From Wikipedia:

He was at first heavily influenced by Graham Bond, and in 1967 teamed up with Arthur Brown and formed The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown. Their self-titled album (1967) had the track "Fire" on it, which became a massive hit single in both the UK and the U.S.
The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown dissolved on tour in the U.S., with Crane and drummer Carl Palmer (of ELP) leaving the band to form Atomic Rooster in 1969.
Crane was plagued by a manic mental disorder, forcing him to be treated inside and outside hospitals numerous times. Crane is deservingly associated with the Hammond Organ which was central to the Crazy World of.. album, and Atomic Rooster's music.
He collaborated with other musicians on a number of albums, amongst which include Rory Gallagher (Rory Gallagher, 1971), Arthur Brown (Faster Than The Speed Of Light, 1979), Peter Green, Richard Wahnfried and Dexys Midnight Runners (Don't Stand Me Down, 1985). In 1983 he was part of the one-off blues outfit, Katmandu, with Ray Dorset and Peter Green, who recorded the album A Case For The Blues.
Many of his albums, either with Atomic Rooster or the collaborations he did, reflect his wit, zest and cheerfulness. But the turbulence of his life weighed heavily on him, and he committed suicide in 1989.

"I am the God of Hell Fire and I bring you...Fire!"