Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

Quote Originally Posted by smg View Post
    I'd like to find out what happened to Madeline McCann.

I have always thought it was her parents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Mammy Guest
    Yep, me too!

JMarie Guest
    One that comes to mind is Tammy Lynn Leppert. It drives me nuts that she virtually disappeared and there's really nothing to go on. Just some vague notions of being involved with the "wrong people". Such a long time has gone by, and it's a lesser-known story. I doubt we will ever find out anything.

4. 06-22-2013, 09:01 AM

Tigon Man Guest
    In the UK

Lord Lucan/Sandra Rivett Murder
    Genette Tate disappearance
    April Fabb disappearance
    Wild Park Murders
    Margaret Frame murder (Local unsolved murder in my home town in Sussex)

US

Zodiac Killer
    Jodi Huisentruit

of well known cases I'd have to say Jon Benet, but a case that wasnt well known was Morgan Violi.
    I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and we put this school picture of her in the window of where I worked. It's always
    stuck with me how brazen it was and random. I hope one day her family finds out who did this I know it wont bring her back
    but it would be nice to get justice for her and I suspect she's not his only victim.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2010/07/unsolved-morgan-violi-kidnapping-and.html

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    of well known cases I'd have to say Jon Benet, but a case that wasnt well known was Morgan Violi.
    I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and we put this school picture of her in the window of where I worked. It's always
    stuck with me how brazen it was and random. I hope one day her family finds out who did this I know it wont bring her back
    but it would be nice to get justice for her and I suspect she's not his only victim.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2010/07/unsolved-morgan-violi-kidnapping-and.html
    OMG, I've mentioned Morgan on several different threads on FAD! Do you live in Kentucky? I live about an hour away from Bowling Green and I was horrified when Morgan was abducted and later found murdered. My two daughters were close to her age at the time. It was a very brazen crime and seemingly random and I'm afraid it may never be solved. I Google her name from time to time just to see if there is anything new, but sadly there never is. I think about her quite a bit, even though I didn't know her or her family. Poor little girl was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it could have happened to anyone's child. I would love to see her case solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    OMG, I've mentioned Morgan on several different threads on FAD! Do you live in Kentucky? I live about an hour away from Bowling Green and I was horrified when Morgan was abducted and later found murdered. My two daughters were close to her age at the time. It was a very brazen crime and seemingly random and I'm afraid it may never be solved. I Google her name from time to time just to see if there is anything new, but sadly there never is. I think about her quite a bit, even though I didn't know her or her family. Poor little girl was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it could have happened to anyone's child. I would love to see her case solved.
    I do live in Kentucky and I remember feeling so violated when she was abducted and found murdered because nothing like that had ever happened in my area before to have a child taken during the middle of the day in a populated area in front of people was just so scary. I'm afraid it may never be solved too :\ both her kidnapping and murder and jon benet's were around the same time and I think their cases bother me the most because I was pregnant with my daughter when Morgan was taken and had just had her when Jon Benet was killed. they just stick with me.

kurt cobain(though I lean toward suicide)
    jonbenet
    the black dahlia
    zodiac
    sharon marshall and michael hughes
    conor and laci peterson (what really happened)
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    I do live in Kentucky and I remember feeling so violated when she was abducted and found murdered because nothing like that had ever happened in my area before to have a child taken during the middle of the day in a populated area in front of people was just so scary. I'm afraid it may never be solved too :\ both her kidnapping and murder and jon benet's were around the same time and I think their cases bother me the most because I was pregnant with my daughter when Morgan was taken and had just had her when Jon Benet was killed. they just stick with me.
    It's cool to have another Kentucky death hag on here. There are several of us from different parts of the state.

I felt the exact same way you described when Morgan went missing. It was a crime that you hear about in other states, but a really rare crime for Kentucky. My family went to Bowling Green pretty often then to shop or get a room at Drury Inn so the kids could swim in the indoor pool. The apartment Morgan was abducted from is close to the places we went, especially Toys-R-Us. I had the most unsettling feeling the first time we went to Bowling Green after Morgan was taken and you are right, it happened in a very populated area during daytime hours. Morgan's case never got the media attention it deserved other than in Kentucky. I'll never forget her.

It's cool to have another Kentucky death hag on here. There are several of us from different parts of the state.

I felt the exact same way you described when Morgan went missing. It was a crime that you hear about in other states, but a really rare crime for Kentucky. My family went to Bowling Green pretty often then to shop or get a room at Drury Inn so the kids could swim in the indoor pool. The apartment Morgan was abducted from is close to the places we went, especially Toys-R-Us. I had the most unsettling feeling the first time we went to Bowling Green after Morgan was taken and you are right, it happened in a very populated area during daytime hours. Morgan's case never got the media attention it deserved other than in Kentucky. I'll never forget her.
    it must be the way we're raised here lol I remember as a child going to the cemetery with my grandmother to clean graves of relatives and put flowers on them twice a year. still love visiting cemeteries it's one of my favorite 'weird' things to do. its like going back in time.

Mammy Guest
    it must be the way we're raised here lol I remember as a child going to the cemetery with my grandmother to clean graves of relatives and put flowers on them twice a year. still love visiting cemeteries it's one of my favorite 'weird' things to do. its like going back in time.
    Yep, my Pap (maternal grandfather) turned me into a death hag before I ever started school. We would wander around country graveyards and he would tell me about the ones he knew and what happened to them. The cemetery where he and my Grandma are buried is very large and has a lot of my family members buried there and a lot of other people who Pap knew, so when I was very young, I could tell people how most of the ones buried there died. I'm sure some people thought I was a creepy little kid. Lol

There are so many, but I really want to know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. Somebody around knows.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

14. 10-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Double initials murders Rochester, NY

http://roc.democratandchronicle.com/section/specials84/

Each body was found in a town that had a name starting with the same letter as each girl's name
    (Carmen Colon in Churchville, Wanda Walkowicz in Webster and Michelle Maenza in Macedon).
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 10-11-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: addendum

Tigon Man Guest
    The Sam Sheppard case. Is there a thread on the forum? I'm surprised there isn't more interest.

Taken in broad daylight in front of God and everybody and pulled into a van? Shades of Ted Bundy and Kim Leach.

Edit- JESUS H.They found the maroon van used in the kidnapping. It had been stolen from Dayton, Ohio. That's in my backyard. Her killer might live near me. GD
    Last edited by Follower; 10-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.

18. 10-27-2013, 11:58 AM

I've often thought of that when I'm out walking in the woods or along a country road. I would hate to find a person's remains. There was a little girl from Kentucky who was reported missing in the eighties. It turned out that she had been abused by her stepmom over a period of time and suffocated after her stepmom had stuffed her into trash bags as punishment for peeing in her pants. Her dad took her body and disposed of it in a park that I have been to many times and then reported that she had been kidnapped from their yard. He returned to the park after her body had time to decompose and pulverized her bones and spread them around to different locations in the park. He made sure there was nothing left to find. Every time I've been to the park since then, I've wondered which locations there he disposed of her remains. It's an eerie feeling.
    Alex Suleski. I wonder what was up with her mom...I don't remember ever hearing any mention of her or why Alex wasn't with her instead of with her father.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Alex Suleski. I wonder what was up with her mom...I don't remember ever hearing any mention of her or why Alex wasn't with her instead of with her father.
    I have wondered about Alex's biological mom, too, and I have actually looked for information about her and found nothing. I don't ever remember seeing the mother mentioned. There are many sites on the internet that still list Alex as missing and I haven't seen anything updated about her case for years. It's so sad to think of what a horrible life that poor little girl endured and her stepmom sounded like a cruel, abusive bitch. I'm glad Alex's stepsister finally gained the courage to get confessions from Tom and justice for Alex. Nothing would have ever been done if not for the stepsister and I'm sure it was hard for her to turn in her own mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Taken in broad daylight in front of God and everybody and pulled into a van? Shades of Ted Bundy and Kim Leach.

Edit- JESUS H.They found the maroon van used in the kidnapping. It had been stolen from Dayton, Ohio. That's in my backyard. Her killer might live near me. GD
    the randomness of it was what made it so scary. He literally got off the interstate drove a mile or less then pulled into an apartment complex picked up a kid on the side walk with a friend there with her right in the parking lot and just drove away with her and it was like noon. So brazen and just without fear of being seen or caught it was just unbelievable.

Mammy Guest
    the randomness of it was what made it so scary. He literally got off the interstate drove a mile or less then pulled into an apartment complex picked up a kid on the side walk with a friend there with her right in the parking lot and just drove away with her and it was like noon. So brazen and just without fear of being seen or caught it was just unbelievable.
    Not only that, the apartment complex where Morgan was abducted from had one way in and one way out and he still got away. Her abduction was a lot like the abduction of Samantha Runnion in California in 2002.

Eric Gynn Guest
    Valerie Percy, IL, 1966

Mammy Guest
    This is a very strange case that I would like to see solved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...op_acacia.html

Lately it's the Jon Benet case.

kmgt Guest
    Kyron Hormon - I can't believe the step mom hasn't broken yet.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmgt View Post
    You and me both! Where in the world did she put him that he still hasn't been found and how has she managed to keep her mouth shut?

I'd like to see this one solved:

Description:

Donna Macho, 19, was attacked in the early morning of Feb. 26, 1984, in her East Windsor, New Jersey apartment in the basement of her mother's and stepfather's house. No one heard screams and there was no sign of forced entry, but the room was bloody. Her body was not discovered until 1995, in a field less than a mile from Hunter's Glen in Cranbury, New Jersey.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post

Description:

Donna Macho, 19, was attacked in the early morning of Feb. 26, 1984, in her East Windsor, New Jersey apartment in the basement of her mother's and stepfather's house. No one heard screams and there was no sign of forced entry, but the room was bloody. Her body was not discovered until 1995, in a field less than a mile from Hunter's Glen in Cranbury, New Jersey.
    I'll be doing some Googling about the case.

You and me both! Where in the world did she put him that he still hasn't been found and how has she managed to keep her mouth shut?
    Ooh, forgot about that one. So add it to my list please.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post

Description:

Donna was a beautiful girl and it's so sad that she hasn't received justice in the three decades since she went missing.

I want so much for Haleigh Cummings to be found and the person/persons responsible for her disappearance and her likely death to be held accountable. That poor baby girl never stood a chance from birth with the family she had. IMO, law enforcement knows who is responsible for what happened to Haleigh, they just don't have enough evidence to prove it. I don't think she will ever be found and that thought bothers me.

There are so many, first would be Monroe, way to many people involved in that charade. Jon Benet Ramsey, Jimmy Hoffa, news anchor Jodi Huisentruit who went missing in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    There are so many, first would be Monroe, way to many people involved in that charade. Jon Benet Ramsey, Jimmy Hoffa, news anchor Jodi Huisentruit who went missing in 1995.
    Do a Google Image search on Jodi Huisentruit. She defines "perky".

dirtycopper Guest
    Maura Murray

Quote Originally Posted by JMarie View Post
    One that comes to mind is Tammy Lynn Leppert. It drives me nuts that she virtually disappeared and there's really nothing to go on. Just some vague notions of being involved with the "wrong people". Such a long time has gone by, and it's a lesser-known story. I doubt we will ever find out anything.
    I agree. I just drove by that glass bank Saturday evening. There was recently a suicide outside of it. It seems as if the place is cursed. Wonder what happened to Tammy. Bless her sister, she is still looking for her.

I also would love to know where Jimmy Hoffa is.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Trenton Duckett. This poor little guy likely isn't with us anymore. Any shot of getting his crazy mother to fess up was kiboshed by the pig that is Nancy Grace. So sad this kid never had a chance.

sonopolly Guest
    Jon Benet was my first thought, then Marilyn. I didn't get to look through every post, but did anyone mention Brittany Murphy and her husband? I know they died from pneumonia or something but something is missing here. Maybe her mother?

JonBenet, Black Dahlia, WM3 are the top of my list.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

blackjoy Guest
    Trenton Duckett

19-Year old Beauty Queen from Hightstown, New Jersey. Disappearared right out of her own bed - never to be seen again (at least for 11 years]

Donna Dee Macho (Pronounced like the MAKO) Shark:'

Minerva

wvmoon99 Guest
    There is a missing girl from WV. Her name was Cherise Gwinn. Lots of stories on the net about her. Husband did it, family (church) covered it up. Unresolved after almost 20 years (I think).

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wvmoon99 View Post
    There is a missing girl from WV. Her name was Cherise Gwinn. Lots of stories on the net about her. Husband did it, family (church) covered it up. Unresolved after almost 20 years (I think).
    Welcome to the forum! I'll be doing some Googling for information about Cherise. I haven't heard of her before.

McCourt, Your sister was beautiful. I am so sorry again that this happened to your family, I hope the police find out who killed her.

As for me I would like the killers of my mentor/History teacher and his wife found. Still no information is being released. No new leads.

I'd like to know what happened to the Jamison family in OK. I am reading about it at Webslueths but man it's a lot to read. It's hard to read over there because these people come up with the craziest theories and they nit pick every little thing that they think can help with their investigation. But it's still interesting if you can get to the meat of the stories.

I just read another one over there about a man and a woman who disappeared 43 years ago, both leaving spouses and children. A member over there helped crack the case and they ended up finding them. It was a fascinating read. Unfortunately the two just wanted to be left alone, which sucks. At least their children found out they were alive. But at the same time they found out that they had been abandoned and it was the parent's choice to not contact them for all those years. That has to hurt. Some of them were so convinced the parents had met with foul play. To find out they just started new lives and families must have been terrible. Sometimes it's bittersweet to have these cases solved. Same thing with the Baskin children. I was so happy when they were found. Unfortunately they were so brainwashed by their grandparents that they didn't want contact with their family. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Well, since OJ was declared innocent *choke puke gag* I'd like to know who killed Nicole and Ron Goldman.
    The Cabin Murders ( there is a thread on it somewhere)

I'll think of more I'm sure
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6nFwPJcTjo

I myself would like to see the Kentucky murder case of Brad Rigney solved. Unfortunately I have grave doubts that will ever happen for two reasons...

1. Brad Rigney was gay but after reading some of the stories about the murder and after chatting with guys who had actually knew Brad..I get the feeling that his family had no idea he was even gay to begin with.

2. The gay "bear" community just may not allow this case to be solved. Brad Rigney was a bear but then again so many in law enforcement and in the media are bears themselves and that can be a problem. Say for example Rigney's murder was a case of a bad sexual hook-up, someone he had met on one of the many bear hook-up websites and since so many other bears more/less do the very same thing including the bears who work in law enforcement ...well can we say "cover-up" ?? All to protect the bear community. Of course I am NOT saying this is the case but I can see it happening.

47. 05-26-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    McCourt, Your sister was beautiful. I am so sorry again that this happened to your family, I hope the police find out who killed her.

As for me I would like the killers of my mentor/History teacher and his wife found. Still no information is being released. No new leads.
    Thank you very much. I wish the killers of your mentor and his wife were found too. Its more frustrating than anything.
    Minerva

McCourt, I'm sorry if I missed something, but was Donna Macho your sister?

Quote Originally Posted by kmgt View Post
    Kyron's disappearance has troubled me from the beginning given Terri Horman's alleged abuse of him. I feel terrible for his mother, Desiree.

I would also like to see a definitive explanation of The Boy In The Box: americasunknownchild.net . It's unbelievable there isn't a way to identify this boy or his family.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I have always thought it was her parents.
    Just in case anyone hasn't heard yet, the resort she was last seen alive at is supposedly going to have the grounds all dug up to search for a body very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    McCourt, I'm sorry if I missed something, but was Donna Macho your sister?
    Yes, I'm proud to say she was.
    Minerva

Oh wow McCourt. I am sorry that I hadn't read about your beautiful sister before. I am so sorry what happened and I really hope they can get who did it. I did some reading around and there are just so many questions with the guy who went to the school with her and the other one who told someone he killed her. I really wish the police would do more to help you with this. I'm so sorry your mom passed before she found out what happened. I don't know what your beliefs are but I hope they are somewhere together again now. Prayers for you and your family and great wishes that this cold case will one day be solved.

I'm really sorry.