Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Having grown up in the town where the National Guardsmen who did the shooting came from and having spent a summer as a student at Kent State University, while we are at it, I would like to know finally exactly what happened on May 4th, 1970.

This actually bothers me a lot more than the Kennedy Assasination.
    Being from Ohio, you prolly remember the Sam Shepherd murder (1950s), with the "bushy haired stranger?" That was the first crime book I ever read. I got a follow-up book by a guy named Neff but havent started it yet. I dont believe they solved that one but not sure. Last I remember they cleared Dr Sam (I think).....

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Being from Ohio, you prolly remember the Sam Shepherd murder (1950s), with the "bushy haired stranger?" That was the first crime book I ever read. I got a follow-up book by a guy named Neff but havent started it yet. I dont believe they solved that one but not sure. Last I remember they cleared Dr Sam (I think).....
    I'm not old enough to remember it personally, but yeah, you couldn't grow up in NE Ohio and not hear about Sam Shepherd.

His conviction was thrown out in a new trial, but his life was never the same again and no one else was ever convicted.

Shortly before he died, he was making the rounds as a professional wrestler under the moniker "The Killer"

slingshot Guest
    I'm not old enough to remember it personally, but yeah, you couldn't grow up in NE Ohio and not hear about Sam Shepherd.

His conviction was thrown out in a new trial, but his life was never the same again and no one else was ever convicted.

Shortly before he died, he was making the rounds as a professional wrestler under the moniker "The Killer"
    lol sorry sweetie, didnt mean to insinuate you were old as dirt. I just knew about it from the book.

I remember the wrestling thing too. I want to say his son wrote a book too, I will have to check that out. I do recall reading an interview with his son and he said just what you did ---- his life was never the same once he got outta jail. Seems like he married once or twice and got into drugs somewhat. At any rate, its a good mystery and the crime scene pics were good for the 1950s. I rememebr seeing her on the bed, dead. Pretty gruesome.

radiojane Guest
    Having grown up in the town where the National Guardsmen who did the shooting came from and having spent a summer as a student at Kent State University, while we are at it, I would like to know finally exactly what happened on May 4th, 1970.

This actually bothers me a lot more than the Kennedy Assassination.
    As it should. That's another real wtf? one.

Scoopslam Guest
    Jon Bonet Ramsey & Caylee Anthony

There are so many I would love to see solved. A couple are the Sharon Marshall case, such a weird twisted story. Another one is the girl in Florida, I can't think of her name right now, she had a bit part in Scarface and then started acting very bizarrely and disappeared after a fight with a friend in his car. Oh her name is on the tip of my tongue, her case was on Unsolved Mysteries. She was so pretty and it was such a weird story. I would love to see just about any case solved though, I love when older cold cases are solved.

Oh yeah, Tammy Lynn Leppert. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ert_tammy.html

Here's a link about "Sharon Marshall". The truth is no one knows who she really was. http://forum.purseblog.com/true-crim...ll-326722.html
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 03-18-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Tammy Leppert's case is really strange and it's hard to tell what could have happened to her. She has a sister who posts on Websleuths that tries to keep Tammy's name fresh in people's minds and follow up cases of unidentified remains.

I would like to see the person responsible for the murder of Jennifer Odom to be found and prosecuted. There is DNA evidence in the case that is in a computer database. The right person just needs to be found to match the DNA. She was only twelve years old when she was murdered.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ators%27-minds

This actually bothers me a lot more than the Kennedy Assasination.
    I can understand that

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Racingfan, I live in Central Virginia and the Short case has always bothered me. Seems like such a sad sensless crime. Every year around the anniversary the local news stations bring it up again...but at this point I doubt it will ever be solved.
    I was working as an editor at WTVR in Richmond at the time and of course, there were a ton of stories on it, so I ended up staring at her picture and the family photo a lot when we were editing news videos. She was such a cute little thing and her family just looked so nice and non-offensive. I just can't imagine why anyone would do that to them. And I agree, I don't know if they'll ever close that case. There are no matches to the DNA found at the crime scene within the big database of offenders.

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    Never heard of the Tammy Leppert case until now. Thanks for mentioning it, I love finding new things to obsess over!

Lauren Spierer vanished from Bloomington, In. one year ago. I wish they could find her for her families sake, sad.

Mammy Guest
    Wow, I didn't realize that it has already been a year since Lauren disappeared! I doesn't seem like it has been that long, but I'm sure it feels like an eternity to her poor family. She was such an adorable little gal. Are there any suspects or does it seem to be a random crime? Since you live in Indiana, Leasie, do you have any idea what is going on with Misty Davis who was Nick Harbison's girlfriend and went on the run with him after he killed the three people in the cornfield in Pike County in 2006? I know she got a pretty light sentence to begin with and probably only served half of that for "good time." I'm sure she must be out and about by now and I was wondering what had become of her. That was a horribly brutal crime.

I would like to see the bodies of Joan Butler, Christina Rusch, and Theresa Brown be found. They were murdered in Kansas in 1989 by Richard Grissom and their bodies have never been found and he refuses to tell anyone where they are buried.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_sc...ars-later.html

I would like to see the Morgan Harrington case solved. They have just realeased new sketches of the "person of interest".

http://www.wset.com/story/18688656/n...on-murder-case

Soapy Guest
    this is a great thread.
    for me, i would want to find out what REALLY happened to:
    Caylee Anthony
    Jon Benet
    Marilyn
    Natalie Holloway
    Hartford Circus Fire's Little Miss 1565 - not convinced she's Eleanor Emily Cook as she's been identified as

and what really happened with Michael Hutchence???

the East Area Rapist, 50 rapes and 12 kills. Never been caught. He is THE reason that Cali funded its DNA Project. He'd be 60-ish today.
    I lived in his original area of terror back then and distinctly recall how this dude put fear in the hearts of many. many of his victims realized that before the attack he had been in the house beforehand. and post attack he would call up the victims to put more fear in them. his voice is chilling. he made the Zodiac look like Tinkie Winkie. but few people know him since he didn't write letters to the paper.

this thread has details.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...st+area+rapist
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

Quote Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
    this is a great thread.
    for me, i would want to find out what REALLY happened to:
    Caylee Anthony
    Jon Benet
    Marilyn
    Natalie Holloway
    Hartford Circus Fire's Little Miss 1565 - not convinced she's Eleanor Emily Cook as she's been identified as

and what really happened with Michael Hutchence???
    I agree with Caylee Anthony, JonBenet, Marilyn, Natalie.

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    Holly Bobo. Such an odd case, and there were really never any leads from the get-go.

Mammy: I know Misty got 2-8 years for assisting a fugitive, I am sure she is out but come to think of it I have not heard anything about her release, I did a search and did not find anything.

I think one of the guys with Lauren in her last hours killed her or she overdosed and they disposed of her body. It is sad all of the guys that were with her that night quickly hired lawyers and are not talking. I think someday one of them will spill the beans. I feel terrible for her family.
    Last edited by Leasie; 06-06-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Re-reading the thread, I forgot what I posted and it's funny because I wrote down almost the exact same thing I wrote today but I added a few more. Not in any particular order, but I really wanna know about Natalie Wood, Thelma Todd and William Desmond Taylor. I would also like to know who was DB Cooper beings that story was from my area and there are so many "stories".

I could type half the day on this one...lol I want some juicy answears....lol

What really happened to Natalie Wood and why was she in the water and were RJ and Watkins ever lovers?..lol
    Thelma Todd - I just don't like the facts on this story either.
    Jon Benet
    The Zodiac Killer
    The Atlanta Children Murders - I'm not positive they got the right guy.
    The Black- Dahlia Case
    JFK - Who was really on the Grassy Knoll? I think Oswald may have been involved but I think this is a much bigger case, we'll probably never know as that is how our government works..lol
    Superman - George Reeves....this case is just full of BS, something else happened that night.
    The Baby Lindbergh ...Just not convinced on the given facts.
    William Desmond Taylor, I've been intrigued by this story for years.
    Kyron Korman

Oh wait wait...and I wanna know about the Wonderland Murders, was Holmes involved in the killing or did he just let them in.

Cases that make ya go Hmmmmmm?

Great Thread, I'll have to research some of these murders that I hadn't heard about now.

20. 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM

Natalie Wood ... something went wrong that night and Wagner has been lying ever since.
    JFK... Oswald was a fall guy, I think LBJ had an inside track.
    Jodi Huisentruit news anchor... very strange case.
    Karyn Kupcinet... many suspects and still no answers. JFK connection ?
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Mammy Guest
    I agree that Jodi Huisentruit's case is extremely strange. Even though it happens often, it is still hard for me to fathom how a person can disappear into thin air and not be found for years, if ever. That would have to be torturous for the loved ones left behind.

I would love to see the case of the missing three women, Sherrill Leavitt, Suzie Streeter, and Stacy McCall, be solved and their remains found and identified. The 21 year anniversary of their disappearances is coming up in less than a week. They deserve to be found and laid to rest by their families.

I was reading something about Jodi's case not to long ago, and there is a woman who claims it was an inside job. Here is the link Mammy, I'm a little skeptical, but you never know. http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/20...y-2011-update/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Mammy Guest
    Thank you for that!

I can't think of just one:

Bob Crane
    Jon Benet Ramsey
    Jimmy Hoffa
    Caylee Anthony
    OJ Simpson murders
    Jack the Ripper
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Tammi Lynn Leppert - Thank you! I live right in the area where all of that happened. I used to drive past that bank every day. Her sister still holds out a vigil for Tammi being found. That is such a strange case

Oh yeah, Tammy Lynn Leppert. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ert_tammy.html
    Last edited by Noelle1966; 06-02-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

The Yogurt Shop Murders, I can't Believe It's Yogurt. This has never really been solved, the men they did arrest for it were let go, only one remained in prison. The three missing women from Springfield Missouri. I would say Jon Benet but I already know who did it and that person is in a grave beside her. As for Caylee Anthony, we all know who her killer is and she is walking free.

Mammy Guest
    Yep, I agree that JonBenet's murder is as solved as it ever will be and her murderer is dead and buried next to her. Poor little Caylee will never have justice thanks to a jury full of dimwits.

Both of those cases were just so crazy. I just never could understand either one of them.

Mammy Guest
    There are definitely loose ends in JonBenet's case that will never be figured out. Caylee's murder case wouldn't have been too hard to figure out if her nutbag family of liars didn't make it so complicated. That baby had NOBODY fighting for justice for her. It was all about her worthless, slutty mother.

The "Babes in the Woods" case, which involved the murder of two young boys in 1947.

Mammy Guest
    Do we have any Iowa death hags here? I saw this as a featured case on Websleuths and went googling for more information. It sounds like this poor boy had a unsettled life even before being sexually assaulted and murdered. His case has gone unsolved for twenty six years and it would be nice for his killer to be caught and held accountable for what he did to this young boy.

http://iowacoldcases.org/case-summar...y-joe-johnson/

This probably "doesn't count" (not the direction intended by this thread), but I wish Darlie Routier would come clean and say what really, REALLY happened.

I wish we could find out what truly happened with the Black Dahlia, but I guess we'll never know the whole story.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    Darlie will never tell the truth, IMO. She would lose her adoring fan club of supporters who keep attention drawn to her.

Carolyn Wasilewski. She was a 14 year old murdered way back in 1954 in Baltimore. My grandmother remembered it being a huge story at the time, and I remember her telling me about it when I was a kid. If I remember correctly, Carolyn had gone out of the house late at night and was found the next morning by the railroad tracks not too far from her home. She had been beaten to death, and the name "Paul" was written on her right thigh in mecurochrome or lipstick. There were many suspects questioned, but no one was ever brought to trial. There are a few newspaper articles about it on the net from back when it happened, but not too much else. Although she was killed many years before I was born and I never knew her or her family, I still think about this case often. Here's the wikipedia entry with some links to articles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Wasilewski

Daniellexo Guest
    Black Dahlia

Zodiac

Jon Benet

Tara Grinstead

Daniellexo Guest
    Oh and the Robin Hood Hills murders in West Memphis

I'd love to see Zodiac solved as well.

It's weird when you think of all the bodies that are out there unfound in this world. Not to mention the ones that have been out there and destroyed never to be found.

Mammy Guest
    I've often thought of that when I'm out walking in the woods or along a country road. I would hate to find a person's remains. There was a little girl from Kentucky who was reported missing in the eighties. It turned out that she had been abused by her stepmom over a period of time and suffocated after her stepmom had stuffed her into trash bags as punishment for peeing in her pants. Her dad took her body and disposed of it in a park that I have been to many times and then reported that she had been kidnapped from their yard. He returned to the park after her body had time to decompose and pulverized her bones and spread them around to different locations in the park. He made sure there was nothing left to find. Every time I've been to the park since then, I've wondered which locations there he disposed of her remains. It's an eerie feeling.

Nihgristi Semhet - there were two witnesses - one even trying to disarm the attacker with an umbrella but he just kept stabbing her. Toronto Police now have a reward because they are totally clueless. They claim it was ramdom. Whatever. The fact that the motherfucker still walks among us thoroughly pisses me off! Whomever he is - he is one angry creep.

I'd like to find out what happened to Madeline McCann.

Roana Guest
    The Hinterkaifeck murders - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck

That is some eerie shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roana View Post
    The Hinterkaifeck murders - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck

That is some eerie shit.
    That is so sad that the little girl lived for a few hours after. Wonder who did it and why?

Daniellexo Guest
    That Hinterkaifeck murder is so creepy! How could they be lured to the barn one by one? I'd also like to see the Keddie Cabin murders solved http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keddie_Murders

cami Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    JonBenet Ramsey... enough said.
    JonBenet Ramsey for me too. Although I'm pretty sure we know who killed her.

cami Guest

That's because Sam is guilty of the murder of Marilyn. I know he won a new trial and so he should have as he was completely tried in the media but he killed her. Read Greg McCreary's profile and blood evidence on this case, you'll be shocked.

cami Guest
    Haliegh Cummings in Florida.

Mammy Guest
    Haleigh Cumming's case breaks my heart and I would love for her case to be solved, but sadly I don't think her body will ever be found. I think she was thrown to the alligators and I believe the investigators know it. I think that is why the drug cases against the participants were pushed like they were because it would likely be the only way for any of them to serve any significant time in prison. I also think Ronald was involved in the crime up to his eyebrows.

You are spot on with that one, Mammy. Haleigh Cummings had some shady people around that area. Poor little girl didn't deserve what happened to her.

Mammy Guest
    That precious little girl never had a chance. She was surrounded by drugs, alcohol, domestic violence, theft, drug dealers, child abuse, and more than likely a pedophile or two hanging around the fringes of her life. I think several of her paternal family members know exactly what happened to her, but chose to protect Ronald rather than seek justice for Haleigh. I don't know how they live with themselves.

Hard to believe the Jodi Huisentruit case is now 18 years old:

http://screen.yahoo.com/18-years-tea...vp=1&CMP=OUTUS