and she was sent to let me know that everything was going to be alright, there was nothing to worry about. I told her ok and I love you and she was gone.
    This was 12 years ago. Her message was correct. I had a peace about my surgery. Even when they told me afterwards that they removed a cancerous 6 lb tumor that was attached to my left ovary and we wouldn't know for a few days if any further treatment was needed....I KNEW things were going to be ok. My Aunt told me.
    Things were ok. I didn't need anything further, no chemo, no radiation. I was very blessed.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    me and some friends tried to contact a friend who died of cancer. i was going thru a relaly rough time, and actually considered suicide. well, we tried the ouija board, pshycic shit, and nothing worked. one day i was at my wits end, and figured what the hell, i wasnt worth the air i breathed. so i went for a walk and i swear to god, in the wind i heard my friend say "chill kris". now u got to understand, this guy didnt ask for his wife and kid when he died, he asked for me. i was off playing baseball in iowa at the ime, so i wasnt able to make it home in time, but his last words were "where is kris?". his wife said that he had something to tell me, and this has haunted me for a long time. i guess thats why i have always flirted with disaster, but since i heard him, i havent ever considered suicide again.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    me and some friends tried to contact a friend who died of cancer. i was going thru a relaly rough time, and actually considered suicide. well, we tried the ouija board, pshycic shit, and nothing worked. one day i was at my wits end, and figured what the hell, i wasnt worth the air i breathed. so i went for a walk and i swear to god, in the wind i heard my friend say "chill kris". now u got to understand, this guy didnt ask for his wife and kid when he died, he asked for me. i was off playing baseball in iowa at the ime, so i wasnt able to make it home in time, but his last words were "where is kris?". his wife said that he had something to tell me, and this has haunted me for a long time. i guess thats why i have always flirted with disaster, but since i heard him, i havent ever considered suicide again.
    It comforting to know they are really watching over us.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I felt as if my dad's spirit was looking out for me when I had my open-heart surguries, especially the 2nd one, since my surgeon had not put me at ease beforehand...he was just being realistic & it was what I wanted to hear....but it was scary.

I also posted about seeing the aparition of my dad a while back in a thread about ghostly encounters.

Gardner32 Guest
    I think they come to you in dreams also. I have had many dreams with loved ones, and in the dream, I always realize that they are dead. But it is always a nice dream.

firegilnotguns Guest
    I wish I could talk to my mother-in-law, I miss her and I think my father-in-law could use some good advice from her (whether he thinks so or not.)

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I think we have have the ability to some extent or another.....we are all sometimes blind, to what is right in front of us

I agree with this totally! I also think that sometimes the thing we want the most at times can be the most illusive.

Guest Guest
    I would love to talk to my dad again, Just to tell him I love him and missed him.

I♥TinyTim Guest

Signs from the Deceased

I've posted my story twice now in two different threads, and I will not post it again. I feel like this topic deserves a thread of its own; I've done a search and nothing came up.

So... Who here has received a SIGN from a deceased loved one, or the deceased famous? Signs are different than phones ringing, and different from apparitions appearing, etc. A sign is a symbol that you know, without a doubt would be a sign from none other than THEM...

I also found this site: thesignregistry.com which I think is really cool.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I too have posted my stories in 2 different threads and I don't want to re type them again but yes I've had phones ringing, doors opening and closing and all the rest. I believe they do give us signs.

am very interested in reading your stories... where can I find them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    But I mean like if your aunt Sally loved roses, and all of the sudden you smell roses, you know it's her. Or if you smell cigar smoke and shaving cream you know it's your dad. Or if your sister loved butterflies and you see one fluttering by, you know it's her. These are the kinds of signs I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    I've posted my story twice now in two different threads, and I will not post it again. I feel like this topic deserves a thread of its own; I've done a search and nothing came up.

So... Who here has received a SIGN from a deceased loved one, or the deceased famous? Signs are different than phones ringing, and different from apparitions appearing, etc. A sign is a symbol that you know, without a doubt would be a sign from none other than THEM...

I also found this site: thesignregistry.com which I think is really cool.

I haven't had any "signs" but I have had visitations both in dreams and while I was awake. Since your thread is about signs i guess I'll just enjoy reading about everybodys experiences. I wish i could have signs, but I have not. I hope posters will respond to this thread. I love topics like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mandee1005 Guest
    right after my brother died, Chris Daughtry's "Home" was made to be his song. Everything it says is him. I've always felt that when that song comes on, its him saying "hi." While on vacation, we heard that song 3 times in the matter of 30 minutes. I felt like he was telling me to be careful. Well, I started feeling sick when we took our day trip that day. I checked my sugar and it was 310! We took off to the cabin we stayed at so I could take my meds. I feel like it was him watching out for me.

Another incident involved my mom. The week my brother died, she kept telling me that her mom and dad (both deceased) kept telling her to get ready. She didn't know what it was they were telling her to get ready for. She even went to the dr because it was driving her nuts. The dr just shrugged it off and gave her some meds. Well, that saturday night is when my brother died. That freaked me and the dr out when she went back to see him..

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Mine or Beetle's? Mine are in the "Ghosts, Poltergiests, etc." topic page 13, and also in the "Phones Ringing" topic in the "Other Deaths in the News" category.
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-19-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Correcting my dyslexia

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    right after my brother died, Chris Daughtry's "Home" was made to be his song. Everything it says is him. I've always felt that when that song comes on, its him saying "hi." While on vacation, we heard that song 3 times in the matter of 30 minutes. I felt like he was telling me to be careful. Well, I started feeling sick when we took our day trip that day. I checked my sugar and it was 310! We took off to the cabin we stayed at so I could take my meds. I feel like it was him watching out for me.

Another incident involved my mom. The week my brother died, she kept telling me that her mom and dad (both deceased) kept telling her to get ready. She didn't know what it was they were telling her to get ready for. She even went to the dr because it was driving her nuts. The dr just shrugged it off and gave her some meds. Well, that saturday night is when my brother died. That freaked me and the dr out when she went back to see him..

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! keep on sharing, peeps!

♥♥Ok, Ok, I'll share some of mine, but briefly...lol♥♥

Anything to do with 7 of anything = God is trying to tell me something

Tulips/ukeleles/white = Tiny Tim

Shaving cream/ashtray smell = my dad

Roses = my great grandma
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-19-2008 at 04:51 PM.

I've written mine elsewhere, too. I communicate with my spirits all the time. My mother was the first to come to me. She would drop pennies all over the house and send birds. My grandfather sends me warm fuzzies exactly when I need them. In fact, he's here now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I've written mine elsewhere, too. I communicate with my spirits all the time. My mother was the first to come to me. She would drop pennies all over the house and send birds. My grandfather sends me warm fuzzies exactly when I need them. In fact, he's here now.
    Pennies and birds? Interesting. How come?

Cettie Guest
    In the basement of my late dad's house I was clearing some of his stuff and a can of WD-40 jumped off the shelf and spun around on the floor. I said "Ok Dad, I know it's you" and the can rolled away. I'm a medium and still nearly shit.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    O.K...I have dreams about my Mom all the time but this one always sticks out in my mind...I dreamed one night that my Mom and I were sitting on her porch and there was a Beagle...It walked across her yard and she looked at me and said, "I would love to have a puppy like that"...End of dream...The next day I was driving over to my Father in Laws house to give him his insulin for the morning and down this LONG winding road to his house where there are NO other houses, standing in the middle of the road was a little Beagle...I hit the brakes and looked at the dog for a minute...I remembered the dream...I got outta my car and stood about four feet away from the dog and I said, "Hey baby...Where do you live?" He looked at me sideways and then he looked up into the sky and then back at me...I tried to walk closer to him and he ran off like a bullet...My Mom was never a dog person and I don't know if this was just coincidence or what but I will never forget it...O.K...I'm gonna go take my crazy pills now...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Hey Ann
    I've posted stories so far in ghosts, poltergiests,etc and I posted one story in phone calls from the dead

beatlebaby4 Guest
    actually Ann, there are a few stories in ghosts, etc..., I think you have to go back a few pages and read from there.

The day my Dad died, my mother, daughter and I were sitting on the front porch. A hummingbird came right by us and circled us several times. I have NEVER seen a hummingbird in my front yard, always in the back by our gladiolas. Just a few days before he died Dad said to Mom that it was odd, he hadn't seen a hummingbird this summer. (he loved them) That was the first and only one we've seen this year. That was Dad. No doubt in our minds. Mom looked up and said "there's your Dad".

Also that night, I had a dream. We didn't know why he had passed away, we requested a full autopsy that day. In my dream, I was told it was respiratory failure. I woke up the next morning and told the family it was respiratory failure, even told the heart doctor when he called to talk to me because he was so shocked. I don't remember the dream or anything about it, I just know I woke up and knew it was respirator failure. And guess what the autopsy showed. I have a few more I'll share a bit later.

Sphr798 Guest
    On the night my Mother died, my son had an appendicitis attack only we didn't know that's what it was. After having left the hospital from Mom, Hubby took son to the hospital. After many hours of tests that were inconclusive, a surgeon came in the room and said "we're going in" and they did. Inside they found he had a "hidden" appendix and it was about to burst. He was saved. The following evening, I woke up in the middle of the night (even though I was thoroughly exhausted) and looked at Hubby and said, "My Mom met your Mom (his Mom had been dead for 10 years) and told her that she had a wonderful Son. Your Mom said, I know, I wish I would have realized that while I was alive." The following morning was my Mom's funeral. When I arrived my cousin pulled me aside and said "I dreamt that my Dad and your Mom were playing tennis together, they were running around and laughing and having a great time". My cousin's Father had MD as did my Mom so there had never been any physical activity between them and my cousin had never dreamt of her Father before (he had been dead for 18 years). I take the above as Mom left to look after Son, when that was over, she met Hubby's Mom and after that she and her Brother let my cousin know that they are together and fine, all their earthly maladies are gone.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    O.K...I have dreams about my Mom all the time but this one always sticks out in my mind...I dreamed one night that my Mom and I were sitting on her porch and there was a Beagle...It walked across her yard and she looked at me and said, "I would love to have a puppy like that"...End of dream...The next day I was driving over to my Father in Laws house to give him his insulin for the morning and down this LONG winding road to his house where there are NO other houses, standing in the middle of the road was a little Beagle...I hit the brakes and looked at the dog for a minute...I remembered the dream...I got outta my car and stood about four feet away from the dog and I said, "Hey baby...Where do you live?" He looked at me sideways and then he looked up into the sky and then back at me...I tried to walk closer to him and he ran off like a bullet...My Mom was never a dog person and I don't know if this was just coincidence or what but I will never forget it...O.K...I'm gonna go take my crazy pills now...
    Crazy pills, my foot! That's really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    On the night my Mother died, my son had an appendicitis attack only we didn't know that's what it was. After having left the hospital from Mom, Hubby took son to the hospital. After many hours of tests that were inconclusive, a surgeon came in the room and said "we're going in" and they did. Inside they found he had a "hidden" appendix and it was about to burst. He was saved. The following evening, I woke up in the middle of the night (even though I was thoroughly exhausted) and looked at Hubby and said, "My Mom met your Mom (his Mom had been dead for 10 years) and told her that she had a wonderful Son. Your Mom said, I know, I wish I would have realized that while I was alive." The following morning was my Mom's funeral. When I arrived my cousin pulled me aside and said "I dreamt that my Dad and your Mom were playing tennis together, they were running around and laughing and having a great time". My cousin's Father had MD as did my Mom so there had never been any physical activity between them and my cousin had never dreamt of her Father before (he had been dead for 18 years). I take the above as Mom left to look after Son, when that was over, she met Hubby's Mom and after that she and her Brother let my cousin know that they are together and fine, all their earthly maladies are gone.

WOW! Awesome! That's just really wild...

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    The day my Dad died, my mother, daughter and I were sitting on the front porch. A hummingbird came right by us and circled us several times. I have NEVER seen a hummingbird in my front yard, always in the back by our gladiolas. Just a few days before he died Dad said to Mom that it was odd, he hadn't seen a hummingbird this summer. (he loved them) That was the first and only one we've seen this year. That was Dad. No doubt in our minds. Mom looked up and said "there's your Dad".

Also that night, I had a dream. We didn't know why he had passed away, we requested a full autopsy that day. In my dream, I was told it was respiratory failure. I woke up the next morning and told the family it was respiratory failure, even told the heart doctor when he called to talk to me because he was so shocked. I don't remember the dream or anything about it, I just know I woke up and knew it was respirator failure. And guess what the autopsy showed. I have a few more I'll share a bit later.
    All I can say is, "WHOA!"
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-19-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Snoopy Guest
    I tend to find pennies...and have had visitation dreams...in fact I found a penny right near Bonnie's dog food yesterday...I took it to mean that Bonnie was being watched over..at least I had that strong feeling. The penny wasn't there before it just showed up.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    I've heard about people finding pennies before... I wonder what the significance is with pennies. I find those too, sometimes, but that doesn't happen as often as the other signs I get.

Snoopy Guest
    Yeah I have no idea about pennies either just that it means that youre being thought of or a loved one wants to get your attention..For a while last year I would find them all over even on top of my TV remote once! And always when I was on the phone with my sister I would find one! I finally picked one up that I had found and said out loud.."Ok I know your here I hear you" and it became less frequent after that.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Yeah I have no idea about pennies either just that it means that youre being thought of or a loved one wants to get your attention..For a while last year I would find them all over even on top of my TV remote once! And always when I was on the phone with my sister I would find one! I finally picked one up that I had found and said out loud.."Ok I know your here I hear you" and it became less frequent after that.
    I love Google. Apparently, the phenomenon is called "Pennies from Heaven." Here's a link on it: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...180217216.html

katspjs Guest
    I do believe that those we have loved let us know they are ok. Loved my grandmother, we were so connected. She always called me her early b'day present as I was born 4 days before her December b'day. Years later, I had my daughter on the 4th of December. I had always planned to name my daughter for grandma but it was even more fitting when she was born. Maybe the "4" thing is a stretch, but Nan always made such a big deal about me being 4 days early for her b'day.

Also, my dad passed away and the song he danced with me to at my wedding was "Gloria" (his nickname for me). That was the first song I heard on the radio at their house right after his passed was that one. Weird is that the singer died the same way my dad did.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katspjs View Post
    I do believe that those we have loved let us know they are ok. Loved my grandmother, we were so connected. She always called me her early b'day present as I was born 4 days before her December b'day. Years later, I had my daughter on the 4th of December. I had always planned to name my daughter for grandma but it was even more fitting when she was born. Maybe the "4" thing is a stretch, but Nan always made such a big deal about me being 4 days early for her b'day.

Also, my dad passed away and the song he danced with me to at my wedding was "Gloria" (his nickname for me). That was the first song I heard on the radio at their house right after his passed was that one. Weird is that the singer died the same way my dad did.
    I don't think the "4" thing is stretching it. I can relate to that, and your song anecdote.

PS: I just wanted to take the time to say I'm sorry for everyone's losses. I really appreciate the sharing going on in this thread. Everyone's signs are really fascinating.

Snoopy Guest
    The song thing and my Dad also have a connection..weird huh? I remember at my wedding my Dad made the toast..he was a very patriotic guy..hehe so of course that came into the toast..the DJ loved it so he dedicated Proud to be an American to him..well after my dad passed my husband and I were on our way to a very important appointment..just as we found the street we needed..my husband turned the radio on just as that song was coming on..hadn't heard it on the radio recent before that and can't recall hearing it much after that...to this day I think he was letting me know he was with us and had our backs.

38. 09-20-2008, 12:45 PM
    Reason
    already

sunshine74137 Guest
    Dead folk just plain don't like me! I got no ghost, got no phone calls, and got no signs. I gotta try harder to make some dead friends

AaronVail Guest
    I used to think I received "messages" or "signs" from the "other side" and I believed in it, but I don't anymore. I realize it was all coincidence and wishful thinking. And who wouldn't wish these things? Death is a great mystery and - at least for me - a source of an inordinate amount of sheer terror. I came to the realization that, if our loved ones had the ability to communicate with us, it would be in an obvious way.

I'm an athiest now and it's a scary place to be - what with my fears of death, but if people understood that death was the absolute end, our lives would be a hell of a lot richer.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    I used to think I received "messages" or "signs" from the "other side" and I believed in it, but I don't anymore. I realize it was all coincidence and wishful thinking. And who wouldn't wish these things? Death is a great mystery and - at least for me - a source of an inordinate amount of sheer terror. I came to the realization that, if our loved ones had the ability to communicate with us, it would be in an obvious way.

I'm an athiest now and it's a scary place to be - what with my fears of death, but if people understood that death was the absolute end, our lives would be a hell of a lot richer.

While I respect your opinon, I'll just simply state the fact that I don't share the same beliefs as you. Too many things have happened to convince me otherwise.

Seagorath Guest
    My mother (who's also a Death Hag) has had plenty of "signals" from her mother. I need to convince her to join this site...she probably has better stories than I do...

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    My mother (who's also a Death Hag) has had plenty of "signals" from her mother. I need to convince her to join this site...she probably has better stories than I do...
    That's a great idea!

My Mom was an awful person to say the least, and the fact that I didn't end up in a mental institution is a miracle. In spite of being a shitty Mom, she excelled in her profession. Within her field of expertise, she is very famous. As a Mom though, she was very cruel. For example, whenever we would have to go shopping for new clothes or shoes, she would make fun of me and tell me how ridiculous I looked, or would intentionally buy whatever outfit or shoes that looked the most hideous and/or were the most uncomfortable.

But about six months ago, her profession decided to honor her, and of course because I was her daughter I was expected to show up for the typical photo op, interviews, newspaper reports and so forth. I never publicly have stated what an evil person she was, and when I am asked about details of my childhood from the press, I give very neutral answers that are true, but don't specifically address her true personality.

In any event, I had to buy a nice outfit for the ceremony, and bought a very nice suit to wear. The problem was that it was a very unusual color of tan/taupe/beige, and I didn't have any shoes that would match. On top of that, there are only certain styles of shoes that I can wear, due to an old foot injury. So I went to Nordstrom's thinking that my cause was lost, and almost immediately I found truly the perfect shoe. Not only was it the right color, but it was the right style and the right heel height.

I asked to try it on and the shoe salesman brought me a pair in my size. I tried them on and they fit perfectly. I told him I would take them, and as I took the shoes off and put them back into their shoe box, the style was my Mom's name. Exactly, even though her spelling was very uncommon. I can only assume that my Mom has huge regrets about how she lived her life and this was her way of trying to make amends to me.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Guest Guest
    I know I had to have written about this once before but can't remember the thread I posted it in so I'll write it again

Before my dad passed he did a lot of joking (and warning..lol) about my mother buying out every flea market and thrift store in the area, my mother is a pack rat, he joked about it but was actually concerned as well that she would get the life insurance and buy a bunch of useless stuff and be penniless, just for the record she's doing fine and hasn't blown all the money...lol

well about 3-4 weeks after dad passed mom was at the thrift store and what does she find but US NAVY CHIEF mess hall trays...of all things! Well my dad was a Chief Petty Officer...that same day she finds this painting done by a novice of a man standing on a pier fishing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, the painting depicts the man from behind in greenish pants and a heavy gray coat wearing a blue baseball cap, you can see the rod and the line leading to the water and the bridge in the background, my parents met again and were married in San Fransisco and my sister who died 100 days before dad was born there, well mom brings this painting home and says "this reminds me of your daddy" a few months later we were going through boxes and boxes of old pictures and I find a picture of my dad standing on that same pier fishing except in the photo he is smiling and waving at the camera, yep you guessed it in the photo he's wearing green pants, a heavy gray jacket and a dark blue ball cap...it's as if whoever painted it was painting my dad...the difference of course when the photo was taken it was early in my parents marriage like a "hello" and the painting being from behind was like a "goodbye for now"

if I ever get a scanner I will post them both for you to see, I totally know that both of those were signs from dad sort of like...."you see old woman...I know you are in the thrift store!"

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    My Mom was an awful person to say the least, and the fact that I didn't end up in a mental institution is a miracle. In spite of being a shitty Mom, she excelled in her profession. Within her field of expertise, she is very famous. As a Mom though, she was very cruel. For example, whenever we would have to go shopping for new clothes or shoes, she would make fun of me and tell me how ridiculous I looked, or would intentionally buy whatever outfit or shoes that looked the most hideous and/or were the most uncomfortable.

But about six months ago, her profession decided to honor her, and of course because I was her daughter I was expected to show up for the typical photo op, interviews, newspaper reports and so forth. I never publicly have stated what an evil person she was, and when I am asked about details of my childhood from the press, I give very neutral answers that are true, but don't specifically address her true personality.

In any event, I had to buy a nice outfit for the ceremony, and bought a very nice suit to wear. The problem was that it was a very unusual color of tan/taupe/beige, and I didn't have any shoes that would match. On top of that, there are only certain styles of shoes that I can wear, due to an old foot injury. So I went to Nordstrom's thinking that my cause was lost, and almost immediately I found truly the perfect shoe. Not only was it the right color, but it was the right style and the right heel height.

I asked to try it on and the shoe salesman brought me a pair in my size. I tried them on and they fit perfectly. I told him I would take them, and as I took the shoes off and put them back into their shoe box, the style was my Mom's name. Exactly, even though her spelling was very uncommon. I can only assume that my Mom has huge regrets about how she lived her life and this was her way of trying to make amends to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I know I had to have written about this once before but can't remember the thread I posted it in so I'll write it again

Before my dad passed he did a lot of joking (and warning..lol) about my mother buying out every flea market and thrift store in the area, my mother is a pack rat, he joked about it but was actually concerned as well that she would get the life insurance and buy a bunch of useless stuff and be penniless, just for the record she's doing fine and hasn't blown all the money...lol

well about 3-4 weeks after dad passed mom was at the thrift store and what does she find but US NAVY CHIEF mess hall trays...of all things! Well my dad was a Chief Petty Officer...that same day she finds this painting done by a novice of a man standing on a pier fishing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, the painting depicts the man from behind in greenish pants and a heavy gray coat wearing a blue baseball cap, you can see the rod and the line leading to the water and the bridge in the background, my parents met again and were married in San Fransisco and my sister who died 100 days before dad was born there, well mom brings this painting home and says "this reminds me of your daddy" a few months later we were going through boxes and boxes of old pictures and I find a picture of my dad standing on that same pier fishing except in the photo he is smiling and waving at the camera, yep you guessed it in the photo he's wearing green pants, a heavy gray jacket and a dark blue ball cap...it's as if whoever painted it was painting my dad...the difference of course when the photo was taken it was early in my parents marriage like a "hello" and the painting being from behind was like a "goodbye for now"

if I ever get a scanner I will post them both for you to see, I totally know that both of those were signs from dad sort of like...."you see old woman...I know you are in the thrift store!"

Abso-FRICKIN-lutely awesome! Thanks for sharing, ladies! I'm speechless...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Guys...I just seriously lost it...I didn't know anything about the pennies...I find frickin pennies all over the place...I was walking through the house yesterday and there was one in front of my stove...There is nowhere in my kitchen that I keep change...I put all my loose change in mason jars for rolling...I find the little suckers everywhere...Thank you soooo much for that...My gourd I miss my Mom...

Guest Guest
    after my dad died there was another incident regarding pennies

my father had a big jug of change, he passed and my mom took the jug to one of those coin star machines, well if any of you have used those you know that if any foreign money etc gets poured in it is rejected, out of the entire jar and the only way I can describe this jar is it's larger than a gallon, probably about two gallons and is shaped like a barrel, sort of an old pickle jar I guess? it's pretty big, I know there was a few hundred dollars worth of change in it, well only one coin was rejected out of all of it....a penny but not not just any penny, it was a Norwegian penny, dated 1967 what made this significant to my mom? well my father was 67 when he died, my mother's mother was Norwegian and my father died on her birthday 9/11 my mother carries that penny behind his picture in her wallet

xenaswolf Guest
    Guys...I just seriously lost it...I didn't know anything about the pennies...I find frickin pennies all over the place...I was walking through the house yesterday and there was one in front of my stove...There is nowhere in my kitchen that I keep change...I put all my loose change in mason jars for rolling...I find the little suckers everywhere...Thank you soooo much for that...My gourd I miss my Mom...
    She knows you miss her hun, so she's helping you finance a vacation

That's too cool!

51. 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    She knows you miss her hun, so she's helping you finance a vacation
    *Starts countin pennies*...At this rate I will be able to drive to my neighbors house next week...LOL
    I have never looked at the years on the pennies...I had no idea about this...You can bet your booty that I'm gonna be lookin now...I am dyin this week...I just wish there was a way for me to know she is O.K...