Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Margaux Hemingway

star82 Guest

Margaux Hemingway

Has anyone else seen the god awful movie called "Lipstick" staring Margaux & Mariel Hemingway?

Danse Macabre Guest
    Nope, but I'll look for that on netflix. I LOVE cheesy/bad movies

star82 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Cross View Post

Margaux's acting is terrible!!! Mariel really steals the show though. She was only like 12 or 13 in the movie...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star82 View Post
    Has anyone else seen the god awful movie called "Lipstick" staring Margaux & Mariel Hemingway?
    I didn't see that movie, but I'd like to. I saw Margaux on a talk show not that long before she died, and I couldn't believe how bad and torn up she looked. And scared, and nervous. And old, like life had just ripped her apart. I always thought she was a great big beautiful woman with a beautiful face, so it was awful to see the decline.

Danse Macabre Guest
    Margaux was really stunning.

I was sad when I heard the news about her suicide.
    There must be some sort of a karma that runs in the Hemingway family.

star82 Guest
    Margaux was really stunning.

I was sad when I heard the news about her suicide.
    There must be some sort of a karma that runs in the Hemingway family.

I think mental disorders run in the family.. The Hemingway's have a history of suicide.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I think mental disorders run in the family.. The Hemingway's have a history of suicide.
    Exactly.

scarletfever1971 Guest
    I have always thought that Margaux was prettier than Mariel - it's tragic that her life didn't turn out better for her.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletfever1971 View Post
    I have always thought that Margaux was prettier than Mariel - it's tragic that her life didn't turn out better for her.
    Me too, Margaux(at her prime) was the prettier of the two, but obviously the less talented. Poor thing, ive always felt so sorry for her.

hoxharding Guest
    I used to watch Lipstick alot. Both Margeux and Mariel are in it. Lurid film!

Daphne Guest
    Scotts writeup on Mariel's death is very intense.. its really awful how they found her, I always thought she was beautiful, but such a sad story.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    Scotts writeup on Mariel's death is very intense.. its really awful how they found her, I always thought she was beautiful, but such a sad story.
    This is one of the most haunting death scenes I've ever read.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Margaux's acting is terrible!!! Mariel really steals the show though. She was only like 12 or 13 in the movie...

No offense to those who loved Misss Margaux, but her acting was horrendous....loved her on talk shows though

hoxharding Guest
    Mariel is very into health and fitness now. She has her own website about it.

KristinEileen Guest
    The description of her death is way weird. Mariel really believes that it wasn't suicide that killed her sister but an epileptic seizure....

SW4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    The description of her death is way weird. Mariel really believes that it wasn't suicide that killed her sister but an epileptic seizure....
    I always believed it was a seizure and not suicide that killed her; I think her lifestyle contributed to her condition and indirectly cuased her death, but she did have a seizure disorder (the politically correct term for Epilepsy these days..). "Night seizures" are very common in women (read: Florence Griffin Joyner, who died from the same condition), so I immediately thought that was what had happened in Margeaux's case.

Didnt she have 10 times the recommended dosage of Phenobarbital in her? Its either a accident or a suicide.

miamore73 Guest
    I just looked up the Hemingways at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway. I thought it funny that almost every one of Ernest Hemingways divorces he remarried within weeks. Man talk about moving on.

Also noted that one of his sons died named Gloria vs. birth name Greg.

Son, John Hadley Nicanor "Jack" Hemingway (aka Bumby) was born on October 10, 1923. Granddaughter, Joan (Muffet) Hemingway Granddaughter, Margaux Hemingway Granddaughter, Mariel Hemingway
    Son, Patrick, was born on June 28, 1928.
    Son, Gregory Hemingway (called 'Gig' by Hemingway; later called himself 'Gloria'), was born on November 12, 1931. Grandchildren, Patrick, Edward, Sean, Brendan, Vanessa, Maria, John and Lorian Hemingway

donetodeath Guest
    it is so sad to any family with history's of problems,bit like arostotle onasis(is that how you spell it)

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Saw it when it came out in the 70s...Margaux' performance probably was one of the worst in the history of movies. Talk about serious exploitation, especially concerning the role Mariel played in the film (tween rape victim)...I'm still kind of amazed they even got away with that one...amazing that films made in the 70s (and 60s, too) were much less "pc" than now...half of what came out back then would not be considered acceptable (or even filmable) by many today...which is kind of sad, sort of like society moving backwards.
    Not that "Lipstick" was a good example of the film community putting its best foot forward however LOL !!! What a bomb !!!

Maruz83 Guest
    Tragic loss............

hoxharding Guest
    If you like cheesy,expoitation films. I there is one I think is titled 'Tatoo' with Maud Adams. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth.
    Woman gets kidnapped and man wants to give her full body tatoo.
    Yet, you can learn something from any films.
    Lesson-Telephones are full of germs,especially public ones. Always remember to
    clean you phone to keep from getting sick.

RoRo Guest
    waste of time movie but that's just my opinion

star82 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I used to watch Lipstick alot. Both Margeux and Mariel are in it. Lurid film!
    I thought Margeux's acting in that film was awful. It was a sad story also.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Didnt she have 10 times the recommended dosage of Phenobarbital in her? Its either a accident or a suicide.
    I have epilepsy and 10 x the amount of phenobarb. in her system is likely to have done her in, rather that SUDEP (Sudden unexplained death in epilepsy). It all depends on her seizure type and what the autopsy report states on the condition of her surroundings (most ppl who die from having a seizure, die from injuries sustained during the seizure)

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    I have epilepsy and 10 x the amount of phenobarb. in her system is likely to have done her in, rather that SUDEP (Sudden unexplained death in epilepsy). It all depends on her seizure type and what the autopsy report states on the condition of her surroundings (most ppl who die from having a seizure, die from injuries sustained during the seizure)
    In my experience, seizure deaths can be a bit difficult to diagnose in autopsy, you look for things like biting the tounge and so forth...

A lot of people like you say have a head injury, fall down the steps or (the most common that I have seen) drown in the bathtub.

Margeux's death appears to me to be an overdose....to know if it were an accident or a suicide, I would need a bit more info.

leevancleef Guest
    More than 5 members of the HEMINGWAY family committed suicide.... it seems that most of her close relatives were/are prone to suffer depression.
    ive always thought that she committed suicide.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Makes me say "Yikes!" That was just too bad. I love how the cop just threw the gun in the car. In today's films they'd take an hour bagging & tagging.

deathhagcutie Guest
    does their grandfather have his own fad page?..if not i think he should have one..

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    You are so right Daphne, it was heartbreaking to read. Very sad story.

leevancleef Guest
    ive became really interested in Margaux life (and death, of course) lately.
    It seems that her sister Mariel said in the Larry King show that she accepts the fact that Margaux comitted suicide.

Margaux was amazingly gorgeous during her modelling days.

ive found this pic of her with Cary Grant, early 80s.
    Very cute.

Daphne Guest
    she was so beautiful in her days, yet the outcome soooo sad. Although we know her gramps, Ernest-committed suicide.. there were soo many suicides in that family.. If I recall Ernest's mother committed suicide.. his sister, and some others- just very very tragic and gives creedence(sp?) to the genetic theory of depression and suicide. I am haunted by the FAD writeup.. sad!!

Hoodoo Guest
    It seems like from the death scene that she was performing a magical ritual before she died. Salt, incense and white image candles are all used for protection. She must have been very frightened of something. What a sad story.

RIP, Margaux. It would have been her birthday today.

John Connor Guest
    Mariel now says that she thinks Margaux committed suicide. She dismissed it before reasoning that since Margaux was such an angry woman and a drama queen she would have made much more of a show about it.
    It was very sad. This is the apartment she died in. The landlord was trying to evict her. He said she gave him the creeps.

ByrdSar Guest
    I don't know much about Margaux Hemingway, other than she committed suicide?...anyway, guess I'll have to read the FAD writeup.

jojax Guest
    The movie came out in 1976...Chris Sarandon was in it (Susan's exhusband) what ever happen to him?

I agree with this. I have never believed Margaux's death was a suicide. If anything maybe an accidental overdose of her epilepsy medication.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

lol

Me too! Ssssshhhh! Don't tell anyone!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I agree with this. I have never believed Margaux's death was a suicide. If anything maybe an accidental overdose of her epilepsy medication.
    She had built a ritual alter and wrote "protection for Margaux". She had been hoarding Klonopin for awhile. I dunno.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    That bunch was is eat up with the WEIRDS!

ByrdSar Guest
    Umm...okay.

MoonRabbit Guest
    I saw a film on tv after Margaux died and she was acting really
    strange in it.
    Dancing around like she was mentally ill.
    I wonder if that film still exists?
    You could tell something was really wrong with Marqaux.
    No one should have to go through that.
    Today I am worried about Heather Locklear. She is having bad
    problems. I hope her life improves.
    Last edited by MoonRabbit; 11-08-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Before Margaux died Iwas channel surfing and tuned in to one of those celebrity shows and they showed a video of Margaux doing free association with inatimate objects while a "therapist" looked on. Truly bizarre and I never forgot it.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Before Margaux died Iwas channel surfing and tuned in to one of those celebrity shows and they showed a video of Margaux doing free association with inatimate objects while a "therapist" looked on. Truly bizarre and I never forgot it.
    That might be the film! It was bizarre and sad.

Richard Arthur Jackman Guest
    crazy life, crazy death, family is all round crazy. generation thing.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    That bunch was is eat up with the WEIRDS!
    Speaking of that one of the sisters was bulemic, can't remember which, could that have helped bring on a seizure

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Speaking of that one of the sisters was bulemic, can't remember which, could that have helped bring on a seizure
    Mariel definitely was. Margaux, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    (most ppl who die from having a seizure, die from injuries sustained during the seizure)

I think I read that Flo-Jo died not because of her seizure, but the position the seizure left her in-she basically smothered in her bed linens.

ratkin638 Guest
    I had one encounter with Margaux way back during my critic days, but it wasn't terribly memorable. When Pink Floyd toured for the "Dark Side of the Moon" album, the New York City show was in Radio City Music Hall. In those days Radio City would not cancel a performance of the movie/Rockettes show for a concert, so concerts could only happen after the final show. The Pink Floyd concert began at about 1:00 a.m. and went for several hours.

All of the press seats and celebrity seats were in one section of the hall. My aisle seat was directly across the aisle from Margaux Hemingway, who was sitting next to Andy Warhol. During intermission, the Capitol Records executive I was sitting with introduced me to the two of them. Warhol was polite but clearly wished he was meeting someone other than a miscellaneous music critic, and Margaux was so spaced out that I would guess that she forgot my name and face approximately half a nanosecond after she turned away.

Truly an exciting occasion.

(But the show was great....)