Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oliver Reed

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Was he ever married?
    Twice.

Kate Byrne (1959â??1969) 2 children-Mark and Sarah

Josephine Burge (1985â??1999; his death)

Picture is of Oliver and Kate-Oliver, Mark and Sarah-Oliver and Josephine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kate.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	30316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	children.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	30317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josephine.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	30318  
    Last edited by Ludigan; 03-28-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Loved this guy. One of my favorites was "The three musketeers/four musketeers".
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Loved this guy too. I had a major crush on him when "The Three Musketeers" came out. Of all the crushes I had in the early/mid seventies, I think he may have been the first straight guy.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    He was great in "Tommy"....love the "lovely legs contest" at the resort he owned in the film, "Bernie's Holiday Camp."
    He was able to pick Ann-Margret out from the bunch solely by looking at her legs....that's our Ollie!
    "....When you come to Bernie's, the holiday's forever!"
    Indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Talking of Tommy and the holiday camp etc.. Here's a cracking pic of Olly and Keith Moon drinking one of my fave beers of the past (Younger's Tartan Special).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keith-Moon-and-Oliver-Reed.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	30371  

Ha! Now "Wicked Uncle Ernie" is gonna be going through my head all day!

/fiddling about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

erictheking97 Guest
    I remember the Oscars never gave him any tribute the year he died, same for dirk bogarde as well if i recall, RIP big man

cto69 Guest
    I watched a documentry about him a few yrs ago, i was only familiar with his career after the late 60`s. He was not only beautiful to look at when he was young but in terms of screen presence if he and Brando had acted together Reed would have wiped him off the screen in my opinion and i`m a Brando fan.
    The Academy Awards ceremony is a joke has been for a number of yrs, leaving actors off and not handing out the tribute awards properly.
    Last edited by cto69; 04-04-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Other greats like Richard Burton and Richard Harris were kinda ignored by the Academy as well. I think Peter O'toole got and honorary one a few years back or something. Oh well we still have the films which is the main thing.

erictheking97 Guest
    mmmm, strange how all the names mentioned enjoyed a few drinks, or maybe because they were brits lol
    Last edited by erictheking97; 04-05-2011 at 08:09 AM.

alicecooper91 Guest
    As I've mentioned in other threads, I've been in love with Oliver since I saw Tommy for the first time when I was 7. Then he had to go and die a year later =[ I just finished reading his autobiography Reed All About Me today actually, and I enjoyed it a lot. I also read a biography on him called Evil Spirits last year and that one was good too. The autobiography came out in 1979 and the biography after his death so it's worth reading both. In the bio. they talk about how in 1980 he saw a 16 year old girl coming off a school bus and decided he was going to marry her someday, only to do so 5 years later. How awesome would that be to have Ollie fall in love with your 16 year old self? Some people might think it a bit creepy but reading about it you can tell how much he truly loved and cared about her.

Have read Evil Spirits, was great, but haven't read RAAM yet, must get it from flea bay or Amazonian sometime...

Love the movie The Trap. Forget he was in Burnt Offerings. Do not remember him in Tommy. Will search. I think he was a very good looking tough guy. I seem to remember watching a old Johnny Carson where Shelley Winters pours her drink on his head. He took it well. He was HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by BillySmartsC View Post
    Talking of Tommy and the holiday camp etc.. Here's a cracking pic of Olly and Keith Moon drinking one of my fave beers of the past (Younger's Tartan Special).
    They both were true racist men, and drunk scum.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Love the movie The Trap. Forget he was in Burnt Offerings. Do not remember him in Tommy. Will search. I think he was a very good looking tough guy. I seem to remember watching a old Johnny Carson where Shelley Winters pours her drink on his head. He took it well. He was HOT.

Hot hot hot nude fighting scene with him and Alan Bates in "Women in Love". Really hoping they'd kiss.